Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #2896
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

We stayed at a small waterpark here in Ohio for the weekend and I had oatmeal for breakfast and immediately thought of this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Its a new week - any oatmeal reports from CL?!?!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #2897
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

OK, what's the deal with the oatmeal at CL? They are the ones known to have it year-round. And it's to die for!

Also, did the reburb the Yellowstone and Yosemite suites?
DH and I are celebrating a "cancer free" trip soon and are thinking about returning to the lodge.

WL's CL is one of the TOP CL's on WDW property. Kid you not.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #2898
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Big hug to you

I didn't announce it here earlier so as not to be a Debbie Downer, but I canceled our WDW spring break trip last week. DH is a DoD civilian and his agency still hasn't announced official furlough details. The guidelines suggest that they'll all be furloughed one day a week for 22 weeks (and though many aren't aware, the sequestration, by law, is supposed to last 9 years!) I didn't want to end-up losing our two room-only deposits because we found out that DH can't take leave due to sequestration. Not having any real information to act upon has been frustrating so canceling the vacation seemed prudent and has actually been a relief in some ways.

If any of want to vent or share your sequestrations fears, feel free to post here to get it off your chest - we'll understand
9 YEARS!!!!!
I thought it was 5 months...

I hate the $#%*%%$#@ goverment!!!
alright be nice....

Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #2899
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio

Hey, WL has some if the best oatmeal. With diced apples.... Yum !
I love oatmeal, but it seems I may get there too early in November to get it up in the OFC.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #2900
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I'm just catching up on the thread this morning & am so sad for all of you that are cancelling/postponing trips. I wish I could take all of you with me! Hopefully this wonderful thread will be inspirational to all of you...giving you hope that another trip is just around the corner at some point.
Another trip IS just around the corner.....we're all going to WL with TaraPA!!! You do have the Yellowstone Suite booked, right? Yosemite would work, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
We are staying CL in June and based on some of the more recent comments, I was beginning to wonder if that was a good decision. It seems that you all love this guy and hopefully, he'll have the CL back to its previous glory before our arrival in just 105 days!
I think that some of us 'regulars' were just pointing out some changes we had noticed. Most were changes not even related to management - mostly chef decisions, I think. But, I will say (and I know some others will agree) that the Old Faithful Club just isn't the same without Randy so it's wonderful that he was able to go back 'home.'

Quote:
Its a new week - any oatmeal reports from CL?!?!
You're killin' me. I'm putting out an APB on your oatmeal...I'll get back to you on my oatmeal findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I'm thinking if I ever want to see oatmeal I will need to change my trip dates.
Well, some CLs have it year 'round so maybe WL could, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Hey, WL has some if the best oatmeal. With diced apples.... Yum !
Was that at RF? I only remember dried cranberries, brown sugar and raisins CL. How is it served at RF (just asking as back-up for TaraPA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I'm lovin' those photos KOOK!!
Here's today's installment...

0600 and no waiting!

Pick any chair you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
We stayed at a small waterpark here in Ohio for the weekend and I had oatmeal for breakfast and immediately thought of this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
OK, what's the deal with the oatmeal at CL? They are the ones known to have it year-round. And it's to die for!

DH and I are celebrating a "cancer free" trip soon and are thinking about returning to the lodge.

This is FANTASTIC news!! CONGRATULATIONS

Yes, the two suites were rehabbed, but I don't have any photos. If I can find any, I'll certainly post them.

I think that only the Epcot resorts have oatmeal (and hard boiled eggs) year 'round. Do RPC/SL and KKC have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
9 YEARS!!!!!

alright be nice....
Yeah, little known sequestration fact, that no one really talks about. At least you're not upset about oatmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I love oatmeal, but it seems I may get there too early in November to get it up in the OFC.
Let me see if I can find an OFC oatmeal schedule (stirring a pot of oatmeal...)
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #2901
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

You are all so funny about this "oatmeal" thing!!!

Instead of "Where's the Beef?" - We need "Where's the Oatmeal?"
Old 03-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #2902
chimommy
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone... Planning a trip for dec. and staying at WL (I just have to cancel our Disneyland trip and book here) anyway... Will a pack and play fit in a standard room? Do they have bed rails available? Thanks looks beautiful.., I'm sure my little ones will love it.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #2903
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:

Reports indicate that lately there has been no hot oatmeal in CL. I'm just being a pain about it because I LOVE hot oatmeal for breakfast & am staying CL this week!

Congrats on cancer-free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Another trip IS just around the corner.....we're all going to WL with TaraPA!!! You do have the Yellowstone Suite booked, right? Yosemite would work, too...

If by some magical reason I end up in a suite I will open it up to all of you...have a bag packed on stand-by!
You're killin' me. I'm putting out an APB on your oatmeal...I'll get back to you on my oatmeal findings.

Well, some CLs have it year 'round so maybe WL could, too

Was that at RF? I only remember dried cranberries, brown sugar and raisins CL. How is it served at RF (just asking as back-up for TaraPA)

OMG dried cranberries, brown sugar & raisins?? I've died & gone to WL CL oatmeal Heaven!!

Let me see if I can find an OFC oatmeal schedule (stirring a pot of oatmeal...)
ROFL stirring the pot....of OATMEAL! I love it! Ya know if they don't have it later this week I'm going to have to throw Randy's name around & try & get some!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #2904
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Ya know I've been here almost 13 years & I STILL can't get multi-quoting & bolding right......

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #2905
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
Hello everyone... Planning a trip for dec. and staying at WL (I just have to cancel our Disneyland trip and book here) anyway... Will a pack and play fit in a standard room? Do they have bed rails available? Thanks looks beautiful.., I'm sure my little ones will love it.
Bed rails are available, although we ended up not getting them last year for our almost three year old. A Pack and Play could fit, either next to the TV (blocking the connecting room door, if the room had one) or I have heard of them just barely fitting between the far bed and the outer wall, but there probably wouldn't be room to walk between it and the wall. We used the open space in the bathroom for stroller storage and did fine with three of us in the room. Enjoy your trip.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #2906
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #2907
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

I just spoke with a friend who works on the Club Level and they said that they will be serving hot oatmeal until the first day of Spring! So, if you go before then you will be good!

I hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #2908
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I just wanted to say congratulations on being cancer free!!! Also, is that a photo of a rat terrier?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #2909
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
9 YEARS!!!!!

alright be nice....
My husband will be retired in 2 years, wonder if they will take his retirement too... Sorry this is really getting on my bad side..
Maybe all will be ok and we will get to go.. if it comes down to it I can go to plan B and stay in SOG.. that might even be hard to do...
I need a little Disney Magic and make this all go away...

Old 03-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #2910
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

This just in...

Oatmeal is served seasonally during the winter
months from December 21-March 19.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: