Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #271
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
We are back from 6 nights at WL OFC and we just loved it!!!!

We were in room 7052 with a view of Cinderella Castle, Space Mountain and the CR. Watched fireworks from our balcony!

The atmosphere on the 7th floor is so relaxed and calm
We had a similar view...SO cool! And it was an amazing stay up there, is it not????

I AM A WL BELIEVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Way to go on the intervention. I need to keep this tip in mind if we ever want to switch resorts. I've read it is easier to do from the resort you want rather than the one you want to leave, as you say. And if you are checked in already, they make a bigger effort to keep you if that is your wish. (was that as clear as mud? lol)
I totally get what you're saying!!!!!!!!!!!!

I texted Kook immediately, she knew exactly what to do
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #272
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A quick good morning....I am back!!!

I was very fortunate to meet The Lodge Lady and her DH on Saturday morning Very lovely couple!!!
Hello!!

We were so happy we ran into you and your handsome hubby! Wish we had more time chat!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #273
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you so much for checking in with us - I was getting worried about you!

We have Artist Point booked our first night, too. I love venison, so I wonder if it will be on the menu by the 21st?

With so much of the South Wing closed, it must seem rather empty. Are you hearing much noise while in the lounge?

You've gotten me even more excited about our upcoming stay! Hope to see you a week from today (and, you're welcome)

I'd be happy to add your dates. You're going to love WL even more - CL is fantastic! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
I think the new menu changes will be on the menu tomorrow. We decided to go back on our last night!

Over the weekend we didn't hear much of the construction but we did see them working. Today was a different story. It was pretty loud. Lots of banging and drilling. We spoke to some of the cm's and they said it has been loud. Now, while we are in our room we don't hear a thing. And it only seemed to last until early afternoon. It was definitely louder toward the Southwing.

Other than that, everything has been wonderful so far! This is a great time to visit as it is not very busy. CMs are just the best!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #274
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I will update our beloved Lodgers' Log Tuesday morning. I hope I can keep up on vacation, especially if we want a Lodgers' Cupcake Meet 'n Greet while I'm there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabosoxfan View Post
What time can I reasonably expect to be at Hollywood Studios the day I arrive. We fly into MCO at 10am on Sunday November 4th. We are using ME to get to WL CL. This is our first visit ever to DW. So I expect that the family and I will want to take a quick tour of WL. We are staying 8 nights and have only planned one other day at H.S.. I am thinking best case scenario is that we are in the park around 2pm....Below is the schedule for the week....Also, we do not have park hopper passes as of now...
We really want to see fantasmic so that is reason to go to H.S. that day. We are going later in the week to H.S. but in the evening we want to take in Osborne Lights. If we go to Fantasmic on the 4th we won't feel like we have to rush through the lights to get in line on the 11th to see Fantasmic..

4th--arrive and Hopefully go to H.S.
5th--Epcot
6th---MK
7th--AK
8th Off Day
9th--MK and also MVMCP
10th-- Epcot
11th--H.S.
12 Leave in the morning....

Thoughts????
Welcome back to the thread and congratulations (again?) on planning your first trip to WDW!

I like your 2:00 est. if your flight gets in on time, then you should be at WL by around 11-12. This gives you about an hour to settle in and then head to the bus stop to DHS.

I'd explore FW on your non-park day. Lots to see and do and it's right next door.

Without PH, just make sure the park you go to is also the park you want to eat in or you can also easily eat at the MK area resorts.

Keep us posted on your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
Trip was paid off this morning!!!! Only 47 more days and we'll be at WL!!!!!
PIF dancing guy for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy6060 View Post
I don't know if this has been addressed previously but if anyone can help me mimic the smell of WL lobby at home I'd be eternally grateful.
I don't now what the scent is, but I know that some guests at other resorts have figured out the Yankee Candle or Bath and Body Works equivalent scents. Hopefully, someone will help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolsmum View Post
I love this thread!

We'll be there in 12 days for our first trip to WDW. I'm so excited!
Thank you! I think our trips overlap. Make sure it's noted in your reservation that this is your "first time." You're going to love the Lodge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A quick good morning....I am back!!!

I was very fortunate to meet The Lodge Lady and her DH on Saturday morning Very lovely couple!!!

Thank you to Kook for a nice welcome gift...

We cancelled our GF evening to stay at Wl one more night

I have so much awesomeness to report, but I have NEVER met a nicer crew of CMs....they took wonderful care of us...AND my DH has agreed to return to WDW....if we stay at WL.....so I have ch-ch-changed my April trip already!!!!!
While I believe that you were pleasantly surprised by WL, I'm not sure if you'll be keeping your spring break reservation there. BTW, did you apply a discount? I couldn't apply one to spring break

I'm so pleased that you were able to extend your visit by one night. I think your kids would love it there! And, you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
We are back from 6 nights at WL OFC and we just loved it!!!!

We were in room 7052 with a view of Cinderella Castle, Space Mountain and the CR. Watched fireworks from our balcony!

The atmosphere on the 7th floor is so relaxed and calm. The CM's (especially Kristin and Bonnie) were so kind and helpful!!!! My parents - who are not into luxury at all - absolutely LOVED club level and will not stay any other way in Disney again. I agree!

We saved a lot of $$ on things like milk (each small Mickey milk is $1.29 and my kids must have had 4 each day if not more!), the breakfast, snacks (DH loved the magic cookie bars), beverages (soda, lemonade, iced tea and the nescafe coffee machine) saved us as well. My parents were able to make light meals out of the evening offerings several nights and they both liked the wine and beer selections.

We will definitely stay club level again. I am DEFINITELY booking it for Christmas 2013 before our Disney Dream cruise on 12/29/13. THAT will be an amazing vacation!

Any questions, please ask. I will be uploading pictures soon!

Thanks to Kook and everyone on this thread for your great info!
Thank you for reporting back to us about your CL stay. I'm so happy you and your parents had a wonderful time and plan on returning. Looking forward to your photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
Honk your horn and wave to me! I don't live too far from there!!
Pedro sez - will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Sorry it took a few days to wander back here, my younger DS and his fiance have been home for his b'day. Thanks for the invite, love those rockers, so cozy. The green roof does become you, I must say.

Way to go on the intervention. I need to keep this tip in mind if we ever want to switch resorts. I've read it is easier to do from the resort you want rather than the one you want to leave, as you say. And if you are checked in already, they make a bigger effort to keep you if that is your wish. (was that as clear as mud? lol)
You're such a great sport
I do have a tinge of guilt about wooing our Jeanette from her beloved RPC - no hard feelings I hope. I really had the best interest of her hubby in mind - you know, all that cobbler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Add me to your ranks!!! After MUCH contemplation, I just switched our reservation to WL, the place I really wanted to be at all along.

I surprised my (now) husband with a WDW trip back when we were dating. Now we have the pleasures of brining our three young daughters.

Am I Excited??
A resort changer AND a WL booker - perfect! YES! You are excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
We would love to be added to the Lodger's Log!

We are going 12/11-12/14 with free dining. This will be our second trip. Originally we booked POFQ as we wanted to not spend a ton but with holidays at Disney, how could we resist WL?

We did choose a basic room but last time got upgraded Courtyard for our anniversary...maybe with my daughter's birthday we will get lucky again! If not, no worries...we're just thrilled to be going back!
I like that you booked a category you can live with - that's the way to do it. The decorations are wonderful at WL and they'll definitely get you and your kids in the spirit. I hope you have a great vacation in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
I think the new menu changes will be on the menu tomorrow. We decided to go back on our last night!

Over the weekend we didn't hear much of the construction but we did see them working. Today was a different story. It was pretty loud. Lots of banging and drilling. We spoke to some of the cm's and they said it has been loud. Now, while we are in our room we don't hear a thing. And it only seemed to last until early afternoon. It was definitely louder toward the Southwing.

Other than that, everything has been wonderful so far! This is a great time to visit as it is not very busy. CMs are just the best!
That is great that the venison will be on the menu when we dine there. DH said to book it the first night so that we have flexibility to book it again before we leave if we really like it. I think that's a great way to end your trip

Thank you for the noise update. They must be very close to finishing and they must be ahead of schedule. Please give my regards to the OFC staff and enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-14-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #275
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Milk in the lounge

It's a long shot, but is rice or coconut milk available in the CL lounge?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #276
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg
They should be able to get something like this for you.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #277
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
They should be able to get something like this for you.
Yes, just email the IPO as soon as you have a confirmed reservation. They should be able to let you know right away whether this is doable or not, but as eacosper speculated, they should be able to since you have a dietary need.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #278
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Hello!!

We were so happy we ran into you and your handsome hubby! Wish we had more time chat!
Us too!!!!! Glad you are still there enjoying it!!!!! Hope it stays quiet there for you

Quote:
While I believe that you were pleasantly surprised by WL, I'm not sure if you'll be keeping your spring break reservation there. BTW, did you apply a discount? I couldn't apply one to spring break

I'm so pleased that you were able to extend your visit by one night. I think your kids would love it there! And, you're welcome

I do have a tinge of guilt about wooing our Jeanette from her beloved RPC - no hard feelings I hope. I really had the best interest of her hubby in mind - you know, all that cobbler...
Don't feel guilty...k&a&c'smom & junglecruiser are SO used to my changes.....

COBBLER IS DELISH!!!!!

DH is happy, I am happy, kids will love OFC.....hmmm chances of keeping the reservation intact.......prefer not to jinx....but kook, DH has never loved a place more

No discount....I am doing RPR first...busy week so we can have the Express Pass...then over to WL....DH wants to do March & October now but I don't want to kids missing too much school....we shall see
Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #279
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

So great to hear about all the nice trips everyone had. You're getting me even more excited for our trip! I'm under four months out now! Wooo!

Quick question: I was reading tips of things to bring to WDW, and one was a power strip to make sure you had a place to charge all your various electronics. I thought for some reason I had seen a charging station incorporated into the WL refurbished rooms, but now I can't find that picture. Did I dream it?

Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #280
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
So great to hear about all the nice trips everyone had. You're getting me even more excited for our trip! I'm under four months out now! Wooo!

Quick question: I was reading tips of things to bring to WDW, and one was a power strip to make sure you had a place to charge all your various electronics. I thought for some reason I had seen a charging station incorporated into the WL refurbished rooms, but now I can't find that picture. Did I dream it?
It's on the small desk/table...a power strip is actually part of the table
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #281
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Anxiously awaiting

I am anxiously awaiting pictures from all of you who are there now or just returning.

I need my WL fix

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #282
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's on the small desk/table...a power strip is actually part of the table
I knew I wasn't crazy! Thanks! Do you happen to remember how many outlets there were on the table?

What a smart design!

Old 08-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #283
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
I knew I wasn't crazy! Thanks! Do you happen to remember how many outlets there were on the table?

What a smart design!
I want to say 5 or 6....I could be wrong...At least 5! Yes!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #284
Lolsmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I think our trips overlap. Make sure it's noted in your reservation that this is your "first time." You're going to love the Lodge!
I did mention it was our first trip when speaking to someone yesterday about linking our reservation with my parents.

We'll be there from the 25th to the 4th. We then fly home overnight and the kids start school the day after we get back to the UK. Should be interesting.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #285
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I am anxiously awaiting pictures from all of you who are there now or just returning.

I need my WL fix
Check out my TR......I have a few...a few more to come....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2966585

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: