Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #2776
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From AllEars

From now through the beginning of March, Walt Disney World will be upgrading its complimentary Wi-Fi internet service at the resorts, Downtown Disney and in the theme parks. As a result, there may be brief service interruptions, of only five minutes' duration at any given time or location. Note that Wi-Fi is not available at Walt Disney World water park and miniature golf locations, or while on Walt Disney World transportation.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #2777
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
From now through the beginning of March, Walt Disney World will be upgrading its complimentary Wi-Fi internet service at the resorts, Downtown Disney and in the theme parks. As a result, there may be brief service interruptions, of only five minutes' duration at any given time or location. Note that Wi-Fi is not available at Walt Disney World water park and miniature golf locations, or while on Walt Disney World transportation.
Yay! I've heard some not so good comments about it. Despite being free, we still want it to work reasonably. I hope it's running smooth by Sept! Dh will be happy.
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #2778
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki7680 View Post
My family of 4 is traveling with my cousin and her family of 3. My family wanted to ask about being the "Flag Family" when we check in but I would feel terrible if my family got to do it and her's didn't. Do you know how many people are allowed up at one time? Do you think we could be a family of 7 and do it together? Thanks!
We are a family of 3 & shared the experience with a family of 6, there was plenty of room.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #2779
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Good morning!

Yes Loyda is still up on CL. We got a chance to speak with her last Friday when we stopped in.
Thank you! My daughter just loves her!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #2780
marymac123
DIS Veteran

KOOK- Can you please add us to the Log,

Aug. 27th - Sept. 5th Thank You, Mary

Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #2781
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

What is the flag family? Is it that you raise the flag at the lodge? I think my husband would really like that. How do you go about doing it?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #2782
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
What is the flag family? Is it that you raise the flag at the lodge? I think my husband would really like that. How do you go about doing it?
From post #9 of this thread.

FLAG FAMILY: Each day at the Wilderness Lodge one family is chosen to be the Flag Family. The family accompanies a CM to the roof (via the 7th floor) to raise the five flags that fly over the hotel: The American Flag, the Florida State Flag, the Walt Disney World flag, and two Wilderness Lodge flags. You must ask at check-in if there is availability during your stay. The Flag Family cannot be reserved prior to your arrival.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #2783
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

FLAG FAMILY: Each day at the Wilderness Lodge one family is chosen to be the Flag Family. The family accompanies a CM to the roof (via the 7th floor) to raise the five flags that fly over the hotel: The American Flag, the Florida State Flag, the Walt Disney World flag, and two Wilderness Lodge flags. You must ask at check-in if there is availability during your stay. The Flag Family cannot be reserved prior to your arrival.
Thank you! I swear I've read all the those intro/info posts, but clearly my mind is a sieve! That's cool! I'm definitely going to ask when we check in! Thank you!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #2784
DoctorWhoGirl
Mouseketeer

I think we are going to do the HDDR for dinner on our first night (I've never done it before despite staying at the FWCG many times as a child) Will we be able to take a boat from WL to the campground? I know there is a walking path, but not so sure my kids will want to walk both ways.

Past Disney vacations:
Nov 2012 - POFQ
Oct/Nov 2013 - WL & MNSSHP
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #2785
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
I think we are going to do the HDDR for dinner on our first night (I've never done it before despite staying at the FWCG many times as a child) Will we be able to take a boat from WL to the campground? I know there is a walking path, but not so sure my kids will want to walk both ways.
Definitely! There will be signs on the dock that tell you which side of the dock is for boats to FW.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #2786
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
We are a family of 3 & shared the experience with a family of 6, there was plenty of room.
Do you, or anyone else, know what time they do the flag ceremony? Just wondering since we have some early breakfast ADRs on this trip. Thanks!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #2787
willeve
Mouseketeer

We did the flag raising in 2011, it was about 8am I think. Really super fun, a treat for our family!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #2788
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Yay! I've heard some not so good comments about it. Despite being free, we still want it to work reasonably. I hope it's running smooth by Sept! Dh will be happy.
Despite some initial resistance, WDW is finally moving right along into the 21st century

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
KOOK- Can you please add us to the Log,

Aug. 27th - Sept. 5th Thank You, Mary
I'd be happy to and congratulations on booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Thanks, dad!

Quote:
Thank you! I swear I've read all the those intro/info posts, but clearly my mind is a sieve! That's cool! I'm definitely going to ask when we check in! Thank you!
We're all happy to answer questions anytime and I hope you get to be FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoGirl View Post
Welcome!

My DD14 would LOVE your screen name as her current BBC/Netflix obsession is Dr. Who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
Definitely! There will be signs on the dock that tell you which side of the dock is for boats to FW.
Welcome, Disbug.

Yes, it's the Blue Flag boat that goes to FW and also goes to the CR - there's even a bus, too, DoctorWhoGirl.

Quote:
Do you, or anyone else, know what time they do the flag ceremony? Just wondering since we have some early breakfast ADRs on this trip. Thanks!
I have heard that the FF gets to partake in a free CL breakfast
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #2789
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

I know that they stopped giving out small bottles of water to CL guests, but I think I read that if someone requested one, some resorts still would provide one. Does anyone know if WL club level will provide bottled water upon request?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2790
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3
I know that they stopped giving out small bottles of water to CL guests, but I think I read that if someone requested one, some resorts still would provide one. Does anyone know if WL club level will provide bottled water upon request?
Me & my sister stayed Valentine's day weekend for her birthday. She requested a water & they provided a large dasani bottle for her. Not sure if it was because it was her birthday or what. But that was nice of them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: