Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #2731
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

We love the Beach Club because it is a short walk to Epcot, the Marketplace is located in that building and the theme of the resort appeals to us. The whole area is great. There is a boat to both HS and Epcot. There is a lot less bus riding to do when staying there, which is really nice.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the Epcot resorts.
We were looking at the Beach Club so I am happy that was the first one mentioned. I think it would be a nice place to check out. Thanks for your input!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #2732
rbadger
Earning My Ears

WL "Lost and Found" help

Not sure if I checked all the right places, but we checked out on Sat. and when were were about halfway home my son realized he left his lost stuffed animal in the room (likely on the top bunk). We contacted the WL main number and were transferred to the lost and found voicemail. We left a message but haven't heard anything. I also emailed the "Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.c om" email (we were on Club Level) and they said they contacted housekeeping, but again we haven't heard anything back yet.

I wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth checking with. My son is distraught at losing his favorite stuffed animal.

Has anyone had any luck (and how long does it normally take) getting anything returned from housekeeping/lost and found?

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #2733
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

Question about the standard bunk bed rooms. We are going to put in a request for a bunk bed room, I know they are limited and sought after so the chances are slim. What I'm wondering about is that my oldest daughter is 5, not 6, does this mean they will not put us in a bunk bed room unless we had actually booked a bunk bed room?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #2734
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00
Question about the standard bunk bed rooms. We are going to put in a request for a bunk bed room, I know they are limited and sought after so the chances are slim. What I'm wondering about is that my oldest daughter is 5, not 6, does this mean they will not put us in a bunk bed room unless we had actually booked a bunk bed room?
If you book a bunk bed room you should get a bunk bed room. It is a category you pay for and not a preference If you book a club level room you can put in a request for bunk beds but it is not guaranteed. I don't know if someone who booked a regular standard view room would be able to get a free upgrade to a bunk bed room.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #2735
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if Loyda is still up on CL? Thanks!!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #2736
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
If you book a bunk bed room you should get a bunk bed room. It is a category you pay for and not a preference If you book a club level room you can put in a request for bunk beds but it is not guaranteed. I don't know if someone who booked a regular standard view room would be able to get a free upgrade to a bunk bed room.
I was under the impression there are standard room bunk bed rooms, but they are not bookable vs. the woods view or courtyard view bookable bunk bed categories.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #2737
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post
I was under the impression there are standard room bunk bed rooms, but they are not bookable vs. the woods view or courtyard view bookable bunk bed categories.
That is correct - CL and STD View non-CL rooms with bunks are by-request only:

Standard View
1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed
Sleeps up to 4
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #2738
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbean09 View Post
This is my dream resort, the theming just looks superb!!!
I'm hoping to be able to go here next year's Feb trip, if not, the next one after that then.
I'm happy to see it gets a lot of positive ratings!
Well pull up a rocker and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylizard View Post
Checking in to the Villas in May. Can't wait!!
It won't be long now, skylizard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
Thank you.. we will be staying at the French Quarter.
I've updated the Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
First, I would love to be added to the Lodger's Log for 8/11-8/16. We'll be there celebrating my youngest's birthday!

Second, for requesting rooms...we have reserved a Woods View Bunk Bed room. I'd love a view of MK & Wishes if the room gods are with us. Would it be best to request 1. a high floor and 2. Otter pond view?

Thanks a million!
I've added you to the LL and an alternate request would be "North Wing, high floor." The room assignor will understand both requests as they know that the Otter Pond is on the North Side. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelljean View Post
Just returned from a VWL stay Feb. 13-21 in a 2BRM lock off with the exception of 2/17 when we could only get a 1 BRM so some of us stayed at AKL Club level. Both sons, DH and in-laws (in their 80's) and myself for this trip. Those who stayed at AKL Club level loved it.

At VWL we had issues checking in (rooms not ready after 5 pm and then the room number was called to our home phone instead of a text to our cell phone which we requested) and with Mousekeeping (no room cleaning or trash and towel service in the 1 BRM unit which we were in 8 days). The lack of Mousekeeping put a kink in our trip. I spent a lot of time cleaning and washing Disney towels/sheets and came home exhausted. I kept being sent from Mousekeeping, to the front desk to Member services. I gave up and will send a letter. I wanted a nice trip for the family so I cleaned and did Disney's laundry begrudgingly.

The Territory Lounge was nice, we really enjoyed our time there. We had a hoot of a breakfast at Whispering Canyon (or as my son refers to it "The Bellowing Buffet"). We took the in-laws to the Top of the World Lounge for a drink and to watch MK fireworks. They enjoyed that.

I don't think the in-laws will travel again so this was a special time, they flew in from Minnesota, a son from Wisconsin and the rest from the East Coast. Despite weather issues, all went well from a transportation perspective.

One thing I miss in the villas are the dishes which matched the room decor. I loved the green mugs and the large "Chuckwagon" type bowls. The white institutional dishes just are not the same. I brought a hearty soup mix along to have in the "Chuckwagon" bowls, but alas, no bowls. I really miss the old WL dishes and didn't make the soup.
Thanks so much for filing a VWL TR with us. It's always great to hear what others thought of their accommodations and thanks for answering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time!
As soon as the Halloween decorations come down in the first week of November, the Christmas decorations magically start appearing, but the date seems to vary every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
We check in to the Lodge tomorrow!

Hope to be in the air at this time tomorrow and to the Lodge by Noon.

We cannot wait!
I hope we hear from you soon and I hope you had an easy flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerrn View Post
We are also checking in tomorrow! So excited! Honeymoon Suite CL here we come!!!
Looking forward to your report and have a magical vacation

Quote:

Jealous of the Honeymoon Suite, but probably would not have been an appropriate choice for my son's 7th birthday celebration.....
Awww, I bet he would love playing in that whirlpool tub and sleeping in a blanket fort on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Couturier View Post
I'll be staying at WL in a Honeymoon Suite myself with my new wife the last week of September!

Can you give us a review when you return?

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
Just booked our second trip to the Lodge -- Dec 7-13, Courtyard Bunk Bed. Can't wait to get back!
Ive logged you on the first page. It's going to be perfect with all the decorations up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
Popping in to say that we'll be there in no time! A day early in fact. We are going to be arriving Tuesday evening rather than Wednesday afternoon. So excited
Can't wait to hear about your stay. It's so exciting leaving a day earlier - yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I would love some opinions from WL lovers about a possible stay at an Epcot resort next June.

We adore/love the Wilderness Lodge. It just feels like home. With that said, we are planning on a trip in June and wanted to test the waters at an Epcot resort. Does anyone have a recomendation for one of them,and if so, why?

If it helps, the trip is my 15 year old son, my mother, and myself. We drive, so no magical express, and if needed, we would think of driving to parks.

Thank you in advance -
We tested the Crescent Lake waters last spring break at BWI and loved being able to walk right over to DHS and Epcot. We prefer BWI because it's a more relaxed atmosphere than BC. We liked YC, but it shares many amenities with BC which we personally find way to chaotic and crazy. We prefer the scenery and views at BWI over YC (no rooftop views). We'll be staying again this spring break, but we're also staying at FWC. We did a BWI/WL-CL split last spring break which was nice, but we didn't really like BWI's CL so we're staying non-CL this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hi again!

We've just about decided we're doing another WDW trip!! Aiming for Nov 9-16, 2013. We did November 2012 over Veteran's Day, so we're aiming for a few days later to try to avoid some of the crowd's, but still take advantage of the holiday off!

We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 26 months - so excited to see her reaction this time around!

We're thinking Woods View with a bunk bed...and keeping our fingers crossed for a pin and/or room only discount.

Glad to be joining you all again!!
Keep us updated on your plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbadger View Post
Not sure if I checked all the right places, but we checked out on Sat. and when were were about halfway home my son realized he left his lost stuffed animal in the room (likely on the top bunk). We contacted the WL main number and were transferred to the lost and found voicemail. We left a message but haven't heard anything. I also emailed the "Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.c om" email (we were on Club Level) and they said they contacted housekeeping, but again we haven't heard anything back yet.

I wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth checking with. My son is distraught at losing his favorite stuffed animal.

Has anyone had any luck (and how long does it normally take) getting anything returned from housekeeping/lost and found?

Thanks!
You did all the right things. I've heard amazing things about resorts promptly mailing back found items, but it may be harder if it was taken away with the dirty linens. I've read that when this happens, it's harder to track down lost items in the WDW laundry facilities. I've read of 'alternate' new items even being given to guests whose laundered item can't be recovered.

But, not hearing from them already doesn't mean it won't be found or that they haven't already mailed it home. I would email the IPO again tomorrow or later today and ask for an update. I know this is very hard for DS and for you - I bet it was a long trip back home and even harder for him to fall asleep. I hope his stuffed animal is found soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #2739
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
That is correct - CL and STD View non-CL rooms with bunks are by-request only:

Standard View
1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed
Sleeps up to 4
Well, I was almost right. It seems strange to me that they would charge a higher price for a guaranteed bunk bed woods view or courtyard view room, but just make it a preference for standard view rooms. Oh, well, I guess it doesn't have to make sense to me.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #2740
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We tested the Crescent Lake waters last spring break at BWI and loved being able to walk right over to DHS and Epcot. We prefer BWI because it's a more relaxed atmosphere than BC. We liked YC, but it shares many amenities with BC which we personally find way to chaotic and crazy. We prefer the scenery and views at BWI over YC (no rooftop views). We'll be staying again this spring break, but we're also staying at FWC. We did a BWI/WL-CL split last spring break which was nice, but we didn't really like BWI's CL so we're staying non-CL this time.
Kook - Thank you so much for the info. I definitely do not like chaotic and never even thought of BC and YC sharing. Oh and I really dislike the idea of a rooftop view.

We were thinking of a bit of a cheaper trip, so no CL in June wherever we stay. But may I ask what you did not like about their CL at BWI?

Last edited by nyrebecca; 02-25-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: forgot to ask
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #2741
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Kook - Thank you so much for the info. I definitely do not like chaotic and never even thought of BC and YC sharing. Oh and I really dislike the idea of a rooftop view.

We were thinking of a bit of a cheaper trip, so no CL in June wherever we stay. But may I ask what you did not like about their CL at BWI?
You're welcome. I thought DS might prefer a more relaxed setting

Every time I walked out of my YC CL room, the view out the hallway windows was of the wet, dirty rooftop full of pebbles. The window was partially covered, which was also a negative, but was intended to block the view. However, our room view was not of a rooftop.

Here is the link to my BWI/CL review from last spring break:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2908723
Old 02-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #2742
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Sitting outside of the Old Faithful Club right now. Offerings tonight were BBQ chicken skewers, shepherds pie (yum), pb&j shooters, 4 kinds of cheese and multiple crackers. Carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and broccoli for the crudités. Turkey Rollups and some type of bean salad. The staff replenished frequently.

At breakfast time, there was plenty of fresh fruit in addition to the oranges, apples and bananas out all day. And there was oatmeal. Don't know what else was out at that time because I just looked in briefly on our way to get a taxi to an early ADR.

We are really enjoying ourselves! Got room 7044 which is a MK view. Very nice and near the elevators to the pool and the boat.

Mouse keeping and CL staff have been great so far! Today was our first full day here and we came back to find 4 towel animals. :-)
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR

Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #2743
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sitting outside of the Old Faithful Club right now. Offerings tonight were BBQ chicken skewers, shepherds pie (yum), pb&j shooters, 4 kinds of cheese and multiple crackers. Carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and broccoli for the crudités. Turkey Rollups and some type of bean salad. The staff replenished frequently.

At breakfast time, there was plenty of fresh fruit in addition to the oranges, apples and bananas out all day. And there was oatmeal. Don't know what else was out at that time because I just looked in briefly on our way to get a taxi to an early ADR.

We are really enjoying ourselves! Got room 7044 which is a MK view. Very nice and near the elevators to the pool and the boat.

Mouse keeping and CL staff have been great so far! Today was our first full day here and we came back to find 4 towel animals. :-)
Hope you enjoy the stay! I wonder what kind of cobbler there will be tonight.....

Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #2744
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Apple cobbler tonight. Peach berry cobbler last night.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR

Old 02-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #2745
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Apple cobbler tonight. Peach berry cobbler last night.
Are they back to the fresh sliced apples or still canned cubes?

Enjoy dessert and drinks and thanks so much for your great live update! I don't recall a Sheperd's Pie.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: