Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #2686
tinkerrn
Needing 'pixie dust'!!
 
tinkerrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisville,Ky
Posts: 2,047

I am so excited! We will be checking into one of the Honeymoon Suites on Sunday for 5 nights! We have had the villa view three times so far and are really hoping for a MK view this time. Does anyone know if they still serve Kings Estate ine in the CL? I love this wine and can't find it anywhere locally.
__________________
tinkerrn is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #2687
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,254

Well, we're back and we liked it! Stayed in a studio. It had more usable space (or, rather, space to put our luggage and still be able to walk around) than the 2 bedroom at SSR we'd just been at. Go figure!

They were also the smoothest to deal with; we had issues at Kidani and ISSUES ISSUES ISSUES at SSR, but VWL was issue-free.

Well, OK, the $5.19 charge made by SSR caused BofA to put a fraud alert on our CC (righteous charge...just confused the CC people), which then *later on* was doing weird things to charges on our KTTW at VWL, but it was all fixed beautifully and without a problem. The CMs at WL were lovely and wonderful and EASY to deal with.

Given what we had just dealt with at SSR (multiple lines of problems culminating in a lower level manager giving attitude when DH was *sad* while spending 2 hours on an issue that was their fault 100%), this made VWL our fave DVC of this trip.


Our stay there was definitely far too short. My *only* thought about it that makes me hesitant is the pinecone pattern on the carpet in the room. I knew it was pinecones, but I kept seeing it as giant arachnids. My eyes and brain were messing with me, big time. Anyone else mis-see that pattern? (doubtful but I can hope)


Oh, and Territory Lounge was lovely. The QS breakfast was beyond ghastly, but I really shouldn't have expected anything else from the eggs, etc, in any QS's Bounty Platter, especially when it was 10:58am, LOL. But the TL was great.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 02-21-2013 at 12:15 PM.
bumbershoot is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #2688
uagirl
Oh Toodles!
 
uagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 159

DH and I have stayed at WL twice, including our honeymoon. It holds and extra special place in our hearts. We are planning a Christmas 2014 trip with my mom, step dad and brother. We want to stay WL CL again, but my mom is deathly afraid of heights. I know you can go in and out of the room with food without going near the railings, but is there any seating that is not near railings? I can't remember and can't seem to find any pictures that show the seating.
__________________
1994 - Poly 2000 - Grand Floridian
2008 - WL CL Honeymoon 2009 - WL
2012 - Poly CL


Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-3 Princess #2 - Coming July 2014

uagirl is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #2689
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer
 
disnmooner2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerrn View Post
I am so excited! We will be checking into one of the Honeymoon Suites on Sunday for 5 nights! We have had the villa view three times so far and are really hoping for a MK view this time. Does anyone know if they still serve Kings Estate ine in the CL? I love this wine and can't find it anywhere locally.
Tinkerrn - Can you please let me know what honeymoon suite you are in and what your thoughts of it were after you come back? We will be there in June in a honeymoon room.
__________________
JUNE 2013 HONEYMOON AT WILDERNESS LODGE HONEYMOON ROOM W/ CLUB LEVEL

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 02-21-2013 at 06:49 PM.
disnmooner2013 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #2690
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306
HI! I have not stayed at WL in years because we have one too many babies. I am staying in a few weeks, as grandma is taking them to her dvc villa. So excited to go back to WL especially all the rooms have been refurbed! When booking a view is it worth it to request inner courtyard, I think it is call Bear something on DIS? How is it having your door off the lobby?
The "Bear Face" rooms are the inner courtyard view rooms that have their doors open to the lobby. When you look at the resort from Bay Lake the windows of these rooms look like the face of a bear. Any courtyard view that overlooks the main pool is considered inner courtyard, and most of these are in the wings of the hotel. Other "Courtyard View" rooms overlook the villas pool which is quieter but probably not as impressive a view.

We had a room opening to the lobby last trip and loved it. We really enjoyed the view and not having to walk down a long enclosed hallway. We often stopped to look down on the lobby and take pictures. While we liked it, others prefer a quieter location since you can hear noise from WCC especially at peak times. It just comes down to your preference. Enjoy your return to the Lodge.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #2691
lovingeire
DIS Veteran
 
lovingeire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 825

bumbershoot, I love your sons name! Eamon is on our short list should we have another boy.
__________________
Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (4) DS (7 months)



DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #2692
kerri0616
DIS Veteran
 
kerri0616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,640

Hello WL fans! I'm a WL newbie and we tacked on 2 days in June at WLV after our 5 days at BC. Can't wait to try both resorts!

Here's my question...Has WLV replaced the bedding yet? I thought I read something about this a few months ago.

Thanks for any info!

Kerri
__________________
kerri0616 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #2693
Paul Couturier
Future Disneymooner
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Attleboro
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerrn View Post
I am so excited! We will be checking into one of the Honeymoon Suites on Sunday for 5 nights! We have had the villa view three times so far and are really hoping for a MK view this time. Does anyone know if they still serve Kings Estate ine in the CL? I love this wine and can't find it anywhere locally.
PLEASE give a review once your trip is over! I'm going to WL for my honeymoon in Sept, and staying in a Honeymoon Suite also!

Paul
__________________
Paul

Future Husband of Maria

Disneymooning 9/22-9/29, WL CL
Paul Couturier is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #2694
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
bumbershoot, I love your sons name! Eamon is on our short list should we have another boy.
Aw, thanks! And yay!

Just know that it is mispronounced ALL the time. Almost everyone will think you are saying Aidan, even kids (who usually hear things pretty well, I've found). We've also gotten Damon and yep, Liam (but the man that says that is nearly 100 so I'll give him a pass).

I've actually given him a pass to change his name when he's older, because it has kind of been annoying. I wish we'd used Hamish instead, actually. Other than saying it like "ham", I think it would be harder to pronounce incorrectly. And his personality is more like a Hamish (which I see as burly and noisy but kind b/c I've seen Braveheart too many times) rather than the calm and quiet Eamon I thought he was when he was brand new! (Even hubby's pick of Angus would have been better for him, LOL) He is still sweet and kind, but just doesn't match his name as well as I thought he would.


Speaking of WL to keep this more on topic, we met a woman there in the hallway who had called out the name from behind us, which stopped us in our tracks, but it turns out her husband's name is Egyptian (that's who she was calling out to), and his name is spelled something like Aiman. Said the same, though.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #2695
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Hello WL fans! I'm a WL newbie and we tacked on 2 days in June at WLV after our 5 days at BC. Can't wait to try both resorts!

Here's my question...Has WLV replaced the bedding yet? I thought I read something about this a few months ago.

Thanks for any info!

Kerri
You mean the bedspread? Not yet. That probably won't happen until 2014.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #2696
lovingeire
DIS Veteran
 
lovingeire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Aw, thanks! And yay!

Just know that it is mispronounced ALL the time. Almost everyone will think you are saying Aidan, even kids (who usually hear things pretty well, I've found). We've also gotten Damon and yep, Liam (but the man that says that is nearly 100 so I'll give him a pass).

I've actually given him a pass to change his name when he's older, because it has kind of been annoying. I wish we'd used Hamish instead, actually. Other than saying it like "ham", I think it would be harder to pronounce incorrectly. And his personality is more like a Hamish (which I see as burly and noisy but kind b/c I've seen Braveheart too many times) rather than the calm and quiet Eamon I thought he was when he was brand new! (Even hubby's pick of Angus would have been better for him, LOL) He is still sweet and kind, but just doesn't match his name as well as I thought he would.
)
I can't believe it's mispronounced that often and with such names that are different! However, my name is Gretchen and I get Rachel and Bridget a lot. I love my name, but sometimes I wish it was more familiar! We'll see, we have all boys so I'm still holding out some hope for a girl the final time around!
__________________
Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (4) DS (7 months)



DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #2697
ethansmommy
Disney Planner
 
ethansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 382

Sadly we will not be staying at our beloved WL this coming trip. We are trying to save some $$ so we went with a moderate for now. I really hope a good discount comes out for our timeframe so we can switch back. It just won't be the same with out the lodge. Please remove our name from the lodge travelers list hopefully just temporarily.
__________________
Wife and mom to my guys: (DH) (DS8)

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."


Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #2698
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
It's official! We have booked Wilderness Lodge, Woods View & Bunk Beds for Aug 11-16t! I cannot wait! I already booked all of our dining reservations except for our check in night. I am debating if we should try Whispering Canyon since we're staying there or go to Raglan Road, one of our favorites, at Downtown Disney. I just can't decide! We are doing a TON of new restaurants this trip, so I thought maybe I'd try to do something familiar, but I think next time my husband is insisting on a monorail resort, unless he falls in love this trip, so I might want to take advantage of being there & eat at the resort? I'm so indecisive, but overall just stoked to have another Disney trip to look forward to!
You have to try WCC - lots of fun and atmosphere. I don't know what time you're checking-in, but we check-in early and are able to go down to WCC for breakfast after arrival. It really gets us in the mood for being at the Lodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer in canada View Post
Best part of WL.....the boat ride back in the evening to see the fireworks at MK!!
Thank you for the beautiful photo. It's also fun to catch the EWP while you're on a Bay Lake boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
HI! I have not stayed at WL in years because we have one too many babies. I am staying in a few weeks, as grandma is taking them to her dvc villa. So excited to go back to WL especially all the rooms have been refurbed! When booking a view is it worth it to request inner courtyard, I think it is call Bear something on DIS? How is it having your door off the lobby?
We love the (Inner/WL) Courtyard View since you can see Bay Lake and the geyser - it's my favorite WDW view and I think you'll love it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerrn View Post
I am so excited! We will be checking into one of the Honeymoon Suites on Sunday for 5 nights! We have had the villa view three times so far and are really hoping for a MK view this time. Does anyone know if they still serve Kings Estate ine in the CL? I love this wine and can't find it anywhere locally.
I can't recall what wine was served in August, but it may have changed since then. Did you request a North Wing suite? Make sure that's in your reservation and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Well, we're back and we liked it! Stayed in a studio. It had more usable space (or, rather, space to put our luggage and still be able to walk around) than the 2 bedroom at SSR we'd just been at. Go figure!

They were also the smoothest to deal with; we had issues at Kidani and ISSUES ISSUES ISSUES at SSR, but VWL was issue-free.

Well, OK, the $5.19 charge made by SSR caused BofA to put a fraud alert on our CC (righteous charge...just confused the CC people), which then *later on* was doing weird things to charges on our KTTW at VWL, but it was all fixed beautifully and without a problem. The CMs at WL were lovely and wonderful and EASY to deal with.

Given what we had just dealt with at SSR (multiple lines of problems culminating in a lower level manager giving attitude when DH was *sad* while spending 2 hours on an issue that was their fault 100%), this made VWL our fave DVC of this trip.


Our stay there was definitely far too short. My *only* thought about it that makes me hesitant is the pinecone pattern on the carpet in the room. I knew it was pinecones, but I kept seeing it as giant arachnids. My eyes and brain were messing with me, big time. Anyone else mis-see that pattern? (doubtful but I can hope)


Oh, and Territory Lounge was lovely. The QS breakfast was beyond ghastly, but I really shouldn't have expected anything else from the eggs, etc, in any QS's Bounty Platter, especially when it was 10:58am, LOL. But the TL was great.
Thank you for your VWL review. I would have been distracted by that pattern, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uagirl View Post
DH and I have stayed at WL twice, including our honeymoon. It holds and extra special place in our hearts. We are planning a Christmas 2014 trip with my mom, step dad and brother. We want to stay WL CL again, but my mom is deathly afraid of heights. I know you can go in and out of the room with food without going near the railings, but is there any seating that is not near railings? I can't remember and can't seem to find any pictures that show the seating.
Actually, if you are in the North Wing, you will have to go past the railing to the lobby below, so make sure you request a South Wing room if you don't want DM to have to go past it. Most, but not all of the CL tables are next to a railing except for a sofa that backs to the railing, but looks out at a TV against the wall. There are also a few tables that are against a wall, but in between them is the railing that overlooks the WL courtyard. Some are closest to the trash can and one (or two?) are along the same wall/railing at the opposite end nearest the CL manager's office. They are hard to see, but they are in this photo underneath the wreath:



Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Hello WL fans! I'm a WL newbie and we tacked on 2 days in June at WLV after our 5 days at BC. Can't wait to try both resorts!

Here's my question...Has WLV replaced the bedding yet? I thought I read something about this a few months ago.

Thanks for any info!

Kerri
and let us know if you have any other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
Sadly we will not be staying at our beloved WL this coming trip. We are trying to save some $$ so we went with a moderate for now. I really hope a good discount comes out for our timeframe so we can switch back. It just won't be the same with out the lodge. Please remove our name from the lodge travelers list hopefully just temporarily.
I'm sorry, but you are still going to WDW! You don't have to be staying at WL/VWL to be in the Lodgers' Log. In fact, I'm logged and I'm not staying at WL for spring break. If you let me know where you're staying, I can update your entry and easily change it if you do end up staying at WL

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 02-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #2699
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,468

You may as well add us to the Lodger's Log for Dec 3 - 8, 2013. We really didn't get much of a chance to truly appreciate the lodge last time. In fact, I never went in the gift shop or had a drink at the Territory Lounge! I didn't get to walk down the nature trail or go to the campfire. We didn't even eat dinner at the resort. I need to come back just so I can do this things. It will just be the DH and me, so it will be a very relaxing trip.
__________________
~ Sue

..
Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #2700
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You may as well add us to the Lodger's Log for Dec 3 - 8, 2013. We really didn't get much of a chance to truly appreciate the lodge last time. In fact, I never went in the gift shop or had a drink at the Territory Lounge! I didn't get to walk down the nature trail or go to the campfire. We didn't even eat dinner at the resort. I need to come back just so I can do this things. It will just be the DH and me, so it will be a very relaxing trip.
YIPPEE!

You've been added with the notation that you didn't get to see it all the last visit!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: