Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #226
flagrandma
Mouseketeer

I just did the online check in for our trip Aug. 19th ~ Aug. 21st at WL. Our first time at WL. Myself, dh, dd and 10 yr old dgd. So excited.

May 2007 - Contemporary
August 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
August 2013 - Royal Pacific Resort (Universal)
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #227
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Smile

Some cell phone photos taken by pas130 of the Honeymoon Suite. She'll send me more from her camera when she gets home next week. Isn't the new décor beautiful?!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #228
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

I love the pics from the Honeymoon Suite!!!!!
Wish apon a star and maybe it will come true!!!!!

Visiting Wilderness Lodge

1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

Old 08-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #229
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Some cell phone photos taken by pas130 of the Honeymoon Suite. She'll send me more from her camera when she gets home next week. Isn't the new décor beautiful?!

I want to stay there! Honeymoon suite for the Grannie trip!?!?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #230
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I'm sorry that you might have to postpone your trip. I'm very pragmatic so you might not like my answer (and neither will Disney), but I think it would be more enjoyable and relaxing if you "re-planned" your trip for a time when you wouldn't be as concerned about funding it. I know that WDW is such a happy place and really can take our minds off reality for a while, but reality will still be there when you get home as well as those bills.

If you can book with a great discount or buy points and pay cash for your trip, I think you'd feel much better and you'd also enjoy the trip more. The cruises generally cost more per day than a trip to WDW, so I think that booking a stay at WL makes more sense.

Keep us posted
You are absolutely right. I cancelled the cruise and immediately felt better. It makes a lot more sense to go when everyone can enjoy it. For the youngest, that will be a few years out. And as much as I think we'd love it, the cost is just too much at this point. It might always be too much, when I consider the per night price. We looked into renting DVC points and I have enough to pay outright for a 1 BR villa at Kidani. It feels weird to be staying that way, although it probably shouldn't.

I guess that makes me a resort changer, doesn't it? Next up will be a stay CL at the WL. I just have to figure out when and whether I can get away with a split stay. My husband will think I'm mad for considering it.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #231
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

Lost you all for a few weeks, but I'm all caught up and subscribed to the new thread! Add us to the Lodger's Log (?), please.... not sure if that's what it was called...
My DH, DS (11) and I will be there November 2-7, staying CL for our third time! Yay!! This will be our 13th trip to WDW...just realized what an unlucky number that is, must book another trip quick!! Love that we are finally going at a time that should be a lighter crowd than what we have been used to lately - Spring Break w/Easter 2011 & 2012, Thanksgiving 2011, 4th of July week 2010, you get the picture!
Can't wait to stay at WL again, it's our favorite resort.
Debbie
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #232
family3indisney
Mouseketeer

Just returned from a stay at the VWL. This was our first stay here and we LOVED it! The parks were crowded and hot, so we spent many afternoons just hanging out at the resort. My son would have been happy if we never left and he could just hang out at the pool the whole trip. I had the best omlet ever at Whispering Canyon. The staff was so helpful. Wonderful experience cant wait to return!!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #233
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Hello All!

Were here! Got a great room and are very happy. The Lodge is beautiful and is very empty. We were talking to a manager last night and it seems as they had to take several floor out of inventory as the construction was making more noise than they thought and bothering some guests. It looks as though much of the Southwing is being worked on. Maybe they will finish ahead of time!
Oh, and I finally finished packing at 1130pm Thursday night, lol. It took me almost 3 hours to unpack . But then were here 9 nights.

J - I just wanted to say THANK YOU !! What a nice surprise.

Off to Sturdy Branches to work off dinner from last night. We went to Artist Point and it was wonderful! Lots of new things on the menu and it seems as they are changing some things come Monday. They are adding venison carpaccio to replace the buffalo carpaccio. We had the buffalo carpaccio last night and it was great! I also had the salmon and hubby had the slow roasted buffalo strip steak.

New dessert on the menu will be a white and dark chocolate mousse which they have been testing. We tried it last night, yummy!!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #234
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Please add me to the Lodger's Log

I'm not sure if you are adding stays in 2013 to your 2012 WL Thread, but if so, can you add me and my dates?

We're staying 2/24/13 to 3/2/13 Club Level for the first time. 2nd time at WL and it already feels like our home.

I love this thread. So much information.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, 1/2012 - First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR,
Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #235
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I want to stay there! Honeymoon suite for the Grannie trip!?!?
Who gets the spa tub?

Hey, can I add that room just for myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
You are absolutely right. I cancelled the cruise and immediately felt better. It makes a lot more sense to go when everyone can enjoy it. For the youngest, that will be a few years out. And as much as I think we'd love it, the cost is just too much at this point. It might always be too much, when I consider the per night price. We looked into renting DVC points and I have enough to pay outright for a 1 BR villa at Kidani. It feels weird to be staying that way, although it probably shouldn't.

I guess that makes me a resort changer, doesn't it? Next up will be a stay CL at the WL. I just have to figure out when and whether I can get away with a split stay. My husband will think I'm mad for considering it.
This all sounds better and now you can officially start your "re-planning". And, Kidani and BLT are the only one bedrooms with two bathrooms. Have fun planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
Lost you all for a few weeks, but I'm all caught up and subscribed to the new thread! Add us to the Lodger's Log (?), please.... not sure if that's what it was called...
My DH, DS (11) and I will be there November 2-7, staying CL for our third time! Yay!! This will be our 13th trip to WDW...just realized what an unlucky number that is, must book another trip quick!! Love that we are finally going at a time that should be a lighter crowd than what we have been used to lately - Spring Break w/Easter 2011 & 2012, Thanksgiving 2011, 4th of July week 2010, you get the picture!
Can't wait to stay at WL again, it's our favorite resort.
Debbie
Glad you found us, Debbie. There should definitely be lower crowds. Is DS out longer in MD? In NoVA, we have just 11/5-6 off that week for "teacher work days" at the end of each quarter. DD13 is starting high school so I've heard that once they're in high school it's difficult to pull them out at all. Let us know how the crowds are when you're there.

Don't forget to book that 14th trip soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by family3indisney View Post
Just returned from a stay at the VWL. This was our first stay here and we LOVED it! The parks were crowded and hot, so we spent many afternoons just hanging out at the resort. My son would have been happy if we never left and he could just hang out at the pool the whole trip. I had the best omlet ever at Whispering Canyon. The staff was so helpful. Wonderful experience cant wait to return!!
Thank you for letting us know how your trip went. I've been hearing that the parks have been very crowded lately which has me worried. We usually find August to have lower crowds since the schools in the south are back in session. Was everything crowded, even transportation and dining?

The big question is: When are you going back?!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-11-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #236
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Hello All!

Were here! Got a great room and are very happy. The Lodge is beautiful and is very empty. We were talking to a manager last night and it seems as they had to take several floor out of inventory as the construction was making more noise than they thought and bothering some guests. It looks as though much of the Southwing is being worked on. Maybe they will finish ahead of time!
Oh, and I finally finished packing at 1130pm Thursday night, lol. It took me almost 3 hours to unpack . But then were here 9 nights.

J - I just wanted to say THANK YOU !! What a nice surprise.

Off to Sturdy Branches to work off dinner from last night. We went to Artist Point and it was wonderful! Lots of new things on the menu and it seems as they are changing some things come Monday. They are adding venison carpaccio to replace the buffalo carpaccio. We had the buffalo carpaccio last night and it was great! I also had the salmon and hubby had the slow roasted buffalo strip steak.

New dessert on the menu will be a white and dark chocolate mousse which they have been testing. We tried it last night, yummy!!
Thank you so much for checking in with us - I was getting worried about you!

We have Artist Point booked our first night, too. I love venison, so I wonder if it will be on the menu by the 21st?

With so much of the South Wing closed, it must seem rather empty. Are you hearing much noise while in the lounge?

You've gotten me even more excited about our upcoming stay! Hope to see you a week from today (and, you're welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
I'm not sure if you are adding stays in 2013 to your 2012 WL Thread, but if so, can you add me and my dates?

We're staying 2/24/13 to 3/2/13 Club Level for the first time. 2nd time at WL and it already feels like our home.

I love this thread. So much information.
I'd be happy to add your dates. You're going to love WL even more - CL is fantastic! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-11-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #237
cwt580
DIS Veteran

May 4-11th... full pkg w. dxddp..(hoping for our request of "bearface room"...per Disney "inner courtyard off lobby" as CM said to me)

Anything that normally happens around first full week of May??? crowd levels?

Whats the normal temps around that time?

always hear about summer,fd, and xmas stays. never hear alot of late springtime stays .

Last edited by cwt580; 08-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #238
hbr03
Earning My Ears

56 days!!! Whew! Silly 'ol job.... finally caught up on the new thread. So excited I'm waking in the middle of the night thinking of more to research! We surprised our DDs the first time we went and this time around is so much more fun planning and dreaming together. DD12 is a huge planner like me and DD8 has been watching all our Disney movies again. Another huge THANKS to Kook and everyone who make this the best thread!

Quick question... DH will have just returned from a fly fishing trip to Yellowstone when we leave for WL. I've seen the fishing excursions, but does anyone know if it's allowed to fish on your own? TIA! Heather

Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #239
family3indisney
Mouseketeer

Thank you for letting us know how your trip went. I've been hearing that the parks have been very crowded lately which has me worried. We usually find August to have lower crowds since the schools in the south are back in session. Was everything crowded, even transportation and dining?

The big question is: When are you going back?!

Transportation to WL was never crowded, we often were the only ones at the bus stop, felt bad for folks staying at the Saratoga Springs, Art of Animation and all the value resorts, those bus stops were always packed with people. We had many reservations and found that stopping for meals was a good way to escape crowds and the heat we never felt like the sit down meals were ever crowded, however the quick service meal sites were insane. I heard many people mention that school starts this week for schools in the south so maybe the crowds will improve. We hope to go back in June of next year with in laws. So the new count down begins!

Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #240
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Which would you guys do...Trails End dinner or Whispering Canyon dinner? We have never been to TE or even over to FW unless it was to dropoff/pickup w/bus or boat. DH & I have done WCseveral times but DD fell asleep at a late adr on an arrival day-they put about 4 chairs together to make her a bed-so she never got to try. DD wants to try it but I thought TE would be good. Any one else? thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: