Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #2311
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
I suspect this info is on this thread somewhere but I'm not very good at searching (or at least have bad luck with it) so pardon me for asking again....

Can you use the boat to MK and still make it before rope drop?
You can also take the boat to the CR and walk 5 minutes from there. We took that boat when we had a 8.05 reservation at Chrystal Palace. Made it easily.
Nice slow start of the day.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #2312
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Any news on the Villa rehabs, photos, updates?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #2313
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
You can also take the boat to the CR and walk 5 minutes from there. We took that boat when we had a 8.05 reservation at Chrystal Palace. Made it easily.
Thanks. Maybe we'll try each way. I do want to try and catch the opening show one morning. Of course that is assuming I can get the family up and out in time. DH thinks he is allergic to mornings.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #2314
browerjs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks. Maybe we'll try each way. I do want to try and catch the opening show one morning. Of course that is assuming I can get the family up and out in time. DH thinks he is allergic to mornings.
What is the "opening show", this is the first I've heard of this
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #2315
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome, LumosQ102! I am very impressed with your thread dedication. Two weeks in February sounds fantastic! I hope you'll post a TR for us.
Most definately - just 32 days now. All the planning has been done, spreadsheets created and turned into PDF's for ease of access on the iPhone, room preference entered with the UK Disney office (4th or 5th floor inner courtyard with a view of the lake / geyser) and now we wait. Its at this stage that I start getting twitchy and start looking at the dining reservations again

The perils of being an over planner - what to do when you've nothing left to do, and can't sensibly start the packing for another 3 weeks...

Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #2316
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by browerjs

What is the "opening show", this is the first I've heard of this
Before MK opens, the train arrives with the mayor, singers and characters- the family of the day opens the park . It is very cute.

Now, that I think about it... We did see the show once on the nov trip and we only took the boat to MK...so we must have made it before rope drop
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #2317
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumosQ102 View Post
Most definately - just 32 days now. All the planning has been done, spreadsheets created and turned into PDF's for ease of access on the iPhone, room preference entered with the UK Disney office (4th or 5th floor inner courtyard with a view of the lake / geyser) and now we wait. Its at this stage that I start getting twitchy and start looking at the dining reservations again

The perils of being an over planner - what to do when you've nothing left to do, and can't sensibly start the packing for another 3 weeks...
Have you made your packing checklist? You can spend a lot of time adding and subtracting items from the list, and when you have everything checked off after you pack, you don't have to wonder if you forgot something!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #2318
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Have you made your packing checklist? You can spend a lot of time adding and subtracting items from the list, and when you have everything checked off after you pack, you don't have to wonder if you forgot something!
Ha! Yes I'm such a control freak (or organiser - I plan for a living, so thats my excuse) that I have it in excel so I can tick off and arrange by theme - clothes, toiletries, electronics, tickets... but yes, it will be moved, ammended and generally tinkered with until I can finally pack.

I'm trying to sitract myself with the live form Disney Thread (we're having a snow day over in London today) but am just succeeding in making myself hungry.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #2319
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
If I can find a site to upload my photos to, I'll post what I have.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #2320
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
The CM said that it's usually included in the discounts but at a lower rate, the kicker I guess is you have to call..it doesn't come up online. She called it the Junior Suite (that's the older name for it I thought) I'm excited 6 nights at WL!!!! I may change if BLT comes up with an available discount
Just so others know, the Deluxe room (or suites) haven't been available with the Military or AP rate at WL, at least for the past several years. It has, however, been available at both BWI and BC. (I've booked them there, but, ummm, changed.) Hopefully, a bigger discount will come out for you.

BLT is a tough one to get since some rooms are DVC apportioned, some are rack rate apportioned and the rest fall under a discounted allotment. I would think the two bedroom might be even harder to get. Hopefully, someone will cancel and your timing will be just right.

Quote:
I suspect this info is on this thread somewhere but I'm not very good at searching (or at least have bad luck with it) so pardon me for asking again....

Can you use the boat to MK and still make it before rope drop?

The boat information is on the first page HERE, but it's never a problem asking questions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
When we were there at T'giving...MK would open at 9 and the first boat left at 8:30.., got there just a little after rope drop.
Thank you. The Red Flag boat operates a half hour before MK opens and about a half hour after it closes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Yes, the Blue Flag boat starts operating at about 0655 and the walk to the MK from the boat dock at the CR is a little over 10 minutes. Here is a video I posted on the new CR thread of the actual walk from the lobby of the CR to the MK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOOmTbqzy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Welcome, Sammie!
The villas aren't scheduled for a rehab that I know of. All WL rooms were rehabbed and completed in September. Photos and links are posted on the first page.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #2321
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If I can find a site to upload my photos to, I'll post what I have.
There was a VWL rehab recently?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #2322
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
There was a VWL rehab recently?
It looked like they were just doing a two bedroom lockoff on the fourth floor. Carpet outside the villas in that section was replaced, wallpaper in the corridor was replaced, corridor in the area was repainted (but paint was about the same). The two villas were pretty much gutted with laminate flooring put down to replace carpet in the villas.

Not sure if it was just a trial to show someone what it would look like or what.

The current carpet in the corridor.

The new carpet in the corridor.

The area right outside the renovated villas.

Inside the one bedroom villa under renovation.

Current wallpaper in the corridor.

New wallpaper in the corridor outside the two renovated villas. It looks like a feather pattern.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 01-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #2323
awatt
My pontoon boat is like a floating patio!

North Lobby Woods View Rooms?

Are the noisy because of Whispering Canyon? I think I would like this location opening up onto the lobby but want to be able to sleep, relax etx.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #2324
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
I'm trying to sitract myself with the live form Disney Thread (we're having a snow day over in London today) but am just succeeding in making myself hungry.
I laughed out loud at this. I spend so much time on the boards looking at food pictures and reviews that my own refrigerator is a poor comparison when I am done.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, 1/2012 - First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR,
Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #2325
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:

One of the nice things about going in the winter and needing more summer like clothes at Disney is you can get to packing early. I won't have a need for any shorts or capri's now. And of course DGD wears only custom Disney themed clothes while there so none of her stuff is being worn. I've got it all organized and hanging on a rack in the spare room. Just waiting on a few more pieces to arrive and then I can start to pack her stuff.

Quote:

The boat information is on the first page HERE, but it's never a problem asking questions here

Thank you. The Red Flag boat operates a half hour before MK opens and about a half hour after it closes.

Yes, the Blue Flag boat starts operating at about 0655 and the walk to the MK from the boat dock at the CR is a little over 10 minutes. Here is a video I posted on the new CR thread of the actual walk from the lobby of the CR to the MK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOOmTbqzy8
Thank you. I will look that over closer. I was contemplating using the boat to CR and then the monorail to Epcot to cut out driving there. May take a bit too long though. We'll have a car and can drive no problems. Simply hoping to avoid ever parking and having to take a tram. Hate dragging the stroller on that sucker.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: