Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #2296
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
KOOK, could you delay our arrival on the Lodgers log with a few days? We'll be arriving may the 6th.

DH really wants to stay in St Augustine for a bit. So we will

I only need to decide on accomodation there and rent a car, everything else is BOOKED!

It will be a great trip:
first fly from Rotterdam to London Heatrow, stay there 1 night, go to a play in Shakespeare's globe.
Then we will be picked up by a car to take us to Southampton (which is actually cheaper than 2 single 2nd class traintickets...)
Get on the Queen Mary II which will take us to New York in a week.
From New York we take the train down to Jacksonville. Get a car there and drive to St Augustine.
Stay there for the weekend and then calmly drive to Orlando.
And then we have almost two weeks at WDW!

I'm not excited or anything...
What a trip! A few words about St. Augustine. We went there back in 1997 and were most excited about seeing anything that was really old and historic. We saw America's oldest schoolhouse, which was interesting, but it had an audioanimatronic- type show that was kind of laughable. The old buildings were surrounded by tacky tourist shops. There was a nice church. I think we went to a place called Alligator Land? We also went to the Ripley's Believe it Or Not Museum. (more for my DH than myself) Our overall impression was that maybe it had once been a nice destination, but the tackiness and tourist-trap aspects took away from all that. I am not saying not to go, but to plan what you want to do carefully and research it online so you can focus on what is important for you to experience. Happy Planning!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #2297
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Hi All! We are fortunate enough to be staying in 2 studios in June and I have a question for anyone in the know. Has anyone here been able to check in early when staying DVC? We will be arriving around 8:30 and didn't know. We checked in at POR @ 9 am Thanksgivng week 2011 and I didn't know if same protocol could happen with DVC also. Thanks for anyone that knows or has experience with this .

We are planning on MK that day so no big deal if we can't, it would just have been nice .
You can check-in as early as 0600 to all WDW Resorts (I believe that's still the time that the reservation system changes over for the day). You can get your KTTW with charging, tickets and DDP (if applicable). However, obviously your room might not be ready. If it isn't, they will text or call you when it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Thanks! That's great! We are travelling with my in-laws and they may not want to hit the parks like we immediately will. I didn't make any room requests aat all, so I will be hoping....even if only one of the studios is ready early .
Like Deb & Bill said, the VWL lobby is a great place to hang-out. And, of course they can hang-out at WL. Maybe they could even take the free Lodge tour while they wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

OK, get out your RC Lodgers Log pencil.....the Pas family is coming on down!

August 4-10th Club level!

Hoping for a great AP rate! For now Deluxe Room with 5% off and CY room (hopefully connecting...if not OK we'll be fine) with a 20% discount~I think. Apparently I had a PIN It was cheaper than 2 rack rate CL rooms. There weren't any CL available with the discount...so the room configuration may change. And IPO said no problem having all of us in the Lounge...poor DH is the only one NOT technically in the Deluxe room....I wonder if he will want his own room

And I checked BLT...only studios and 1 BR available with the PIN...no 2BR
So you really got 5% off a Deluxe room? Well, it's something!

Now, the last time I added/removed/added/removed you from the Log, the trip didn't take. If I add you again, will it take? BTW: I added you anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Our trips overlap!

Please excuse the question but I am 2 weeks away from my ADR date and haven't done any real planning! I figured I would just use the ones from our postponed trip as a guide, but Be Our Guest was not open then, and now I have to be more aware of getting my request in as soon as I am eligible. My question is this: if I do it online, what is the earliest I can get into the system? My ADR date is Feb. 3rd. Is it 6 am or 12:01 am?
I also think I forgot to mention my requests for top floor, facing lake, when I modified back to a 2BR villa. Does it really matter if I do that soon, or is OK to wait until the trip is closer?
Happy 3 day weekend! More time for WDW planning!!
I think the ADRs switch over around 0600 and not after midnight. You can wait on the room location request. As long as it's in your reservation at least 5 days prior, the room assignor will see it.

BTW, BOG has limited dinner hours so I couldn't even get it for March. But, at lunch, you don't need an ADR so I hope lunch will be a great way to try the restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinbride View Post
Checking in the 28th. Is it too late to add room request? Also, can I fax them a request straight to WL?
WDW Resorts no longer accept faxed requests (for several years now). Just call the WDTC (or your TA) and have them add your request - there's plenty of time. As long as you do it at least 5 days prior to arrival, the room assignor will see it. Have a great trip!

Quote:
What a trip! A few words about St. Augustine. We went there back in 1997 and were most excited about seeing anything that was really old and historic. We saw America's oldest schoolhouse, which was interesting, but it had an audioanimatronic- type show that was kind of laughable. The old buildings were surrounded by tacky tourist shops. There was a nice church. I think we went to a place called Alligator Land? We also went to the Ripley's Believe it Or Not Museum. (more for my DH than myself) Our overall impression was that maybe it had once been a nice destination, but the tackiness and tourist-trap aspects took away from all that. I am not saying not to go, but to plan what you want to do carefully and research it online so you can focus on what is important for you to experience. Happy Planning!
I posted my comments, too about our stop in St. Augustine in 2010 and I pretty much felt the same way as you, (though you did more than we did). I wouldn't spend more than half a day there, especially if I were heading down to WDW next!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #2298
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Note on Be Our Guest...we went for lunch both at Thanksgiving and on Dec 30...we really liked it. You get the atmosphere and the desserts are the same as dinner. You do have to pay attention though as the line can get long. We were there on the Saturday after T'giving, got there at. 10:30 and made it to our table a little after 11. On Dec 30, we got in line at 11:15, was told it was about a 45 minute wait and it was. Will be back in June!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #2299
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Note on Be Our Guest...we went for lunch both at Thanksgiving and on Dec 30...we really liked it. You get the atmosphere and the desserts are the same as dinner. You do have to pay attention though as the line can get long. We were there on the Saturday after T'giving, got there at. 10:30 and made it to our table a little after 11. On Dec 30, we got in line at 11:15, was told it was about a 45 minute wait and it was. Will be back in June!
That's great to know. We're rather impatient, so waiting that long for a QS wouldn't be ideal, but I completely understand you wanting to try a newly opened MK restaurant. Your wait comments have made me think that I'm going to hold out for the dinner ADR instead, especially during spring break. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2300
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

You know, the line pretty much kept moving. Both times, the end of the line was a little bit down from where the menu is. When you get to the entrance, they split you into two lines and let so many in, then once you are in the castle there are menu boards as you walk. When you get to the register they ask how you are paying and that determines which kiosk you go to. After you order, you go pick a seat...the place is huge and this was not a problem. On Dec 30, we were a group of 5- one being our young, impatient band director. When he heard the wait was about 45 minutes, he wanted to go to Pinnochios- I said I was not standing in line for that and reminded him he really wanted to go to bog...needless to say, he was very happy he waited. I, personally, will only go at lunch...the dinner menu didn't really interest me.

Hope that helps a little more . I don't want to scare you away from lunch
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #2301
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So you really got 5% off a Deluxe room? Well, it's something!

Now, the last time I added/removed/added/removed you from the Log, the trip didn't take. If I add you again, will it take? BTW: I added you anyway
The CM said that it's usually included in the discounts but at a lower rate, the kicker I guess is you have to call..it doesn't come up online. She called it the Junior Suite (that's the older name for it I thought) I'm excited 6 nights at WL!!!! I may change if BLT comes up with an available discount

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #2302
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you Always good to hear what others think. (thats why I come here after all) It's just that hubby really wants to go here and I really like to keep hubby happy.

We'll see, if it is as you and KOOK say then we'll happily wander around for a bit and move on. I've seen quite a few nice alternatives in the area.
As for the shops, it's really no different here, every museum/castle/old house has at least one giftshop. I've been to Amsterdam for the sales after christmas, you can't move for the tacky souvenirshops (and tourists buying the stuff).

I do love planning so yes, I have a few back-up plans ready

I'm even starting my own website so I can help others plan their holidays (in Dutch only sorry) I just like planning holidays. It's almost as much fun as actually going!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #2303
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal
You know, the line pretty much kept moving. Both times, the end of the line was a little bit down from where the menu is. When you get to the entrance, they split you into two lines and let so many in, then once you are in the castle there are menu boards as you walk. When you get to the register they ask how you are paying and that determines which kiosk you go to. After you order, you go pick a seat...the place is huge and this was not a problem. On Dec 30, we were a group of 5- one being our young, impatient band director. When he heard the wait was about 45 minutes, he wanted to go to Pinnochios- I said I was not standing in line for that and reminded him he really wanted to go to bog...needless to say, he was very happy he waited. I, personally, will only go at lunch...the dinner menu didn't really interest me.

Thanks for the info! We don't usually do lunch anywhere. Our routine is quick breakfast, tour, big late breakfast, relax at hotel, snack, then dinner and tour later. I gave my family the lunch option at BOG and they said no. So I will be trying at 6 am for a dinner ADR ( even though I liked some of the lunch items better). We shall see!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #2304
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal

I think I just sent you an email by mistake. sorry!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #2305
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

How do I delete a post? Obviously, that wasn't an email. It just took awhile to appear on my iPad.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #2306
Spookypaws
Earning My Ears

Are deluxe rooms all club level rooms?

Just curious, I like the layout for the deluxe room, but I can't seem to get one through the Disney site, only standard room, unless I get a club level room?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #2307
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypaws View Post
Just curious, I like the layout for the deluxe room, but I can't seem to get one through the Disney site, only standard room, unless I get a club level room?
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread, spookypaws!

The only Deluxe rooms (sometimes called Jr. Suites) are Club Level rooms and they appear at the end of the booking page. There are 24 of them located on floors 1-6. None are located on the 7th (CL) floor. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #2308
WDWKOOK

Quote:
How do I delete a post? Obviously, that wasn't an email. It just took awhile to appear on my iPad.
Only Moderators can delete posts, but you can go back and EDIT it.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #2309
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

I suspect this info is on this thread somewhere but I'm not very good at searching (or at least have bad luck with it) so pardon me for asking again....

Can you use the boat to MK and still make it before rope drop?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #2310
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

When we were there at T'giving...MK would open at 9 and the first boat left at 8:30.., got there just a little after rope drop.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: