Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #2281
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Question

We will be staying in a deluxe room. I know that ALL of them have connecting doors. But do they normally put another guest in that connecting room? That is going to make my husband crazy!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #2282
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsumommaof4 View Post
We will be staying in a deluxe room. I know that ALL of them have connecting doors. But do they normally put another guest in that connecting room? That is going to make my husband crazy!
I don't know the answer to your question (other than that we've had connecting door rooms at other resorts & villas & yes the room next door was occupied)...but you lucky duck! I'd love to stay in Deluxe Room but since they're never discounted, I can't justify the cost!

Also I did email IPO again regarding the bunk bed CL request & Denise replied this morning that it was taken care of. I must have confused the IPO in my previous request, maybe I didn't specify that I was staying at WL, and since Poly IPO handles WL CL, I had them all mixed up with the bunk bed request!

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #2283
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I don't know the answer to your question (other than that we've had connecting door rooms at other resorts & villas & yes the room next door was occupied)...but you lucky duck! I'd love to stay in Deluxe Room but since they're never discounted, I can't justify the cost!

Also I did email IPO again regarding the bunk bed CL request & Denise replied this morning that it was taken care of. I must have confused the IPO in my previous request, maybe I didn't specify that I was staying at WL, and since Poly IPO handles WL CL, I had them all mixed up with the bunk bed request!

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies!
We have 5 kids (the youngest is an infant) so we have no choice. I am jealous of the families who can stay in "normal" hotel rooms!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #2284
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We're currently booked CL at the GF (Sugarloaf) next month but are concerned about noise, etc. from all the construction going on there.

So..... we're considering switching to CL at WL. My DW is thinking it may be loud on the 7th floor because it is open to the lobby below. We've stayed at the WL before, but not CL.

Anyone care to comment on the noise? Can you hear any noise while in your room?

Thanks.

ETA - do any of the CL rooms overlook the loading dock/dumpster area? I don't think so, just want to make sure.
Welcome! I believe the only two that would be above the service area would be the two Honeymoon rooms on the North Side, but they would also have a Wishes view

I'm really noise sensitive and have never been bothered by any noise while staying CL or in the lounge. The only noise I was aware of was from the afternoon pool party and with the sliding glass door closed, it's not too bad. If you don't have an inner courtyard view, you won't hear it.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50 View Post
I am trying to try all my avenues - I really need a bunk bed room but I, personally, want CL. CL doesn't guarantee bunk bed rooms, can I book a bunk bed room and then when I check in pay the difference to receive the CL privileges?
Paying the difference would mean not applying discounts (paying rack rate) and you would then have to be re-booked into a CL room. You can't book a non-CL room and add CL. However, if you really need bunks beds and you book CL, request the bunk beds in your reservation and if you don't get one, you could then ask a CL concierge or the CL manager if you can be in a non-CL room with bunk beds and CL access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTER View Post
If you want a room overlooking the lobby, what category is that?
Welcome to the thread, WINTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Actually it can be any of the three categories, Standard, Woods, or Courtyard. You can add it as a request with something like "overlooking lobby".

Looking at the room location map here the far left of the map are the lobby rooms, and the lower floors of both wings are standard view and the higher floors are woods view. Then arguably some of the nicest rooms on property are the ones to the East of the lobby which are courtyard view as well, and there are referred to as "Bear Face" rooms.

We stayed in a sixth floor room above the registration desk overlooking the lobby and loved it. We got that room after booking standard view, but it is considered woods view. We were surprised at how much we liked having the open hallways and view of the beautiful lobby.
Thanks for the thorough response

Quote:
I really don't think anyone could answer that, not even the room assignor. But, I can appreciate your concern. Having a room without a connecting door is always a room request of mine no matter where I stay, with the exception of BLT and a FW cabin!

When you check-in, you can ask if there is anyone currently in the connecting room and if there is, you could ask if there is a possibility you could be put in a Deluxe room without a guest currently next door.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #2285
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
We have 5 kids (the youngest is an infant) so we have no choice. I am jealous of the families who can stay in "normal" hotel rooms!
So you didn't want a new screen name?. I guess you'll have to think about a villa soon?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #2286
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
So you didn't want a new screen name?. I guess you'll have to think about a villa soon?
I am waiting on Disney to consider her a "child" before she is added!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #2287
brerdawg
Disney Commando

Is there a headless horseman ride at the W'Lodge?

Tree House Villas 1997
Pop Century 2005
Coronado Springs 2008, 2012
Beach Club 2010

Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #2288
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Hi All! We are fortunate enough to be staying in 2 studios in June and I have a question for anyone in the know. Has anyone here been able to check in early when staying DVC? We will be arriving around 8:30 and didn't know. We checked in at POR @ 9 am Thanksgivng week 2011 and I didn't know if same protocol could happen with DVC also. Thanks for anyone that knows or has experience with this .

We are planning on MK that day so no big deal if we can't, it would just have been nice .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #2289
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Hi All! We are fortunate enough to be staying in 2 studios in June and I have a question for anyone in the know. Has anyone here been able to check in early when staying DVC? We will be arriving around 8:30 and didn't know. We checked in at POR @ 9 am Thanksgivng week 2011 and I didn't know if same protocol could happen with DVC also. Thanks for anyone that knows or has experience with this .

We are planning on MK that day so no big deal if we can't, it would just have been nice .
I've had my room ready early several times staying on DVC points.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #2290
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I've had my room ready early several times staying on DVC points.
Thanks! That's great! We are travelling with my in-laws and they may not want to hit the parks like we immediately will. I didn't make any room requests aat all, so I will be hoping....even if only one of the studios is ready early .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #2291
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by brerdawg View Post
Is there a headless horseman ride at the W'Lodge?
Nope, no rides a the Wilderness Lodge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post

If you can't check in early, you can always have a seat in the Carolwood Railroad room in the VWL lobby area. Or hit the pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #2292
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Being a family of seven is fun, crazy...but expensive at Disney...enjoy being an "official" family of 6!!! My youngest is now 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Perhaps on Bay Lake.....

OK, get out your RC Lodgers Log pencil.....the Pas family is coming on down!

August 4-10th Club level!

Hoping for a great AP rate! For now Deluxe Room with 5% off and CY room (hopefully connecting...if not OK we'll be fine) with a 20% discount~I think. Apparently I had a PIN It was cheaper than 2 rack rate CL rooms. There weren't any CL available with the discount...so the room configuration may change. And IPO said no problem having all of us in the Lounge...poor DH is the only one NOT technically in the Deluxe room....I wonder if he will want his own room

And I checked BLT...only studios and 1 BR available with the PIN...no 2BR
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #2293
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Being a family of seven is fun, crazy...but expensive at Disney...enjoy being an "official" family of 6!!! My youngest is now 4

Perhaps on Bay Lake.....

Hoping for a great AP rate! For now Deluxe Room with 5% off and CY room (hopefully connecting...if not OK we'll be fine) with a 20% discount~I think. Apparently I had a PIN It was cheaper than 2 rack rate CL rooms. There weren't any CL available with the discount...so the room configuration may change. And IPO said no problem having all of us in the Lounge...poor DH is the only one NOT technically in the Deluxe room....I wonder if he will want his own room

I didn't know pins counted for deluxe rooms... exciting! (now my fingers are crossed for a July pin)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #2294
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Our trips overlap!

Please excuse the question but I am 2 weeks away from my ADR date and haven't done any real planning! I figured I would just use the ones from our postponed trip as a guide, but Be Our Guest was not open then, and now I have to be more aware of getting my request in as soon as I am eligible. My question is this: if I do it online, what is the earliest I can get into the system? My ADR date is Feb. 3rd. Is it 6 am or 12:01 am?
I also think I forgot to mention my requests for top floor, facing lake, when I modified back to a 2BR villa. Does it really matter if I do that soon, or is OK to wait until the trip is closer?
Happy 3 day weekend! More time for WDW planning!!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2295
Cinbride
Mouseketeer

Checking in the 28th. Is it too late to add room request? Also, can I fax them a request straight to WL?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: