Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #2251
pas130
DIS Veteran

BTW nice to see ya Brian

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #2252
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00
Subscribing.We just switched our resort to WL from POFQ, will be my husband, 2 girls, and myself. We'll be meeting up with my SIL, her husband, their daughter, and her MIL. My girls do not know yet, we'll wait to tell them around April. I'm excited, but honestly WL wasn't on my radar; we're staying because this is where SIL will be, and figure it'll be easier if the girls are closer together.

So since WL lodge wasn't on my radar I am playing catch up trying to learn about it, so far it seems like a nice resort. We'll likely request bunk beds since the girls would get a huge kick out of them if we got them.

We stayed at CSR this past September and my biggest complaint was the large layout, so going to a deluxe will hopefully stop this problem. I am also excited about the boat launch to MK and CR, we have a lot of reservations at CR, Poly, and MK so the launch and monorail access should be convenient. I'm a little guarded though, the theming of the resort is not what I normally go for. I know Disney resorts are all beautiful in their own way, so hopefully the rustic thing will grow on me.

Looking forward to learning all about the resort!
You have chosen a good resort! WL is nice for the smaller feel. Some of the Deluxe resorts are huge and you would have a similar experience as at CSR.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #2253
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Yup, good pick.... Know the feeling about CSR, sane for POR... After walking miles in a park. Sure don't want to duplicate that at my resort..

You'll love WL, so compact you're never far from anything....and you can't beat the boat to the MK early in the morning with the most and fog coming off the lake ...

Make sure to visit FW, by boat again...Trails End serves up some decent buffet for breakfast and dinner... ( lunch not so much) and Crocketts Tavern has decent pizza, not NY or Chicago but decent with a few pitchers of beer...

Settlement Trading Post is there also with a decent supply of groceries and beverages, they cater to the campers there.... Plus the area is nicely dim lighted and at Pioneer Hall, residence of the Hoop Dee Do.... Best dinner show on property .....

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #2254
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I think I've mentioned this, but we loved taking the boats ANYWHERE, but especially to MK. It is such a relaxing way to travel to me. Truly enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo. Would definintely do that again. Can't wait to stay here again next Dec!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #2255
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

My resort calendar source finally updated the calendar from November to January. The link is on the first page/first post HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post
Subscribing.We just switched our resort to WL from POFQ, will be my husband, 2 girls, and myself. We'll be meeting up with my SIL, her husband, their daughter, and her MIL. My girls do not know yet, we'll wait to tell them around April. I'm excited, but honestly WL wasn't on my radar; we're staying because this is where SIL will be, and figure it'll be easier if the girls are closer together.

So since WL lodge wasn't on my radar I am playing catch up trying to learn about it, so far it seems like a nice resort. We'll likely request bunk beds since the girls would get a huge kick out of them if we got them.

We stayed at CSR this past September and my biggest complaint was the large layout, so going to a deluxe will hopefully stop this problem. I am also excited about the boat launch to MK and CR, we have a lot of reservations at CR, Poly, and MK so the launch and monorail access should be convenient. I'm a little guarded though, the theming of the resort is not what I normally go for. I know Disney resorts are all beautiful in their own way, so hopefully the rustic thing will grow on me.

Looking forward to learning all about the resort!

Bunks beds are only a request if in a CL room or STD room, otherwise, it's a bookable category.

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with WL, even though you're not sure about the theming - it grows on you! You really have to experience it in person to get the full effect of its grandeur.

The Blue Flag is what you'll take for your MK resort ADRs, however, you can also take the direct MK bus and then monorail to those resorts or walk to the CR from the MK - just some other fun options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I have already frustrated the poor girl with all my questions...now she said she wants to be somewhere quiet so she doesn't get a headache WL is pretty quiet...IMHO
I don't have to tell you that FW Cabins are probably the quietest choice: No one connected to you or above you in the cabin, no noise from any restaurants (like CM and WCC), you're not too close to boat horns, fireworks, afternoon pool parties and train whistles... If you want a peaceful and super quiet setting, I'd be remiss in not reminding you of those cute little cabins
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #2256
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Transfer from the Poly

Hey all, I'm just joining this thread for the first time. The WL is a favorite of mine, so I'm happy to be returning for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend. Any other WL running princesses in this thread?

I was actually booked at the Poly to make access to TTC easier, but found the Volcano pool will be closed So, here I am over here and happy to be back with my favorite running trails and theming!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #2257
nathanyell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
BTW nice to see ya Brian
Thanks Pas!!! I don't hang here too much because my next trip is for work and they won't let me change to a deluxe. I'll miss WL.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #2258
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Hey all, I'm just joining this thread for the first time. The WL is a favorite of mine, so I'm happy to be returning for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend. Any other WL running princesses in this thread?

I was actually booked at the Poly to make access to TTC easier, but found the Volcano pool will be closed So, here I am over here and happy to be back with my favorite running trails and theming!
and aloha!

You're going to love running "around" WL and FW - it's my favorite route, but I do love Sturdy Branches, too. There is a concrete sidewalk from VWL that starts near the bus stop and goes all the way to FW. You then have to cross a couple of roads, run on some wood chips past the horses (my favorite) and then you can get back on the FW sidewalk and run all around FW and back to the concrete path to WL. There are also a couple of trails in the woods behind the marina and next to Bay Lake, but those are very buggy. The concrete trails are sprayed and never a problem.

There is a jogging map and photos of some of the trails on the first page HERE and HERE.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #2259
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
and aloha!

You're going to love running "around" WL and FW - it's my favorite route, but I do love Sturdy Branches, too. There is a concrete sidewalk from VWL that starts near the bus stop and goes all the way to FW. You then have to cross a couple of roads, run on some wood chips past the horses (my favorite) and then you can get back on the FW sidewalk and run all around FW and back to the concrete path to WL. There are also a couple of trails in the woods behind the marina and next to Bay Lake, but those are very buggy. The concrete trails are sprayed and never a problem.

There is a jogging map and photos of some of the trails on the first page HERE and HERE.

Good luck!
Thank you!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #2260
outahere

We're currently booked CL at the GF (Sugarloaf) next month but are concerned about noise, etc. from all the construction going on there.

So..... we're considering switching to CL at WL. My DW is thinking it may be loud on the 7th floor because it is open to the lobby below. We've stayed at the WL before, but not CL.

Anyone care to comment on the noise? Can you hear any noise while in your room?

Thanks.

ETA - do any of the CL rooms overlook the loading dock/dumpster area? I don't think so, just want to make sure.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007

Last edited by outahere; 01-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #2261
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

I am trying to try all my avenues - I really need a bunk bed room but I, personally, want CL. CL doesn't guarantee bunk bed rooms, can I book a bunk bed room and then when I check in pay the difference to receive the CL privileges?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #2262
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanyell View Post
Thanks Pas!!! I don't hang here too much because my next trip is for work and they won't let me change to a deluxe. I'll miss WL.
You do have business class at CSR at least Very hardto hang here and NOT go crazy waitng to stay here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I don't have to tell you that FW Cabins are probably the quietest choice: No one connected to you or above you in the cabin, no noise from any restaurants (like CM and WCC), you're not too close to boat horns, fireworks, afternoon pool parties and train whistles... If you want a peaceful and super quiet setting, I'd be remiss in not reminding you of those cute little cabins
We really do LOVE those cabins! I jut booked May at BWI...once AP rates come out.....things may ch-ch-change of course

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #2263
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Hey WDWKook & gang! Have a room request question for you all (spawned from another thread by mmouse50 hiya!)

We have WL CL standard booked for March. I understand you cannot book a certain bedding combination, but can request it. I had emailed IPO a few months ago about it & was told they do not handle room assignments, to call reservations. It seems some others did have room requests added by IPO, can they do this?

So just now I call reservations to add the request for bunk beds to the reservation. The CM tells me that's bookable category so I can't request it. I politely said (knowing full well I was right!) that the CL rooms do not have a bunk bed booking category, only non-CL rooms at WL. She says to hold on, then comes back & says she can put in my request to be near the courtyard. : I said I didn't care where in the resort I was, I just wanted to request a bunk bed room. She says hold on again, then comes back & tells me that request can't be added, they'll ask me at check-in where I want to be & I can tell them then. Huh?????????

Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be requesting bunk bed rooms for a CL ressie or was this woman just pulling things out of her, well, bottom???

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #2264
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We're currently booked CL at the GF (Sugarloaf) next month but are concerned about noise, etc. from all the construction going on there.....
The construction is a long way from Sugarloaf.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #2265
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the confusion is that no, they don't actually assign the rooms but they can take the room request and pass it along.

My email with the IPO went like this

I started the contact and said
Quote:
> Is it possible to put in a request for a room? I realize any request
is not guaranteed.
Their response was
Quote:
We would be happy to take any room request that you have. Please be
advised that requests are not guaranteed.
My response was (based on advice in this thread)
Quote:
I was hoping to put in a request for a room with an inner or courtyard
view that allows us to watch the Electric Boat Parade and has a view of
Bay Lake and the Geyser, if at all possible.
To which they said
Quote:
We noted in your reservation of your room request and will alert our
room assignors. Requests cannot be guaranteed, but we will do all that
we can to accommodate them.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: