Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #211
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia View Post
watching you tube video of the villas the rooms look so dark ? do the rooms get any sun i love bright rooms or is it jut bad you tube video ?
Its definitely a darker decor, but I don't remember the room feeling dark. I hate dark rooms and loved staying in the villas.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #212
MartyM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
This is my nail color
Mine too!

Can't believe that you guys are already at 15 pages! I really miss all the important stuff when I have a stinkin JOB!.

Checking in tomorrow at CSR, hoping for a gnat infestation so I get moved to the wilderness lodge!!

1988-Polynesian
1997-All Star Music (UCA Cheer Championships)
1998-All Star Sports (UCA Cheer Championships)
2011-Polynesian
2012-Wilderness Lodge Girls' Weekend
2012-Coronado Springs Girls' Weekend
2012-Wilderness Lodge CL
2013-WDW Marathon Weekend AS Sports
2013-Boardwalk Cottage & Christmas Lights! (upcoming)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #213
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Our tired pas130 had a storm-related flight delay out of Newark last night and wasn't due into MCO until after 0100, but she should finally be asleep in her Honeymoon Suite! Of course, seeing that she's used to working the ER night shift, she is probably already up and in her fancy schmancy whirlpool tub getting ready for rope drop at the MK

Today, the lovely TheLodgeLady will be heading up to our favorite Lodge and checking-in to our favorite club level. Is the OFC aware that she will be there for 9 nights followed by 9 nights of the The KOOK Family? Shhhh... let's not tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Love that quote, we use it often, too.

Hello, WL lovers! Good to see everyone! Hi back atcha, KOOK!

We LOVE the Garden View Tea, such a relaxing afternoon at the Grand. Beautiful room, quiet and serene, looking out on the gorgeous landscaping of the GF. We love it so much, we often book it twice in a trip.

The cost varies, depending on what you get. You can get things a la carte, or a set tea for a fixed price, whatever you like. Here is the menu from allears to help you with the selections. DD and I usually get the Buckingham Palace and add the Gentlemen's Platter to get a nice array of items. They will let you split a set tea, which is nice.

Enjoy!
I knew you'd come through for our PamelaKay - thank you!

I hope you didn't have any trouble finding the place. We've got the green roof instead of the red, but it suits us fine and blends well with the foliage. We don't have anything fancy like your afternoon tea, but we'd love to have you stop by the next time you're in the area and watch our geyser and have a S'Mores cupcake. We'll save a rocking chair for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
Mine too!

Can't believe that you guys are already at 15 pages! I really miss all the important stuff when I have a stinkin JOB!.

Checking in tomorrow at CSR, hoping for a gnat infestation so I get moved to the wilderness lodge!!
So am I supposed to hope for gnats or a bed bug or two perhaps? How about some really unruly conventioneers at CSR or snakes? (unruly ones.)

Seeing that I've changed resorts about 3 times after checking-in, maybe I can offer a ray of hope to you. Have you thought about checking-in to CSR, returning to the front desk and asking to speak to a manager and nicely asking said manager if they could check on availability at another resort, ummm, say, Wilderness Lodge?! I have also gone directly to the resort I wanted to change to (CR - twice) and spoke to the guest services manager and told them that I wanted to change to their resort and the manager kindly took care of everything for us and was more than happy to help us. In my experience, they have either not charged me any difference to change or they have charged the difference with my discount applied. It might not be much more than a STD WL room - it's worth a try if you really would rather be at WL.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-10-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #214
JCTurner
Photographing the World one vacation at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Shall I add this to the Lodgers' Log on the first page? If you request a high floor in the North Wing, you can see some of Wishes
Yes please !
2011: Disneyland Paris HNY / 2012: Wilderness Lodge / 2015: Yacht Club
For more pictures visit my Flickr Gallery HERE !

Old 08-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #215
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Cure for Disney depression: my rule .... never leave WDW without having another trip planned and booked is even better!
Now that's my way of thinking!!!

Quote:

This I have to see - the Grumpy Grandma (Linda) cupcake meet 'n greet with the Lodge Bunker (TaraPA) and the PrincessAlways in the queen bed - you guys will get along great!
Well I think so.....my name is Linda too!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #216
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

I am so glad they extended the military discount, wish it was for the whole year of 2013, since I'm going in December. It would be nice to go every year and I would if I could, takes a long time to save the money to go besides its our 30th anniversary trip, the whole reason for the Dec 2013 trip. Just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best, done made reservations and would hate to cancel if they do not extend it further. Love to get all the info and ideas on this thread. Yall are great.. It will be another long year just waiting.....

Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #217
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Now that's my way of thinking!!!

Well I think so.....my name is Linda too!!
Hi Princess Always! Always nice to meet another Linda. Really hoping for a quick little meet and greet with you and Tara Oct 21st. kook seems to think that cupcakes will be involved .... which is okay with me!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #218
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Princess Always! Always nice to meet another Linda. Really hoping for a quick little meet and greet with you and Tara Oct 21st. kook seems to think that cupcakes will be involved .... which is okay with me!
Sounds good to me!! We'll work on it!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #219
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Love that quote, we use it often, too.

Hello, WL lovers! Good to see everyone! Hi back atcha, KOOK!

We LOVE the Garden View Tea, such a relaxing afternoon at the Grand. Beautiful room, quiet and serene, looking out on the gorgeous landscaping of the GF. We love it so much, we often book it twice in a trip.

The cost varies, depending on what you get. You can get things a la carte, or a set tea for a fixed price, whatever you like. Here is the menu from allears to help you with the selections. DD and I usually get the Buckingham Palace and add the Gentlemen's Platter to get a nice array of items. They will let you split a set tea, which is nice.

Enjoy!
Thank you so very much! Glad you dropped by for a visit and the information

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #220
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurner View Post
Yes please !
It's official now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post

I am so glad they extended the military discount, wish it was for the whole year of 2013, since I'm going in December. It would be nice to go every year and I would if I could, takes a long time to save the money to go besides its our 30th anniversary trip, the whole reason for the Dec 2013 trip. Just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best, done made reservations and would hate to cancel if they do not extend it further. Love to get all the info and ideas on this thread. Yall are great.. It will be another long year just waiting.....
You know that I'm hoping for the perpetual extension, too so I hope it happens and you can get your 12/13 discount.

I called the WDTC yesterday and both spring break and Christmas priced out at rack rate. I also tried to change to a Deluxe room, but still no military or AP discount - thought I'd give it one last try.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Sounds good to me!! We'll work on it!
There, it's settled, The Linda-Linda-Bunk Queen Great 2012 WL Cupcake Meet 'n Greet is on!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #221
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's official now...

You know that I'm hoping for the perpetual extension, too so I hope it happens and you can get your 12/13 discount.

I called the WDTC yesterday and both spring break and Christmas priced out at rack rate. I also tried to change to a Deluxe room, but still no military or AP discount - thought I'd give it one last try.

There, it's settled, The Linda-Linda-Bunk Queen Great 2012 WL Cupcake Meet 'n Greet is on!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #222
WDWKOOK

Long story - good ending!

I know that our very own (not so) Grumpy Grandma (the 'other' Linda) already knows this, but... I want to share my successful resort changing intervention with all of you:

pas130 (Jeanette, the perpetual resort changer) finally checked in this morning at 0230! They love their Honeymoon Suite, but she didn't tell DH that she had changed their last night to GF RPC. Over breakfast, DH found out and was not happy with the RPC surprise. They went over to the GF and tried to cancel the one night 'surprise' reservation. GF told them they couldn't keep their WL room - sold out. I suggested she go right over to WL and ask the concierge to keep them in their suite or even a standard CL room and cancel RPC. (I did this last year, but with the Poly and Mike had everything straightened out in 5 minutes)

Happy ending: They were able to keep them in the suite the extra night that she had originally booked and changed to RPC. All is well, and they are very happy at WL. Another satisfied WL customer
Old 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #223
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know that our very own (not so) Grumpy Grandma (the 'other' Linda) already knows this, but... I want to share my successful resort changing intervention with all of you:

pas130 (Jeanette, the perpetual resort changer) finally checked in this morning at 0230! They love their Honeymoon Suite, but she didn't tell DH that she had changed their last night to GF RPC. Over breakfast, DH found out and was not happy with the RPC surprise. They went over to the GF and tried to cancel the one night 'surprise' reservation. GF told them they couldn't keep their WL room - sold out. I suggested she go right over to WL and ask the concierge to keep them in their suite or even a standard CL room and cancel RPC. (I did this last year, but with the Poly and Mike had everything straightened out in 5 minutes)

Happy ending: They were able to keep them in the suite the extra night that she had originally booked and changed to RPC. All is well, and they are very happy at WL. Another satisfied WL customer
kook to the rescue!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #224
Viking_53
Mouseketeer

Hey Kook,

Add us in - we'll be there from late afternoon 9/4 - 9/8, when we leave for our cruise on the Disney Fantasy.

Haven't seen too much of an update lately on the refurb status. It looks like it should be nearly complete by our arrival date. We are staying in a standard room (unless, of course, pixie dust comes our way!)
Old 08-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #225
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Wow this thread is wonderful! Thanks for all the great info! We are considering a long stay next fall in a studio 10/29-11/13. Just wondering if any Christmas will be up before we leave and if you all think we will have getting a studio during this time at the 7 month mark (our home is SSR ). We have always wanted to stay at VWL so I know its a ways away but I'm excited already!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: