Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #1996
yolie912
DIS Veteran

By the way how do you post pics??
Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #1997
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
Thank you so much for this info!!! As if I wasn't excited before!! Now I'm bursting!! This is just perfect! We have 2 kids DD(14) DS (9) and these activities look awesome!

I'll make sure to post back here and tell you all about our time at the WL.
You're welcome, Desnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
We just checked in! The resort is beautiful!
We are staying CL. But no welcome chocolate. Did
They take that off too?
It seems you can receive it many different ways. The chocolates have always been on the bed at all the resorts we've stayed CL. Did you ever receive it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
Thanks Kook for posting this video! I've been dying to see the new lobby furniture! It looks brighter than the old furniture, very nice.

I'm still reading trying to get caught up with this thread.
You're welcome, trailgirl r

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
By the way how do you post pics??
You will have to upload your photos to a photo sharing site such as Photobucket. Small accounts are free. Follow the directions there and then copy the IMG code. Paste the IMG code into your post and the photo will appear. If you need more directions feel free to ask.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #1998
Miffy
DIS Veteran

Question

Does anyone know the web address used to send comments to WDW? I filled out an extensive survey after I got home this week and forgot to mention a couple of things. At the end of the survey, they gave a link for further comments, but, of course, I didn't pay any attention to it.

I'm sure this is listed in about a zillion places on the DIS, but I can't find it this morning.

TIA for help.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #1999
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljoo8 View Post
Wow, great thread Wdwkook. We love Wilderness Lodge and this has so much great information. Last year, we decided that we would try the Grand Floridian. It was nice, but rather boring. In fact, we had to stop at the Lodge on our way out of Disney to look around. We will be there Club Level on September 8th and we are all excited.
Here is a picture I took last year on our brief visit.
Your image isn't appearing. Thank you for your kind comment, hljoo8 and welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
Does anyone know the web address used to send comments to WDW? I filled out an extensive survey after I got home this week and forgot to mention a couple of things. At the end of the survey, they gave a link for further comments, but, of course, I didn't pay any attention to it.

I'm sure this is listed in about a zillion places on the DIS, but I can't find it this morning.

TIA for help.
No problem - I actually know where the Guest Services/Communications email address is since it's in my sticky on the Resorts Forum page. Disney is very prompt about responding to guests' comments. I usually get a phone call thanking me for my email and all resort comments are seen by each resort's GM.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Old 12-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #2000
Miffy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No problem - I actually know where the Guest Services/Communications email address is since it's in my sticky on the Resorts Forum page. Disney is very prompt about responding to guests' comments. I usually get a phone call thanking me for my email and all resort comments are seen by each resort's GM.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

WDWKOOK -- You are a genius! And a wonderful person too! Thank you so much.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #2001
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
WDWKOOK -- You are a genius! And a wonderful person too! Thank you so much.
You're too kind, Miffy, but you did make my day - thank you
Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #2002
WDWKOOK

Blizzard Beach closed 12/22 due to cold weather - Blizzard Beach, one of Walt Disney World's two water parks, will be closed 12/22/12.

Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled 12/22 due to cold weather - The Polynesian Resort's Spirit of Aloha dinner show is cancelled on 12/22 due to cold weather.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #2003
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Don't think I ever said where our room was... 7111..it was a good location for us., around the corner from the elevators and lounge. We didn't see much of bay lake, but could look down on the porch, walkways and pool.,,also could see the high wishes. One night they rehearsed the NYE fireworks.

Also, I'm an iced tea drinker and they don't put it out in the am, but when I asked on the first day the cm asked how long we were staying and every morning there was a carafe of it...all I had to do was ask
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #2004
bean bunny
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! My husband and I just made a last minute change and moved from YC CL to WL CL. We leave two weeks from today so I've got lots of catch up research to do. I've been reading lots today but could use advice on what section to request. It's just the two of us and quiet Location would be our biggest request. Being near the lobby overlook would be great but might be loud. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Upcoming Trips:
December 2011, January 2012, August 2012
Old 12-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #2005
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We were inner courtyard and it was quiet. Also, the tables ring the lobby...we looked out over it every time we went to the lounge...happy planning!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #2006
jgoody
Earning My Ears

Such great information! Thanks everyone! We arrive on January 1 for five nights!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #2007
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

OK, we've been back for two days now, and I've had some time to collect my thoughts on the Lodge, so here we go:

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge from 12/17-12/21. I had booked a courtyard view with a cast member discount, and put in a request for third or fourth floor, center courtyard view (as opposed to the villas courtyard).

When we stepped off Magical Express, Megan greeted us and made us feel right at home. We didn't even have to go to the counter to check in, she brought our packet right to us and explained everything.

Our assigned room was 4151, and it was exactly the view I had imagined. It was literally like they had plucked the image from my head! We had an amazing view of the pool and Bay Lake, and even found we could see the higher Wishes fireworks over the top of the other wing!

The room itself was just okay. The beds were extremely hard; Mom had difficulty sleeping at all, and I woke up sore every day. There were some minor cosmetic issues: the hall light was dirty; one of the above bed lights' glass was crooked, not flat in it's frame; one of the sinks was missing the decorative piece that indicates the cold water, and the bathroom door handle was broken, so it wouldn't even close securely, let alone lock! We felt the hallway area where the closet and fridge are was very cramped, particularly when trying to maneuver a scooter in and out. The vanity area and bathroom was just a disaster. In most other hotels, the door opens into the bathroom, but here it opened out into the vanity area, which caused a lot of space issues. The Wi-Fi was very poor for the first few days; I was having to disconnect and reconnect literally every other page. We had a bit of a weaker and therefore slower connection to the "Public WiFi" network, but at least it didn't constantly kick us off. And the trade off to that amazing view was noise. Every afternoon, from about 1pm onward, loud pop music would BLARE from the pool area-earplugs barely blocked it out. We could also hear the geyser erupting and the boat horns.

However, the hotel had many positives as well. The atmosphere and Christmas decorations were amazing. Transportation was excellent; we NEVER waited more than 10 minutes for a bus or boat coming or going anywhere, and many times it was less than a 2 minute wait. All the cast members we encountered were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, with the exception of one who had some difficulty connecting us to the Ft. Wilderness Lost & Found. We ate at both Whispering Canyon Cafe and Roaring Fork and had great food and service. Mousekeeping was very good, and they brought us a sharps container within an hour of asking.

The Mercantile was well stocked, and we bought several items there, including snacks on the dining plan. Bell Services brought our luggage up from Magical Express just about two hours after we had checked in, and they were very helpful when our scooter was delivered. However, there was some confusion upon check out. I went to the inside desk to store our carry on, and they told me I had to do that outside. So when I went to return the scooter later that day, I went to the outside desk and was told I had to return it inside. And it took them longer than I thought was acceptable to retrieve the carry on when I went to pick it up, because they are also the valet desk, and they seemed more concerned about catering to the cars than the people waiting to pick up their bags.

I would recommend this hotel to others, with the conditional warnings about the beds. However, the beds alone would probably prevent me from staying here again.
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian *12/15-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter-The Never Ending PTR! *3/17-23/2015-Art of Animation?? *10/2015-WDW/Vero Beach/DCL???

Old 12-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #2008
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Give the beds a year or two, and they will soften up, lol!

It's really hard to get a mattress that will please everyone, because some people like them all squishy and plushy, and some people like them firm, and some like them in between. Even Goldilocks had to try all three bear beds before finding one she liked! The beds at WL should all be new - I'm actually looking forward to trying them out next month. I was last there in May, when they didn't have any refurbished rooms ready for occupancy yet.

I have to admit, I like the CR beds the best of any on property. They seem to be cushy yet supporting. I really have to force myself out of bed when I stay there!

Glad your trip went well otherwise!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #2009
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Just spend a weekend at DL Paris. We even stayed at the Sequoia Lodge.

Boy was it crowded! We mostly went in the morning and after 11 went to Paris for teh day, but one night we went back into the park... Even it's a small world had a line of well over an hour! There were massive lines to get into the stores even.

Sequoia Lodge is also based on lodges like the Wilderness Lodge, I do feel that the hotels in WDW have much better theming than the DLP ones. On the upside: breakfast was included in the price.

We enjoyed our little bonus trip (no pictures, didn't take the camera) but I don't think we'll go to DLP at that time again. Just a little too busy.

And now it's only 4 months till our big holiday

Oh:

Merry Chistmass and a good, healthy and happy New Year!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #2010
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!

'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: