Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #166
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I think we all need to have a RF cupcake meet 'n greet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
October 21st ..... sound good anyone???
Those cupcakes looks amazingly good!!!!!

My friends & I might be able to take you up on the 21st!!! Hopefully our "plans" to stay at WL will work WHEN those AP rates come out!!! We leave late on the 21st.
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #167
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

One day and a wake up!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #168
swan01
Earning My Ears

Question Woods view bunk rooms

2 families traveling together and staying at the WL in early Feb 2013. We are hoping to get rooms close by and would love to be able to see the fireworks from our rooms. Are the bunk rooms near each other on certain floors? Is there a map that shows the different room types on each floor? Also, is there a curtain or anything that separates the bunk beds from the rest of the room?

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have been answered already, this thread is long!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #169
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Taking you wallet did not help at all. I'm really worried because no sooner did you write that you weren't in the mood for a split, when all of a sudden I'm walking through Target and there's a text from Jeanette who just switched her last night to a GF RPC king room. Do NOT change WL!!!!
Nope, no more tweaks! This is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Jeanette: As I was catching up, I did notice that change in the signature. Just couldn't stay away from the Grand could you...I know how that goes. Have a terrific trip
No I couldn't...I am hopeless

When we went in May and visited, I remember sitting in the lobby looking up and thinking, why are we NOT staying here....third call was the charm...those room only reservations...WAY to easy to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
I somehow have to make it through until dinner.....maybe I'll pack tomorrow
Old 08-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #170
stpats317
Mouseketeer

WL Lodge Balcony Room

I will apologize in advance if the answer to this question is somewhere in this thread. I searched but nothing relevant was returned. We are staying at WL for the first time in November (yay! my hearts' desire finally met), have a woods view. I have requested the north wing, on a high floor but I am wondering about balconies. Do these rooms all have balconies?

Thanks in advance for any info provided.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #171
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am green with envy

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #172
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post
I will apologize in advance if the answer to this question is somewhere in this thread. I searched but nothing relevant was returned. We are staying at WL for the first time in November (yay! my hearts' desire finally met), have a woods view. I have requested the north wing, on a high floor but I am wondering about balconies. Do these rooms all have balconies?

Not sure if you got an answer, but it is yes. All the rooms on high floors have balconies.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #173
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Swan01, I am no expert, having never set foot in the WL, but I can say that based on pictures I have seen that there is definitely nothing separating the bunkbeds from the rest of the room. The bunkbeds sit where the second queen bed would sit in the other guest rooms.

Two questions for the group: am I crazy for not making a specific room request? We have booked a woods view bunkbeds room, but I wasn't planning on any specific request within that. Of course, a Wishes view or something would be nice, but it is not something that would make or break my vacation. Am I nuts?

Also: right now I am planning on booking the QSDP if it's available at a cast member discount in December. Last year we did the regular dining plan and I ordered breakfast stuff (bagels, juice, etc.) to have in the room. I totally overdid it on that stuff. I know I won't want to use a credit on breakfast, but I will still need some food to make it through the morning. Looking at the RF menu, the yogurt parfaits and kids pancakes sound perfect. I've heard RF can get pretty crowded. Do you think we could get in and out of there relatively quickly in the mornings? Could I bring these items back to the room while the rest of my family is getting ready?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #174
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I somehow have to make it through until dinner.....maybe I'll pack tomorrow
I have been trying to pack for the past three days and not done by a long shot. I never know what to wear or bring. You would think I had this down by now, lol. Hubby gets home from travel today so hopefully I can get my mind wrapped around it and finish. I know I will bring way too much, but that's ok, I will have a choice.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #175
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
I second that motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Kook: please add us to the lodge log...Nov 18-25. Thanks so much! Also, since I haven't said it before, thanks for the terrific thread. It really is great
You all are great, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
We're thinking of postponing our trip, too. The original plan was to take a Disney Cruise and then stay at WL for three nights. We just can't swing that at this point. So it's either the cruise or five nights at WL. Assuming we can swing either of those trips.

I have a dear, dear friend who has DVC points and she was telling me about how much less it would cost if we rented points from someone. We could absolutely afford that. And I think it would be a really great vacation. On the other hand, if money is tight, we'd be better off just saving our pennies.

Part of me thinks we should just postpone. But this last year has been really, really stressful, and I just want to go to a place that makes me happy, where I can celebrate our family being whole and healthy.
I'm sorry that you might have to postpone your trip. I'm very pragmatic so you might not like my answer (and neither will Disney), but I think it would be more enjoyable and relaxing if you "re-planned" your trip for a time when you wouldn't be as concerned about funding it. I know that WDW is such a happy place and really can take our minds off reality for a while, but reality will still be there when you get home as well as those bills.

If you can book with a great discount or buy points and pay cash for your trip, I think you'd feel much better and you'd also enjoy the trip more. The cruises generally cost more per day than a trip to WDW, so I think that booking a stay at WL makes more sense.

Keep us posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Aww...we will be there mid-September, but please someone tell me about this cupcake!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
We will be there the second week of Sept!! I too want to hear more about this cupcake!!
That luscious looking treat is the infamous S'mores cupcake from Roaring Fork. I've never tried one, but I plan on it soon! Here's a link to a review of it:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...derness-lodge/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
Hi! We have a while to go. We are doing a split stay in Dec 2013 and the first 4 days we will be at WL for the first time.
Happy planning! Congratulations on booking your first stay at WL - you're going to LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
tomorrow is my online check in is available. To do or not to do? last year at CSR, I waited a long time on the online check in line, while the regular line was vacant.

what are your experiences at WL check in, besides those of you staying on CL?

This is the perennial question and I'm even asking myself that same question as today is my OCI day for BLT. We usually stay CL so OCI isn't necessary, but I did try it in March for our BWI/CL stay - just for fun. I really like knowing that if I didn't get the room location I requested, I can easily talk to a room assignor or CM who can see what is available. If I do OCI, I would have to wait in that line and then another if a room assignor needs to be consulted. But, the main reason I'm probably not going to do it is that we are checking in fairly early, around 1100, and the lines at the CR aren't usually long at that time. We're also driving so we won't be in an ME crowd.

I think your answer depends on whether you're coming in with a large ME crowd or arriving at peak check-in time, after say 3, then I would probably do it. Just make sure any room requests are already in your reservation since OCI limits the requests you can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Those cupcakes looks amazingly good!!!!!

My friends & I might be able to take you up on the 21st!!! Hopefully our "plans" to stay at WL will work WHEN those AP rates come out!!! We leave late on the 21st.
This I have to see - the Grumpy Grandma (Linda) cupcake meet 'n greet with the Lodge Bunker (TaraPA) and the PrincessAlways in the queen bed - you guys will get along great!

Quote:
I'm so jealous of your quick drive up to WL. But, at least our drive up from Boca will be quick - but not quick enough. I get so excited that I want to leave at the crack of dawn which is the time of day our hosts would like to be asleep.

Give a big hug to everyone for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan01 View Post
2 families traveling together and staying at the WL in early Feb 2013. We are hoping to get rooms close by and would love to be able to see the fireworks from our rooms. Are the bunk rooms near each other on certain floors? Is there a map that shows the different room types on each floor? Also, is there a curtain or anything that separates the bunk beds from the rest of the room?

Thanks in advance and sorry if these questions have been answered already, this thread is long!
Like CaliKT posted, the bunk is where the second queen would be, so no curtain. There isn't a room-type map, but the bunks are scattered throughout the resort. I don't know how many are adjoining or connecting to each other, but getting two close to each other should not be a problem. Just make sure this request is noted in your reservation and ask again when you check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Not sure if you got an answer, but it is yes. All the rooms on high floors have balconies.
Actually, all the rooms at WL have a balcony. Some of the 6th floor rooms have solid balcony railings (and all of the CL 7th floor).

Congratulations on booking your first stay at WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
Swan01, I am no expert, having never set foot in the WL, but I can say that based on pictures I have seen that there is definitely nothing separating the bunkbeds from the rest of the room. The bunkbeds sit where the second queen bed would sit in the other guest rooms.

Two questions for the group: am I crazy for not making a specific room request? We have booked a woods view bunkbeds room, but I wasn't planning on any specific request within that. Of course, a Wishes view or something would be nice, but it is not something that would make or break my vacation. Am I nuts?

Also: right now I am planning on booking the QSDP if it's available at a cast member discount in December. Last year we did the regular dining plan and I ordered breakfast stuff (bagels, juice, etc.) to have in the room. I totally overdid it on that stuff. I know I won't want to use a credit on breakfast, but I will still need some food to make it through the morning. Looking at the RF menu, the yogurt parfaits and kids pancakes sound perfect. I've heard RF can get pretty crowded. Do you think we could get in and out of there relatively quickly in the mornings? Could I bring these items back to the room while the rest of my family is getting ready?
I can't answer the last question, but hopefully someone who has eaten breakfast many times at RF will. The Mercantile sells many breakfast items. There are photos of what they sell in post #10 of the DVC section on the first page.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #176
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I have been trying to pack for the past three days and not done by a long shot. I never know what to wear or bring. You would think I had this down by now, lol. Hubby gets home from travel today so hopefully I can get my mind wrapped around it and finish. I know I will bring way too much, but that's ok, I will have a choice.
I have that "Many moods of George Costanza" packing problem, too. I get cold in the AC in FL so I need my WL jacket (I like to be cozy in the lounge) - it might rain so you need all that gear - lots of shoes are a must - Signature dining in the evening means another outfit... I'm trying to pare down though since I'll be doing laundry twice (BLT and WL) so I really don't need that much, but I still get flustered like you and I also pack for DH and have to verify that DD has followed her list. It's very stressful, but once I pull out of the driveway and start heading down 95 South, I'm a very happy camper - until we hit traffic

Good luck!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #177
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Whoa back up back up....did I just see that pas130, who is there now in the HONEYMOON SUITE...changed her last night to GF CL?!?!?!?!?! Oh man!!! She just can't stay put can she?!?!?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #178
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:

It's really nice having the CD with pictures of EVERYONE. Which character meals are you doing?

We have a breakfast at Chef Mickey's and lunches at Tusker House amd Hollywood and Vine. We also are looking forward to a breakfast and a dinner at WCC (Ketchup!) and will do Hoop Dee Doo.

30 days...
Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #179
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am all set...got my mani/pedi.....ugh still have to pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Whoa back up back up....did I just see that pas130, who is there now in the HONEYMOON SUITE...changed her last night to GF CL?!?!?!?!?! Oh man!!! She just can't stay put can she?!?!?
Going tomorrow~ I have 2 nights WL Honeymoon suite....only switched the last night to GF....

To answer your question.... staying put not my strong point

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get ready WL (and Lodge Lady )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #180
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am all set...got my mani/pedi.....ugh still have to pack

Going tomorrow~ I have 2 nights WL Honeymoon suite....only switched the last night to GF....

To answer your question.... staying put not my strong point

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get ready WL (and Lodge Lady )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHhhhhhh sorry thought you were there already. It's Dani that's there! I just saw her FB pics - they're melting at DHS today!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: