Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #136
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
I changed once during the trip!
I have changed during a trip too! It was my 3rd trip that year and I thought to save a bit of $ by staying at POR. After walking back and forth between the out buildings and the main building in POURING rain for 2 days, I called and asked to be moved to the WL. I as so happy after I moved and will never ever make that mistake again.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #137
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Love the Lodgers' Lodge! Hoping to bump into you at some point during our stay, mommadjones!
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #138
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

If any of your information isn't correct or needs updating in....

Please let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Our Mickey Mail arrived today for our trip. It will be our second ever WL and WDW trip, following our Honeymoon there 5 years ago.

For the log, our trip will be September 8-17 in a Standard WL Room, this time with our almost 3 year old and Grandma and Grandpa. We can't wait!!!

Thanks WDWKOOK for the best thread!
Your dates have been duly noted. Are you going to get the PhotoPass+ so you'll have lots of family photos? I ordered it, but now I'll have to book some character meals so I can get the photos for 'free'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
next year, perhaps a deluxe room.
Great goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
We have eaten there twice, but this will be the first time on the dining plan. We have deluxe.
My girls asked to go back since they want the kids sushi.
I like the way your kids think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluv View Post
We'll be arriving at WL on Thursday. Last time was about 10 years ago. I was wondering if it is possible to get last minute reservations at WCC? We may have a relative from FLA meeting us for dinner but I'm unsure which day so I will need to wait to make the ressie. Starting to get excited but better pack soon....maybe tomorrow
That shouldn't be too hard. Just look online at the Disney website to make your dining reservation. You can plug in your date/time and it will show what's available. I've also walked-up once at WCC for dinner without an ADR and even though they were crowded, we waited only 10 minutes and were seated, but we were a table of two so maybe that was easier to accomodate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Sometimes packing is fun!!
Just not doing all that blooming laundry!!!
I have to have many lists - I live by lists. As long as my list is specific, I'm fine, but when I write, "5 shorts," then I look like a deer in the headlights trying to pick those 5 shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
Good Morning!! This time next Tuesday we will be a half hour from boarding our plane
We will get to meet so many happy faces when we get there, one we are so happy about is our Disney TA who will be there the same time as us and has booked the Illuminations dessert party at the Morocco Pavilion. In all the years we have done Disney we have never seen these fireworks. We either were too tired to stay or dinner ran late. Cant wait to finally see them and have some yummy treats as well. Looking forward to bumping in to some Dis'ers as well!
You'll have to tell us all about the cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
I have changed during a trip too! It was my 3rd trip that year and I thought to save a bit of $ by staying at POR. After walking back and forth between the out buildings and the main building in POURING rain for 2 days, I called and asked to be moved to the WL. I as so happy after I moved and will never ever make that mistake again.
Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. I've only changed three times after check-in
Old 08-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #139
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Whew. Found the thread again. Now, need to read through the whole thing and switch my rezzie from Riverside to WL again, LOL. Stayed there last year and REALLy want to go back on our upcoming trip, but can't justify the added cost this year.......yet.......

OK, I'm convinced again. Time to make the switch and surprise the wife and kids when we drive back to the Lodge.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #140
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

I would love to include us in your LOG. We are myself, my daughter and my two granddaughters and we will be at the WLfor our first stay8/25 - 9/1/12
We have stayed many times at POFQ and several times at the POLY, but after reading these boards and looking at the WL from the lobby while dining at WCC we just had to try it. So looking forward to our trip and thank you all for the wonderful info you have supplied
Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #141
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just thought I'd wander by and say "howdy" to all my WL friends. Jeanette only 3 more days!!! kook can you add me to the list? I'll be there Oct 20th & 21st for part of my crazy split stay trip! TARAPA maybe I'll run into you sitting in a rocker or out by the pool! It'll be so good to be "home".
I'm down to 2 days Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You can always use work as an excuse. Thank you for coming over here - it's great having you anytime

Oh, and stop jinxing yourself!

Oh come on, you had a big change when you checked-in to RPC with DH - they (involuntarily) moved you waaaaaay over to the YC. At least you weren't near the bilge
When I clicked on the link from your PM...I was on page 6 But I LOVE that there is so much "Lodge Love" on the boards

DH actually took my wallet to work with him today...... Does he realize I memorize #s I just am not in the mood for a split stay....and I am not allowed to stay in a RPC King room, that's my story and I am sticking to it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluv View Post
We'll be arriving at WL on Thursday. Last time was about 10 years ago. I was wondering if it is possible to get last minute reservations at WCC? We may have a relative from FLA meeting us for dinner but I'm unsure which day so I will need to wait to make the ressie. Starting to get excited but better pack soon....maybe tomorrow
So far, there's lots of availability there, I don't think it will be a problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Thank you!
You're welcome

Quote:
Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. I've only changed three times after check-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
OK, I'm convinced again. Time to make the switch and surprise the wife and kids when we drive back to the Lodge.
Sounds like a great change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #142
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If any of your information isn't correct or needs updating in....

Please let me know
Is it too far in advance for my dates to be added? August 12-20 2013 (right now have 2 rooms in the lodge, but hoping to switch to a 2BR villa when available)

This week was our (canceled) trip week and so it has been a challenge at times to read posts from people there or about to go, but I had an experience yesterday that turned me around. I was doing my back exercises and listening to one of my WDW internet stations and someone had recorded their entire Splash Mountain (my favorite ride) experience from the background sounds while on line, through the entire ride, and concluding with looking at the photos and deciding whether to buy theirs or not! Instead of it making me gloomy, I closed my eyes and I was there and happy! Disney magic does not always have to happen at WDW-once you've felt it, it's there, available whenever you need it, forever! Like Jimmy used to say, some words to grow by! (I guess I will never be too old to be a mouseketeer)
Keep those happy and excited posts coming! Love this thread
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #143
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Your dates have been duly noted. Are you going to get the PhotoPass+ so you'll have lots of family photos? I ordered it, but now I'll have to book some character meals so I can get the photos for 'free'
Ahh yes, thanks to the info on the DIS boards we bought the PhotoPass CD before the price increase (and before PhotoPass+ came out). It should be good though to at least have the CD to get copies of the photos from our three character meals plus all the other fun... We may just have to buy some ride photos too.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #144
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Is it too far in advance for my dates to be added? August 12-20 2013 (right now have 2 rooms in the lodge, but hoping to switch to a 2BR villa when available)

This week was our (canceled) trip week and so it has been a challenge at times to read posts from people there or about to go, but I had an experience yesterday that turned me around. I was doing my back exercises and listening to one of my WDW internet stations and someone had recorded their entire Splash Mountain (my favorite ride) experience from the background sounds while on line, through the entire ride, and concluding with looking at the photos and deciding whether to buy theirs or not! Instead of it making me gloomy, I closed my eyes and I was there and happy! Disney magic does not always have to happen at WDW-once you've felt it, it's there, available whenever you need it, forever! Like Jimmy used to say, some words to grow by! (I guess I will never be too old to be a mouseketeer)
Keep those happy and excited posts coming! Love this thread
Srry your vaca was postponed.... but look at what you have to look forward to now! Ours isn't until next year either...July.

Can I ask what are the WDW internet stations you listen to? I have yet to find a favorite
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #145
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Guess I have been a bit more busy than I thought since I missed the whole closing of the last thread. Although that explains why I stopped getting msgs on my cell phone for new postings that I never had a chance to read !

I will be going back to try and catch up on the posts but I hope all is well with everyone!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #146
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Jeanette YAY! FOR 2 DAYS!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #147
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Jeanette YAY! FOR 2 DAYS!!!!!

I may have tweaked the trip a little

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #148
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

I may have tweaked the trip a little
I saw that and even made a suggestion!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #149
bowbat
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK -- You can add me to the Lodger's Log! November 25-27.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #150
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Add us to the list!! Although we are only staying at VWL for a few days, sadly. We will be there 12/2-12/5. We had no choice though, DD8 is dancing in the Christmas parade that is televised and all dancers are required to stay at POR. As soon as her dance obligations have been met we are switching over to our home away from home!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: