Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
dsnygirl2006
DIS Veteran
 
dsnygirl2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

If you purchase the length of cruise CD, you can pay an additional $50 and get all the photos on the CD printed. If you only want a few printed, that I don't know.

Oh wow they will print out all the pics for $50 more....
__________________
Me, my DH and 10 yo DS are planning our 3rd Disney cruise!!!! We can't wait
Me DH DS



dsnygirl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
psimon
Will travel for turkey legs!
Welcome to the money pit
 
psimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,791

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
OK, what it is - they will have a CD with all the photos on it that you have taken by the ships photographers. You can purchase the CD, the cost varies, depending on the length of the cruise. I think the 7 night one is $349.00. If you purchase the length of cruise CD, you will be able to access/print all the photos on it once at home in whatever size you want. You can pay an additional $50 on this package and get the CD plus all the photos on it printed.

OR

You can purchase a (for example) 20 photo package for $249.00. You will get the CD (which has all the photos on it - in small thumbnails). Shutters will "unlock" the ability for you to access/print 20 photos from the CD at home.

OR

You can purchase a 20 photo package for $249.00 and get 20 printed photos from Shutters.

OR

You can purchase individual photos. Shutters will predetermine sizes (6X8 = character photos; 8X10 formal/pirate/roving photographers). Those will be printed photos.

While the PP reported being able to apply a credit based, I wouldn't count on it. It may have been just an individual employee deciding to do it and not a standard practice.

Ok.... so based on the silly assumption that if a 7 night cruise is $349 for the complete disk, would the 5 night cruise be $250 ($50/night)?.... and if that is true, would that mean that the 20 picture package is silly since it's the same price?

Just asking....!

---Paul in Southern NJ
__________________
and (Grandma & Grandpa) 8/15 OKW, 8/14 DCL Fantasy 7N Western and BLT, 8/13 Hawaii/Aulani and DL/VGC, 8/12 DCL Dream 5N / BLT, 8/11 AKL-K, 11/10 AKL-K, 11/09 AKL/BCV, 11/08 OKW, 11/07 OKW, 11/06 OKW, 11/05 DL, 11/04 OKW & DCL 5D Wonder, 11/03 RPH OKW, Dolphin, 11/02 DCL 7D Magic Eastern Caribbean, 11/01 OKW, 11/00 OKW, 11/99 SoG, 11/98 SoG, 11/97 SoG, 11/96 BI, 11/95 WL, 11/94 PO-R, 11/93 YC, 11/92 Poly, 11/91 Poly, 09/90 Poly, 12/89 GF, 08/88 Poly, 11/87 Poly, 11/86 Poly


psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimon View Post
Ok.... so based on the silly assumption that if a 7 night cruise is $349 for the complete disk, would the 5 night cruise be $250 ($50/night)?.... and if that is true, would that mean that the 20 picture package is silly since it's the same price?

Just asking....!

---Paul in Southern NJ
Well, it's been reported that the length of cruise CD for a 4 night is $249.95. So, I'm guessing here, the 5 night would most likely be around $299.95.

And, yes, I noticed that the 20 picture package is the same price as the length of cruise CD for the 4 night, so I agree it's a bit silly.

__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL
 
MickeyMinnieMelanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN, too far from The Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 711

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
OK, what it is - they will have a CD with all the photos on it that you have taken by the ships photographers. You can purchase the CD, the cost varies, depending on the length of the cruise. I think the 7 night one is $349.00. If you purchase the length of cruise CD, you will be able to access/print all the photos on it once at home in whatever size you want. You can pay an additional $50 on this package and get the CD plus all the photos on it printed.

OR

You can purchase a (for example) 20 photo package for $249.00. You will get the CD (which has all the photos on it - in small thumbnails). Shutters will "unlock" the ability for you to access/print 20 photos from the CD at home.

OR

You can purchase a 20 photo package for $249.00 and get 20 printed photos from Shutters.

OR

You can purchase individual photos. Shutters will predetermine sizes (6X8 = character photos; 8X10 formal/pirate/roving photographers). Those will be printed photos.

While the PP reported being able to apply a credit based, I wouldn't count on it. It may have been just an individual employee deciding to do it and not a standard practice.

Do the pictures on the CD's have the borders? Does the CD include the photo you get before getting on the boat?

Thanks.
__________________
Me DH : DD18 DD14
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
psimon
Will travel for turkey legs!
Welcome to the money pit
 
psimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,791

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie View Post
Do the pictures on the CD's have the borders? Does the CD include the photo you get before getting on the boat?

Thanks.
Yes... exactly as the prints.

---Paul in Southern NJ
__________________
and (Grandma & Grandpa) 8/15 OKW, 8/14 DCL Fantasy 7N Western and BLT, 8/13 Hawaii/Aulani and DL/VGC, 8/12 DCL Dream 5N / BLT, 8/11 AKL-K, 11/10 AKL-K, 11/09 AKL/BCV, 11/08 OKW, 11/07 OKW, 11/06 OKW, 11/05 DL, 11/04 OKW & DCL 5D Wonder, 11/03 RPH OKW, Dolphin, 11/02 DCL 7D Magic Eastern Caribbean, 11/01 OKW, 11/00 OKW, 11/99 SoG, 11/98 SoG, 11/97 SoG, 11/96 BI, 11/95 WL, 11/94 PO-R, 11/93 YC, 11/92 Poly, 11/91 Poly, 09/90 Poly, 12/89 GF, 08/88 Poly, 11/87 Poly, 11/86 Poly


psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
uftw24
Earning My Ears
 
uftw24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 12

I know it's a year past when this thread was started, but hopefully someone can still answer my question: If I buy the cd, then Disney will "unlock" 20 pictures for me. Does this mean that I can only make 20 prints when I get home, all be it whatever size I want? Or does that mean I can print as many as I want of each of the 20 pictures that were unlocked? Thanks in advance!
uftw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #22
mousefan5
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Posts: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

OK, what it is - they will have a CD with all the photos on it that you have taken by the ships photographers. You can purchase the CD, the cost varies, depending on the length of the cruise. I think the 7 night one is $349.00. If you purchase the length of cruise CD, you will be able to access/print all the photos on it once at home in whatever size you want. You can pay an additional $50 on this package and get the CD plus all the photos on it printed.

OR

You can purchase a (for example) 20 photo package for $249.00. You will get the CD (which has all the photos on it - in small thumbnails). Shutters will "unlock" the ability for you to access/print 20 photos from the CD at home.

OR

You can purchase a 20 photo package for $249.00 and get 20 printed photos from Shutters.

OR

You can purchase individual photos. Shutters will predetermine sizes (6X8 = character photos; 8X10 formal/pirate/roving photographers). Those will be printed photos.

While the PP reported being able to apply a credit based, I wouldn't count on it. It may have been just an individual employee deciding to do it and not a standard practice.

I was able to apply the $50 towards the photo cd. This was on the wonder 7 day cruise
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by uftw24 View Post
I know it's a year past when this thread was started, but hopefully someone can still answer my question: If I buy the cd, then Disney will "unlock" 20 pictures for me. Does this mean that I can only make 20 prints when I get home, all be it whatever size I want? Or does that mean I can print as many as I want of each of the 20 pictures that were unlocked? Thanks in advance!
You have access to 20 photos on the CD, to use as you wish.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan5 View Post
I was able to apply the $50 towards the photo cd. This was on the wonder 7 day cruise
What $50.00?
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #25
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

When you buy a package, 10, 20, 30, it is 10, 20, or 30 prints OR they will "unlock" 10, 20, or 30 images from the CD for you to take home and print as you want.

Or you can buy individual prints.

You pick the prints and take home, or you can get a CD that has ALL the pictures. Then at home, at your leisure, you will unlock the purchased amount of prints and have access to the full resolution versions.

There is also the length of cruise CD with all pictures. Prices vary depending on the length (the longer the more it costs). And you can also add all prints for additional $50.


Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfamilync View Post
If you booked with AAA you will receive 2 8X10s and 1 6X8 for free - this is a $50 value. When I was on the July 4th Dream cruise - I ask at Shutters and was able to receive $50 off of my photo CD instead of receiving the three pictures. I thought this was a great deal. You just have to ask - the CMs at Shutters were very nice and helpful.
The above is based on an 'inside' cabin. An outside cabin (be it oceanview or verandah) will get 4 8x10s and 2 6x8s - a $100 value.

Shutters will however allow you to upgrade to a different package. For example, we had no issue on different cruises to upgrade this to a length of cruise CD or a 10 pictures on CD. We simply paid the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
If you purchase the length of cruise CD, you can pay an additional $50 and get all the photos on the CD printed. If you only want a few printed, that I don't know.

A 'few' would cost you regular price - ie $20 for 8x10 and $13 for 6x8. Not worth it. Might as well print them at home instead.

Also, note that either the length of cruise CD or 10/20 pictures on CD include a release form to allow you to print the pictures.
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #26
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by uftw24 View Post
I know it's a year past when this thread was started, but hopefully someone can still answer my question: If I buy the cd, then Disney will "unlock" 20 pictures for me. Does this mean that I can only make 20 prints when I get home, all be it whatever size I want? Or does that mean I can print as many as I want of each of the 20 pictures that were unlocked? Thanks in advance!
All pictures of the trip are on the CD. The full resolution ones however are encrypted. The thumbnails are very low quality and sometimes hard to see...

You will get the full resolution file of any of the pictures you get to unlock. After that, you can print as many as you want of them.
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #27
uftw24
Earning My Ears
 
uftw24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
All pictures of the trip are on the CD. The full resolution ones however are encrypted. The thumbnails are very low quality and sometimes hard to see...

You will get the full resolution file of any of the pictures you get to unlock. After that, you can print as many as you want of them.

Thanks su A ve
uftw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
mousefan5
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dubuque, Iowa
Posts: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

What $50.00?
The aaa credit toward the cost of the cd.
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan5 View Post
The aaa credit toward the cost of the cd.
Yeah, I figured that out Thanks.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #30
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Well, it's been reported that the length of cruise CD for a 4 night is $249.95. So, I'm guessing here, the 5 night would most likely be around $299.95.

And, yes, I noticed that the 20 picture package is the same price as the length of cruise CD for the 4 night, so I agree it's a bit silly.

Yes, this seems very silly. We are going to get the length of cruise CD so we can get all our photos
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.