DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #31
CastleLight
DIS Veteran

Can some explain to me how DVC works if you own at 2 resorts. I own at bcv. If I bought at gf...how would banking/borrowing my bcv points help me stay at gf? I thought I would have to wait until the 7mo date to use my bcv points for a gf stay? But from reading this thread that doesn't seem correct.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #32
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleLight View Post
Can some explain to me how DVC works if you own at 2 resorts. I own at bcv. If I bought at gf...how would banking/borrowing my bcv points help me stay at gf? I thought I would have to wait until the 7mo date to use my bcv points for a gf stay? But from reading this thread that doesn't seem correct.
You could use your BCV points (whether current, banked or borrowed) at GF at the 7-month window. If you want to book 11 months out, you would need GF points, either points you own or GF points you had transferred into your account from a GF owner. Owning at a particular resort does not give you the 11-month booking priority, having the right points does.
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #33
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

For those trying to picture the views in their minds... I made this mockup using Google Earth when the first rumors started about VGF (or is it GFV?) and this basic site plan was floating around the internet. There's a pool right there between the existing resort and the new construction. It might be nice if they expanded that pool to be shared. That would potentially offer water views (pool or lagoon) for the majority of villas, and standard views (parking lot and monorail track) for just a the rooms at the southwest end.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #34
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
For those trying to picture the views in their minds... I made this mockup using Google Earth when the first rumors started about VGF (or is it GFV?) and this basic site plan was floating around the internet. There's a pool right there between the existing resort and the new construction. It might be nice if they expanded that pool to be shared. That would potentially offer water views (pool or lagoon) for the majority of villas, and standard views (parking lot and monorail track) for just a the rooms at the southwest end.
Since they are not building any pools for the Villas, only the kids water play feature, its pretty clear that the villas will be sharing that existing pool.

Where all of our dreams come true!

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Since they are not building any pools for the Villas, only the kids water play feature, its pretty clear that the villas will be sharing that existing pool.
I guess I missed something about a water play feature (where would one find that info?). I assume that would be next to the existing pool? Even with that, I think they should expand/enlarge the existing pool to accomodate the extra number of guests.

Any other scoop on planned ammenities that you can point to?

1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #36
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Maybe I can answer my own question... I found this photo on DVC News labeled as the installation of a water play area.

Those construction walls appear to be in this area that I highlighted in yellow.... Is that existing pool still open during construction?
I've edited the image below after looking closer at some of the other DVC News photos and expanded where I think the construction walls are.

1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:

Last edited by bigAWL; 08-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #37
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

http://www.dvcnews.com/cache/multith...F_Aug12_05.jpg

This is from DVCnews website.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I guess I missed something about a water play feature (where would one find that info?). I assume that would be next to the existing pool? Even with that, I think they should expand/enlarge the existing pool to accomodate the extra number of guests.

Any other scoop on planned ammenities that you can point to?
The new building is going to be pretty plain, similar to VWL - no amenities.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #39
Tunseeker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleLight View Post
If you own 100 points at BCV and 50 Points at GF you can bank and borrow to get the vacation you want.

Say you want a vacation thats 150 points a year. You will have that many points every year, but here is the best use of points.

Year 1.(2012) Stay at BCV 150 points. Use current BCV points (100 )and borrow 50 from Future(2013) Bank GF points(50 for 2012)

Year 2. (2013) Stay at GF 150 points. Use Banked(50 from 2012), Current(2013), and Future(2014). Bank BCV points (50 for 2013)

Year 3. (2014) Stay at BCV 150 points. Use banked (50 from 2013), and Current (100). GF points were borrowed into 2013.

This gives you your 11 month window each year.
Tunseeker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #40
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The new building is going to be pretty plain, similar to VWL - no amenities.
Well then it must be getting its own quiet pool and hot tub as well as a fitness center I guess.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #41
Sammie
DIS Veteran

There will be no new pool for GFV, there is expansion at the existing pool with a kids slash area and expansion of the food offered at that pool.

But no separate new pool for GFV.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #42
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Well then it must be getting its own quiet pool and hot tub as well as a fitness center I guess.
Well.....

GFV is getting a super nice new kids water play area, and use of the two GF pools - Similar to the arrangement of BCV and VWL with their host hotels.

Fitness center.....VWL shares the fitness center with the WL, does not have its own. GFV will also share the fitness center with GF at the spa.

My post was not meant as a put down of VWL, just stating the facts. VWL has no amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool. No restaurants, no activities, no lounges.......the resort shares or uses all the amenities of Wilderness Lodge, including check-in.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #43
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin

Well.....

GFV is getting a super nice new kids water play area, and use of the two GF pools - Similar to the arrangement of BCV and VWL with their host hotels.

Fitness center.....VWL shares the fitness center with the WL, does not have its own. GFV will also share the fitness center with GF at the spa.

My post was not meant as a put down of VWL, just stating the facts. VWL has no amenities of its own, except for a quiet pool. No restaurants, no activities, no lounges.......the resort shares or uses all the amenities of Wilderness Lodge, including check-in.
VWL has its own fitness center in the Villas. Not shared with WL. Also, VWL does have its own quiet pool. Is GF getting a quiet pool?

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #44
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin

VWL has its own fitness center in the Villas. Not shared with WL. Also, VWL does have its own quiet pool. Is GF getting a quiet pool?
Also VWL has its own hot tub next to the quiet pool. VWL does not share everything.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #45
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Hope, this is from the Disney website.....

Quote:
Services and Amenities at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Sturdy Branches Health Club

Sturdy Branches Health Club is located off the lobby area for The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

The latest in fitness equipment is included in the cardiovascular room with treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles (regular and recumbent) and stair climbers. The weight room includes weight machines and free weights. End a workout in the sauna.
So as you can see, the Fitness Center is shared between WL and VWL. This information can easily be found on this website.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/wildlodge.htm

And as to your other question, VGF is getting a kids water play area with slides and all. no its not a quiet pool, but VWL doesn't have an interactive water play area. Looks like a draw to me, both has its own water feature.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: