DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I checked it out with DH and yes, we're buying unless DVC is just too ambitious in pricing. If there really is a Concierge level available, we would consider more points.
The concierge option is the only reason we might consider it. I do expect prices to be too high.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc2003 View Post
Your 50 points would probably cost around $8000-$8500. Add on fees, and that's about $9500-$10,000 over the first 6 years, during which time you'll get 6 nights. So one night per year, at a cost of about $1600 per night.

What a swinging deal.
Interesting math. But it's disregarding the full life of the contract and piling the cost of 50 years of points into 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
That's the great thing about WDW, there is something for everyone and plenty of resorts to pick from!

Bill
Yep!

Just curious what the views are that you love?

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #18
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

I don't think the prices and points are going to be as high as everyone is speculating. I was at the Doorway to Dreams last week and spoke to a guide there who told me some info that made a lot of sense although I have to take what he said with a grain of salt. He said GFV will be priced similar to BLT & existing members will be offered a deal when they first go for sale. Then the price will be higher than BLT but not by much. Also he said some rooms in the GF main building were going to be converted into villas and will be concierge. Oh and he said the points per night will be similar to BLT.

I plan on doing an add on of 100 points and hopefully with banking and borrowing can stay in a 1 bedroom for Xmas week every 3-4 years or so. It's a dream of mine to stay at the GF for Xmas!
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #19
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

Unless the point cost is outrageous, we plan on buying 50-100 points there, as it's my DW's favorite deluxe resort. Me, I am fine with the resorts I own at.

Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
I don't think the prices and points are going to be as high as everyone is speculating. I was at the Doorway to Dreams last week and spoke to a guide there who told me some info that made a lot of sense although I have to take what he said with a grain of salt. He said GFV will be priced similar to BLT & existing members will be offered a deal when they first go for sale. Then the price will be higher than BLT but not by much. Also he said some rooms in the GF main building were going to be converted into villas and will be concierge. Oh and he said the points per night will be similar to BLT.

I plan on doing an add on of 100 points and hopefully with banking and borrowing can stay in a 1 bedroom for Xmas week every 3-4 years or so. It's a dream of mine to stay at the GF for Xmas!
I'm amazed, I thought for sure it would be a lot higher purchase price and room point cost. In either case I'll take my chances at the 7 month mark.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #21
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchiosdad View Post
I thought of a 50 point add on, but what will 50 pts do for me. Even with banking and borrowing I don't think 150 point will get me more than 3 nights in a 1 bedroom every three years. I am not a fan of split resort stays so that is not an option for me. I will throw the dice at the 7 month window.
have you consider a studio instead of a 1-bedroom - then for maybe 70 points you might be able to get a studio for 5 nights in value season

really don't want to buy at GF it is my least favorite of all the WDW resorts.

what I like for views - BLT has.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

We did stay at the Sugar Loaf at the GF and loved it.
(It was a great CM discount.) Each time we go to WDW I still like to visit the GF. I love the shops, the restaurants, the lobby is beautiful
(afternoon entertainment is so enjoyable) and sometimes an Afternoon Tea
with my Daughter. Hoping the cost per point is not too expensive -
I want to buy there. Saving instead of adding on now.
My Husband thinks adding on now and taking a chance at 7 months is a better idea. Hope I win !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #23
Pennyguy23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Personally I think the view will be better than VWL or BCV and as good as lake view at BLT. It should have a good view of the water parade as it passes by to go over to the Polynesian.

I think looking at the wedding chapel, the lagoon and the Polynesian would be a great view. I would not even mind looking at the main building as I find it architecturally beautiful.
Couldn't have said it better.

We are just excited to stay at a monorail resort. We stayed at BLT when it first opened. Not for us. If I wanted an ordinary hotel feel, I would have stayed off property.

Pennyguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #24
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
have you consider a studio instead of a 1-bedroom - then for maybe 70 points you might be able to get a studio for 5 nights in value season

really don't want to buy at GF it is my least favorite of all the WDW resorts.

what I like for views - BLT has.
I agree with you here.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Your 50 points would probably cost around $8000-$8500. Add on fees, and that's about $9500-$10,000 over the first 6 years, during which time you'll get 6 nights. So one night per year, at a cost of about $1600 per night.

What a swinging deal.
Course if you sell it after 6 years for $10,000-you got paid to stay there.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What a swinging deal.
Not too far off for what they currently charge for an outer building 1 bedroom suite at the GF. The 2012 rack rate ranges from $1170-1770 a night.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
arthur06
DDC #689

I will take the 1br Standard View at BWV's (in Adventure Season) at 20 points per night, over a Studio at GFV at possibly 18 points a night (BLT is 16 for SV). I travel with 3 kids, so space is more important to us. And, we will always take the 1br over a studio.

I doubt very much we will ever own there, and it really isn't anything that I am dying to do either. But, if I call or see availability online, I may just jump on it to try it out.

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #28
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

We're a bit back and forth on GFV. I can see maybe 50-100 points, depending on the price. Something like 6-7 nights every other year in a studio should be enough, atleast to start out with.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #29
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

If we had extra cash I'd be dying to buy. We stayed at the gf for our wedding and got married at the wedding pavilion with our cake cutting on the terrace off the second floor of the gf lobby, followed by dinner at narcoossees and a grand 1 cruise. So for us, any of the views would be special and remind us of our wedding! We own at blt and can travel almost any time of the year (at least for a few more years until ds starts school) so I'm sure we will get to try vgf eventually! I was sure we'd never get to stay at bcv or bwv and in 3 1/2 yrs of owning dvc we've stayed at both, plus two trips to ssr, and three at our home resort of blt. Both bcv and bwv were booked well past the 7 mo mark too.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #30
tomandrobin
DIS Veteran

Since Disney has not released any details, we just don't know the details of the resort.

From what I have seen, the new building is not going to be offering much in extra amenities. Essentially a setup similar to Wilderness lodge - no check-in, no food, no service.......just rooms.

I have heard rumors of some existing hotels rooms being converted to DVC, similar to Jambo House......but for now, its just bus driver gossip.

Where all of our dreams come true!

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: