Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

We stayed at POFQ during Thanksgiving Week 2011 and loved it!
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
We stayed at POFQ during Thanksgiving Week 2011 and loved it!
Everyone always says such great things about it, I can't wait! I'm hyper just thinking about booking

sjv919 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919
So glad to know I'm not the only one planning so far out!!! I'll also be going in December 2013! Dec 1st to the 8th. I'm booking next week, POFQ. I've never been at the holidays, I'm so excited!
I read something about the Pop Warner National Cheer and Dance Championships usually taking place the first week of December. From what people say WDW usually doesn't offer promotions this week. Not sure if this is all resorts or just the value which is where I heard the participants usually stay. So if the discount is important to you you may want to look into this before you finalize your plans. I am going the second week of Dec and hope the Pop Warner isn't that week because my plans are not flexible.
mlamanna1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna1701

I read something about the Pop Warner National Cheer and Dance Championships usually taking place the first week of December. From what people say WDW usually doesn't offer promotions this week. Not sure if this is all resorts or just the value which is where I heard the participants usually stay. So if the discount is important to you you may want to look into this before you finalize your plans. I am going the second week of Dec and hope the Pop Warner isn't that week because my plans are not flexible.
That's when we have to go, DGF has tons of blackout dates at work that time of year and that worked out best. But by then we'll be pass holders, so hopefully we'll get something?

Old 08-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #20
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's when we have to go, DGF has tons of blackout dates at work that time of year and that worked out best. But by then we'll be pass holders, so hopefully we'll get something?
I hope so. I am hoping for something myself. Right now there is no promotion for the week I am going next year. Good luck and hope you get a big discount.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
Everyone always says such great things about it, I can't wait! I'm hyper just thinking about booking
The Dec 2013 trip is the first time we booked this far out and we already are thinking about which days for which parks and where to eat even though things will probably change once we know the dates of MVMCP and who the narrators will be for CP. I go on these and other Disney boards just about every day. It cheers me up after a long day at work.
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #22
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna1701 View Post
I hope so. I am hoping for something myself. Right now there is no promotion for the week I am going next year. Good luck and hope you get a big discount.
Are you a pass holder? Because if you are, I was told on the phone when I was calling and asking all about getting a seasonal pass that there's always SOME kind of discount for pass holders, but it usually doesn't come out so far in advance...fingers crossed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
The Dec 2013 trip is the first time we booked this far out and we already are thinking about which days for which parks and where to eat even though things will probably change once we know the dates of MVMCP and who the narrators will be for CP. I go on these and other Disney boards just about every day. It cheers me up after a long day at work.
It's the first time we've ever booked this far out, too! Although, I gotta be honest...we've really only done day trips to this point, as we live so close, only a few vacation type trips, and in December 2013 it'll be my first fullblown Disney vacation since I was a tiny little kid! I've been obsessed with everything about it, too, because there's nothing left to plan for for our September trip

Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Are you a pass holder? Because if you are, I was told on the phone when I was calling and asking all about getting a seasonal pass that there's always SOME kind of discount for pass holders, but it usually doesn't come out so far in advance...fingers crossed!!!
No, but if a great discount comes out, I was thinking of getting one. Right now I booked a room-only with AAA discount. The only problem is if a room discount is offered for pass holders, it might be limited to the resorts. I want to keep my current reservation. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by mlamanna1701; 08-13-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
YorkieMom
"Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."

We'll be there !!!!!

Nov. 30 through Dec. 13

First time with the grandkids (and son and dil)

dgs 7 -- dgs 6 -- dgd 4

no strollers - no naps

and of course Princess Hollie (see avatar)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #25
hunterfaimly
Mouseketeer

We are going 12/21-12/29. Santa sent us last Christmas, after my MIL heard about our trip she decided she wanted to go with all her DGK. There will be 13 in all, 8 adults and 5 kids ages 10,9,9,5,4. We are staying at all star sports. It's a first time staying on property for the other 3 groups. We are preparing now for our 3rd trip to POR. We all get along fairly well. We leave in 42 days for MNSSHP and food&wine festival. After that the planning will be much more serious.

Last edited by hunterfaimly; 10-05-2012 at 12:53 AM.
hunterfaimly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #26
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I am thinking of going next December! I'm trying to decide now which week. I don't want to be away from the family to close to Christmas, so I'm thinking first or second week. I can't book yet, since we are DVC, but I am thinking either WL or AK or CR. I can't decide! Good thing I have a lot of time to change my mind!!

Any Dec vets here yet to tell me about crowds? We've only been in early Oct, late April, and mid Sept.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #27
hunterfaimly
Mouseketeer

We went December last year, but the last week is vastly different than the first. Any other questions though I'm happy to try to answer.

Noelle
hunterfaimly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #28
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
I am thinking of going next December! I'm trying to decide now which week. I don't want to be away from the family to close to Christmas, so I'm thinking first or second week. I can't book yet, since we are DVC, but I am thinking either WL or AK or CR. I can't decide! Good thing I have a lot of time to change my mind!!

Any Dec vets here yet to tell me about crowds? We've only been in early Oct, late April, and mid Sept.
I went last December...from the 3rd to the 9th. It was pretty crowded, but manageable. For some of the major rides, we had waits from 35 min to 85 min and some ran out of fast passes within 2 hours of the park opening. It was a bit overwhelming for my wife since this was her first time at WDW. But I told her the crowds weren't too bad compared to the peak season. The one time during our trip that I was overwhelmed with the amount of people was at the MVMCP. We couldn't move at all. It was very difficult to get through the crowds. Just for the amount of people that go to it, I don't think I would want to do it again. I am glad I went at least once, but never again.

Last edited by mlamanna1701; 10-05-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna1701 View Post
I went last December...from the 3rd to the 9th. It was pretty crowded, but manageable. For some of the major rides, we had waits from 35 min to 85 min and some ran out of fast passes within 2 hours of the park opening. It was a bit overwhelming for my wife since this was her first time at WDW. But I told her the crowds weren't too bad compared to the peak season. The one time during our trip that I was overwhelmed with the amount of people was at the MVMCP. We couldn't move at all. It was very difficult to get through the crowds. Just for the amount of people that go to it, I don't think I would want to do it again. I am glad I went at least once, but never again.
Thanks for your input. That making me think maybe November is a little better! This will be our 4th trip, so if we miss rides it's not a big deal. We just love going. But at the same time, if the crowds are overwhelming, I get irritated. Ha. Don't we all!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #30
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

Thanks for your input. That making me think maybe November is a little better! This will be our 4th trip, so if we miss rides it's not a big deal. We just love going. But at the same time, if the crowds are overwhelming, I get irritated. Ha. Don't we all!
Other than at the MVMCP, the crowds weren't bad getting through the parks. If you don't mind missing some rides if the lines are too long, it might not be so bad for you to go in December.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: