Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
encinc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67

Do you have to pay to park here? I love the staybridge suites for our family of 5 it works well!
Not if you book a park n fly package. You can book direct on the Staybridge site, but it's much cheaper to book through trinity reservations or through www.buyreservations.com. I'd double check the number of people the reservation covers, because we were given a small room (1 Q bed and a pullout) the last time we booked the package. It was suitable for the four of us, but likely would not be for a family of five. I'm pretty sure both sites list the number of people covered clearly.

We've had great experiences booking through both sites. I think we've used trinity for four stays and buyreservations for one. We often use them even when we're not flying out, because the rates ( which include parking) are cheaper than the regular rate on the Staybridge site.
encinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Do you have to pay to park here? I love the staybridge suites for our family of 5 it works well!
Our $126 included parking for up to 14 nights and the airport shuttle. As another poster mentioned, we ended up in the smallish 1 Qn + sofabed room. When I booked through Trinity Reservations, I requested a room with 2 beds. I got a reply that the hotel only had the 1 Qn + sofabed option available and was given the option to cancel our reservation (without penalty) if that wouldn't meet our needs. The rates are definitely much better through Trinity than through the hotel directly.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #33
formill
DIS Veteran

Max occupancy via Trinity says 5 people for the Staybridge vs 6 people if you go through buy reservations..........we booked through buy reservations just because of that for Christmas time this year and I did put that we have 6 people so a one queen bed and sofa bed room will not work for us! I will have to call them and confirm that they can fit all 6 of us!
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
greenclan67
Callie35

Thank you for the replies. How far from the airport is this? It says 10 mins. We have stayed at the Marriott in Amhearst that everyone uses here through priceline. We have also done the Days Inn right accross from the airport! But our flight isn't until 5:30 at night, so we have a whole day to kill first!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
encinc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Thank you for the replies. How far from the airport is this? It says 10 mins. We have stayed at the Marriott in Amhearst that everyone uses here through priceline. We have also done the Days Inn right accross from the airport! But our flight isn't until 5:30 at night, so we have a whole day to kill first!
I'd say that the Staybridge is at most 10 minutes from the airport. They've got us there in less than that for a flight first thing in the morning. I think it's a little closer than Amherst. I like the location. It's just down the street from the Boulevard Mall. There's an Olive Garden right across the street, and lots of shopping (Kohls, Target, Walmart, Marshalls, Dick's ...) down Transit Road.

ETA The Staybridge also has a Movie Room, where you can bring or borrow DVDs and watch it in comfy chairs etc. Our kids enjoy doing that. If you bring some disney movies, it might be a fun way to kill some time while waiting for your flight.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #36
momlee4
Mouseketeer

Trinity reservations is no longer offering Staybridges on my travel date in October. When it was still available, it stated only for 4.
Buyreservations still has it available. It says occupancy is 6, but further down, the type of room available says queen plus pull out. So I emailed them about this, as there are 2 adults and 4 kids in my family, and the reply was the offer is only for the queen plus pull out but they do offer rollaway beds if needed. I am not too happy. If I want the actual suite, I have to go through the hotel itself, the room currently costing in the $300's.
momlee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #37
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

Ouch..that is a lot of money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlee4 View Post
Trinity reservations is no longer offering Staybridges on my travel date in October. When it was still available, it stated only for 4.
Buyreservations still has it available. It says occupancy is 6, but further down, the type of room available says queen plus pull out. So I emailed them about this, as there are 2 adults and 4 kids in my family, and the reply was the offer is only for the queen plus pull out but they do offer rollaway beds if needed. I am not too happy. If I want the actual suite, I have to go through the hotel itself, the room currently costing in the $300's.
We are waiting to see if priceline will have a good deal when we go Sept...
momtoamulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #38
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlee4
It would be a tight squeeze with one rollaway (nevermind 2) in the qn + sofabed rooms. Is 2 rooms an option - maybe splitting 1 adult and 2 kids in each? I would thnk that would still be cheaper than a suite. I don't know if you could get a regular hotel room in Buffalo that sleeps 6 ...

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #39
travelgirls3
Earning My Ears

The website we recently used was buyreservations.com. Their packages offer a night stay, transportation to and from the airport and parking. Their rates are reasonable too.
travelgirls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #40
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

This is our 5th year staying at the Millennium.

We prefer our hotel to be away from the airport (noise). Plus you're right next door to the Walden Galleria. Great restaurants nearby too!

Like a previous poster mentioned, we always book a courtyard room which opens up to the pool. The kids have a blast and it keeps them busy the night before a flight.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #41
butterflies114
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Days Inn both times for around $80.00 per night in Feb. Our kids enjoyed the pool, free breakfast was decent and the biggest perk of all was the Tim Hortons right in the parking lot

All Star Movies Feb 2011 - 5 days not enough
POP Feb 2012 - 10 days not enough

Planning DCL and BCV for 2014
butterflies114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies114 View Post
We stayed at the Days Inn both times for around $80.00 per night in Feb. Our kids enjoyed the pool, free breakfast was decent and the biggest perk of all was the Tim Hortons right in the parking lot
That's the property we have booked for our park and fly for our Christmas trip. It was the Timmies that sold us......yes, we are that lame . Hey, people have booked on less, right?

Glad to hear a favourable review. We generally aren't huge fans of the Days Inn chain but figured its only for one night so we would survive.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #43
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

So anyone who has used Trinity to book...a quick question and/or opinion...I booked Staybridge and our plans may change if DH comes over for the night prior to our flight (it will depend on the shift he gets assigned to that week). Do you think there be a problem with the hotel if DH drops us at the airport in the morning if he does end up coming? We may or may not have to use the parking that's included...it will depend on the shift that DH ends up on for the week that we return as well. I'd hate to lose the rate, however I don't want a hassle...now considering just letting it go and driving from home on the morning of the flight. When I booked it, we thought there was no way DH could either swing dropping us off or coming over with us the night prior.
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
encinc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl
So anyone who has used Trinity to book...a quick question and/or opinion...I booked Staybridge and our plans may change if DH comes over for the night prior to our flight (it will depend on the shift he gets assigned to that week). Do you think there be a problem with the hotel if DH drops us at the airport in the morning if he does end up coming? We may or may not have to use the parking that's included...it will depend on the shift that DH ends up on for the week that we return as well. I'd hate to lose the rate, however I don't want a hassle...now considering just letting it go and driving from home on the morning of the flight. When I booked it, we thought there was no way DH could either swing dropping us off or coming over with us the night prior.
You won't have a problem. I actually stayed at the hotel with a Trinity reservation on a shopping trip with my mom and sister last year. It was by far the cheapest rate even without considering the parking. I emailed Trinity to ask whether proof of flight would be required. They said no such proof needed. I also stayed with my family on a buy reservations booked reservation, and again, had no need for the parking and there was no problem.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
misslissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Just heard back from the Millenium.....their $89.99 promo is good for stays through September. I'm out of luck for my Christmas trip, but hopefully someone else will be helped by this info!
Can I get this code?
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: