Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #106
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

So right after the wonderful parasailing we hopped on the monorail and came to tbe front desk for our room assignment. We discovered we were granted our requests and were thrilled! We stopped to get our mugs and filled them up and went directly to the balcony to enjoy the view! We LOVE our room!

After resting a few minutes we headed to epcot. Left our room at 11:03 and entered epcot at111:30. 7 minute walk to monorail platform from samoa. Epcot was not crowded at all! At 11:30 security loomed like this:

Not bad! We sent DS for soarin fps. Return time was 2:55-3:55 stand-by line 45 minites. Watched glassblower in mexico make a dragon rode the two boat rides, saw ziti sisters in italy drummers in japan then had lunch at via napoli. Eeyore enjoyed the adventures from this vantage point:

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #107
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore
So right after the wonderful parasailing we hopped on the monorail and came to tbe front desk for our room assignment. We discovered we were granted our requests and were thrilled! We stopped to get our mugs and filled them up and went directly to the balcony to enjoy the view! We LOVE our room!

After resting a few minutes we headed to epcot. Left our room at 11:03 and entered epcot at111:30. 7 minute walk to monorail platform from samoa. Epcot was not crowded at all! At 11:30 security loomed like this:

Not bad! We sent DS for soarin fps. Return time was 2:55-3:55 stand-by line 45 minites. Watched glassblower in mexico make a dragon rode the two boat rides, saw ziti sisters in italy drummers in japan then had lunch at via napoli. Eeyore enjoyed the adventures from this vantage point:

Hi . I am loving your report! Will be at the Poly on 8/31. Wish I was there now. 😞

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #108
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Crazy storm is an understatment in the part of IL where we are.
But they have moved out now!!
We live near Buffalo, NY and are to have those storms tomorrow -
they are described as severe for us -
we are in drought conditions - hope for rain, but not too severe !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #109
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post

Love this picture
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #110
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Nice pic -
security was busy -
Glad Eeyore is having a great vaca !
Enjoy !
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #111
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just noticed we are practically neighbors and that we have the same hula Eeyore. Glad to see he's enjoying the trip too. Looking forward to reading more tomorrow. Aloha.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #112
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

After lunch the fp window enforcement forced us to do something we haven't! done in my memory...spend the late afternoon in future world. It was awesome! Except for a 75 minute stand by line for soarin the whole area seemed empty. Could have been partly due to the torrential rain that fell while we were enjoying lunch. It was sprinkling a bit when we made our way from VN to soarin. We got there just in time for or 3:55 latest time. After S! We rode Livin with the Land Figment ride which we haven't done in ages, clam mobile and hung out and watched the dolphins manatees and fish then rode Spaceship Earth. We took our time doing this and left the park by 6:25. We were back in our room by 6;47.

This is one of the things we just love about the Poly. So convenient to Epcot!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #113
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

We rested in the room for an hour got some sodas in our mugs at captain cooks and enjoyed them on the balcony. It was a beautiful night not too hot! The pool didnt seem crowded.

We left our room a few minutes after 8. We reached the dock around 6 minutes after 8...just missed a boat. We waited about 13 minutes for another and got to mk dock by around 6:30. Walked right on a boat to fort wilderness for the HDDR! We love this show and it did not disappoint us last night! The chicken was a bit dry for a change but there was so much else to eat and we really werent that hungry so we didnt care. The show was fabulous! It was the 9;30 show that ended at 11:15. We waited in the bust until 11:35 went to CR first and then Poly. Back in room by 11:50. We were gonna go swimming but the bus ride made us cold and tired so we called it a night.

I did notice on our short walk back from the bus stop that there are definitely guests in Tokelau!

We are up and at em this morning for mk rope drop lunch.at liberty tree Dis meet at tambu dinner at citricos and emh at mk.

More on all that later!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #114
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Oh and i am still feeling a bit full from all of yesterdays eating!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #115
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Look forward to following along. Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you for following! I also love goldens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hi . I am loving your report! Will be at the Poly on 8/31. Wish I was there now. 😞
Lucky! Early sept is a wonderful time to visit the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
We live near Buffalo, NY and are to have those storms tomorrow -
they are described as severe for us -
we are in drought conditions - hope for rain, but not too severe !
Stay safe! Glad you will het some rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Love this picture
Thank you! I do too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
Nice pic -
security was busy -
Glad Eeyore is having a great vaca !
Enjoy !
I didnt think security was that bad for 11:30. But then we almost never enter a park at that time of day. Eeyore is having a blast! Be especially liked the sangria at hDDR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
I just noticed we are practically neighbors and that we have the same hula Eeyore. Glad to see he's enjoying the trip too. Looking forward to reading more tomorrow. Aloha.
Wow hi neighbor! Did your hula eeyore come from the north pole...or e-bay? Aloha to you!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #116
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Oh and i am still feeling a bit full from all of yesterdays eating!
Can't wait to read about VN at Epcot. Thinking about adding it to our dining experience. I've heard a lot about how great it is. Excited to hear about the crowd levels at MK and to see those castle pictures. My resort changing instincts are kicking in and now I'm thinking....Poly...hmmmm. Is the pool over crowded? This is one of my biggest fears.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #117
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

We left our room at 8:30 and made it through the mk turnstiles by 8:42. Now waiting for welcome ceremony. Crowd not bad at this point.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #118
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Have a great day . We'll be at the Poly bright & early tomorrow AM . So glad he hear about the parasailing - our reservation is Monday morning

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #119
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

After reading all you did on Saturday it was a full day, but
today - starting with the rope drop (always fun and exciting - any pics ?)
you and Eeyore will be even busier.
Enjoy !
Old 08-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #120
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: