Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #91
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Oh iloveeyore, I'm going to be following your report religiously!!! You are staying at the POLY, (which is where I'm staying Sept 28-Oct4) and I am interested in hearing your views on the state of the rooms, etc.....or any other POLY loving details you wish to share
EVEN more interested in hearing about your parasailing adventures!!! I'm a slight height scardey cat! I do Soarin' and it never used to bother me, but a couple yrs ago, I started to panic on that ride. I think it was because I was in the top row, at the end, and looked over the side while the ride was in motion.....I saw how high up we where, and it really set me into a anxiety attack....I gripped the handrails extra tight the whole ride, used the crotch strap and still was really nervous for some reason?? I really don't like the tipping forward parts of that ride, it makes me feel like I will slide out of the little seat!

After that experience, I always choose bottom row now, and "endure" it for my family or anyone I am with....

Now, silly me, knowing all this, I got suckered into the groupon deal for parasailing...it was just too good a deal to pass by. Parasailing has actually been on my bucket list for a very long time! I always thought it looked like a fun thing to do....even with the height factor. So, with that said, I booked my BFF and myself a tandem flight, and my 2 boys (20/16) a solo flight. I really want to enjoy this activity with them, so I am very much interested in hearing all I can about this experience! I'd love to know how you feel about it, and what your experience is like! I am crossing my fingers and toes that I just stay strong and don't chicken out on this!!!

Have a great trip, and I'll be following along faithfully!

Marie

ETA: sorry for such a long post, LOL I just got a bit carried away that someone was actually , at this very minute doing the exact same thing I'll be doing, and I got over excited!!! loved hearing about your departure and DME experience...anxiously a
waiting your next post! Give our Dani and PAS a big hug for me
Marie, I love yoir post!

Our room at the Poly is in tip-top shape. Not a single thing wrong with it that we can find. We love the Poly so perhaps we are a bit biased but i was honest and objective 2 years ago when our room was showing some signs of wear and tear. I will write another detailed post about it
I am also a chicken when it comes to heights. I dont really like.flying i think the astro orbiter is the scariest ride in disney and i got a squishy feeling on the 7th floor balcony when i stood at the railing at the CR. I liked the parasailing though. It was scary at certain times but im glad i did it. I think you will find more to like than not like about it.

I will certainly say hi to dani and her sis for you. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks for following along.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #92
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Excellent!! I'm glad your Poly room is tip-top. Makes my heart warm just to hear it!!! I can't wait to get the details!
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #93
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Following! Cant wait to continue reading your thread! LOVE LOVE LOVE that Disney sign - cant wait!
I am thrilled that you are enjoying my report! Isnt that sign heavenly?! Please stay tuned for more adventures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
This will be my first trip in Nov, and I don't know if you remember but you actually helped me make my decision on which resort to stay at. (It was between the Contemporary and Poly, ah, the irony...) So you need to tell me which one you like better on this trip and of course, the state of the rooms at the Poly... I'm so excited for your trip and I love that you are taking all the time to do updates. You're awesome!!
That is so very sweet of you and yes, i do remember your struggle to decide. I hope i steered you in the right direction. We really enjoyed our night at the CR but we felt like it was a like a stylish hotel in a city. Like a "W" hotel in new york. Not really that disney when ur inside or outside except on the 4th floor or a balcony with a view. Even our view while nice seemed about half parking lot. The Poly is all magical and all disney all the time to us. Even though we dont have an mk view here we far prefer our room here and we're happy to be spending the bulk of our trip here. Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Glad you made it there. I love the hula Eeyore - so adorable and a great way to document your adventures!
Thank you! We are having such a hoot with hula eeyore! Please stay tuned for more fabulous adventures!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #94
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Your flight is the exact flight we will be taking in Sept from Westchester. Glad to hear everything went smoothly!
If your experience is anything like ours you are in for a major treat! We usually book the 6:30 but didnt book early enough and the fares for that one had gone way up. Will you be writing a report? If so i will be reading!

Quote:
Darn! I hope parasailing works out tomorrow! Sorry about the low floor - hopefully before long you will be in a new room higher up.

edit: we must have posted at the same time! Glad the new room is better. Looking for a photo of eeyore on the balcony.
Thank you for following so closely and your words of encouragement. I have been reading all along but not resounding because it is a bit onerous on my phone but please know i read and appreciate all the responses!

Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #95
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
That is so very sweet of you and yes, i do remember your struggle to decide. I hope i steered you in the right direction. We really enjoyed our night at the CR but we felt like it was a like a stylish hotel in a city. Like a "W" hotel in new york. Not really that disney when ur inside or outside except on the 4th floor or a balcony with a view. Even our view while nice seemed about half parking lot. The Poly is all magical and all disney all the time to us. Even though we dont have an mk view here we far prefer our room here and we're happy to be spending the bulk of our trip here. Let me know if you have more specific questions.
We have a TPV at the Poly lined up from Nov 5-15. I noticed the parking lot view at CR in your photo and I get what you mean about the Poly being so magical! You have a photo of the toiletries at CR, are they the same at Poly? And was your room request honored? Are you club level at Poly? We're not, but I noticed most of the DIS'ers on the Poly board seem to be, so I was just curious if you thought that was important...
Old 08-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #96
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Loving all of this!! Thanks for taking the time to share!
You are welcome! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
Sounds like you're in a great location! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your parasailing tomorrow!
Our room was in an ok location. Compared to desirable mk view rooms in the cr it wasnt the best. It was on the second lowest possible floor of guest rooms and was on the far end of the resort in relation to mk. It was still an mk view at the cr for goodness sakes but we know that there are better locations for the price.

Parasailing was perfect today. We couldnt have asked for better parasailing weather in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyj55 View Post
I'm in too!! I have to wait until December 2 but I can live thru your trip for now. Thanks for taking the time and it's really making me excited.
Its my pleasure and im so glad ur here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
With twelve days to go, I'm loving the play-by-play. Almost switched to CR today but the room disappeared.
Dont worry! As you know yc is awesome and theres always next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDomzal View Post
Loving your report! (so sorry about the rain!) Just taking a break from packing to check in with the disboards one more time. Leaving in 9 hours. See you there!!
Yahoo! Are you here yet? I didnt try to go in but Tokelau does look closed! Hope you vet a great room.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #97
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore
Just sayin':
Samoa 3rd floor? (if yes, that's what we have our request in for)
Looks great! Can't wait to vacation vicariously through you and yours

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #98
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
It looks like a great start to the trip despite the weather. Hopefully it will clear up for you tomorrow!
Fabulous start, thank you! We dont think too much about the weather. We got our ponchos, we r ready for anything! It only mattered yesterday because of the parasailing. It worked out perfectly. It made us have a leisurely relaxing morning and we didnt miss a thing!

[/QUOTE=cantwaitvaca09;45711519]Loving your report, have a great MK Day[/QUOTE]
Im so glad ur loving the report. Sorry to confuse you but it was an Epcot day. I said good morning mk because of our view. Thanks for following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Glad you had a good time......love your report
Thank you! Please stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I'm so excited to see you tomorrow! We should be checked in by 12:30.
Wahoo! Safe travels! MSF and i have our spork ready!

Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #99
DLB
DIS Veteran

Great report! Enjoy your vacation and I will look forward to hearing more reports!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #100
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts....I admit, I am a tad scared about this, but I am committed now with the groupon bought, and I just hope I can overcome my fear and enjoy it! Where tips expected for this excursion? Thanks again for your live report, I am loving it! have fun meeting our Dani, wish I could be there with y'all!
~ Marie
It never occurred to us about tips. We paid the upgrade to go higher so it seemed like a pretty expensive half hour! That would be a great question to ask when you schedule your flight. Please let me know. I hope we didnt short-change anyone?! Please keep reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
Thanks - love you report !
Thank you! Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
What a beautiful view!!
It is our family's favorite! It was better before gf dvc when we could see the monorail where the new building is...but still heavenly!

Quote:
**Sigh! So excited to be there myself! Only 54 days for me

How do you like your room?
Our room is perfect in every way. Location view condition decor all spot-on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
You don't know how much that picture of your room view brightened my day!! Is that Samoa?
Imagine what it did for me! Samoa third floor volcano pool side. All requests met!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #101
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyf2 View Post
Ahhh. Love it! We just landed in Chicago! On our way very soon
Awesome! Safe travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightinillini229 View Post
Just got home in Chicago! We have some crazy thunderstorms rolling through the area right now so I'm hoping they're gone in time for my 6am flight tomorrow to Orlando!
Pixie dust your way. Safe travels and we will see you tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyf2 View Post
. In Chicago & won't be going anywhere for a veeeeery long time - weather is awful !
Hope things have cleared up?!

Quote:
What an amazing room view!!! Ahhh that says "vacation"

Glad to see eeyore loving Via Napoli.
Yes we are in heaven! This is exactly what we call vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Ahhh, my happy place - thanks for posting
Ours too! Ur welcome!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #102
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Thanks for helping me with my Disney fix!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #103
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Crazy storm is an understatment in the part of IL where we are.
But they have moved out now!!
Thank goodness! Stay safe and i hope everyone travelling doesn't run into any more dangerous weather!
Quote:
Excellent!! I'm glad your Poly room is tip-top. Makes my heart warm just to hear it!!! I can't wait to get the details!
We are soooo pleased with our gorgeous room!

Quote:
We have a TPV at the Poly lined up from Nov 5-15. I noticed the parking lot view at CR in your photo and I get what you mean about the Poly being so magical! You have a photo of the toiletries at CR, are they the same at Poly? And was your room request honored? Are you club level at Poly? We're not, but I noticed most of the DIS'ers on the Poly board seem to be, so I was just curious if you thought that was important...
The toiletries are a different flavor but also h2o. Watch for my next post for more pics of those!

We dont do club level. We did it once and really enjoyed it but we don't really see the benefit for the cost. I get why people love it but we would just rather put the money somewhere else...like parasailing or adding an extra night at the CR. Our room is a regular garden view and we requested 3rd floor samoa volcano side which is exactly what we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full View Post
Samoa 3rd floor? (if yes, that's what we have our request in for)
Looks great! Can't wait to vacation vicariously through you and yours

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It is and is exactly what we asked for. I hope you get it! It's perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB View Post
Great report! Enjoy your vacation and I will look forward to hearing more reports!!
Thanks for following along. More to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
Thanks for helping me with my Disney fix!
Anything i can do to help a fellow disney fan!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #104
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Toiletries in Samoa:

I believe the soap is the same in the Poly as the CR:

Towel mickey on the bed. We didn't get one of these at CR:

Heavenly balcony:

Last edited by iloveeeyore; 08-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #105
LuvGoldens
Mouseketeer

Look forward to following along. Have a wonderful trip!
Wilderness Lodge Sept 8-16, 2013
Disney Magic 7 nt Mediterranean, May 31, 2014
LuvGoldens is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: