Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #331
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
We are very glad she found us, too. She is very sweet and so are the kids. I think Lily thought my DH was one of the funniest characters she met all week! We are sad we missed you, but there's always next time! Hope you had a great night in MK.

I have 2 4-shift weeks in a row (I work 12-hour night shifts, usually 3 per week); this week and the next I'm doing 4 nights in a row . That whole bedlam starts tonight! So there hasn't been much time to feel blue.
Sorry you are back to work already....if it helps I'm doing 4 nights in a row starting tonight I worked Monday night as well...

Dani is SO SWEET, and the kiddos are the funniest...and yes!!! next time!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #332
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So the bags are all packed, except for our overnight one that is the only one we intend to use tonight at the CR. We will put our last minute items in there when we're done with them this morning. Hula Eeyore is all ready to go!!!

Love Eeyore all decked out in his grass skirt! Been away for a while and trying to catch up on all my threads and I'm especially excited to read about your adventures, even though they're no longer "live". I hope you all had a wonderful time. Now I'm off to do some serious reading ...

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #333
megan511
Mouseketeer

I missed this while it was live but it looks like you had a great trip. The view from your hotel room was amazing!

I love hula Eeyore! Now I'm going to check in on your dining reviews.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #334
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTilson View Post
Thanks for the tip on the fridge. Gonna stick to a half-galloon for now. If we need more, we can always "run out". But better to run out than over-buy. :

How abundant were ice machines? One on every floor in every long house? Or just one on every long house?
I believe there are ice machines on every floor of every longhouse. There was and ice machine and a vending machine directly across the hall from our room, near the elevator bank in Samoa. I'm not sure where they place the ice machines in Niue, since it doesn't have an elevator, but I can't imagine the building being without ice machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sorry you are back to work already....if it helps I'm doing 4 nights in a row starting tonight I worked Monday night as well...

Dani is SO SWEET, and the kiddos are the funniest...and yes!!! next time!!!!
I feel your pain! My work week killed me this week! I haven't quite recovered completely yet and I have to start the cycle again on Tuesday!

You sound really sweet, too, and seriously, I hope we do meet soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Love Eeyore all decked out in his grass skirt! Been away for a while and trying to catch up on all my threads and I'm especially excited to read about your adventures, even though they're no longer "live". I hope you all had a wonderful time. Now I'm off to do some serious reading ...
Thank you! We had an AMAZING time! It's so hard to come back to reality. One week from today, we will be unpacking DD into her dorm room! We all have some majorly mixed emotions about that one! Happy reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I missed this while it was live but it looks like you had a great trip. The view from your hotel room was amazing!

I love hula Eeyore! Now I'm going to check in on your dining reviews.
I'm not sure WHICH hotel room you're referring to, but we thought they were BOTH pretty amazing! I hope you enjoy my dining reviews. I'm trying to get a few more up today. Happy reading!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #335
megan511
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm not sure WHICH hotel room you're referring to, but we thought they were BOTH pretty amazing! I hope you enjoy my dining reviews. I'm trying to get a few more up today. Happy reading!
Yes, so true! I was talking about the Poly view because that is our dream resort but the CR view was breathtaking as well! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #336
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Eeyore's,
Loving the trip report and Eeyore's observations.
After reading your post about the Trek I scurried to google but came across this alarming item:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ld+africa+trek

Was this mentioned to you and your Trek mates?

p.s.
Loved your parasailing adventure!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #337
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

no problems for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
After reading your post about the Trek I scurried to google but came across this alarming item:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ld+africa+trek

Was this mentioned to you and your Trek mates?
On our way walking to our "base camp" where we would be outfitted, I asked our leader, Aaron, about the problem. He assured me that there would be plenty of hand sanitizer, and that the number of guests reporting illnesses was an extremely small number a while ago. He added that they had received no complaints from recent treks.

There is a bridge crossing (quite safe as you are tethered into a Class III harness) that requires you to be in regular contact with rope hand rails. This is immediately before you journey on to the boma overlooking the savanna. I believe the problem might have been due to some guests not cleaning their hands after crossing the bridge, and then eating the snack. In any case, there was plenty of hand sanitizer, as well as a full bathroom, available at the boma.

I will leave the reveal of the contents of the snack to iloveeeyore's dining report. However, the containers and transport of the snack made me feel very comfortable about Disney's food handling and preparation.

Without spoiling the dining report, I would say that this Disney "add-on" might just be the best extra money I have ever spent. We just received a CD in the mail with the pictures that Disney took for us (and of us) on the trek. Incredible. I would do this trek again in a heartbeat.

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
MainStreetFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #338
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I feel your pain! My work week killed me this week! I haven't quite recovered completely yet and I have to start the cycle again on Tuesday!

You sound really sweet, too, and seriously, I hope we do meet soon!
We will I know it!!!!! Would you also happen to be a nurse???? I may have missed it somewhere...usually only us crazy nurses work 4 nights in a row
Old 08-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #339
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
On our way walking to our "base camp" where we would be outfitted, I asked our leader, Aaron, about the problem. He assured me that there would be plenty of hand sanitizer, and that the number of guests reporting illnesses was an extremely small number a while ago. He added that they had received no complaints from recent treks.

There is a bridge crossing (quite safe as you are tethered into a Class III harness) that requires you to be in regular contact with rope hand rails. This is immediately before you journey on to the boma overlooking the savanna. I believe the problem might have been due to some guests not cleaning their hands after crossing the bridge, and then eating the snack. In any case, there was plenty of hand sanitizer, as well as a full bathroom, available at the boma.

I will leave the reveal of the contents of the snack to iloveeeyore's dining report. However, the containers and transport of the snack made me feel very comfortable about Disney's food handling and preparation.

Without spoiling the dining report, I would say that this Disney "add-on" might just be the best extra money I have ever spent. We just received a CD in the mail with the pictures that Disney took for us (and of us) on the trek. Incredible. I would do this trek again in a heartbeat.
Thanks so much!!!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #340
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
Yes, so true! I was talking about the Poly view because that is our dream resort but the CR view was breathtaking as well! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Of the two views, we enjoyed the GV at the Poly more! It was a bonus that it was less than half the price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We will I know it!!!!! Would you also happen to be a nurse???? I may have missed it somewhere...usually only us crazy nurses work 4 nights in a row
I was going to ask you the same thing, but I realized that there are lots of other people who work nights...toll collectors, law enforcement agents, suicide hotline operators, exotic dancers, etc....occasionally even doctors! But I guess they don't do 4 in a row!

Yes I am a nurse! I work the night shift at a community hospital about 20 minutes from my home. The floor I work on is a Pediatric/short-stay surgical unit, and we see quite a mixed bag of patients, from aesthetics to hysterectomies and mastectomies, to laparascopic abdominal procedures, even gastric sleeves! I'm going to the Magnet Conference in LA in October, are you?

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #341
RedheadRinger
Mouseketeer

I am going to the Poly on 9/17 and have really enjoyed your trip report. Took me awhile to read it all but it was worth it. So entertaining.
I picked up my documents today, so it is even more real.
Would you please share your room info so that I might request it on my online check in?
Now I will begin reading your dining report.
Thanks again.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #342
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadRinger View Post
I am going to the Poly on 9/17 and have really enjoyed your trip report. Took me awhile to read it all but it was worth it. So entertaining.
I picked up my documents today, so it is even more real.
Would you please share your room info so that I might request it on my online check in?
Now I will begin reading your dining report.
Thanks again.
Thanks for taking the time to read my report. Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Poly! You are in for a real treat!

The rooms that are on the 3rd floor, volcano pool side of Samoa are 3601-3610, with the lower numbers being closer to the GCH and the higher numbers being closer to the lagoon. This time we were in 3602 which had a great view, but last time we were in 3604 and I thought that one was slightly better, because we could see more of the lagoon and the beach over by Luau Cove. As a rule, I would think that the closer you get to 10, the better, however there are some tall palm trees over by 8, 9, 10 that might partially obstruct the view (at least it looks as though they might from the ground, I have not been on those balconies to say so for sure).

I don't recommend requesting a particular room, because if you do that and that room you requested is not available, the assignor doesn't know what it was about that room that you wanted, so they could place you anywhere.

Here is what I did. I called my travel agent (you can do this directly through central reservations if you don't have a TA), and said I wanted to place a request on my reservation. I made my request like this "Third floor balcony, preferably in Samoa on the volcano side." This way the room assignor would know that my #1 request was for the third floor, and if I couldn't get a third floor, I'd be OK with a second floor with a balcony, and my preferred building was Samoa and that I'd ideally face the volcano. Since there are only 10 rooms in the whole resort that fit my exact requests, there was high likelihood that none of these rooms would be available. If that were the case, The room assignor might have perhaps thought to assign a 3rd floor on the opposite side of Samoa, a 3rd floor on the marina side of Fiji or a 2nd floor in Tokelau on the quiet pool side, and of which would have pleased us!

When you do online check-in, your choices for requests are very limited. You can request a building (check Samoa) but the only floor you can request is "ground floor."

Good luck!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #343
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was going to ask you the same thing, but I realized that there are lots of other people who work nights...toll collectors, law enforcement agents, suicide hotline operators, exotic dancers, etc....occasionally even doctors! But I guess they don't do 4 in a row!

Yes I am a nurse! I work the night shift at a community hospital about 20 minutes from my home. The floor I work on is a Pediatric/short-stay surgical unit, and we see quite a mixed bag of patients, from aesthetics to hysterectomies and mastectomies, to laparascopic abdominal procedures, even gastric sleeves! I'm going to the Magnet Conference in LA in October, are you?
I'm not allowed that far away from home

Maybe once the kids are older, I couldn't even get clearance to go to the ENA convention in A/C in March...but I get it, I work so much they miss me at home. I work SCTU and ER....LOVE SCT (just started this summer)

That is quite a mix, but it's what they do in our smaller hospitals...at least Peds is a "clean unit" for the post-ops...I really like Peds, but dislike te Med/Surg...so I stick with Peds ER when there's an open shift....
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #344
RedheadRinger
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your help. You are very clear and explain everything so easily.

Last edited by RedheadRinger; 08-22-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
RedheadRinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #345
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

just my 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadRinger View Post
Thank you do much for your help. You are very clear and explain everything so easily.
Iloveeeyore would be an excellent Disney travel agent. Like the nurse she is; she just wants to help people. In the case of WDW, it doesn't hurt to passionately love the place.

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
MainStreetFireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: