Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #31
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Also, thanks to LUVMYGRLJB for posting the clue pictures. I feel a little better about my ability to solve them now. Thanks!!
They actually look harder than I expected!

I am trying to convince my dh to run with me, not looking good so far though!

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #32
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Oh goodness - that wasn't me saying they looked easier - I had an AWFUL time with the clues, lol!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #33
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm

I am trying to convince my dh to run with me, not looking good so far though!
We are thinking of bringing my daughter to this one,so my husband tells me, oh good, ill register as an individual and do a better time. I'm like heck no! He's the one who got the clues for us!!! He can't leave me!!! LOL

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
choirchic
DIS Veteran

This sounds like so much fun...If I can't find anyone to run as a team with me, is it worth the money to do by myself and just have DH at the finish? I am a new runner so this would be my first Disney Race.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #35
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Someone posted on the WDW Mom's Panel that it was likely that registration for Expedition Everest would be in "late fall" and she said, she suspected not until December... Seems like it should be at least more than 180 days before the race, maybe I just got spoiled by the early Princess registration...
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #36
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Count me in! It will be my first Run Disney race - I'm excited!

I ran a few 5Ks in high school and am running one this Saturday (first time since high school).

EDIT: After learning about the registration fee =/, I think I might not do this as well, like others.

Last edited by Sehsun; 12-13-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Sehsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #37
ery949
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I'm so excited to do this race with my mom & sister! We can't wait!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #38
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Loved your Race report lol, hopefully the clues are a bit easy for this year coming up

By the way anybody know the discounts from last year, resort pluse tickets?
Last year there was a registration option that included a 1 day park ticket. I seem to remember that we saved about $40 going that route. I can't remember if that savings was PP or total.

There were also room discounts. We stayed in AKL and the room was discounted to $275.

DS and I are going to do this again this year. We're hoping to get in the top 10 in the men's team division. Based on last years time we'll need to drop about 3 minutes.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #39
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Last year there was a registration option that included a 1 day park ticket. I seem to remember that we saved about $40 going that route. I can't remember if that savings was PP or total.

There were also room discounts. We stayed in AKL and the room was discounted to $275.

DS and I are going to do this again this year. We're hoping to get in the top 10 in the men's team division. Based on last years time we'll need to drop about 3 minutes.
I think you are right. They had the afternoon pass and the full day pass if I recall correctly. I hope you get in the top 10! That course was far too crowded to be worried about time when we finally started.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #40
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Could anyone provide me with an average cost of how much this event would be if we spend the weekend in a value resort? Maybe the very basic of park tickets...feel free to private message me if you want.

I'm drawn to be able to be in AK that late at night...and I'm Trying to decide if this race would be worth it money wise just to have that experience.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #41
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

They've updated the EE page with some more info including:
Registration will open for the Expedition Everest Challenge on Tuesday, December 11, 2012.

Yay!
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #42
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Hi all -

I posted this before but not sure anyone saw. Are the "host" hotels the same every year? I assume its always AKL but not sure if the mod and value change. Thanks!

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #43
hungrygreenhippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
Could anyone provide me with an average cost of how much this event would be if we spend the weekend in a value resort? Maybe the very basic of park tickets...feel free to private message me if you want.

I'm drawn to be able to be in AK that late at night...and I'm Trying to decide if this race would be worth it money wise just to have that experience.
For EEC earlier this year I stayed 5 nights at All Star Sports, total price $519.86 including tax. That's about $104/night. During registration there was the option to buy a 1-day 1-park ticket for $40. A discounted 3-day park hoper was $175.73, but I don't have any of the other discounted pricing written down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
Hi all -

I posted this before but not sure anyone saw. Are the "host" hotels the same every year? I assume its always AKL but not sure if the mod and value change. Thanks!
I just looked at the RunDisney website and they've got AKL, Caribbean Beach, and All Star Sports listed as the host resorts. This is what I remember them being in the past too.

---

OMG, I just saw that the lowest price for next year is $105 for individual!!! I've done EEC every year and if I didn't want to keep continue the streak so badly, I would definitely be reconsidering whether the race is worth the registration. The main reason I started doing EEC was the scavenger hunt, but the last couple years I've really been disappointed by the volunteers. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that they've volunteered... I just don't think RunDisney does a good job training/educating the volunteers on what to do.

Anyway just for kicks, I looked up the past prices (active.com fees not included):
2008 - $100 and includes 1-day park ticket
2009 - $105-$110 and includes 1-day park ticket
2010 - $109-$119 and includes 1-day park ticket
2011 - $85-$105 with no park ticket
2012 - $89-$109 with no park ticket, $129-$149 with 1 day park ticket
2013 - $105-125 with no park ticket

Also, the post-race ticket price has doubled, going from $25 in 2008 to $49-$59 in 2013.

I was okay paying $100 for a 5k when the park ticket was included, but without the park ticket it's a really hard pill to swallow. Like I said, I want to continue my streak so RunDisney's basically got me hooked into EEC for years to come. But I'm curious what you all think of the pricing.
hungrygreenhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #44
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

OUCH!!! That's a lot of cheddar for a 5K, even if it is at WDW. I'll have to think long and hard about whether I want to shell out that much...

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #45
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

That's crazy! It would be one thing if it was always that expensive but to increase it so much seems unreasonable. I wonder if they are doing it as part of the effort to get rid of this one?

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: