Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

1900 park fare cinderella dinner

Hey,

I just wondered if anyone could share their experiences...we want to treat my little sister who is 5, she loves Cinderella so we booked an ADR for here for 6.55.

Do we think she will love it? And what is the experience like for adults?
Is the food nice?

Thank you
FairytaleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairytaleBelle View Post
Hey,

I just wondered if anyone could share their experiences...we want to treat my little sister who is 5, she loves Cinderella so we booked an ADR for here for 6.55.

Is the food nice?

Thank you
We enjoyed 1900 PF! Typical buffet food, but the characters are absolutely hysterical. We loved the stepsisters and my face literally hurt from laughing. My 8 year old was absolutely smitten with Prince Charming when he came to our table. My then 5 year old LOVED it too.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Rhody Red
Counting Down To September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We enjoyed 1900 PF! Typical buffet food, but the characters are absolutely hysterical. We loved the stepsisters and my face literally hurt from laughing. My 8 year old was absolutely smitten with Prince Charming when he came to our table. My then 5 year old LOVED it too.
Good to know! I've heard nothing but great things about this one, and we've got it booked for our Trip. I've heard that the Step-Sisters steal the show!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

We've been twice. I thought the food was only so-so. If you have a love for the cinderella story this one I would do at least once, particularly since you get the prince, step sisters etc... As for your question about adults, if the step sisters are feeling into their parts you will never laugh harder at a character meal.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Lady Tremaine and her daughters are soooo fun. My then 5 DS wore a crown and had his sword from our CRT breakfast earlier in the trip and once they found out he was a prince " with a little bit of money" they got Drizella very interested. She even kissed his cheek which made him blush so hard, LOL. And Cinderella was fantastic recognizing the CRT sword and my DD3's wand from CRT and said to them without missing a beat, "so nice to see both of you again, I do hope you liked dining in my castle." so cool! We still talk about that kiss and dinner and DS8 now avoids Drizella like the plague on our trips... So funny!

Food was just buffet which was fine not great, but whole evening was a blast for sure!

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Aw thanks for the replies!
It sounds like even if the food isn't great, it'll be an evening worth the expense, I'm sure my mother and I will love the ugly sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
My then 5 DS wore a crown and had his sword from our CRT breakfast earlier in the trip and once they found out he was a prince " with a little bit of money" they got Drizella very interested. She even kissed his cheek which made him blush so hard, LOL. We still talk about that kiss and dinner and DS8 now avoids Drizella like the plague on our trips... So funny!
Sydnerella that is hilarious, I can see the exact thing happening to my little brother (he's 8, but would be mortified and definitely teased forever haha)!!!

We couldn't get reservations at CRTas this is a last minute trip (may) but we're hoping for the bibbidy boutique !
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairytaleBelle View Post
Hey,

Is the food nice?

Thank you
Our last time there was December 2010 and while we loved the characters (the step sisters were hilarious), we didn't like the food. IMO, it's worth going for the characters; the food, not so much.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
scdak
DIS Veteran

If you really want to get the step sisters going say things to them that are nice about Cinderella, how they shouldn't treat her so bad etc, they stay in character and its hilarious. One of them called "MOTHER" as loud as she could to have her come over to fuss at me for saying Cindy was a nice girl! She finally said she just flat out didn't like me! The prince was indeed Charming esp to the ladies but his whole world is Cinderella.

The food is good, normal buffet foods and you won't go away hungry. It is one of my favorite buffets (breakfast and dinner) onsite.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
katt789
DIS Veteran

I love dinner there! The food is usually really good, and lots of different thigs to choose from. The tremaine family is hilarious, and the charmings are lovely. It was a great experiece for us, done it twice now with all adults

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
JerseyGirl26
Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting this as I was JUST about to post something SO similar and all my questions have basically been answered! I jumped in on my sisters trip with 2 nieces (4.5 & 12) Apr 23-29 & have taken over planning. Her agent did a HORRIBLE job making any reservations so I'm trying to get as much Princess time in as possible! I wanted to be sure the characters are there every night. I booked this for the first night there for excitement factor- I'm sure after traveling the food factor won't be an issue. I've also booked Akershus later in the week for her and other character meals sporadically. Obviously bummed about BOG but looking to hit up QS lunch :-)
JerseyGirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Our last time there was December 2010 and while we loved the characters (the step sisters were hilarious), we didn't like the food. IMO, it's worth going for the characters; the food, not so much.
I agree 100%. If you go with all girls have one of them ask druzella if she's found a prince of her own yet. that gets her going too. none of us cared much for the food but i cannot honestly say when else i've ever laughed so hard at dinner.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #12
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

I found the food offerings (dinner) to be absolutely horrible when we went there; IMHO, the worst I have experienced anywhere in WDW. I'm not a big buffet fan, but this was just not very good, very much like Golden Corral in quality. However, the character interaction and entertainment from the step mother and step sisters was outstanding. I also have some awesome pictures and memories of my now not so little princess having a dance with Prince Charming. If only the food could be half as good as the characters were.

With that said, being your DD is 5 years old I say go. She will love the characters and at her age I'm sure she will have no problem with the food offerings available for children. And who knows, you may not share the same opinion as I and others about the food. I have read where people say this is the worst food I ever had only to find I enjoyed it. This may be your experience at 1900 PF.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We have been there twice - once just DH and I and had so much fun, the next year with went with two friends. We loved it. We got the step-sisters to sing "Nightingale" and it was so bad it was good! They really stay in character and gave our friend such a hard time we still laugh about it. Even though our table was adults, Cinderella, Prince Charming was great.

We thought the food was really good. I know buffets can be a hit or miss but we thought there was a nice selection and the beef was tender and good.

Would go back again.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Haha glad my question helped jersey girl.

Wow thanks for all the replies!! I'm taking notes, anything to encourage more funny interaction is good in my books. Great to hear that adult all parties love it too!
I think ill look at it as a character experience with food included in oppose to dinner with characters there

Thank you all !
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

We really enjoy it!

The stepsisters and stepmom are a total hoot!!! Last time we were there, they argued the whole time about who was prettier. The time before that, the stepmom got a toddler at the next table to stop crying by saying in her most imperious voice "Why are you crying??? You are in Disney World--- there IS no crying in Disney World!!!!"

The poor kid was so stunned he stopped, and we roared with laughter.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: