Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
cgncga
Mouseketeer

Stroller as a wheelchair at Hong Kong Disney

Does anyone know if you can get a GAC at Hong Kong Disney allowing a child to use their stroller as a wheelchair? We do that at WDW for our almost 9 year old with high functioning autism, epilepsy (with seizures triggered by fatigue), low muscle tone, and low vision and it works well at minimizing her seizures.

We will be spending 2 or 3 days at Hong Kong Disney next month at the tail end of our trip to China this summer, and we're hoping to be able to use our special needs stroller in the lines for her. I will be taking our WDW GAC from last year with us and hoping for the best, but just wondered if anyone had any experience with Hong Kong Disney and special needs.

Thanks,

Catherine
cgncga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Do a Google search for Hong Kong Disney guest assistance card. You'll find a lot of information.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
cgncga
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to update everyone on the stroller as a wheelchair GAC at Hong Kong Disney. It works a little differently than it does at WDW, but we were able to get it very easily for my daughter by taking her into City Hall (in her special needs stroller) and showing them the GAC she had from WDW. The biggest difference was that we had to get a new one each day of the trip and they took the previous one away when they issued a new one and we were not given the red sticker for the stroller.

The cast members at the rides didn't seem as familiar with the GAC as the cast members in Florida are, but as soon as we pointed out the stamp on her card we were able to bring the stroller through the lines. Sometimes we went in the exit; sometimes we went through the fast pass line, and sometimes we waited in the regular line. Where we waited and how long we waited didn't really matter to us. As long as we had the stroller in the line for her, she was fine. The shows also all handled things differently. For some, we were brought in early and directed to the accessible seats. For others we waited with the crowd and were then directed to the accessible seats. For some shows we could all (4 of us) sit together. For others, one person could accompany her in the accessible seats while the others sat behind her in the next row. For adults with mobility needs, it looked like they were expected to sit alone in the accessible seats for some shows (the ones where my 8 year old daughter could only have one person with her) with the rest of their party behind them, but in other shows the whole party could sit together.

I hope this info is helpful to anyone else planning a trip to Hong Kong Disney.

Catherine
cgncga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: