Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #1456
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
TGIF, ladies!! I've spent the morning here baking; peanut butter oatmeal cookies, cowboy cookies, and iced pumpkin cookies. Yummmm! Also, Ruben fixed our washer, which I was sure I'd broke, so I've been able to wash clothes again. So thankful we didn't need a new one!!

Feel free to send me some cowboy cookies!!

CONGRATS on getting hitched you goofy girl!! Sneaking that in there like that. I am soooo happy for you. And, I fully expect your butt out here to celebrate your bachelorette party.
Now that sounds like some fun times!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #1457
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Sweet! I love those! I'm sure we can find a time and place to meet up. I'm in the Natomas area and frequent the WalMart/HoDepot, Target and Safeway shopping areas. A lot. LOL PM me if you want to meet for Starbucks or something!
Quote:
We had a friend that lived up there. It's a nice community! I see the license plate frames when I shop at Safeway and Raley's too. LOL I'm about 4 miles east of you, just past Northgate.
Small world. The friend I stay with when I come to Sac lives near San Juan and Truxel. Is that the Raley's you shop at? (I think that's the corner where Raley's is???)
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #1458
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Small world. The friend I stay with when I come to Sac lives near San Juan and Truxel. Is that the Raley's you shop at? (I think that's the corner where Raley's is???)
A lifetime ago I lived in some apartments on San Juan. LOL

San Juan and Truxel? Across from the high school? That used to be a Lucky's, then an Albertson's. Not sure what they are now. Save Mart? There's a Bel Air (Raley's sister store) up at Truxel & West El Camino, but the Raley's I shop at is where Truxel turns into Natomas Park (or something similar- LOL) at Del Paso, near Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train Arena.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #1459
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:

San Juan and Truxel? Across from the high school? That used to be a Lucky's, then an Albertson's. Not sure what they are now. Save Mart? There's a Bel Air (Raley's sister store) up at Truxel & West El Camino, but the Raley's I shop at is where Truxel turns into Natomas Park (or something similar- LOL) at Del Paso, near Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train Arena.
You're right (of course). That's a Save Mart. They shop at Bel Air on Truxel and West El Camino. Apparently, it's been too long since I visited.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #1460
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

I'm celebrating!!

Happy Sunday Divas!

I'm celebrating. I had my last chemo last week and looking forward to getting back to normal. The drugs I was getting cause cold neuropathy, and I haven't been able to eat ice cream for months. I haven't been able to drink alcohol either, and won't for another three months, but I missed the ice cream more! Plus, I'm three weeks and 2 days from my trip to WDW with free dining. Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #1461
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's where I shop!!! Or the Safeway on Del Paso.

Quote:
Happy Sunday Divas!

I'm celebrating. I had my last chemo last week and looking forward to getting back to normal. The drugs I was getting cause cold neuropathy, and I haven't been able to eat ice cream for months. I haven't been able to drink alcohol either, and won't for another three months, but I missed the ice cream more! Plus, I'm three weeks and 2 days from my trip to WDW with free dining. Have a great day everyone.
I would like to celebrate with you!!! Congrats on your last chemo treatment!!! I'm now over 12 years cancer free. Enjoy your ice cream ... and I'll have some in your honor!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #1462
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I would like to celebrate with you!!! Congrats on your last chemo treatment!!! I'm now over 12 years cancer free. Enjoy your ice cream ... and I'll have some in your honor!
Thanks! I'm still about a month away from ice cream time (my doc's estimate), although I fully intend to at least try it when I'm in WDW. My uncle has a mild addiction to the make-your-own-sundae's at Pop, so I can sneak a bite of his and see how it goes (the neuropathy causes me to have an unpleasant tingling in my mouth - like when your hand falls asleep, and a metallic taste when I eat or drink anything too cold, so they will be tiny bites!!!)
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #1463
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Sunday Divas!

Congratulations! Enjoy your ice cream during your visit to the world!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #1464
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

I haven't been by here much over the last couple of weeks, but I've been all over FB. It has been a bit busy. We're moving into our new apartment next Saturday, finally! I've been testing for all sorts of government jobs, the most recent with child support on Thursday, I'm pretty sure I aced it, but I won't find out until next week. In 2 weeks we go down to empty our storage, and I've sold almost everything that we can't bring with us.

Oh, and I got tickets to Wicked at the Paramount theater for next Sunday!!! We are SO EXCITED.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #1465
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Happy Sunday Divas!

Cindy, that is awesome!

I hope you can eat and do anything you want while at WDW! You deserve it!!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #1466
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
That's where I shop!!! Or the Safeway on Del Paso.

Linda, that is wonderful news about being cancer free for 12 years. So encouraging!

One of our other Divas, Sameyam/Alison has been cancer free for some time too.

You ladies all deserve to celebrate and eat ice-cream all day long!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #1467
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Here is the list of ladies who I have received checks from so far.

Trudi C.
Kelly M.
Linda H.
Cindy H.
Cynthia M.
Jen G.
Jill B.

Thank you so much!
Melody
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1468
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Oh, and I got tickets to Wicked at the Paramount theater for next Sunday!!! We are SO EXCITED.
I'm excited for you. I loved that play (and the books.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Here is the list of ladies who I have received checks from so far.

Thank you so much!
Melody
Thank YOU for letting us know and for taking care of all this. Are you still possibly going to be there on Tuesday for the Diva meet? At the very least, I owe you dessert at Cheesecake Factory - or maybe Ghirardelli?????
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #1469
LisaCat

Quote:
Happy Sunday Divas!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #1470
LisaCat

Quote:
Thanks! I'm still about a month away from ice cream time (my doc's estimate), although I fully intend to at least try it when I'm in WDW. My uncle has a mild addiction to the make-your-own-sundae's at Pop, so I can sneak a bite of his and see how it goes (the neuropathy causes me to have an unpleasant tingling in my mouth - like when your hand falls asleep, and a metallic taste when I eat or drink anything too cold, so they will be tiny bites!!!)
We'll have to try and meet up at WDW for a quickie Diva photo. LOL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: