Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #1396
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Hey ladies! It's been a long time since I've been on here...and Facebook too. I'm so out of the loop with this trip.

I just got back from WDW and had a good time but I missed Cliff terribly & couldn't help wishing he was there. He took care of the teens while I was gone which was a huge help. But it was a great moment when I finally got home & got to see my babe after so long. It was a scene straight out of a movie...awwww.

As far as the ladies trip is concerned, I may only be able to pop over once in awhile instead of staying the whole time. Since my niece has started school, my sister doesn't want to watch Laila on school nights, so if I do stay the night, it will only be for 2 nights. Plus I'm 99% sure I will NOT be going into the parks.

Well I hope everyone is great & hopefully I'll be a more frequent poster
Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #1397
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626
Has anyone else who uses the iPhone or iPad app had an issue with the DIS bombarding your device with notifications?? I'll get like 10 at once every few hours. I even turned notifications for the app off and I still get them. Not very nice to wake up to in the middle of the night!
Yep, same here.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #1398
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

TGIF!! My kids don't have school today, Nevada Day, and yet I've been up since 5:30. Oh well, I've gotten a lot done already. I want it to hurry up and be this evening already! Going out shopping with my shopping buddy (Noelle). She's turning 16 next month, so we are going out to do some early birthday shopping. Well, window shopping and idea gathering. I swear, I've never met a teen who honestly can't think of one thing they want for their birthday. lol

I can't say this on FB because she'll see it, but I think she finally has a crush on someone! There's this guy who's been messaging her on FB. I may or may not have done a little snooping on his profile page. He seems okay, but.... he seems like a bit of a player. I noticed lots of changes in his relationship statuses on FB. Practically every other month he's "in a relationship". I don't like that.

Why do all teen guys seem like they would never be good enough?? Oh well. We'll see what happens. Right now they are just messaging. They don't even have any classes or lunch period together.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! It's really quiet in here lately. Everyone ready for Halloween? Got those costumes and bags of candy ready to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
As far as the ladies trip is concerned, I may only be able to pop over once in awhile instead of staying the whole time. Since my niece has started school, my sister doesn't want to watch Laila on school nights, so if I do stay the night, it will only be for 2 nights. Plus I'm 99% sure I will NOT be going into the parks.

Hey Katie!! Welcome back. You and Capri were both gone at the same time and FB just wasn't the same without you. Glad you had a fun time. Sorry you missed your honey though. I'm sure you'll make up for lost time.

I'm not doing the parks either. My AP expired last weekend. Are you still interested in going to Newport one day? Let me know! We can hang out together.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #1399
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I haven't been able to keep up much this week, just been so tired, hardly been doing anything but work and sleeping!

Last night I went to a concert with my brother. We saw Mariana's Trench, and they were awesome! Loved the show. I just starting getting into them a couple months ago but right now they are one of my favourite bands to listen to. But boy was that a loud show, mostly just from girls screaming. Eek!

I am sorry to hear that some of you won't be coming into the parks this trip. Although I completely understand, it's sad that we get together because we all share the love of Disney but not actually be able to enjoy time together in the parks. I understand the expenses though.

Capri and Katie, welcome back! I hope you both had a nice time in WDW!

Lisa that witch is creepy. And also wish you luck on the bathroom reno. Sounds like a big headache, but I am one of those people who cringes at house renos. I love the finished product, just don't like doing the work!

Anyways, hope everyone has a good weekend! We are going out to dinner with some friends tonight, and getting some people together and watching the Paranormal Activity Chronology set tomorrow night. Looking forward to that!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #1400
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Got my reservation for the HoJo for my first Diva trip! Yay!! (Thank goodness for the AP discount!) If I find something better I don't have to cancel until Feb 25 so I am pretty excited about that!

Beth can you add me to the HoJo list? I went ahead and booked for 4 nights... Feb 27 28 and March 1 and 2. Check out on the 3rd.

Hope all you ladies are having a marvelous day! I am super excited!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #1401
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Lisa, that's cool. I didn't even think Lowes had Halloween stuff. I wanted a witch for our front yard. I was going to get a caldron and put dry ice in it for a cool look. But, we changed our minds. Instead we bought this guy:
http://www.partycity.com/product/lig...&navSet=172587

I'm contacting a local orchard and feed supply store to get some hay bales and corn stalks. I have a bunch of pumpkins, and we bought some wooden fencing real cheap at Home Depot, so we are setting up a haunted pumpkin patch.
I hope it works out. With the lighting and fog machines it should look cool. We'll see.

Good luck on the remodeling! I'd probably cry. LOL I don't deal well with that sort of stress. That's why I rent.
I told my husband when we got married that I wanted to rent forever. I did NOT want the responsibility of home ownership. And here I am, helping remodel HIS bathroom while he sits on his computer. LOL. Don't get me started. *snort* All I can say is the jacuzzi tub in the timeshare in Vegas is calling my name. But the bathroom is pretty much done. All that's left is some painting that I need to do (touch up in one spot and painting where we ripped off the stupid "banjo arm shelf" over the toilet) and to get some beige caulk for the base of the tub and along the baseboard that we had to replace. Then, that bathroom is getting a DEEP cleaning. Like with bleach, steam and brushes. And hubby has been told he WILL keep it clean. Or I will kill him. LOL

Once I get it done and post pics to my photobucket album, I'll link it here for anyone who wants to see. It's a tiny little hall bathroom, but it's come a long way. The master will be done in about a year, I would imagine. I'm going to keep an eye on HoDepot dot com on this tub and surround because we really like it and now that one has been installed, the second one should be easier, right? LOL If HoDepot looks to discontinue it, I will rearrange the garage and order another one and store it till we're ready to go thru this hell again. LOL

Last edited by LisaCat; 10-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #1402
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
The Lord of Death.
http://www.halloweenmart.com/hallowe...-of-Death.html

We actually got him two years ago from Party City. He was originally $199, but we were so close to Halloween he was on sale for $99. Then, I got the manager to sell him to me for $75. He's been a great addition to our graveyard scene.
Will your decorations be all done this weekend? I'd SO LOVE to see them when I'm in town! The spouse leaves Vegas at 2PM on Monday. I'm there till Tuesday afternoon.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #1403
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Hey ladies! It's been a long time since I've been on here...and Facebook too. I'm so out of the loop with this trip.

I just got back from WDW and had a good time but I missed Cliff terribly & couldn't help wishing he was there. He took care of the teens while I was gone which was a huge help. But it was a great moment when I finally got home & got to see my babe after so long. It was a scene straight out of a movie...awwww.

Welcome back!
Quote:

I can't say this on FB because she'll see it, but I think she finally has a crush on someone! There's this guy who's been messaging her on FB. I may or may not have done a little snooping on his profile page. He seems okay, but.... he seems like a bit of a player. I noticed lots of changes in his relationship statuses on FB. Practically every other month he's "in a relationship". I don't like that.

Why do all teen guys seem like they would never be good enough?? Oh well. We'll see what happens. Right now they are just messaging. They don't even have any classes or lunch period together.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! It's really quiet in here lately. Everyone ready for Halloween? Got those costumes and bags of candy ready to go?

If a girl just looks at a guy he thinks he's in a relationship. Hopefully he is a decent guy, if not I'm sure Noelle will figure that out right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Got my reservation for the HoJo for my first Diva trip! Yay!! (Thank goodness for the AP discount!) If I find something better I don't have to cancel until Feb 25 so I am pretty excited about that!

Beth can you add me to the HoJo list? I went ahead and booked for 4 nights... Feb 27 28 and March 1 and 2. Check out on the 3rd.

Sarah and I haven't even booked yet. We're still trying to find a really great deal on a place closer to the parks. I know we better hurry up though. It's amazing how soon things get fully booked. Then you're scrambling to find anything you can get.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #1404
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Quote:
Lisa, that's cool. I didn't even think Lowes had Halloween stuff. I wanted a witch for our front yard. I was going to get a caldron and put dry ice in it for a cool look. But, we changed our minds. Instead we bought this guy:
http://www.partycity.com/product/lig...&navSet=172587

I'm contacting a local orchard and feed supply store to get some hay bales and corn stalks. I have a bunch of pumpkins, and we bought some wooden fencing real cheap at Home Depot, so we are setting up a haunted pumpkin patch.
I hope it works out. With the lighting and fog machines it should look cool. We'll see.

Good luck on the remodeling! I'd probably cry. LOL I don't deal well with that sort of stress. That's why I rent.

Quote:
The Lord of Death.
http://www.halloweenmart.com/hallowe...-of-Death.html

We actually got him two years ago from Party City. He was originally $199, but we were so close to Halloween he was on sale for $99. Then, I got the manager to sell him to me for $75. He's been a great addition to our graveyard scene.
OK Beth you have some awesome decorations and I want your address to come and see. Sounds like a good time to me.

This week was so ruff or is it rough? Anyways, it wasn't fun. Mngr out of town, we had the busiest week since I started. Had a doc stay home sick and the partners never sent any help. So down two wasn't fun with having the busiest time. I kept my cool but I wanted to hurt someone once or twice.
My mgr called tonight and we spoke about how great she felt and how she doesn't want to come back to this position and really hopes she is moved soon and wants me to do it. Um not sure but if it's anything like it was this week, um it better be a lot of money for me to take it.

Is it February yet???????

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 10-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #1405
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies!! Happy weekend to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Anyways, hope everyone has a good weekend! We are going out to dinner with some friends tonight, and getting some people together and watching the Paranormal Activity Chronology set tomorrow night. Looking forward to that!
Sounds like my kind of fun! Enjoy the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post

YAY!!! Doesn't it feel great to have an actual reservation? LOL I'm so glad you'll be staying with the group and cannot wait to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
And hubby has been told he WILL keep it clean. Or I will kill him. LOL
You crack me up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Will your decorations be all done this weekend? I'd SO LOVE to see them when I'm in town! The spouse leaves Vegas at 2PM on Monday. I'm there till Tuesday afternoon.
Unfortunately, no. We don't put them up until Halloween. Ruben takes the day off, and we work all day and get it done in time for trick or treating then it all comes down.

(sigh) It's a lot of work for one day, and I wish we could leave it up all month! But, I always worry someone will steal my stuff. It's not that we live in a bad area, we don't. Still, you never know and even though my stuff isn't worth thousands of dollars, I can't afford to be replacing missing items. So, being the nervous nellie that I am, it's a one day deal.
But, if you'd like to extend your trip a bit, then by all means, come on by!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
If a girl just looks at a guy he thinks he's in a relationship. Hopefully he is a decent guy, if not I'm sure Noelle will figure that out right away.
True. LOL! I talked to her last night about it. She said she doesn't like him, just wants to be friends. I give up with that girl. Either she's lying to me, which would suck because I'd like to think my kids can talk to me about anything, or she just really has no time for boys right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
OK Beth you have some awesome decorations and I want your address to come and see. Sounds like a good time to me.

Sure, come on by!! Bring the grandkids. It's a nice area to trick-or-treat in. Lots of sub divisions. Most of the time there are lots of kids, but you never know. Some years it's more than others.
We should have everything set up by 6 (maybe a bit before, but just to be safe). It looks better after dark, of course.
My husband and son stay home and man the candy while I take the twins out trick-or-treating. Noelle's having some friends over and they'll go do their own trick-or-treating.

We have fun with it. It's not some major production by any means so don't come expecting anything super grand. But we enjoy it.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #1406
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post

Last night I went to a concert with my brother. We saw Mariana's Trench, and they were awesome! Loved the show. I just starting getting into them a couple months ago but right now they are one of my favourite bands to listen to. But boy was that a loud show, mostly just from girls screaming. Eek!
I've seen Mariana's Trench once and they were great, they're from here which is cool. I'm not sure the screaming girls could compete with the screaming I heard for Justin Bieber when I took the kids this month. Crazy loud!!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #1407
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Fly by hi

Here's what I did on Saturday. The second one is the Zombie dance they did (I didn't dance, so don't look for me ) I think they're going to post a video of the dance on our Humboldt County Red Cross Facebook page. The first one, I'm seated in the front. If my smile lookes a little forced, that's just because I was pretty frazzled by then. We worked really hard last week to make this event happen (it was a Disaster Preparedness event with a Zombie Invasion theme - because if you're prepared for zombies, you're prepared for anything.) Then, on Friday we started recruiting volunteers for Hurricane Sandy. I had the lead for the region until 10pm on Friday, and we got a wave of activity right at 10, so we all worked until 1am Saturday morning. I had lead again on Saturday from 5am (that's right, FIVE) until noon, then I worked the Zombie event at the mall until 7pm, and then I was lead recruiter until 10pm again. (Lead recruiter means you have to monitor your email constantly to keep track of the people we have sent out and people we are in the process of sending out if we get a request for them.) I went to bed at 10pm on Saturday, just exhausted, and was woken up at 10:46pm (yep, 46 MINUTES sleep) because we were under a tsunami advisory due to the earthquake in British Columbia. Ummm, WHAT????? Luckily, the advisory was lifted before we had to evacuate anyone, so one crisis was averted. For any one not up on their tsunami lingo, a warning means you evacuate people on land, and an advisory means you evacuate people out of the water only, but no one on land. We have enough people living on boats that even an advisory is problematic for us.
The reason I don't have zombie make-up on at the mall is that I was on the phone so much I didn't want to have to call our IT department in San Francisco and explain to them that I had to have my Blackberry replaced because I gunked it up with zombie make-up.
to everyone in the path of Hurricane Sandy.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #1408
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi ladies! Wish I had more time to respond to each and everyone of you. But alas, I have to get caught up now on the sweatshirt order.

I believe I have everyone's order all written out.

I want to make absolutely sure that everyone has double checked the links provided by Beth.

There was one more style that should be in there, and that was the men's full zippered style by Sport Tek #F258. Beth, could you add that link, pretty please with sugar on top?

If you are unsure what size to order, get one of your favorite sweatshirts and measure about one inch down below the arm hole across the chest. This should match the size specs provided by Sport Tek on the link.

Also wanted to make sure that you noticed the style difference between the mens and ladies full zippered hoodies. The pockets, cuff and hood are different. The ladies hood has no drawstring. No big deal, but I wanted to point that out.

Gee Beth, maybe you could just add all the information again. I am waiting for some sizes yet from some of the ladies. I think they were unsure what to do. Also, I am going to try and post on Facebook. LOL.... you know how well did the last time.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #1409
mommaU4

Updated sweatshirt information from Melody/tinkermell:

I found the guy who usually prints my stuff up. Yay, he moved to a new location. Whew! Some of you were interested in a hoodie with last year's design, so I asked about making up zippered hoodies from the "DisDivaland" image. (This should not be confused with this years new Carsland themed shirt, that will be a separate order at a later time.)
If interested, they will be printed on your choice of either dark navy blue or black. I picked out a nicer quality sweatshirt, since this could be something used for years. All sizes are available for the sweatshirt, but there will be no bling added to any items printed. (Unless you do it yourself after you receive it)

Here are links to some of the items available along with the sizing information. If you are unsure what size to order, get one of your favorite sweatshirts and measure about one inch down below the arm hole across the chest. This should match the size specs provided by Sport Tek on the link.

Also wanted to make sure that you noticed the style difference between the mens and ladies full zippered hoodies. The pockets, cuff and hood are different. The ladies hood has no drawstring. No big deal, but I wanted to point that out.

Please keep in mind the prices you will see listed here do NOT include the cost of printing so those prices will vary. More info on that is on our Facebook page or can be sent to you in a PM. No prices can be discussed here. Thanks.

Tote
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...s/b.jsp?id=767

Zip Sweatshirt True Navy
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...atch=True+Navy

Pullover Hoody
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp....jsp?id=111192

Full zip No Hood
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...b.jsp?id=17719

Womens Pant
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...jsp?id=6282291

Men's Full Zippered Style
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp....jsp?id=111199

Please see the Diva's Facebook page, or PM me, for the actual dollar amount, as well as my address. ALSO PLEASE PM ME THROUGH THE DIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I keep track over here. All requests need to be in to me before the end of this month. Thanks ladies!

Last edited by mommaU4; 10-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #1410
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I'm not sure the screaming girls could compete with the screaming I heard for Justin Bieber when I took the kids this month. Crazy loud!!
I can't imagine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
The reason I don't have zombie make-up on at the mall is that I was on the phone so much I didn't want to have to call our IT department in San Francisco and explain to them that I had to have my Blackberry replaced because I gunked it up with zombie make-up.
That would've been an interesting phone call! lol
Thanks for sharing the pics. I have some East coast friends but so far Sandy hasn't done much of anything to them. Thank goodness. They said it was a mad house at most of the stores though with everyone trying to stock up on supplies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Gee Beth, maybe you could just add all the information again.
Your wish is my command. I updated the sweatshirt post above with the new link and the new info.
I also changed the page number in the thread title to direct everyone to this newest post. Hope that helps!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: