Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #1381
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Happy Hump Day, ladies! And, happy birthday to meeee!

So far.... let's see.... well, I've spent the day cleaning and doing laundry. LOL The exciting life of a Vegas mom.
Actually, we probably won't do much today. Ruben works, the kids are in school, tonight there's homework, Adam has Explorers (sort of a junior police officer meeting he goes to once a week), and Hannah has an honor society meeting. Lot's going on as usual during the week.

I think we'll wait until this weekend to do anything. Maybe dinner and a movie or something simple. Honestly, I am so focused on our WA trip right now, I'd be happy not doing anything and saving the money for that! Just yesterday I booked us on a "Spooked in Seattle" tour which I am looking forward to.

Anyway, I did get lots of nice birthday wishes on Facebook from friends and family and that put a smile on my face.

Hope you all have a good day!

Theresa, and Linda, the holiday tour sounds nice. I hope you enjoy it. And Theresa, thinking happy thoughts for a magical trip for you and your sister this time!!

Lisa, glad you're going to make it out here. We've been unusually cool for this time of year, but temps are going to warm back up this weekend.

Kerri, I can't wait to see pics of your costume!!

Trudi, unfriend her! Do it. You'll feel better. LOL!!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #1382
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Holiday Tour

Thank you, thank you to whoever first mentioned the Holiday Tour!

I will be there from Dec 30th - Jan 5th, and they are doing the Holiday Tour until Jan 8th so I hopefully will be able to book one. I had forgotten that they did one and it never even occurred to me that I might be able to until you guys started talking about it. You can book 30 days in advance, right?? Of course, on the 30-day mark I will be in WDW, so I'll call when I get back and hopefully will be able to book.
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #1383
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
We own Wyndham. Home resort is in Alexandria, VA (DC). This will be my 2nd stay at the Grand Desert in Vegas. They are on Harmon, not far from the Hard Rock. Next month will be my 2nd stay at Bonnet Creek. 2014 (we have even year points) we will have my 2nd and Russ' 3rd stay at our home resort. Then in 2016 I'll get to go back to Bonnet Creek. in 2008 we stayed at Dolphin Cove in Anaheim for almost a week too. That's a tough booking to get.
Really? Dolphin Cove is always up on my timeshare websites. lol We are trying to sell the RCI property, we just don't use it much at all and the Shell properties are sufficient. Plus Shell was just acquired by someone, I want to say Wyndham but I'm not 100% sure. lol I can't remember. lol Sounds like you use yours a lot more then we use ours though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

So far.... let's see.... well, I've spent the day cleaning and doing laundry. LOL The exciting life of a Vegas mom.
Actually, we probably won't do much today. Ruben works, the kids are in school, tonight there's homework, Adam has Explorers (sort of a junior police officer meeting he goes to once a week), and Hannah has an honor society meeting. Lot's going on as usual during the week.

I think we'll wait until this weekend to do anything. Maybe dinner and a movie or something simple. Honestly, I am so focused on our WA trip right now, I'd be happy not doing anything and saving the money for that! Just yesterday I booked us on a "Spooked in Seattle" tour which I am looking forward to.

Anyway, I did get lots of nice birthday wishes on Facebook from friends and family and that put a smile on my face.

Hope you all have a good day!

Theresa, and Linda, the holiday tour sounds nice. I hope you enjoy it. And Theresa, thinking happy thoughts for a magical trip for you and your sister this time!!

Lisa, glad you're going to make it out here. We've been unusually cool for this time of year, but temps are going to warm back up this weekend.

Kerri, I can't wait to see pics of your costume!!

There will be photos, lots of photos most likely. lol I'll be sure to tag myself on FB so you guys can see me.
I know I already said it on FB but Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #1384
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post

Trudi - that sounds like fun! We're going the week after American Thanksgiving and it's my first Christmas season DL trip and I just can't wait! Hoping to hear from Linda and Cheryl about the Holiday Tour (we're definitely going to do that) and anything special we have to do. This is my sister's do-over trip from the disasterous one from May last year Here's hoping this one is nothing but magical!!! There will be no tie dye involved though, so that's a bit sad
Thank goodness on no tie dye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post

Cheryl, Brianne, Tina, Donna (her mom) and I are doing the Holiday Tour on 11/17. We booked it last week. Are you coming two weeks after that? I hope we can meet up for a meal, a visit and a few rides. And thank goodness there will be no tie dye!
I'll be on the lookout for all of you. Kind of like to show off Violet.
Quote:

I know I will, quite a few people have and others are telling her how mean she is.
Happy Birthday again!!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #1385
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Has anyone else who uses the iPhone or iPad app had an issue with the DIS bombarding your device with notifications?? I'll get like 10 at once every few hours. I even turned notifications for the app off and I still get them. Not very nice to wake up to in the middle of the night!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #1386
kandyk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Has anyone else who uses the iPhone or iPad app had an issue with the DIS bombarding your device with notifications?? I'll get like 10 at once every few hours. I even turned notifications for the app off and I still get them. Not very nice to wake up to in the middle of the night!
It's been doing the same thing to me since yesterday evening, very annoying. It must be a Dis issue with the app, hope it gets fixed soon.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #1387
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

It's Thursday!! YAY!!! Hoping to finish Amy's costume tonight!! So exciting and it looks really good! We have to finish the sleeves and sew the front and back together, do the collar and add the button to the front and make/add the cording to the corset loops in the back. I fixed my lights last night and can't decide if I want to attach the ribbon to the skirt to make the "tentacle" look or not, I think I will because she has that on the show and I want it to look sort of close. lol So mine is 95% done, just a few small finishing touches, hers is about 60-70% done so we are excited!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #1388
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules

That type of post doesn't bother me at all, it's just certain people who will be watching the debate and comment the whole time with her personal opinions as if hers and only hers are right. I'm about ready to unfriend her!
I like the comics and most jokes. Sometimes there are far too many cute animal pics. LOL
My next Dis trip will be Nov. 16-18. Hub, Nicole, Bill and Violet too. Can't wait to see how Violet reacts to the characters. She's so outgoing and a real people person so all should be good for photos. We're staying at BW Park Place Inn. We always stay there and I got the room for $98. Looking forward to the Christmas decor and the yule log cake.

I have a friend like that. Former coworker. Maybe we should introduce our friends. LOL. I was about to become unglued during the debates. Wanted to SO bad say something. But I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #1389
VillianLover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk

It's been doing the same thing to me since yesterday evening, very annoying. It must be a Dis issue with the app, hope it gets fixed soon.
Well I feel better that is not just my phone.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #1390
mommaU4

Drive-by hi!!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #1391
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Hello ladies! Did I mention that we are "remodeling" our hall bathroom this week? We (hubby) broke the shower in there about 3 months ago and now that we are sharing a bathroom the shower in the master (mine) is starting to have the same problem (so we see that the common denominator is a certain male head of household?). So, we were going to just replace the faucet assembly in the master until we could afford to replace the whole tub/shower in hubby's bathroom. Until our handyman (our awesome neighbor) pulled the faucet stuff apart and we discovered that the a$SHats that built these houses put the showers together so that to replace even the faucet handle means tearing out the tub surround. REALLY? So, since the master is still working and someone *ahem, ME* knows what "be careful with it" means, we decided to throw caution to the wind and go ahead with replacing the stuff in hubby's bathroom. We've had this $ set aside for this since we got our tax refund, but with him in and out of work, we put it off so we'd have a little more cushion. Well, we are now cushionless. LOL

I have learned more about plumbing parts in the last 2 days than I ever wanted to know. LOL I have been to Home Depot 3 times and Lowe's once in the past 2 days. And, BETH, this is what greeted me at Lowe's yesterday. For some reason, I immediately thought of you and took pictures. She is animated and her eyes light up and she says creepy stuff and her cauldron bubbles. Too cool.

Sorry they are sideways, but I'm too lazy to edit them.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1392
mommaU4

Lisa, that's cool. I didn't even think Lowes had Halloween stuff. I wanted a witch for our front yard. I was going to get a caldron and put dry ice in it for a cool look. But, we changed our minds. Instead we bought this guy:
http://www.partycity.com/product/lig...&navSet=172587

I'm contacting a local orchard and feed supply store to get some hay bales and corn stalks. I have a bunch of pumpkins, and we bought some wooden fencing real cheap at Home Depot, so we are setting up a haunted pumpkin patch.
I hope it works out. With the lighting and fog machines it should look cool. We'll see.

Good luck on the remodeling! I'd probably cry. LOL I don't deal well with that sort of stress. That's why I rent.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #1393
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:
Lisa, that's cool. I didn't even think Lowes had Halloween stuff. I wanted a witch for our front yard. I was going to get a caldron and put dry ice in it for a cool look. But, we changed our minds. Instead we bought this guy:
http://www.partycity.com/product/lig...&navSet=172587

:
Very cool. What is the name of the big guy you got last year? I wanted to get one but after Halloween forgot all about it.

Home Depot has Halloween stuff too.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #1394
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Very cool. What is the name of the big guy you got last year? I wanted to get one but after Halloween forgot all about it.

Home Depot has Halloween stuff too.
The Lord of Death.
http://www.halloweenmart.com/hallowe...-of-Death.html

We actually got him two years ago from Party City. He was originally $199, but we were so close to Halloween he was on sale for $99. Then, I got the manager to sell him to me for $75. He's been a great addition to our graveyard scene.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #1395
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:
The Lord of Death.
http://www.halloweenmart.com/hallowe...-of-Death.html

We actually got him two years ago from Party City. He was originally $199, but we were so close to Halloween he was on sale for $99. Then, I got the manager to sell him to me for $75. He's been a great addition to our graveyard scene.
Thanks. I check our Halloween stores and see if I can find a good deal.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: