Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #991
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
It's DISNEYLAND. You can wear your tiara EVERYWHERE, 24/7, right?. RIGHT! So you just rest your pretty little tiara adorned head! LOL!
Good point, Lisa. I can wear a tiara even if no one else does. But, but, but you are wearing one, right, Lisa?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #992
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Good point, Lisa. I can wear a tiara even if no one else does. But, but, but you are wearing one, right, Lisa?
Of course she is. Everyone is.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #993
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Hello all I have decided to join the meet. I went a few years back and had a great time. If anyone is looking for a room mate let me know. My dates are flexible. Waves to all the people I met before.

Ruth.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #994
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
Hello all I have decided to join the meet. I went a few years back and had a great time. If anyone is looking for a room mate let me know. My dates are flexible. Waves to all the people I met before.

Ruth.
Glad you can join the craziness that is this!!! I may or may not have met you, but HELLO!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #995
mommaU4

Tour sign-ups

Many of you have expressed interest in taking the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.
For those of you who don't know about the tour, click here for a link to Mary Jo's excellent review and photos of the tour: http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/10/...r-new-in-2012/

Some basic info:
The tour is currently offered Mon-Sat @ 9:30 a.m. (The cast member I spoke with was NOT certain if that time and those days would still be accurate for February, but for now we'll have to hope they are.)
The cost is $109 or $87.20 for annual pass holders.
There is a limit of 15 people per group.
Lunch is included. Tour highlights include a peek into the lobby of Club 33 and a look inside Walt's apartment.

Based on our schedule and other events we have planned, there are two options for tour times:
Thursday, Feb. 28 and Saturday, March 2

If you are interested in the tour, please let me know as I will be starting a sign up list. Make sure to specify which day you are interested in. If there is a lot of interest, then sign-ups will be first come, first served. Even then, it's going to be interesting booking this because we have to book along with the rest of the public and hope another large group/family won't be trying to book the same day! But, hopefully it will all work out.

So, let me know if you are interested. I'll add the sign-ups to the front page. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #996
mommaU4

Quote:

Ruth.
Hi, Ruth!! I do remember you! The first year, right? In '08? At least I hope you are the same Ruth. LOL You probably don't remember me.

In any case, glad you are on board again. The group has gotten much, much larger since that first year, with even more fun to be had.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #997
mommaU4

Trudi, so did you decide to not do the tour on Saturday then since it will most likely conflict with the princess/tiara photo? LMK.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #998
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Do we know where the lunch is for the tour? And if I have an AP could I buy at the cheaper rate for me and my mom both or would she have to pay the higher price since she will not have the AP?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #999
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:

Ruth.
Hi Ruth! From your 1st-year roomie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Many of you have expressed interest in taking the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.

So, let me know if you are interested. I'll add the sign-ups to the front page. Thanks!
ME! Probably Thursday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Do we know where the lunch is for the tour? And if I have an AP could I buy at the cheaper rate for me and my mom both or would she have to pay the higher price since she will not have the AP?
I think it's in the little area where the tour starts. And I think you can buy a ticket for your mom at the AP price...
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #1000
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
Jen, I can't believe you did the Tough Mudder. My co-worker did that race this past weekend and was describing it - everything from the plunge into ice cold water to crawling under high voltage wire! Big congrats to you for finishing that race.
Thanks! Luckily I didn't get shocked and the icy water wasn't so bad. It's cold, but once you get running again you forget about how cold you were a second ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
It would amazing if we could get a Bay Bridge World Series again!! OMG!
That would bring an earthquake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Would love another Bay Bridge World Series - but without the earthquake please!
I love how I am not the only one thinking this!
Quote:
I was at WalMart today and saw these in the mens department. I can so see Rochelle with the Domo hat.....

You know she has one...at least, I would bet that she does!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Well it's official gals, that view I posted the other day will be mine come Dec 1st. We finally finished negotiations after 28 days.
Congrats!
Quote:
A trifecta of supply issues. The refinery fire at Chevron. Then Exxon was offline in SoCal. Then they had a leak in a delivery pipeline somewhere in between that shut that down for a day or two. All leads to not enough gas to go around which spikes the price 10-20 cents PER episode. Ugh. Then of course, when the price goes up, the taxes increase too. It just snowballs. Bleh. They say the prices should start to slide back down this week. Then, Nov 1 they can start selling the "winter blend" which is cheaper. Apparently, the CA govt has petitioned the EPA to let them start selling the winter blend early since they have PLENTY of that on hand. Don't think that will happen soon enough to be much help though.
I am hoping they release the winter blend within the next week or two. If it keeps going up or not dropping, I will have to quit my job and find something closer to home. I spend well over $100/week in gas to get to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Also need to figure out hotel still. Just so I know how much money to have saved. I have that room at the HoJo booked still but will need one or two roomies to afford it! Would so love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but would definitely need a roomie or two there!
Holly and I have room for 2 more people in our room at HOJOs.

Beth~ Put me down for the Thursday tour. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1001
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
I always wear one for the Princess photo! I can't wear one all day - I have to wear a ballcap to keep the sunburn at bay. Yes, even in February. LOL I have, however, looked at the option of sewing one onto my ballcap.....

Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1002
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet

Would you wear a TIARA for this one...hmmmmm?
Sure. I would consider it! Lol
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #1003
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Lunch is from the Jolly Holiday menu. This is what Mary Jo posted in her review: Choices included the following sandwiches: Caprese, chicken salad, or roasted turkey; or salads: roasted vegetable or Jolly Holiday. We could choose either freshly made chips or fruit, and our dessert choices were: Mickey Chocolate Carmel Tart, Mickey sugar cookie, or white chocolate Matterhorn macaroon.

ETA: Oops, I thought you were asking where the lunch was ordered from! My bad!

As for the tickets, you can buy one for your mom using your AP. At least it used to be that way. When Ruben and I took it, I had an AP and bought the tickets for us.
But, the way it would work in this case for our group is one person would have to call and make the reservation for all.

Last edited by mommaU4; 10-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #1004
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I definitely agree that Wednesday should be outside the park for dinner and CS for lunch. I'll probably be leaving that day to drive down but I'll probably have to work a half day before I can leave. So I'll get in later, I'll have an AP (and will probably want to go in that night, RSR anyone?) but I do think dinner outside the parks is the better bet. DTD or the GW, I'm good with either. I don't like eating at Tortilla Joe's (I've been sick after eating there twice now) but I love HoB, RBJK & RFC, not a big fan of ESPN Zone but I'd eat there. At the GW I'm pretty good with anything there. lol

Thursday, since we have the early dinner it might be better to do our own breakfasts and then do an early in the park somewhere, Rancho, River Belle, Pizza Port, those all come to mind as having enough space for a larger group. Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass on the WIWF tour, at $87 it's just a bit too much for me right now.

don't have anything to add for Friday, I think it depends on where the scavenger hunt will end up and where people decide to go from there.

It seems like Saturday is sort of a broken up kind of day, some will be not coming to the parks, some will, maybe another outside the park meal? At the GW? Or one of the hotels? I love Storytellers, I'd be on board to eat there.

I'm good with Mimi's on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post

Wednesday: Dinner at Ralph Brennan's or PF Chang's (I love PF Chang's so much!)
OMG me too! LOL I love it but don't get to eat it that much because I have to drive to get to one, I need one to open in my city....or do I? LOL That could be dangerous.......

Quote:
I'll have one, heck I might wear it the whole dang weekend!

Quote:

Ruth.
HI Ruth!! someone a few pages back (was it you CamoMama?) was looking for roomies

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #1005
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
It seems like Saturday is sort of a broken up kind of day, some will be not coming to the parks, some will, maybe another outside the park meal? At the GW? Or one of the hotels? I love Storytellers, I'd be on board to eat there.
Actually, I think Saturday most people will be in the parks. Honestly, there were only a handful interested in going off site, and most were locals who can go to the parks anytime.

For those of us interested in going to Newport Beach, we need to find someplace fun to eat, too! I am not that familiar with the area though...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: