Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #976
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Very true. I'll think about it. Do you guys take much time out for rides? Not that I need to do many. But I need at least one ride on Space Mountain, Pirates, and ToT!

Dinner on Wednesday is a no go for me as my flight gets in at 9pm.

Also need to figure out hotel still. Just so I know how much money to have saved. I have that room at the HoJo booked still but will need one or two roomies to afford it! Would so love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but would definitely need a roomie or two there!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #977
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
OK, I'm leaning more towards the princess photo, I realy think that is a great photo to have. Oh the memories!
The only question about the princess photo is IF we can do one. With the closing of PFF and the princesses moving to the new area to the left of the castle, who knows if the new area will be open yet or if it will have a photo op suitable for a large group like PFF.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #978
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
After picking up that cute one at the Disney Store last month, I'll have TWO spares with me this year. No worries, Capri!
I usually bring a spare or two for roomies who conveniently "forget".

Perhaps, Lisa, you and I will have to hog tie (and do not think I do not know how, agriculture major before I went to Vet school, thank you very much) Capri and super glue a tiara to her resisting head.

Since I am driving and do not have to deal with airplane security issues, I can bring the rope.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #979
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I'd like to do both photos for sure! They sound fun! Doesn't matter to me where they are. Castle one would be awesome if its possible.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #980
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
I like DTD for Wednesday dinner too - how about House of Blues? We haven't done anything there in a long time....... Last time we went to Tortilla Joe's, it wasn't that good (boo).

I'd love to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour on Thursday!! I'm down for going off site on Saturday
OKay, I'm going to start a sign up list for the tour now. That way we know for sure what numbers we are looking at. I haven't looked into it directly, but was told the tour starts at 9:30 and accommodates 15. I'll take sign-ups and we can go from there.

I agree, Tortilla Joes was disappointing. My tamale wasn't edible last time, too under cooked! The guacamole was good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

Darn, still can't find my tiara. Oh well. No biggie. It's not like anyone will be able to tell in the picture anyway.
Ha! As if you will get out of it that easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
The House Of Blues sounds fun!
I missed the post with the price of the Tour, is it really expensive?
Someone else posted it was $87! When I told the tour before it was only in the $50 range. So it's my understanding they added Walt's apartment then jacked the price up $30.

HOB would be fun. Their food is good. We went there the very first year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Wednesday: Dinner at Ralph Brennan's or PF Chang's (I love PF Chang's so much!)

Thursday: Sign me up for the WIWF tour, I've been wanting to do that forever - early character breakfast at the Plaza Inn? Would that give us enough time to get to the tour meeting point?

Friday: lunch at Flo's sounds awesome. Dinner at Pacific Wharf or Ariel's? Later in the evening I will be all over a hot chocolate from Ghiradelli, those are amazing and a new fireworks tradition for my kids and I.

Saturday: breakfast: River Belle Terrace lunch: Carnation Cafe dinner: BTRBBQ and sign me up for the Fantasmic dessert party because I've never done it. Awesome!

These suggestions are just based on where I love to eat and you could all tell me to piss off and pick different places. I just figured I'd put in my two cents.
Don't be silly. Always good to have suggestions. Can't promise everyone we'll utilize all suggestions, obviously, but still, always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Oh, is there a plan to meet for a group audience for Billy Hill and the Hillbillies? That would be absolutely awesome.
Not yet, but it will get worked in there. It usually does.

Quote:
After picking up that cute one at the Disney Store last month, I'll have TWO spares with me this year. No worries, Capri!
There, see. Problem solved just like that.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #981
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Since I am driving and do not have to deal with airplane security issues, I can bring the rope.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #982
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Very true. I'll think about it. Do you guys take much time out for rides? Not that I need to do many. But I need at least one ride on Space Mountain, Pirates, and ToT!

Dinner on Wednesday is a no go for me as my flight gets in at 9pm.

Also need to figure out hotel still. Just so I know how much money to have saved. I have that room at the HoJo booked still but will need one or two roomies to afford it! Would so love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but would definitely need a roomie or two there!
I've always hit rides on these trips, often with Fast Pass, many times with other Divas too. We've done a group ride on Pirates before. Nothing the group does is "mandatory". You look at what's on the schedule and pick and choose what you want to do and go from there. We often have reservations at 2 or 3 places for each meal period. The only things that tend to be close to 100% attendance are the Meet & Greet and the main group photo (Castle the last couple years). The Princess photo is usually highly attended as well.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #983
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat

The only question about the princess photo is IF we can do one. With the closing of PFF and the princesses moving to the new area to the left of the castle, who knows if the new area will be open yet or if it will have a photo op suitable for a large group like PFF.
Well what about doing a Castle photo instead of the princess one (its still kind of princess-y with it being sleeping beauty's and all) and doing the other photo in DCA, if the princess one is not possible.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #984
mommaU4

Quote:
Well, that's true. But, I think we should plan for one, until we hear otherwise.
I mean, a lot of this is tentative planning for now. We don't know park hours, we don't know if or when there will be Fantasmic, we don't know of any ride closures, etc.
We can make all the plans, but always be open to change and ready with a plan B as it gets closer just in case.

The princesses are so popular though that I can't imagine they won't have some sort of photo op going on at that time. (fingers crossed!!)
Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #985
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I do rides rides rides rides, and animation academy and rides and rides and rides. Some people do lots of meals and all, I am more of a grab a chimichanga and go kind of person.

We all end up shooting off in splinter groups of people,often with like touring interests. It is impossible to tour the parks in a group of 30, 40, 75. So, I am sure rides, shopping, people watching, whatever makes you happy will fit in.

Quote:
Oh dear, what a wrinkle. Hmmm...oh that is totally okay,who says we cannot wear our TIARAS for other photo op occassions?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #986
mommaU4

Quote:
I do rides rides rides rides, and animation academy and rides and rides and rides. Some people do lots of meals and all, I am more of a grab a chimichanga and go kind of person.

We all end up shooting off in splinter groups of people,often with like touring interests. It is impossible to tour the parks in a group of 30, 40, 75. So, I am sure rides, shopping, people watching, whatever makes you happy will fit in.
Exactly. And that's important for any new ladies joining in to keep in mind. We do not tour as a whole group. Nope, no way. LOL Although, that would be quite a sight.

No, the group will meet at key points and times, such as the hunt, the group photo, certain meals, one or two group rides, the Meet and Greet, etc.
But, during the in between times, everyone tends to break off into smaller groups based on similar wants/needs/interests.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #987
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well what about doing a Castle photo instead of the princess one (its still kind of princess-y with it being sleeping beauty's and all) and doing the other photo in DCA, if the princess one is not possible.
Would you wear a TIARA for this one...hmmmmm?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #988
LisaCat

Quote:
Oh dear, what a wrinkle. Hmmm...oh that is totally okay,who says we cannot wear our TIARAS for other photo op occassions?
It's DISNEYLAND. You can wear your tiara EVERYWHERE, 24/7, right?. RIGHT! So you just rest your pretty little tiara adorned head! LOL!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #989
mommaU4

Quote:
That's a good plan B, Andrea. I like that idea. So group photo could be in DCA just before the hunt, either by the fountain or the wheel of death. Then on Saturday we plan for the princess photo, but if for some reason that doesn't work out, we can do it in front of the castle.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #990
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's a good plan B, Andrea. I like that idea. So group photo could be in DCA just before the hunt, either by the fountain or the wheel of death. Then on Saturday we plan for the princess photo, but if for some reason that doesn't work out, we can do it in front of the castle.
Sounds good to me!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: