Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #961
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

As for breakfast, especially for a character meal, Thursday or Saturday are our only real options as far as the other activities going on. But, it would have to be fairly early in the a.m. to not conflict with photos and tours.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #962
sierranevada
DISDiva

Garden Walk - guess I thought it would be closer to HoJo's than DTD? If not then DTD is good - maybe Naples or Tortilla Jo's?

Also - don't know if it is possible again (would have to check with Jill and/or Jessica) but would love another trip to Company D.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #963
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
As for breakfast, especially for a character meal, Thursday or Saturday are our only real options as far as the other activities going on. But, it would have to be fairly early in the a.m. to not conflict with photos and tours.
Can't you make a ressie for Plaza Inn before park opens? That might be nice on a magic morning to get into DL earlier since no MM for any AP holders.

Or either Surf's up or Goofy's Kitchen. I know we did Surf's up last year but it seems to have more character interaction than Goofy's

Old 10-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #964
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tiaras are very serious. I agree.

But, no worries, the group photo before the hunt in DCA is not the same as the princess photo on Saturday. That photo and the tiaras are sacred. LOL

Well, look at me jumping the gun and flipping out. Next time, perhaps, I should actually read and THINK!!!! But boy oh boy oh boy, TIARAS are not to be messed with.

Yep, that is right, shudder at the thought of wearing pink AGAIN, but will sport a tiara with pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Garden Walk - guess I thought it would be closer to HoJo's than DTD? If not then DTD is good - maybe Naples or Tortilla Jo's?

Also - don't know if it is possible again (would have to check with Jill and/or Jessica) but would love another trip to Company D.
You know, I think that DTD would be a pinch closer than Gardenwalk. I have often parked in the PUMBA parking lot which is closer to the maingate than Gardenwalk (about half of a long city block), and it is about an 6-7 minute walk to the crosswalk to DL...

Or, I could be wrong.

Tiaras tiaras tiaras.

Last edited by grumpyvet; 10-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #965
mommaU4

Quote:

I haven't been to Garden Walk so I'm not sure. On Google maps it appears to be about a mile. I guess that's not much farther then DTD, but for some reason it seems like it.

Quote:
Can't you make a ressie for Plaza Inn before park opens? That might be nice on a magic morning to get into DL earlier since no MM for any AP holders.
I think Plaza Inn would be fun. I was just pointing out it would have to be fairly early. If we can get an early ressie, then that's perfect!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #966
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Well, look at me jumping the gun and flipping out. Next time, perhaps, I should actually read and THINK!!!! But boy oh boy oh boy, TIARAS are not to be messed with.

Yep, that is right, shudder at the thought of wearing pink AGAIN, but will sport a tiara with pride.
No worries. Flipping out is okay when it comes to tiaras. Princess photo and tiara is not to be messed with.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #967
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

I like DTD for Wednesday dinner too - how about House of Blues? We haven't done anything there in a long time....... Last time we went to Tortilla Joe's, it wasn't that good (boo).

I'd love to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour on Thursday!! I'm down for going off site on Saturday
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #968
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Last time we went to Tortilla Joe's, it wasn't that good (boo).
Except for your tableside guacamole, which was SO GOOD! Sorry I ate so much of it. I lost control.

I'm all for eating wherever, whenever. Except I'm not a fan of character meals. That's not to say I won't do a character meal. I just don't like them.

Darn, still can't find my tiara. Oh well. No biggie. It's not like anyone will be able to tell in the picture anyway.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #969
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

The House Of Blues sounds fun!
I missed the post with the price of the Tour, is it really expensive?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #970
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't been to Garden Walk so I'm not sure. On Google maps it appears to be about a mile. I guess that's not much farther then DTD, but for some reason it seems like it.
I stayed at the Motel 6 on Katella for my solo trip in May, which is just past the Garden Walk. I had planed to have dinner there once on that trip, but never made it because I stayed in the parks until late each night and ate there. The walk from Motel 6 to bag check took me 10 minutes in the mornings and from bag check to the motel in the evenings about 15, because by then I was tuckered out. I do tend to walk pretty fast, and I was alone, so in a group it would probably take a bit longer.

As for everything else... I plan to fly in on Wednesday (Southwest has a $300 roundtrip ticket from Seattle that I may be able to get for less with my military discount). Much cheaper than driving for just one person and staying overnight halfway) afternoon. Since I have an annual pass I'll probably head into the parks for at least a little while that afternoon, but diner at DTD or Garden Walk sounds good to me. So here's my suggestions:

Wednesday: Dinner at Ralph Brennan's or PF Chang's (I love PF Chang's so much!)

Thursday: Sign me up for the WIWF tour, I've been wanting to do that forever - early character breakfast at the Plaza Inn? Would that give us enough time to get to the tour meeting point?

Friday: lunch at Flo's sounds awesome. Dinner at Pacific Wharf or Ariel's? Later in the evening I will be all over a hot chocolate from Ghiradelli, those are amazing and a new fireworks tradition for my kids and I.

Saturday: breakfast: River Belle Terrace lunch: Carnation Cafe dinner: BTRBBQ and sign me up for the Fantasmic dessert party because I've never done it. Awesome!

These suggestions are just based on where I love to eat and you could all tell me to piss off and pick different places. I just figured I'd put in my two cents.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #971
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Oh, is there a plan to meet for a group audience for Billy Hill and the Hillbillies? That would be absolutely awesome.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #972
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:

Keep in mind, attending the tour on Saturday will basically mean missing out on the tiara/princess photo as those both take place in the morning around the same time.

I'm not entirely sure we are going to need two tour times though. It seems like the interest was strong, until the price was posted! Not that I blame anyone. That is too expensive for a tour...imo.
OK, I'm leaning more towards the princess photo, I realy think that is a great photo to have. Oh the memories!
Quote:

Friday - since the hunt is in DCA this year, I would suggest maybe doing the group photo in front of the CCR fountain. I know it would be breaking tradition but logistically would make sense. But if everyone still wants the castle photo - we would just have to make sure we start it right at park opening to allow time to finish photo and then get everyone over to DCA
Awhile back some of us were discussing the group photo ion DCA. I like that idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
If not, maybe we could meet at the WOC viewing area and get a pic with Paradise Pier in the background?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I think this would be good, lots of room and the wheel of death in the background would be pretty.
[QUOUT
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #973
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
I am going to say that I think dinner the first night (Wed) should be out of the park. Not everyone has a pass, and those who are arriving that evening might not want to use an entire day of their park hoppper just to go in to the park to eat, kwim? Someplace in DTD or one of the hotels would be nice.

And, I also wanted to suggest that lunch on Wed should probably be a counter service since at that point in the day only a handful of the ladies will already be there. Having a counter service lunch the first day worked out nicely last time. If you were there, you showed up for lunch and looked for all the lime green shirts. Easy.
I totally agree with both of these points.

Wednesday night, I would prefer to eat "on property" rather than on Harbor though. I can't suggest anything as I've never eaten anywhere in DTD other than Jamba Juice and only at the "buffets" at the 2 older hotels and Napa Rose/Storytellers at GCH.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #974
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I've never been to the Plaza Inn, so I would be ok with that! Actually I think I am ok with anything. Would really love a breakfast at Surf's Up, since I can never seem to find Stitch anywhere else, but I understand if not everybody else wants to go there.

Also still deciding if I want to do the scavenger hunt or not. I'd like to take at least a bit of time to go around on my own and take photos/shop, etc. So I think I might use that time to do that.
Andrea - the Scavvy hunt should be lots of fun and you'll have time on Saturday for solo stuff, unless you were planning on joining the "off site" excursion.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #975
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Darn, still can't find my tiara. Oh well. No biggie. It's not like anyone will be able to tell in the picture anyway.
After picking up that cute one at the Disney Store last month, I'll have TWO spares with me this year. No worries, Capri!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: