Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #946
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!! This weekend went by so fast. It was a busy but fun one. It was nice meeting with Jane and Michele today. After lunch, Ruben and I went to see Taken 2. I liked it. It was good, not too over the top but very action packed. Now, time to get ready for another long week ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Have fun tomorrow with Jane and Michelle!
Thanks! It was a nice lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Holiday sandwich? May I ask what is on it???

Glad you had fun at the Ren Faire! Hope Noelle is having a great time at the dance!
Like Michele said, it's turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Yum!
Noelle had so much fun at the dance. Then they all came home, raided the kitchen, and stayed up talking until almost 4 a.m.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I am planning on getting tinkerbell on my lower leg with the pixiedust wrapping around her. I was a surrogate mother and had 5 babies for other families and my 2 girls. So I plan to have 7 hearts in the dust for each baby I had. Oh and thinking of a special saying to have one in Disney font on the edge of my foot.
That sounds really special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
I don't have to be at work until 8 tonight so I have time to drop in! All moved (although only partially unpacked thanks to all the prep work for Mickey's Halloween Party the other night). So hello!
Hey Jessica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh22 View Post
Happy Sunday Ladies
Back at ya, Wendy!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #947
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

If I do the WIWF tour - and that's a big if since I really want to do the Fantasmic dessert - I will need to do the Sat. tour. I won't be getting in until Th. in time for the M&G.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #948
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
If I do the WIWF tour - and that's a big if since I really want to do the Fantasmic dessert - I will need to do the Sat. tour. I won't be getting in until Th. in time for the M&G.
That's fine. Saturday is the group tiara photo with the princesses and the Small World group ride, so who ever is doing the tour will probably miss that as they are both in the morning.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #949
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I really want to do the WIWF tour, but that price is a little steep. I'd be all for the Fantasmic Dessert though!

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my Dad's last night and really enjoyed watching Seth run around the house chasing, and being chased by his uncle. It was the first time he's been to his Grandpa's and been in a decent mood, so I am glad that my Dad got to see the "real" Seth finally. Usually Seth is just a crabby pants when we go to his house.

It was a really long drive, but we made a stop at the mall so I could go to the Disney Outlet store, so all was good. Ended up coming out with an Oso stuffie and a Toy Story Alien kids cup for Seth, and a cute Stitch mug for me. And I only spend $20! Too bad I couldn't get deals like that online! I could if it wasn't for shipping!

We've got this day off and then it's back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #950
mommaU4

Who's hungry??

OKay ladies, we need to start thinking about where we want to eat during this trip.

This is the schedule we have so far:

Schedule - 2013

**This is a work in progress. Times, events, meals, and activities will be added as they are planned out, so keep checking back for the latest updates! Thanks!

Wednesday, February 27: (lime green shirt)
Arrivals at various times throughout the day and evening
Lunch: probably a counter service would be best
Dinner: perhaps in DTD for those who are arriving in the evening and do not want to use up a park day

Thursday, February 28: (last trip's pink shirt - PM Melody/tinkermell if you need one)
Breakfast:
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour for those already here
Lunch:
5:30 p.m. - Meet and Greet Party @ Carousel Hotel (includes dinner)

Friday, March 1: (our new group shirt - more details to come)
Breakfast: On your own before photo/hunt (the hunt and photo start early!)
Traditional group photo in front of castle
Scavenger Hunt
Lunch: this should be in the general area as the end of the hunt
Dinner:

Saturday, March 2: (grey shirt)
*Optional off-site day at Newport Beach for those interested*
Breakfast:
Traditional Princess photo, followed by group ride on It's a Small World (if possible, if not, group photo in DCA)
OR
2nd Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for those who missed it on Thursday
Lunch:
Dinner:
Fantasmic dessert seating (Time TBD)

Sunday, March 3: (your favorite Disney shirt)
Last day of the trip
Group farewell breakfast @ Mimi's Cafe

Melody, or anyone else on the hunt team, where is the hunt ending? Last year it worked out nicely having lunch right at Hungry Bear which is where the hunt ended. So, for example, if the hunt was ending in Carsland, lunch could be at Flo's Cafe. Or if it was ending in Pacific Wharf, there are lots of tables and several options there for dining. Or it could end over by the new Paradise Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza. Again, lots of tables and two choices for dining.

I am going to say that I think dinner the first night (Wed) should be out of the park. Not everyone has a pass, and those who are arriving that evening might not want to use an entire day of their park hoppper just to go in to the park to eat, kwim? Someplace in DTD or one of the hotels would be nice.

And, I also wanted to suggest that lunch on Wed should probably be a counter service since at that point in the day only a handful of the ladies will already be there. Having a counter service lunch the first day worked out nicely last time. If you were there, you showed up for lunch and looked for all the lime green shirts. Easy.

So discuss amongst yourselves... Feel free to offer any suggestions! Keep in mind of course that although the trip seems long, time flies by and there simply isn't enough time to fit in all the yummy food Disney has to offer so we'll all have to compromise on some things. Thanks, ladies!! Now, let's talk FOOD!

Last edited by mommaU4; 10-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #951
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Total outsiders are totally welcome! My name is Melody. Very nice to meet you.

We have had a few ladies that have come from the east, but i don't we have had an Ohioan. Always fun to have new ladies join, no matter where you are from.

So, I have been meaning to listen to the Podcast lately, but haven't had the chance. I guess I need to, considering we must have been mentioned. How fun! Do you do Podcasts also? Is that how you know Mary Jo?
Hey everyone!

Melody, Daisy is from Ohio!!

We're back from a weekend in Mexico, now getting ready for our DL family trip we won this weekend. I definitely need a vacation to recover from my vacations!!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #952
mommaU4

Also, just an FYI, I have two Walk in Walt's Footsteps tours listed just in case we need two. One for Thursday for those who will be arriving Wednesday, which is quite a bit of you. And, one for Saturday for those who will miss the one on Thursday.

Keep in mind, attending the tour on Saturday will basically mean missing out on the tiara/princess photo as those both take place in the morning around the same time.

I'm not entirely sure we are going to need two tour times though. It seems like the interest was strong, until the price was posted! Not that I blame anyone. That is too expensive for a tour...imo.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #953
sierranevada
DISDiva

Beth - my suggestions

Wed - what about dinner somewhere at Garden Walk for a change? Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs?

Thursday Lunch - maybe meet up at Jolly Holiday Bakery?

Friday - since the hunt is in DCA this year, I would suggest maybe doing the group photo in front of the CCR fountain. I know it would be breaking tradition but logistically would make sense. But if everyone still wants the castle photo - we would just have to make sure we start it right at park opening to allow time to finish photo and then get everyone over to DCA

Friday Lunch - I will let you know what would work best for meeting up after the hunt

I think we need a dinner (or lunch) at CCR - maybe Friday night?

It would be nice to meet up for lunch at Flo's one of the days - just not sure about the seating. It might be hard with our large group

What about Plaza Inn for a character breakfast?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #954
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada
Beth - my suggestions

Wed - what about dinner somewhere at Garden Walk for a change? Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs?

Friday - since the hunt is in DCA this year, I would suggest maybe doing the group photo in front of the CCR fountain. I know it would be breaking tradition but logistically would make sense. But if everyone still wants the castle photo - we would just have to make sure we start it right at park opening to allow time to finish photo and then get everyone over to DCA

Friday Lunch - I will let you know what would work best for meeting up after the hunt

It would be nice to meet up for lunch at Flo's one of the days - just not sure about the seating. It might be hard with our large group

I think your plan for Friday makes a lot of sense. I'd hate to have to run back and forth between the parks first thing in the morning to get a picture.
Do you think there's enough space for all of us near the fountain! If not, maybe we could meet at the WOC viewing area and get a pic with Paradise Pier in the background?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #955
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

And I think a late breakfast at Plaza Inn would be fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #956
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I've never been to the Plaza Inn, so I would be ok with that! Actually I think I am ok with anything. Would really love a breakfast at Surf's Up, since I can never seem to find Stitch anywhere else, but I understand if not everybody else wants to go there.

Also still deciding if I want to do the scavenger hunt or not. I'd like to take at least a bit of time to go around on my own and take photos/shop, etc. So I think I might use that time to do that.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #957
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HI Tammy, Tina and AmyOkraSue!
Hi Mel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Ah, San Diego is my dream location to live in. Maybe some day I'll make it back to Southern California and live there. I actually grew up in Long Beach, and went to Disneyland on a regular basis until I got transferred to Ohio 19 years ago. I've only been back a handful of times since then. I currently live in the Columbus area.

sayhello

After graduating from Ohio State, and living in CT for a year, I lived in Victorian village for 6 years, working in Gahanna. I would move back to Columbus tomorrow if I could. I am not a city person, I like green and seasons, and San Diego Public schools suck bad. Oh, and I have found that S. Californians for much of the population are so "not real" compared to midwesterners. My straight forward calling a spade a shovel has not made it easy to fit in. Maybe we could swap lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post

A trifecta of supply issues. The refinery fire at Chevron. Then Exxon was offline in SoCal. Then they had a leak in a delivery pipeline somewhere in between that shut that down for a day or two. All leads to not enough gas to go around which spikes the price 10-20 cents PER episode. Ugh. Then of course, when the price goes up, the taxes increase too. It just snowballs. Bleh. They say the prices should start to slide back down this week. Then, Nov 1 they can start selling the "winter blend" which is cheaper. Apparently, the CA govt has petitioned the EPA to let them start selling the winter blend early since they have PLENTY of that on hand. Don't think that will happen soon enough to be much help though.

I read all of that too. Made my head ache.

[UOTE=mommaU4;46382956]Good morning, ladies!

That's fine. Saturday is the group tiara photo with the princesses and the Small World group ride, so who ever is doing the tour will probably miss that as they are both in the morning.[/QUOTE]

TIARAS!!!!!! Hurrah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Beth - my suggestions

Are we still wearing Tiaras? If so, I am so utterly and completely in agreement. If not, well, might be a wee pouty.

Hello everyone. I am not much of a group meal participant, so do not have a lot to add with the thoughts of meals and the like, but TIARAS? That is serious stuff.

Last edited by grumpyvet; 10-08-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #958
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

I heard we were talking about food so here I am! Rancho del Zocalo was a great place to meet the first day, very easy to find the other lime green shirts arriving.

I'm excited for the Fantasmic Dessert, it'll be my first time and my birthday

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian Divas!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #959
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Beth - my suggestions

Garden Walk would be fun. It's kind of far though. Might be tough for those with mobility issues.

As for the group photo before the hunt, I agree it should be in DCA since it needs to be convenient to the start of the hunt. And, it's not really breaking tradition because we have done the group photo other places such as in front of the floral Mickey.

Yeah, just let me know about the hunt ending point. If y'all made it close to Flo's we could work lunch in there that day.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #960
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Are we still wearing Tiaras? If so, I am so utterly and completely in agreement. If not, well, might be a wee pouty.

Hello everyone. I am not much of a group meal participant, so do not have a lot to add with the thoughts of meals and the like, but TIARAS? That is serious stuff.
Tiaras are very serious. I agree.

But, no worries, the group photo before the hunt in DCA is not the same as the princess photo on Saturday. That photo and the tiaras are sacred. LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: