Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #916
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
I just read MaryJo's review of the new tour, and it sounds amazing!! Hopefully, by the end of December we'll know if we're going to have a Diva group doing that, because otherwise I'll be going on my solo New Year's Eve trip.
There is going to be a group of the Divas taking that tour. We just have to work out which day and how many, because the tour only accommodates up to 15 if I remember correctly.
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #917
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Question on the sweatshirts .... do they run about the same size as Hanes or Fruit of the Loom? If so I'll go to WalMart and try some on this weekend. Mel once I figure out the sizes I'll pm you a final order.
Linda - here are the product measurements on the mens styles:

F258 Sport-Tek http://www.apparelvideos.com/cs/Cata...productId=F258

Hanes Zip Front: http://www.apparelvideos.com/cs/Cata...productId=F283

And the Ladies Sport Tek: http://www.apparelvideos.com/cs/Cata...productId=L265
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #918
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Thank you so much! I'll let you know if we have to do it that way.

I've lived near a corn maze for about 8 years now, and still haven't made it over there! I really need to check it out! I'd also like to take Seth to a pumpkin patch. I've never been to one of those either.

Can Canadian friends be involved in the Pampered Chef stuff? I'd like to take a look at least.
I'm not sure, if you friend me I'll add you to the invite and we can find out. If not maybe we can still have you order and I'll ship it to you....it's a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Ooooo..... that's the one down in Dixon at Milk Farm, isn't it? I've always thought about doing it, but I know I'd get lost and end up having to be rescued. LOL
Yup, Guinness World Book winner for largest corn maze, it's like 53 acres. It was HUGE!! Took us 2 hours to do it and we had someone who is really amazing at mapping who led us through it! LOL After the 3rd bridge we ran into some people who were completely lost so we told them to follow us out. LOL They'd been there since 7 so when they went in it was still a little light out. We finished at 10. The only bad thing, Jade lost her phone somewhere in there. I sent them a message to see if they have a lost & found at all but I'm not thinking we will ever see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Lisa, I kind of thought the two companies were related.

Kerri, the minimum order was 12 items. I have around 26 orders so far. But to get the set up charge waived, I need to have 30 to 36 orders. So I'm getting close!
Thanks, I had a couple designs I sort of wanted printed on shirts/tanks/sweatshirts but our local place wants 25 pieces of the same thing to be ordered, sounds like your guy is much more flexible so I may ask you for his info. I'm not sure anyone remembers but Cassidy designed some HM shirts for us, I wanted to get them done professionally for her as a gift so I might contact your guy to see if he can do them for me. I could feasibly come up with 12 items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
TGIF, ladies!!

I can't wait for tonight! We're going to the Ren Faire. I just love it there. I get to drool over all the gorgeous clothing they have for sale that I cannot afford.
If I can walk that is. I spent several hours cleaning and running errands yesterday, and was on my feet most of the day. By evening my foot was really in bad shape. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I do not like not being able to walk, or rather if I do a lot of walking, having to pay for it later. I guess I should make that doctor appt after all.

I also canceled my hotel room for later this month at Hojo. I hated to do it because I was looking forward to seeing everyone that wasn't there this past weekend. But, Noelle has a play those days. Her first big role! And, even though she said it was fine for me to miss it, I was feeling that darn mommy guilt. So, between that and my foot, I figured it was best to sit this one out. Oh well.


Anyway, hope you all have a great day! TTYL!
Have fun at Faire!!! If you go I think you should see a dr if it's that bad. Micah's got it but it never hurts so bad he can't walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Some exciting news!

I have 30 orders, so I am sure from here on out, we will not have the set up fee charged to us!!

YAY!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
There is going to be a group of the Divas taking that tour. We just have to work out which day and how many, because the tour only accommodates up to 15 if I remember correctly.
I'm interested in the tour as well. I wonder if we might need to set up more then one.

I'm soooooooo glad it's Friday, I have so much to do and no time to do it but once I leave today I don't have to come back for 2 days. lol We aren't closed on Monday so I have to come in then but that's OK I guess. I just wish work would chill a little, I'm so pushed this week to get stuff done...... ugh!
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #919
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube
 
VintageDisneyRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 1,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Some exciting news!

I have 30 orders, so I am sure from here on out, we will not have the set up fee charged to us!!

YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
There is going to be a group of the Divas taking that tour. We just have to work out which day and how many, because the tour only accommodates up to 15 if I remember correctly.
Put me on the list please! On FB we were saying it would work best on Sat. since the scavy hunt is Fri. and some go home on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. DH, Nicole, Bill and Violet and I are going to the Avocado Festival in Carpenteria tomorrow, we have a hotel nearby right on the beach. Then on Sunday we're going to the Harvest Festival at the Ventura fairgrounds. I'll be trying avocado ice cream! In fact I'll be trying anything and everything made with avo's. Love them!
__________________
,
VintageDisneyRules is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #920
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube
 
VintageDisneyRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 1,480

Oh my goodness, the WIWF tour is $87.00 !!!!
Wasn't it something like $59.00 last time?
__________________
,
VintageDisneyRules is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #921
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Oh my goodness, the WIWF tour is $87.00 !!!!
Wasn't it something like $59.00 last time?
I thought it was close to $80 when I took it, before the AP discount. I guess so many people have AP's for DL that they have bumped the price? Plus they do a new tour, so they are probably getting more sign ups. Hopefully it will keep them from jacking the AP price obscenely next year.....
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #922
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

I was at WalMart today and saw these in the mens department. I can so see Rochelle with the Domo hat.....

__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #923
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I thought it was close to $80 when I took it, before the AP discount. I guess so many people have AP's for DL that they have bumped the price? Plus they do a new tour, so they are probably getting more sign ups. Hopefully it will keep them from jacking the AP price obscenely next year.....
Also, the tour is letting people peek into Walt's apartment. Sure they thought that was worth the price hike. But still, that is pricey!
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #924
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva
 
QueenDoOver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,708

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourMaire83 View Post
Now you guys got me wanting to go to a corn maze! It's raining a lot tonight in Orlando.

And I have good news! I have a secondary interview with Disney spa! It's on Tuesday. I'm guessing it's for facials, since I heard from a colleague that massage interviews are Thur, Fri and Sat... We'll see! I'm confident in both so I'm not nervous, just excited
How exciting! Good luck on the interview. If I ever make it back to DW I will come and see you. I love the GF!


Well it's official gals, that view I posted the other day will be mine come Dec 1st. We finally finished negotiations after 28 days. It was a tough one as it had been on the market for 3 years and was a sale as a result of divorce with one spouse not wanting to sell and move at all! But we hung in there and finally have ironed out the details. It is a big stretch for us, but I think it will be worth it. The view comes with an acre of property at the end of a culdesac in a great neighborhood. It is partially wooded, partially landscaped, has a full sports court and a great basement that will be a wonderful man/kid cave. I am really excited!

Sadly, our cruise to Alaska is in jeopardy, but I don't have to decide on that for a while. Maybe I will sell a whole bunch of houses and it will become a mute point. I also have a spring break trip planned to Washington DC area and will probably be cancelling that.
I am not cancelling the Diva trip if I can help it! I have my airfare booked already. The one thing I am going to do is reduce my costs a bit by changing my ticket options. Right now I have an annual pass (not yet activated) that I bought at last years prices. Since the family will for sure not be going back in 2013, I don't think I need that pass.
So if anyone is interested in taking that off my hands, send me a PM. It does have to be activated by Dec 31st.
Sadly I won't be doing the new tour although it does sound wonderful!
Being house poor is going to suck for a while!
__________________
QueenDoOver is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #925
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us
 
BillyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver


Well it's official gals, that view I posted the other day will be mine come Dec 1st. We finally finished negotiations after 28 days. It was a tough one as it had been on the market for 3 years and was a sale as a result of divorce with one spouse not wanting to sell and move at all! But we hung in there and finally have ironed out the details. It is a big stretch for us, but I think it will be worth it. The view comes with an acre of property at the end of a culdesac in a great neighborhood. It is partially wooded, partially landscaped, has a full sports court and a great basement that will be a wonderful man/kid cave. I am really excited!

Sadly, our cruise to Alaska is in jeopardy, but I don't have to decide on that for a while. Maybe I will sell a whole bunch of houses and it will become a mute point. I also have a spring break trip planned to Washington DC area and will probably be cancelling that.
I am not cancelling the Diva trip if I can help it! I have my airfare booked already. The one thing I am going to do is reduce my costs a bit by changing my ticket options. Right now I have an annual pass (not yet activated) that I bought at last years prices. Since the family will for sure not be going back in 2013, I don't think I need that pass.
So if anyone is interested in taking that off my hands, send me a PM. It does have to be activated by Dec 31st.
Sadly I won't be doing the new tour although it does sound wonderful!
Being house poor is going to suck for a while!
Congrats on the new home, it sounds amazing! I hope your planned trips work out for you, but if not, you know there will always be other vacations. Of course, we WILL SEE see you on the Diva trip


Hello ladies!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________

BillyFan is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #926
TTLee
Earning My Ears
 
TTLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3

Hello Ladies... Woohoo I remembered how to do this.. I'm sorry but I am on FB more than here

I would love a zip sweatshirt I hope i am replying correctly

Capri. They say ( thanks to the long island medium) that is the sprits way of saying they are with you.
Also with the chubby comment.,. Please knock that of before I see you..lol you are not at all chubby..

Beth now I am really kicking myself in the butt for not being able to see you while I was in Vegas..

I can't wait for the mini meet.. I will she the ladies that are going in 2 weeks
TTLee is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #927
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Well it's official gals, that view I posted the other day will be mine come Dec 1st. We finally finished negotiations after 28 days.
Congrats! Sounds like an AWESOME place!
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #928
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,417
DISboards Moderator

OK, so I heard about this trip on the Disneyland Podcast, and I'm starting to seriously consider it. I already have 2 trips planned for 2013, so it would need to be a quick in-and-out trip (which is hard seeing as I have family in LA). Would be coming from Ohio. So what do you guys think? Total outsider to the Disneyland board, making Mary Jo spend even more time with me next year?

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #929
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World
 
pixidustmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Some exciting news!

I have 30 orders, so I am sure from here on out, we will not have the set up fee charged to us!!

YAY!
Oh Yay!! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
There is going to be a group of the Divas taking that tour. We just have to work out which day and how many, because the tour only accommodates up to 15 if I remember correctly.
I want to do this but don't want to spend that much $$ so I think I will have to pass on it. It sure sounds good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I was at WalMart today and saw these in the mens department. I can so see Rochelle with the Domo hat.....

Those are really cute. Weird they were in the meds department though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
How exciting! Good luck on the interview. If I ever make it back to DW I will come and see you. I love the GF!


Well it's official gals, that view I posted the other day will be mine come Dec 1st. We finally finished negotiations after 28 days. It was a tough one as it had been on the market for 3 years and was a sale as a result of divorce with one spouse not wanting to sell and move at all! But we hung in there and finally have ironed out the details. It is a big stretch for us, but I think it will be worth it. The view comes with an acre of property at the end of a culdesac in a great neighborhood. It is partially wooded, partially landscaped, has a full sports court and a great basement that will be a wonderful man/kid cave. I am really excited!

Sadly, our cruise to Alaska is in jeopardy, but I don't have to decide on that for a while. Maybe I will sell a whole bunch of houses and it will become a mute point. I also have a spring break trip planned to Washington DC area and will probably be cancelling that.
I am not cancelling the Diva trip if I can help it! I have my airfare booked already. The one thing I am going to do is reduce my costs a bit by changing my ticket options. Right now I have an annual pass (not yet activated) that I bought at last years prices. Since the family will for sure not be going back in 2013, I don't think I need that pass.
So if anyone is interested in taking that off my hands, send me a PM. It does have to be activated by Dec 31st.
Sadly I won't be doing the new tour although it does sound wonderful!
Being house poor is going to suck for a while!
Congrats on the new home. Sounds amazing. I really wish I could add a AP to my Xmas list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
OK, so I heard about this trip on the Disneyland Podcast, and I'm starting to seriously consider it. I already have 2 trips planned for 2013, so it would need to be a quick in-and-out trip (which is hard seeing as I have family in LA). Would be coming from Ohio. So what do you guys think? Total outsider to the Disneyland board, making Mary Jo spend even more time with me next year?

Sayhello
I say come and join us. I can't wait. It will be my first one. Missed out on last years due to medical emerg. So this year is going to be so good.

Beth and Jane, can't wait to meet up tomorrow.

I wanted to share my new tattoo. I had the blue and red one but his gun was acting up and it was very faded. So he fixed those and I had him add a purple one.
The blue represents my grandson Tristen, Red is my grand daughter Khloe, and the purple is my soon to be new grand daughter Noelani. I have room for my other daughter to have one more baby but I hope they stop at that.

__________________

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #930
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Michelle - the tat is lovely, but OUCH! I'm a total pain wimp. LOL
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.