Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #871
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Hi everyone!

Not much to report. I turned in a few MORE applications last week (one for a substitute position, and two for para-educator positions). Just so you know, I'm not holding my breath....as that would be entirely too dangerous.

At least I keep trying, right?

I went shopping yesterday and actually bought some cute things for myself (Well, as cute as they can be when you're chubby like me. ) And I didn't even feel guilty about it. The only bummer was that a particular song I used in my dad's memorial slide show started playing in the store and it made me tear up. A song that you NEVER hear. Like, ever. It totally caught me off guard.

Oh, and I'm down to the 2 WEEK mark until we go on vacation! YAY!

Melody - Can't wait to see the shirt design! Glad you had fun this weekend seeing the girls.

Lisa - Sorry about the shower faucet fiasco. Love your redneck solution though - HA!

Becci - Hey missy, great to see you here!

Beth - Hope your foot is feeling better!

Katie - How are you? Hope the move went well.

Cheryl - So glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope your PT goes well!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #872
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Who wants a sweatshirt?? Or tote? Or hat? Or....?

Hello ladies!! This was a post from Melody on Facebook, but I am copying it here as well for those few who aren't on FB.
Mel, I sent you a PM. Let me know about the info on size and bling or no bling. Thanks!

I found the guy who usually prints my stuff up. Yay, he moved to a new location. Whew! Some of you were interested in a hoodie with last year's design, so I asked about making up zippered hoodies from the "DisDivaland" image. (This should not be confused with this years new Carsland themed shirt, that will be a separate order at a later time.)
If interested, they will be printed on your choice of either dark navy blue or black. I picked out a nicer quality sweatshirt, since this could be something used for years. All sizes are available for the sweatshirt, but there will be no bling added to any items printed. (Unless you do it yourself after you receive it)

Here are links to some of the items available along with the sizing information. Please keep in mind the prices you will see listed here do NOT include the cost of printing so those prices will vary. More info on that is on our Facebook page or can be sent to you in a PM. No prices can be discussed here. Thanks.

Tote
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...s/b.jsp?id=767

Zip Sweatshirt True Navy
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...atch=True+Navy

Pullover Hoody
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp....jsp?id=111192

Full zip No Hood
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...b.jsp?id=17719

Womens Pant
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...jsp?id=6282291

We need at least 12 orders to print them up, and that can include hoodies, totes, etc. He said anything printable will work.
The price will then vary depending on how many orders we get, but 35 or more orders will help lower the price. Please see the Diva's Facebook page, or PM me, for the actual dollar amount. ALSO PLEASE PM ME THROUGH THE DIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I keep track over here. All requests need to be in to me before the end of this month. Thanks ladies!

Last edited by mommaU4; 10-03-2012 at 05:27 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #873
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post

I went shopping yesterday and actually bought some cute things for myself (Well, as cute as they can be when you're chubby like me. ) And I didn't even feel guilty about it. The only bummer was that a particular song I used in my dad's memorial slide show started playing in the store and it made me tear up. A song that you NEVER hear. Like, ever. It totally caught me off guard.
First, hugs for you. I'm sure that was hard, but in a way kind of special. I mean, to hear a song that is never heard in a store, and it was one that you used? It's like a reminder that your dad's memory is always close to your heart. I'm sorry you were so sad though.

Second, I'm gonna smack you if you say you are chubby again! You know I will.... and I'll enjoy it, too.

Third, good luck on the applications!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #874
wendypooh22
Sometimes I'm a little Grumpy
He kept asking me to ride "The tiny world" ride

Capri, when things like that happen I just imagine that it's their way of saying hi to me...

Good Luck with your applications! Oh and I agree with Beth.... knock that chubby talk off....
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #875
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
Jen, I can't believe you did the Tough Mudder. My co-worker did that race this past weekend and was describing it - everything from the plunge into ice cold water to crawling under high voltage wire! Big congrats to you for finishing that race.

Beth, I hope your foot gets better. PF can take a while to heal but the tennis balls help.

I agree with everyone. Is it only Tuesday Wish the week would speed up.
My ex-SIL did the Mudder, she was sharing photos and bruises the other day at dinner. LOL I said I'd be the one going around everything.....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi Becci!

Nice to see you!

Had a wonderful weekend with the Divas! So wonderful to see you guys.

Got lots done on the scavvy hunt!

Everyone seemed to like the tee shirt design, so it is a go!
As soon as the design has been refined, I will have Beth help me post it on here.

On another note, I'm making French Onion soup for dinner. It smells wonderful in here.
mmmm French Onion is my fave, recipe please? Although it's too hot for soup right now......lol

Quote:
I am so sorry for the confusion.

I showed the ladies last weekend the design in person, and asked for their approval. They seemed happy, so now I need my son Derrick to finish it up. It was a pretty rough draft. Maybe if I can figure it out, I will get that image on here anyway.
Got it, I was wondering the same thing, where I could go see it. I'm excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello ladies!! This was a post from Melody on Facebook, but I am copying it here as well for those few who aren't on FB.
Mel, I sent you a PM. Let me know about the info on size and bling or no bling. Thanks!

I found the guy who usually prints my stuff up. Yay, he moved to a new location. Whew! Some of you were interested in a hoodie with last year's design, so I asked about making up zippered hoodies from the "DisDivaland" image. (This should not be confused with this years new Carsland themed shirt, that will be a separate order at a later time.)
If interested, they will be printed on your choice of either dark navy blue or black. I picked out a nicer quality sweatshirt, since this could be something used for years. All sizes are available for the sweatshirt, but there will be no bling added to any items printed. (Unless you do it yourself after you receive it)

We need at least 12 orders to print them up, and that can include hoodies, totes, etc. He said anything printable will work.
The price will then vary depending on how many orders we get, but 35 or more orders will help lower the price. Please see the Diva's Facebook page, or PM me, for the actual dollar amount. ALSO PLEASE PM ME THROUGH THE DIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I keep track over here. All requests need to be in to me before the end of this month. Thanks ladies!
I PM'd Melody and let her know I was interested in a sweatshirt. I think she has my name on file already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Hi everyone!

Not much to report. I turned in a few MORE applications last week (one for a substitute position, and two for para-educator positions). Just so you know, I'm not holding my breath....as that would be entirely too dangerous.

At least I keep trying, right?

Oh, and I'm down to the 2 WEEK mark until we go on vacation! YAY!

Melody - Can't wait to see the shirt design! Glad you had fun this weekend seeing the girls.

Lisa - Sorry about the shower faucet fiasco. Love your redneck solution though - HA!

Becci - Hey missy, great to see you here!

Beth - Hope your foot is feeling better!

Katie - How are you? Hope the move went well.

Cheryl - So glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope your PT goes well!
Good luck on the job search, it took me 10 months.

Well, the A's won last night!!! They are now tied for first place with the Rangers!! OMG I hope they win today's game!!!!! This is pretty darn exciting. lol It would amazing if we could get a Bay Bridge World Series again!! OMG!
tonight I have to catch up on EVERYthing that I let slide the last few days. lol So, laundry, cleaning, crafting, it all has to be done. lol I also have to figure something out for dinner but that won't be too hard. AND I have a DVR full of stuff to watch. lol Such a hard life....hahahahaha

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #876
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
My ex-SIL did the Mudder, she was sharing photos and bruises the other day at dinner. LOL I said I'd be the one going around everything.....LOL

Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #877
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:

Thanks Beth!
I also saw that you posted on Facebook for me too. More thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #878
mommaU4

Quote:
Thanks Beth!
I also saw that you posted on Facebook for me too. More thanks!
You're welcome.
I got your email, and added those links to the post above as well as posted them on the FB page.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #879
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:

Here are links to some of the items available along with the sizing information. Please keep in mind the prices you will see listed here do NOT include the cost of printing so those prices will vary. More info on that is on our Facebook page or can be sent to you in a PM. No prices can be discussed here. Thanks.

Tote
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...s/b.jsp?id=767

Zip Sweatshirt True Navy
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...atch=True+Navy

Pullover Hoody
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp....jsp?id=111192

Full zip No Hood
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...b.jsp?id=17719

Womens Pant
http://www.companycasuals.com/smithp...jsp?id=6282291

Check out the sizing on the zip up sweatshirts. They are form fitting and look like they run small.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #880
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Check out the sizing on the zip up sweatshirts. They are form fitting and look like they run small.
Trudi, thought I'd look farther for a men's zipper, which I thought I had seen before. I found one. I'll have Beth post that style also. #F258 if you look into it.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #881
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Capri, I had a similar experience with a song playing randomly in a cafe that was from my mom's memorial slide show. Again, the song was not typical for the setting I was in so I agree with what Wendy said

Good luck with the job search. I am sending good rain thoughts and good job thoughts your way

Melody and Beth - thanks for posting all the info about the t-shirts. Melody, I loved your comment about posting the picture of the design and can relate. ; ) I had to ask Beth to post pictures for me on the Halloween thread. I have the click my I Phone and post it on FB down - lol- but um, that is the extent of my technical mastery. Sigh. ; )

Last edited by nwdisgal; 10-03-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #882
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:
Trudi, thought I'd look farther for a men's zipper, which I thought I had seen before. I found one. I'll have Beth post that style also. #F258 if you look into it.
Thanks. I'll check it out. I really don't think the womens would work for me. I like a non form fitting so I'd have to order larger and then the lenght and sleves would be too long.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #883
mommaU4

Quote:
Here's the link to the men's version:
http://portauthoritywholesale.com/sm...rentId=7794695
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #884
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:
Here's the link to the men's version:
http://portauthoritywholesale.com/sm...rentId=7794695
Thanks. Gotta say it looks form fitting on that guy too. I'm just hard to fit and can never buy clothes online because they never fit right. How does the mens and womens look to everyone else? Maybe it's just me?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #885
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Ooh, I definitely want a pullover hoody. When do we get to see the design?

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: