Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #826
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Trudi that would be awesome. As I told Cindy we are driving down on the 29th and are going to be staying I think at a Quality Inn 2 miles from the museum in Simi. Then we are going to do the 10 a.m. tour. I am planning on buying the tickets probably next month. They are timed and they said it is popular so buying in advance is a good idea. We are going on the 30th just fyi LOL.

We are going of course to see the Disney exhibit and then of course the rest LOL. Would love to meet up with you guys!!

Cindy sounds good. And no worries about your uncle. My dad and mom will be there for the beginning then dad is flying back home on the 2nd and also my 2 girls and my ex (I know it sounds weird but we are still good friends and he comes on family trips).

Should be exciting.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #827
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

I am off to denver after I get off work tomorrow morning for my niece's first birthday party! Yay for a real weekend and mini vacation!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #828
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

We're heading to California in about 15-20 minutes, as soon as the kiddo is finished getting dressed. Unfortunately we'll "only" be 8 hours from the mouse and can't visit. Normally if I'm going to drive more than 6 hours I want my Disney fix at the end. But we'll be driving for about 10 hours and all I'll get is a nice hotel and a visit to my storage shed. It could be worse, the kid gets a visit to her orthodontist on Monday morning before we turn around and come back.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 09-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #829
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Karissa, Denver is a fun city! Have a great time on your trip.

Melody, I sent you a PM. I'm interested in a zippered hoodie

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am headed to Portland to watch DS race in the Nike Pre-nationals.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #830
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
We are driving down on the 29th but will be staying up in Simi Valley and going to the Regan Museum on the 30th
I've never been to that museum. Have you been to the Disney Family Museum? My friend Nancy and I have been there once. Our tickets were for the first group, and we stayed until they closed. The coat check people said they thought we left and forgot our coats!! I guess people don't usually stay that long. We just thought it was amazing and didn't want to rush.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #831
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Kelly - the Disney exhibit at the Reagan museum is awesome! You will love it. I really like the setting where the museum is at too. Very picturesque.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #832
kelmac284

Cindy yes we went a few years back and LOVED it as well.

Pam that's awesome. We are really excited. We try to get down to Disney at least 2 or 3 times a year but we have decided that rather than spending our whole trip in the parks we like to do "other" stuff. In February we went to the Queen Mary and to Hollywood and then on our trip in June we went to Olvera Street and stayed up north on the beach so it is fun to add side trips.

This time as I mentioned we are going to the museum and also hoping to visit a historic area in LA that has houses that were on some tv shows. So looking forward to that and of course the rose parade as well. We have been twice but it was several years ago.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #833
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Luvs_Disney View Post
Jen, good luck on the run. Sounds like a lot of fun......if I ran. I' sure you'll do great.
Thanks! It was fun. And you should come! Holly and I would love to have you as a roomie again
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
The shirt design is coming along pretty good. I've seen the basic rough sketch, and had Derrick make a few small changes. But all in all, it's what I am looking for. It sure is handy having someone in the family that can draw, and is patient with their Mom.
So excited! I cannot wait until you reveal it to us
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Funny how cabana boys always come up on the DisDiva threads!!
I love a great view of a Cabana boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Tonight the family and I are going to the movies. We're going to see "The House at the End of the Street". Wanna know how much 6 tickets cost me for the 7:30 showing? A $1.25!!! Yep, that's right. There was a Fandango code online yesterday if you play Cityville on FB. I don't play it, but I was able to sign up each of my family and get 6 codes. It was only good for opening night, so we are gonna check it out later this evening. The trailer looks good. If the movie is awful, at least I'll only be out a buck twenty-five.
I went with a friend and saw this on $5 Tuesday...it was pretty good. You really got an amazing deal! woo hoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
We got a puppy last night!
So cute!!!!

What a busy weekend! We had a sleepover/campout for Brydon's birthday last night. 7 boys hopped up on sugar is madness!!! One of the boys woke me at 1am (the tent was outside of my window) with night terrors...his parents forgot to warn me. I rubbed his back and gave him an extra blanket and he quieted down. Brydon had a great time though, and that is all that matters.

While I wouldn't normally share this- shark week happened which means we can start trying for a baby again!!! Wish me luck this week?.....

Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #834
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

oh dear, I am so terribly behind. Not sure if I will ever be able to keep up. We had homecoming this weekend and it was fun to see the kids all dressed up. Between that, popcorn sales, birthday parties, soccer and work, I'm not sure if i'm comin or goin....

Kelly, am I living your life here, or what! Geesh!!!

I haven't heard here, but I hope that everyone at DL is having a wonderful time. Our fall weather has started but we are still getting close to 70 in the afternoon which is lovely fall weather! The hot weather does not sound so appealing right now, but ask me again in February!

We are still negotiating on our potential new house. Should hear back tomorrow but I am sure we will need to do another counter offer. It is just that sort of deal!

Cheryl! Are you feeling better yet?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #835
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Trudi that would be awesome. As I told Cindy we are driving down on the 29th and are going to be staying I think at a Quality Inn 2 miles from the museum in Simi. Then we are going to do the 10 a.m. tour. I am planning on buying the tickets probably next month. They are timed and they said it is popular so buying in advance is a good idea. We are going on the 30th just fyi LOL.

We are going of course to see the Disney exhibit and then of course the rest LOL. Would love to meet up with you guys!!

)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know it was a tour type thing. I thought you could just show up any time of the day and see it at your own pace. Do you know how long it last? I'll plan on going and hopefully Sarah can make it that day too. I'll keep you posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdisgal View Post
Kelly - the Disney exhibit at the Reagan museum is awesome! You will love it. I really like the setting where the museum is at too. Very picturesque.
I grew up in Simi and remember when there was nothing at all in that area. In fact there was nothing at all on that road from Simi to Thousand Oaks.

I had a great time meeting up with some of the Divas this weekend! It was a bit hot on Sat. but not too bad for me. Today was much hotter. I loved the Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Jamboree! I spent a lot of time there and over the two days saw 3 Billy shows!

Can't wait to hear how the Mouse Adventure teams did.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #836
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post

We are still negotiating on our potential new house. Should hear back tomorrow but I am sure we will need to do another counter offer. It is just that sort of deal!
Good Luck with the house!

Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #837
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

This weekend went by too quickly. We'll be on our way back up to Seattle tomorrow morning. I took the girls to see Hotel Transylvania this afternoon, we had lots of fun. Now it's off to bed for me since I'll be up early but won't get on the road until nearly noon, which means I'll be driving until nearly midnight. Yuck.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #838
sierranevada
DISDiva

Mel - I am in for zippered hoodie and tote. Will check out FB

Jen - good luck!!

Exhausted after MA yesterday in 99 degree heat!! But really enjoyed it! Had great teammates - thanks Stacie, Heather and Kandace! Relaxing in room right now before my flight!

Last edited by sierranevada; 10-02-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: relaxing not releasing!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #839
kelmac284

Tracey lol yup. Sounds like me for sure. Crazy isn't it.

Trudi yeah normally I think you could just show up but because of the special Disney exhibit they recommend getting tickets in advance. You can look up their website and it has all the details.

Jen good luck on the baby front!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #840
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies! I'm back!

It was a fun trip! Some good, some bad. For me, it was way too hot. Temps were in the mid 90's each day, and it was humid. I am not used to the humidity! And, as some of you saw on Facebook, my right foot started hurting me which kept me from doing as much as I'd hoped. I think based on the symptoms, it might be a plantar fasciitis. I'm going to make a doctor appt as soon as I can to find out for sure. In the mean time, several of you have given me good tips on what to try for relief. Thanks for that!

It was so great to see everyone though!! Even though my birthday isn't until October 24, Theresa treated me to the Ariel's Princess breakfast as an early present, as well as letting me stay with her at the Disneyland Hotel! My first time ever. I loved the light up head board. Thanks again, "Ethel"!

And, Bridget, Heather, Stacie, Theresa, and Kandace all pitched in to send me on the Happiest Haunts tour and to the Halloween party as an early present. Thanks, girls! The tour was cute! It was my first time so I didn't have anything to compare it to, but some who've been previously were saying it wasn't quite as good. In any case, I'm really glad I was able to experience it. And, we got a cool Maleficent pin at the end (my favorite villain) along with a rice krispy treat pumpkin (my favorite treat).

It was great to see Trudi, Rochelle (loved the DJ at MTP!!!), Mel, and Mary Jo. I missed seeing Katie because my stupid foot was hurting me, so I had to cancel on dinner the last night.

Knott's Scary Farm on Thursday with my family was a lot of fun! The kids loved it. Even the twins, who I was worried would be scared. They did great. And, it was not crowded at all. We walked up and in to the mazes and rides.

Over all, it was a really nice trip. I didn't take very many photos, but what little I did take, I will try to post on FB later tonight.

I am supposed to go again on October 18. I have all the plans set and was really looking forward to seeing more of the ladies, but now between the crowds, the heat and my dumb foot, I am sort of on the fence. I'll have to wait and see as it gets closer if I'll make it down again or not.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well! Happy October 1st.

Last edited by mommaU4; 10-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: