Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #781
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post

Mel, just checking if I had missed the new shirts being ordered?

lol
Nope! Not taking them yet. More like in November or so.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #782
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies! I'm going to Disneyland!!!

Well, not quite yet, but soon! The bus leaves today around 3:30. I should arrive sometime around 8. Can't wait to see all those going again!

As most of you know, I do not have one of those fancy phones, so I won't be able to check in while I'm away. I'll see y'all on Sunday night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
I can't wait to get my AP so that I can meet up with divas all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I am sooo going to keep an eye out for beverage containers.
Me, too! I don't know exactly what I want, but I'll know it when I see it. I was something funny....and very redneck looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post

Mel, just checking if I had missed the new shirts being ordered?

Did someone say cheesecake? I am in a completion at work for losing weight. I want to win but geeze those pictures put a few pounds on me lol
Don't worry. You won't miss the sign ups for the shirts (or anything else for that matter) unless you go live under a rock. LOL Everything gets posted here, on FB, in messages, and on the front page. The thread title also gets updated for anything new.
Good luck on the weight loss!! I must be in a competition to gain....
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #783
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Have fun in Disneyland Beth! Same with the rest of you that are going. Hope it's a blast.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #784
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hellooooooooo ladies!

We used to call them things bota bags too.

Hi Amy! It's always fun to have you around. You have the best humor!!

Linda, Glad you decided to come chat with us again.

Lisa, I was just in Vegas. I missed my opportunity.

Hey, I was just going through all of my tees right before I got on. It was my attention to PM some of our newbies about leftover purple tees. I have a few extras from last year that I will give away for free. The reason being, is that they are slightly crooked, and I took them back to get redone. Well he gave back the reprinted good ones, and the crooked ones also. So if anyone wants one, give me a PM.

Also, I am going to be PMing some of you newbies about the pink tee. I need to know if you want bling.

Beth, what day are you leaving?
I would like some bling on my pink tee I'll pass on the purple though, I love them but you don't have my size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning, ladies! I'm going to Disneyland!!!

Well, not quite yet, but soon! The bus leaves today around 3:30. I should arrive sometime around 8. Can't wait to see all those going again!

As most of you know, I do not have one of those fancy phones, so I won't be able to check in while I'm away. I'll see y'all on Sunday night!

Me, too! I don't know exactly what I want, but I'll know it when I see it. I was something funny....and very redneck looking.

Don't worry. You won't miss the sign ups for the shirts (or anything else for that matter) unless you go live under a rock. LOL Everything gets posted here, on FB, in messages, and on the front page. The thread title also gets updated for anything new.
Good luck on the weight loss!! I must be in a competition to gain....
Beth have fun!!!! I'm jealous!
I know exactly what I want for the Slug Mug exchange.....hahahahahaha
I'm ready for Friday, who else?? lol The girls' Grandma is supposed to be in town today, she's supposed to come get them for a while tonight after I get off work. I think she's planning to take them to dinner. They don't know yet, I was thinking I'd let her surprise them.
That means I need to figure out dinner for Micah and I. I took some pork chops out of the freezer but I don't think I'll make them tonight, I'll save them for tomorrow instead. Maybe he and I will go out as well, without the kids. lol Depends on when he gets back from work tonight.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #785
sameyeyam
Cancer didn't take my life, it made me live it!

So I'm merrily floating along with life in general...when it suddenly occurs to me that I just assumed everyone knew I was going on the Dis Diva's trip. Despite the fact that I haven't posted on the DIS in several months.

I think I'm just about ready.

Giant jar of change that I've been saving up all year for spending money (don't worry, I'll just rent a scooter to haul it around). CHECK!

$200 sneakers & personal trainer so I can outrun everyone (or at least be able to leap over strollers) in the Scavenger Hunt. CHECK!

Two tin cans with string (gotta bring my Redneck cell phone). CHECK!

Suitcase full of colored t-shirts that I only wear once a year (because somebody in the grocery store seen the DIS DIVAS on the back of my purple shirt and asked me if I was in a gang!). CHECK!

Disneyland here I come!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #786
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Have fun in Disneyland Beth! Same with the rest of you that are going. Hope it's a blast.
Thanks. I think we're going to have a blast, as well as get a blast of heat!
Oh well, what can ya do, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post

Beth have fun!!!! I'm jealous!
Maybe he and I will go out as well, without the kids. lol Depends on when he gets back from work tonight.
Thanks, Kerri! And if you do go out tonight sans children, have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameyeyam View Post
So I'm merrily floating along with life in general...when it suddenly occurs to me that I just assumed everyone knew I was going on the Dis Diva's trip. Despite the fact that I haven't posted on the DIS in several months.

I think I'm just about ready.

Giant jar of change that I've been saving up all year for spending money (don't worry, I'll just rent a scooter to haul it around). CHECK!

$200 sneakers & personal trainer so I can outrun everyone (or at least be able to leap over strollers) in the Scavenger Hunt. CHECK!

Two tin cans with string (gotta bring my Redneck cell phone). CHECK!

Suitcase full of colored t-shirts that I only wear once a year (because somebody in the grocery store seen the DIS DIVAS on the back of my purple shirt and asked me if I was in a gang!). CHECK!

Disneyland here I come!!!!
Well, hello there Miss Alison! Good to see you here. I've added you to the attendee list and the Meet and Greet list. Do you know for sure if Michelle/Alex2kMommy is coming to the party? I'm assuming she is...

I had to laugh about you being asked if you were in a gang.
And, I see you are ready to get serious about the scavenger hunt. Although, to outrun me, you'd only need to walk briskly.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #787
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Okay, I think I got my tickers fixed Tech traumatizes me on a regular basis.

Have fun everyone going for Halloweentime!! I hope to join you for Halloween next year.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #788
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameyeyam View Post

:
This is so funny because everytime I look at the back of my purple shirt I think the lettering looks gangish. Sorry Mel.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #789
sameyeyam
Cancer didn't take my life, it made me live it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Well, hello there Miss Alison! Good to see you here. I've added you to the attendee list and the Meet and Greet list. Do you know for sure if Michelle/Alex2kMommy is coming to the party? I'm assuming she is...

I had to laugh about you being asked if you were in a gang.
And, I see you are ready to get serious about the scavenger hunt. Although, to outrun me, you'd only need to walk briskly.
Thanks for adding me to the lists. I'm not sure if Michelle is coming or not, but I think she's trying to swing it. I will email & ask her.

I'm not really sure what the other lady in the store was thinking when she asked me if I was in a gang. While I know there are gangs everywhere, I highly suspect that a 40yo lady grocery shopping at Safeway with a coupon binder, in a small town of about 4,000 people is not your usual gang member. But then again, maybe it is in my town!

Yes I am totally serious about the scavenger hunt. I've upped my Zumba schedule to 3x a week so I can be light on my feet. Of course I'm still blind as a bat, run into strollers and small children and suck at Disney trivia. But other then that I should be able to win...since I still believe in miracles.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #790
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Oy vey. The kiddo has changed her mind. We were going to fly to Florida and spend her sweet 16 at POR in a princess room and have dinner at the castle and all that fun stuff. I was sitting here changing my ticker for that as her new school has different spring break dates so we wouldn't be able to go on her birthday, but soon after. I showed her the picture that I had posted of California Screamin' and said something about how I wished Disney World had one there. Now she's decided that we should go to Disneyland for her birthday instead. Thank Bob I hadn't already started the reservations!

She decided that it's less expensive, so I can spend more money on her, and she likes Disneyland rides better. We both want to go back to WDW in the future, but of course, Disneyland is our favorite park. Spring break is going to be stupid, I know, but that's okay.

Now I have to figure out the special stuff I'm going to do for her. I had already planned stuff at WDW, but DLR is very different. FUN!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #791
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Drive by Hi!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #792
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Okay, I think I got my tickers fixed Tech traumatizes me on a regular basis.

Have fun everyone going for Halloweentime!! I hope to join you for Halloween next year.
Congrats on the tickers. I can't get mine next to each other no matter what I do, so I got one of the "rotating" kind. LOL

Old 09-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #793
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Hi Alison!! Good to see you and your funny self! LOL! I never even thought about the lettering on the back of the shirts. Ha ha! I just wanted a Disney style font, and the "i' marked with a Mickey head.
Hmm? Now I need to relook.

This message is good for Trudi also.

Heather, Disneyland for your DD birthday sounds like so much fun!

Kerri, I have you down for bling on the pink.

Andrea and Cindy, Thanks for the well wishes on our mini meet this weekend. I'm leaving Friday morning.

Cindy, Computer stuff is not my thing either. I usually have to ask someone here for help. I'm already dreading how to post pics of the Halloween exchange.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #794
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

I am so excited and relieved.

I did some calling today on the tee shirt print shop. Well, he did not sell his shop, he moved! Into a nicer and bigger location! Whew and yay, yay, yay!

So I got some bids on the sweat shirts.

Maybe I need to back up a bit. I have had ladies ask me if we could use last year's image to print on a hoodie. This is the pink tee image for you newbies. We can have pullovers or zippers.

This is how it is going to work. If I get 36 orders, I do not have to pay a set up fee. Anything lower is going to cost for set up. They also have to change up the layout, so it can be printed on black or navy blue, instead of pink. So instead of the pink showing through, now the black/navy will show through and the pink will be added as print. Make sense?

For him even to print up the sweats he needs at least 12 orders, which I think we will have. Just not too sure on getting the 36 orders to save on the set up fee. If I do not get it, then the fee will be split amongst the orders I have.

I can't talk how much the sweatshirts are here. If anyone is interested, please PM me. In the meantime, I will try and get this on Facebook. Beth, my mentor has left me all alone.

Editing to add that we could also have black tote bags made up in this image, which would get added into the 36 count. Just thinking.

Last edited by tinkermell; 09-27-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #795
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

:Does someone have a picture of what the design on the purple shirt looks like? I am curious about this DIS "gang"!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: