Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #736
funnygarcia
Anything above 60 degrees is very nice to us
Yep.. I will be nuts by the time June rolls around
What a sweet idea!! HMMMMM

Sleuthing for ideas...

Martini glass?

hmm, maybe too "nice"

or? The BeerBelly

or how about when your entertaining in the backyard pool?

This here be a fancy stein.. (but is it cheesy enough to qualify?)

ohhh I like it! (Cheap is NOT a dirty word in my house!)

ooooo love love love.. check out this person's blog! http://www.tackytreasures.com/topics/mugs.html

oh ya, hello!
I know I know, I dropped off the face of the DIS board world. I haven't been on facebook either. Busy doing other stuff like cleaning out apartments for turnovers, begging the owner to let my nephew/his gf/my son to move into an apartment and out of mine - it's been a very very summer. Now things are looking up as they are officially moving out in just a week!!!

Last edited by funnygarcia; 09-24-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #737
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hello everyone! I'm back to the real world again.

First order of business is a nice big "ole" hug for Cheryl. See you this weekend I hope! Take care!
Ok, I will be cooking out of our trailer pretty soon also, while the kitchen is being overhauled. But, we will not be sleeping in it, or living with 3 dogs. Yikes!

Big hugs to you too Tracey!

Beth and Theresa, what I might ask is so funny about "raspberry puree?" Hmm?
Beth, I left my suitcase out and put in my DL purse that I always use. Has my pass and other goodies in it. That is as far as I got.

Sarah, glad to hear your BF is getting better. Your dog is soooooo cute!

Hey Bernice and Patty, Long time no see! Glad to have you around again. I love the images of redneck containers. LOL!

Cindy, you are on the ball lady!

What else was I going to say?

Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #738
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Forgot to add a message for Katie!
Big hugs to you too. Glad to see things are still going good for you and Cliff.
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Last edited by tinkermell; 09-24-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #739
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Bernice, I love those photos! You've got the right idea. I'm sure we all have many beverage containers, but the key here is to have fun, be silly and have a good ol' laugh during the party.
I was wondering where you've been. Glad you are back posting and that things are becoming a little more uncrowded.

Mel, welcome back! Hope you had a nice, relaxing time. Oh, the raspberry puree isn't funny. I love the vanilla bean cheesecake. That's the only flavor I'll order. But, Theresa thinks that makes me boring, so she was pointing out that at least you order it with raspberry over it.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #740
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Bernice, I love those photos! You've got the right idea. I'm sure we all have many beverage containers, but the key here is to have fun, be silly and have a good ol' laugh during the party.
I was wondering where you've been. Glad you are back posting and that things are becoming a little more uncrowded.

Mel, welcome back! Hope you had a nice, relaxing time. Oh, the raspberry puree isn't funny. I love the vanilla bean cheesecake. That's the only flavor I'll order. But, Theresa thinks that makes me boring, so she was pointing out that at least you order it with raspberry over it.
Oh my goodness! It was at the Forum Cheesecake Factory that my girlfriend and tried it about 6 years ago. The waiter suggested "Vanilla bean with raspberry puree" to us, and that is the only way we have ordered it ever since. Gee, sure wish I had some now! Yum yum!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #741
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Oh my goodness! It was at the Forum Cheesecake Factory that my girlfriend and tried it about 6 years ago. The waiter suggested "Vanilla bean with raspberry puree" to us, and that is the only way we have ordered it ever since. Gee, sure wish I had some now! Yum yum!
I'll have to try that sometime. I do love raspberry. There are soooo many choices at the CF, but most of them are just too sweet for me, especially after a large meal. And, let's face it, all the meals at CF are large!!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #742
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Just poppin in and didn't read everything in detail but Trudi yes it is the new one that you have. I LOVE It but the little hanger that you attach it to the pole with was ripped so I had to punch a little hole in the flag. I was bummed.

Plus I get each girl an ornament every year and I orderd those ear hat ones I one was broke. They were really good and sent me another no charge but they were out of the first one.

So a little bummed but I got a grey shirt for the trip that was super cute!

Hi to everyone else!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #743
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
I'll have to try that sometime. I do love raspberry. There are soooo many choices at the CF, but most of them are just too sweet for me, especially after a large meal. And, let's face it, all the meals at CF are large!!
That is the same reason I like the vanilla bean also. Not so sweet. And then you add the raspberry for some tartness, and it us just perfect. Did I mention how good it was? LOL!

Hi Kelly
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #744
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
That is the same reason I like the vanilla bean also. Not so sweet. And then you add the raspberry for some tartness, and it us just perfect. Did I mention how good it was? LOL!
You did mention it. LOL And now, we can all see how good it looks as well as sounds.... YUM!!!

Funnily enough, in the background of this pic, is the other new cheesecake I want to try, the Oreo flavor! It might be too sweet, but I love Oreos, so I want to try it one day.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #745
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

You ladies are hilarious!

I go to cheesecake factory for cheesecake and coffee. Did anyone ever try the 30th anniversary cheesecake? It's layers of cheesecake alternating with chocolate cake. I am not much for over the top sweet or even too much chocolate but that was HEAVENLY.

That said, raspberry puree... YUM!!!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #746
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Just get the cheesecake to go. That's what I end up doing. So true, the meals are huge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Just poppin in and didn't read everything in detail but Trudi yes it is the new one that you have. I LOVE It but the little hanger that you attach it to the pole with was ripped so I had to punch a little hole in the flag. I was bummed.
I looked at mine when I first got it but don't remember a little hanger. I'll have to check it. Too bad about yours being ripped.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #747
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

This sounds like a cool idea! I would love to join in on this one. Include me in the sign ups!

Almost done shopping for the Halloween exchange. Just a couple more things and then I can ship away!

That little puppy is so cute Sarah! Glad to hear your BF is doing better. Hope he isn't in too much pain.

That cheesecake looks so yummy! We don't have one of those in Red Deer anymore, but probably just as well, or we'd be there all the time. Dillon loves his cheesecake.

We are getting a new addition to our family as well this week. This is 2 year old Annabelle Lee! She is a Holland Lop. We've never had a rabbit before, so it should be fun to learn what she's all about. So excited to be bringing her home tomorrow!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #748
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
You ladies are hilarious!

I go to cheesecake factory for cheesecake and coffee. Did anyone ever try the 30th anniversary cheesecake? It's layers of cheesecake alternating with chocolate cake. I am not much for over the top sweet or even too much chocolate but that was HEAVENLY.

That said, raspberry puree... YUM!!!!!
I did see that 30th anniversary version. It looks good. The last one I tried, other than my usual vanilla bean, was the red velvet. It was good, but not great like I'd hoped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Just get the cheesecake to go. That's what I end up doing. So true, the meals are huge!
Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
This sounds like a cool idea! I would love to join in on this one. Include me in the sign ups!

We are getting a new addition to our family as well this week. This is 2 year old Annabelle Lee! She is a Holland Lop. We've never had a rabbit before, so it should be fun to learn what she's all about. So excited to be bringing her home tomorrow!

For the Slug Jug exchange, there are no sign-ups. IF you want to play along, just bring a package to the party.

Cute bunny!!! Do they bite?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #749
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did see that 30th anniversary version. It looks good. The last one I tried, other than my usual vanilla bean, was the red velvet. It was good, but not great like I'd hoped.

Good idea!

For the Slug Jug exchange, there are no sign-ups. IF you want to play along, just bring a package to the party.

Cute bunny!!! Do they bite?
The breeder has had rabbits for years, and she currently has about 12 that she breeds, and she said she's never been bit once. So if it happens, it's very rare.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #750
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

First off this theme should be a fun exchange. I imagine a lot of laughter to be had that night.
Bernice, I missed you. Glad they are moving out and you can have your place back.
Beth almost time for you to leave again. Lucky. I miss my part time job so I could just go away when I want. Phewy

Cute puppy.
The rabbit is adorable too. We have a rabbit. Had her since 06. She runs around the back yard most of the time. She uses the dog door but we had to let her stay at my moms as we moved into a big home with my BFF who was alone with her son and two dogs. Well the dogs think the bunny is a toy and so she couldn't come. So mom and dad have her and she uses their dog door too. The down fall is if she is left alone in the home she some times likes to chew wires. So not good when there is computers and plugs. So she is not free to come in at her own leisure anymore. She has lever bit, licks yoru feet, and enjoys an oreo cookie and backed potato.lol Kale and spinach too. We didn't do much in dry prepared rabbit feed. She did better with our own veggies,

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: