Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #691
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat

Wow.....
I saw the Endeavour flu right by my work this morning it was pretty neat to see.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #692
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I thought the movie was good. I wasn't expecting too much, but it was better than I thought. I didn't really like the ending, but I usually am disappointed with the endings of scary movies. My favourite part of the whole movie was the preview for Paranormal Activity 4!!! So excited for that!!
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #693
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post

Wow.....
That is pretty awesome!!

I am not Christmas shopping yet, but I did pick up a couple ornaments last weekend at Hallmark. They have a 5 piece Disney ornament set with each piece being released monthly, so I picked up two of the pieces. I still need one more that's out, and I am waiting for the last two to come out. It's a really cute set!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #694
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

I want to check that movie out too. I did see possessed last weekend. I didn't care for it though. I didn't find it that scary. I did love the preview of Paranormal Activity 4 also. I find those movies freaky.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #695
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Evening all. Loving all the pics of the space shuttle and I just wish I would have been able to go to where you could have seen it. Apparently it was downtown and we leave on the other end of town.

I know what people mean about being swamped. Sheesh I thought we had a lot when the kids were younger and in a way we did in that they did 2 sports, girls scouts and Awana but those were all like an hour here and there. Now that they are older. SHEESH!.

Katy is a cheerleader and has practice 4 nights a week for 3 hours and then games every saturday that we have to get there an hour early and the games last 2 hours. Plus we have to volunteer (work in the snack bar and such) plus we do fundraisers. We have a bunch of competitions coming up some of which we have to travel. It is a HUGE committment. Even more so than swim which they both still do. Katy does track also and shelby is planning on track, still swim and basketball.

Katy is editor of the school yearbook and shelby is in band and then they both have to do 10 hours of community service per semester plus Katy has been doing 5K's. I mean it is relentless LOL.

Tonight is the girls weekend at their dad's but shelby had a birthday party so she got picked up here and dropped back off since Shane took Katy to see his son's football game. I took advantage of the time to veg and play on FB LOL.

I haven't been on here or really anywhere much.

Getting excited about the trip getting closer and I broke down and started decorating for halloween.

Had a bunch of new stuff and didn't want to wait

Tomorrow we have a football game and then we were supposed to a festival type concert but Katy has her volunteering and I didn't think I could do an all day concert in the heat with no shade so I decided to stay home.

That's bout it for me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #696
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I want to check that movie out too. I did see possessed last weekend. I didn't care for it though. I didn't find it that scary. I did love the preview of Paranormal Activity 4 also. I find those movies freaky.
I do too! Not a lot of scary movies freak me out but the Paranormal ones really do! I got goosebumps just from the few first seconds of the preview when I realized what it was!

House at the End of the Street isn't really scary. There's a few jumpy parts, but not scary.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #697
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

I do not do scary movies. Ever! I'm such a whimp!
I get weirded out just seeing a preview, and then I have to cover my eyes.

Hi Steph! Good to see you around!

So I just had my all time favorite "Luau Salad" from Cheesecake Factory. Came back to our room and devoured a piece of vanilla bean cheesecake with raspberry puree. Um ummm!

I am stuffed!

Tomorrow doing nothing but laying by the pool.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #698
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hi, everyone! I should be in bed....but, here I am posting online.

Andrea, I liked the movie. It was better than I thought. Not gruesome because it was PG13. I liked the ending, but I like twists and turns like that. Our theater was FULL of teens. I mean 90% of the audience were teenagers. OMG, never again. They were loud, talking through most of it, screaming and jumping and yelling "Look out!!!!", and getting up and down from their seats. Geez, my teens do not act like that at all. So rude. But, the movie was still interesting. I'm glad we went.

Mel, I love vanilla bean!!! Enjoy your day.

Steph, good to see you here. You sound incredibly busy!! Wow.

Hi Sarah. That's cool you got to see the fly over.

I can't remember what else I wanted to say... have a good night, ladies!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #699
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Hi All!

The weekend is here...finally! Lots of stuff to get done this weekend including shopping for the Halloween Diva Exchange. I am looking forward to finding stuff for my person. She has some neat interests. I usually don't like to shop but this one will be fun.

We are having horrible fires in Central Washington. Finally we are getting drizzle at least in Western Washington, but really need a good rain. I never would think that I would be on FB begging for it to rain, but I'm sending my thoughts to the rain gods right now. We need a good douse of water around here to stop all the fires. Then it can go back to being sunny.

To all the Cal Diva's sharing pictures of the space shuttle - thanks! Enjoy looking at the shots - especially the lovely 747 freighter ferrying the shuttle

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #700
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Hi everyone . Just a quick check in from me.

Thank you everyone for the love and support the beginning of this week. It was really appreciated . I'm still trying to deal with a couple of the issues, but at least nothing else has happened (knock on wood).

As far as moving out in 1 week, I was able to talk him in to letting me stay for 30 days. The reason he could only give me 1 week notice is because we currently don't have a formal lease. When my lease was up at the end of last year, I was given notice that my lease wouldn't be extending because he had a family member moving to California and they were going to rent the house. Well that family member delayed their move and I was told I could stay until they were ready to come. However another lease wasn't signed and it is pretty much I have to move whenever I'm asked. His family member isn't coming for a few months, but I guess he wants to do some remodeling first so he wanted us to move out sooner. Long story short I should have been looking for somewhere to stay all this year, but I got lazy and have been putting it off.

I also almost ruined my relationship last night because I panicked and had a momentary lapse of judgement. The good thing is Cliff was able to handle my craziness and we are still together LOL.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #701
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning beautiful Divas!!

(Hope that photo link works!)

It's the first day of Fall! Not that you'd know it here. This is the time of year I really miss living in Michigan. The cool, crisp air. The leaves turning brilliant shades of gold, red and orange. All the houses decorated with bales of hay, pumpkins and scarecrows. Drinking cider and going to the pumpkin patch. Ahhhh, I miss it!!

But, then shortly after that winter sets in with it freezing temps, snow and ice. THAT part I do not miss at all. lol

Hannah and I made monkey bread for breakfast and soon Ruben and I will be heading off to the Greek festival.

Have a great day everyone!

Pam, sorry to hear about all those fires. Scary stuff. I hope some rain falls soon to help those firefighters out!

Katie, I'm glad you got your time extended to 30 days. And, I'm glad that you and Cliff are weathering this trying time. Moving can be stressful! Hang in there.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #702
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

I went shopping this afternoon and sent of my Halloween package. - I posted over on the Halloween thread. Honestly, I was worried about getting this done, because I tend to procrastinate a lot . I mean I'm finally getting out thank you notes from my mom's memorial - which was almost a month ago. Those are done too, so it has been a productive day. Plus, I had DH with me today and I know he just loved going to places like World Market and the craft store with me. BTW, craft stores are not a good place for me to be roaming around because I am too tempted to buy there.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #703
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Hi gals--sorry I've been awol. Some of you know--but for those who don't--I started having back issues in late Aug. Early Sept. It kept getting worse to the point I couldn't walk~! Since Sept 11 I have been using an electronic wheelchair around the house, and a regular wheelchair for the few times I've been out--all for doctor's appts. My friend Brandy and her boyfriend took me to the emergency room twice I was in so much pain. I had an MRI and I am taking a series of three epidurals, my next one is next Wednesday--also the last. It has lessened the pain quite a bit but I am still on some medication. After that I will be taking some in-home therapy to learn how to walk again. Assuming I can--keep your fingers crossed! It has brought home to me how inaccessible my house really is. The counters are high--I can't reach very far into cupboards or the refrigerator, etc. I had a meltdown this morning when I couldn't reach the cottage cheese. We had an aide here nights for about a week, but now it is just my Mom who came to stay with me--thank God. Friends have also helped-=-Linda, Amy and Stacerita came with meals for us last weekend and Linda is here today too--she and my Mom are grocery shopping right now. Brandy has been taking me to medical appts. along with my neighbor Art. It has been a trying time. Thank God for good friends and family. Luckily I've been able to work from home since I'm set-up to log into my computer from here. I had to miss a mini Diva trip weekend before last and am hoping to be up and around in time for the Oct. trip (keep your fingers crossed). I did cancel our trip to Hawaii (and Aulani)--there is just no way I will be up for such a big trip by the end of next month. I am shooting for next Spring now. So, that's why I haven't been around much!

Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #704
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Luvs_Disney View Post

This is me hoping you take me back.
Haven't you heard "once a Diva, always a Diva"---you can't get away that easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hi, January! I'll be at Disneyland, but not until next week. Wish you were going! It would be nice to see you again. I remember when we met up and you had Maddie with you. She and Stitch had so much fun at the breakfast.
Ahhhh---Maddie must be in school and a big girl now--post a pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
The Fantasmic Dessert did get cancelled last trip. Anyone interested in doing it this trip? I haven't done it yet and was sorry it got cancelled last time.
I would be interested in the Fantasmic Dessert too.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #705
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Hi gals--sorry I've been awol. Some of you know--but for those who don't--I started having back issues in late Aug. Early Sept. It kept getting worse to the point I couldn't walk~! Since Sept 11 I have been using an electronic wheelchair around the house, and a regular wheelchair for the few times I've been out--all for doctor's appts. My friend Brandy and her boyfriend took me to the emergency room twice I was in so much pain. I had an MRI and I am taking a series of three epidurals, my next one is next Wednesday--also the last. It has lessened the pain quite a bit but I am still on some medication. After that I will be taking some in-home therapy to learn how to walk again. Assuming I can--keep your fingers crossed! It has brought home to me how inaccessible my house really is. The counters are high--I can't reach very far into cupboards or the refrigerator, etc. I had a meltdown this morning when I couldn't reach the cottage cheese. We had an aide here nights for about a week, but now it is just my Mom who came to stay with me--thank God. Friends have also helped-=-Linda, Amy and Stacerita came with meals for us last weekend and Linda is here today too--she and my Mom are grocery shopping right now. Brandy has been taking me to medical appts. along with my neighbor Art. It has been a trying time. Thank God for good friends and family. Luckily I've been able to work from home since I'm set-up to log into my computer from here. I had to miss a mini Diva trip weekend before last and am hoping to be up and around in time for the Oct. trip (keep your fingers crossed). I did cancel our trip to Hawaii (and Aulani)--there is just no way I will be up for such a big trip by the end of next month. I am shooting for next Spring now. So, that's why I haven't been around much!
I was wondering where you were... Does that mean you won't make it to breakfast with us next Sunday morning? I was looking forward to seeing you! Just get better before the Diva trip in February, okay?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: