Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #646
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Katie I am so sorry about all your troubles.

We finally had to deal with lice this year. My kids made it all the way through elementary and then Shelby got it at the end of last school year and proceeded to give it to Katy. But like Beth said if you are really good about putting everything up, in the drier whatever and treat them 2 or 3 times it should work. I know what a nightmare it is though. We were sleeping on just the matresses with just a top sheet for a few days while everything was in the wash and then almost EVERYTHING else was bagged up for 3 weeks (overkill LOL). Also the health food stores have this really good natural oil, I think Tea Tree that is really good and they hate it. Good luck.

And I agree 1 week is not legal. How are they doing that?? THat is nuts. Glad you have a good place to go!

I didn't read back any further but welcome to the new ladies. I have been swamped with the kids school and activities so not much time to read. Hope all is well with everyone else!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #647
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Katie~ Happy birthday to your kiddo! Give him money & take him to dinner. He'll be happy! Sorry about your craptastic luck this week. 1 week that is flippen crazy! I'm glad Cliff is there for you!
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #648
Jodi_Luvs_Disney
Mouseketeer

This is me hoping you take me back. I've been MIA for soooo long. I've been reading up on facebook but haven't been on the DIS in quite awhile. It's funny how life just seems to get in the way of the things you enjoy. I hope that you all are well.

Katie, I'm sorry that things have been tough for you lately. I hope it gets better soon.

Mel, shirts....too late? Send me a PM if not.

It looks like you guys are going to have a great turnout this trip. As the time gets closer, I lean more and more towards trying come. I won't know to last minute but hopefully some of you that offered up a corner to sleep in will still be willing.

Jen, good luck on the run. Sounds like a lot of fun......if I ran. I' sure you'll do great.

Take care everyone!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #649
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Katie - WOAH. That's a lot of crap to take in a week. Glad Clif is being a great support to you

I've been gone for too long and feel so out of the loop. But I guess it's not such a big deal since the trip is seemingly becoming more and more unlikely for me.
This is my third week with no work and no promise of future work. I'm applying to anywhere that's hiring but nothing has come through yet. Kinda down in the dumps.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #650
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Luvs_Disney View Post

This is me hoping you take me back. I've been MIA for soooo long. I've been reading up on facebook but haven't been on the DIS in quite awhile. It's funny how life just seems to get in the way of the things you enjoy. I hope that you all are well.
Hi Jodi! Good to see you here. I hope you are able to make it. I'm sure there's a corner or bath tub for you somewhere. lol
Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #651
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I've been gone for too long and feel so out of the loop. But I guess it's not such a big deal since the trip is seemingly becoming more and more unlikely for me.
This is my third week with no work and no promise of future work. I'm applying to anywhere that's hiring but nothing has come through yet. Kinda down in the dumps.
I'm sorry. It's frustrating, isn't it? But, hang in there. You'll find something, I know it! In the meantime, the trip is still a long ways off. Don't worry about it just yet.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #652
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I'm borrowing this hug from Capri for you too!! Love, Mel

Quote:

Katie, I'm sorry that things have been tough for you lately. I hope it gets better soon.

It looks like you guys are going to have a great turnout this trip. As the time gets closer, I lean more and more towards trying come. I won't know to last minute but hopefully some of you that offered up a corner to sleep in will still be willing.

Jen, good luck on the run. Sounds like a lot of fun......if I ran. I' sure you'll do great.

Take care everyone!!!
LOL! I for one am hoping you can make it at the last minute if need be. YAY!

And I have not taken any orders for next year's shirt yet. That will be coming up around the holidays. Yeah.... I know....one more thing to think about.

The shirt design is coming along pretty good. I've seen the basic rough sketch, and had Derrick make a few small changes. But all in all, it's what I am looking for. It sure is handy having someone in the family that can draw, and is patient with their Mom.

I hope to reveal the image when I am down there next week! It won't be the finished product yet, but at least some of you can see what is going on.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #653
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Katie - WOAH. That's a lot of crap to take in a week. Glad Clif is being a great support to you

Aw.... I hope something comes through soon. Things should pick up with the holidays coming!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #654
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:

Take care everyone!!!
JODI!!! Yes - you have to come and the offer still stands!! Hope it works out!

Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #655
kelmac284

I haven't been on a lot but I am hoping the people talking about shirts are talking about last years and not this years right? I know Mel said she hasn't even released the design yet but wasn't sure if she was taking orders for the shirts themselves? Just want to make sure I am still in the loop LOL

Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #656
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I haven't been on a lot but I am hoping the people talking about shirts are talking about last years and not this years right? I know Mel said she hasn't even released the design yet but wasn't sure if she was taking orders for the shirts themselves? Just want to make sure I am still in the loop LOL
Kelly, the only orders I have been taking are from last year.

So no worries!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #657
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

So I am leaving for Vegas baby, in a few hours!!! We will be at the Mandalay Bay.

The DHs will be at the Barrett Jackson auction and my dear friend and I
will be relaxing by the pool with umbrella drink and book in hand.

We always get chairs by the lazy river, and the cabanas. So all day long we "people watch" the rafters float by, and partiers at the cabanas. It really is quite fun!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #658
kelmac284

Thanks Mel. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something LOL.

Your Vegas trip sounds so fun and relaxing. Have a GREAT time!

Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #659
mommaU4

Hello, ladies!!

Mel, sounds like a fun time!! No better place than Vegas for people watching, that's for sure! I'm glad we decided to wait and meet up when we are both in DL. I don't want to take you away from that umbrella drink and comfy pool chair. LOL (I know I wouldn't want to leave that!!!) Enjoy!
Oh, and I can't wait to learn more about the shirt design.

I hope everyone has a happy hump day!

This day next week I will be going to Disneyland!!!!! I can't wait to see friends, go on rides, check out Carsland for the first time, and take in all the Halloween fun.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #660
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I feel your pain. I've been out of work for 8 months. Try not to get down, and keep yourself busy. I apply for everything I can find every week day, help out my parents and spend weekends hiking (it's free and fun and great exercise). Keeping active helps avoid depression for me. And something will come up, it has to.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: