Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #391
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I am getting so excited for this trip! Now that my flight is booked, it seems so real. Being so far away, Disneyland used to be just a dream. Now this will be my 3rd trip in less than 3 years, and I love that I am able to do it so much now! I just wished I lived closer so I could go even more often! Haha. Oh well. We are hoping to go as a family in Dec 2013, and I am really looking forward to that!
Booking a flight does make it seem more of a reality.

How old will Seth be in December 2013? While I love Halloween, there's no denying how pretty it is at Christmas. That will make a lovely family trip.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #392
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

He will be 2 and a half. So young enough to still be free, but old enough to hopefully enjoy himself at least a little bit. And we have seen it at Halloween, and while it was cool, Christmas is my favourite time of year (minus the cold weather!), so I would love to see the parks all decorated.
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #393
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
He will be 2 and a half. So young enough to still be free, but old enough to hopefully enjoy himself at least a little bit. And we have seen it at Halloween, and while it was cool, Christmas is my favourite time of year (minus the cold weather!), so I would love to see the parks all decorated.
Ah, perfect age Disney speaking. Free is nice (bonus!), and yet he'll be old enough to walk around and be mesmerized by all the decorations. Perfect.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #394
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom

I was in Disneyland in July for a couple of days on a last minute/pseudo birthday trip. It wasn't until after I got back that I started finding out about Disney/Disneyland chat rooms (is this a chat room???) and found out how much of the park I had been missing in my 30-plus years of going. (Never been to WDW and not sure whether I want to, truthfully). Much of what I realized I was missing was thanks to MyYearWithTheMouse (thank you Shelby!!!) so I have decided that for our upcoming trip in October, we are gonna take some time to do things other that just rides. My kids (2 boys- 8 and 5) are less than thrilled.. but guess what.. I am the mommy! This will be the first time the boys have gone without their dad (the divorce was final in June) so I am a little worried about that... but my sister and her family are going and so are my parents so I hope that will alleviate some of the daddy missing.

I am sure the kids will have a great time. . Time to make new memories. I have Ben divorced about a year and a half. But the last five/six yrs of the marriage I took my dd to WDW every year. (use to live on the eat coast).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4
Well, we will but it costs extra.

I liked the letters. Then again, I was one of the rare guests who enjoyed DCA even before the changes. I'm sure it's amazing now though.

My replies are in blue.
IMO DCA is looking like the Hollywood studios in FL. The entrance. Signs in the park etc. I feel each park should have some unique character.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #395
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Ladies, the HOJO is a little out of my price range. I am looking at the Anaheim Plaza (I am staying there for my upcoming visit in October... so depending on how that goes, I may NOT be considering it for February...) but what I am wondering is, do you think the extra walking distance (to the HOJO itself... not to the parks... I know where it is from the parks) will be prohibitive to the meet n greet and/or to getting together with you all? I mean... the whole point of this trip (for me) would be to spend time with a bunch of awesome Disney loving women... are there those of you who have stayed in "another" hotel in the past and hated it because you were apart from everyone else? It is highly unlikely that I will be able to convince any of my girlfriends to accompany me on this trip so if I went I'd be staying alone. Thoughts?

Last edited by ten6mom; 09-02-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #396
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Yes, I did mention something about a color I would like to use on Facebook. Would you believe I am going to try and use "teal blue" for our background? I believe I will use Hanes again, because the price is reasonable and they come in the size ranges we need. Derrick is supposed to have my design drawn up by the end of this month. I gave him the idea that was in my head, the type of art I wanted, and what to include in the image. I can't wait to see if what I have imagined, works. LOL! As soon as I have something in concrete, and figure out how to post a pic, I will post the image.
Unless you all trust me, and be surprised. Hee hee!

LOL!!
I'm just a teasing. I know for some of you, that would be torture. I want all of you to be happy, and know what you are getting.

Since I can't get onto the facebook page, is there another way to see what the "teal blue" color is? Can you post a photo of it here, or something?

Thanks!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #397
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning ladies!

Hello and welcome to our new ladies and as the others have said you will have a GREAT time. Nice hearing about all of you. For me I joined the dis back in 05 when we were planning our 2nd DW trip and then migrated over to the Disneyland side. I have pretty much been here ever since and only go over to the DW boards if I am planning a trip. I joined the 2nd ladies trip in 09 and then again in 10 and wasn't able to make 11 but was "there" this past year just not part of the group (was with family on a vacay so just said hi to a few gals) so I am really looking forward to participating again this year. My daughter has a cheer comp that saturday so I will have my kids and ex there with us but mom and I plan to meet up for a few things while ex hangs with the kiddos. We started looking into plane tickets and hoping to purchase those soon and same with hotel. We are going in December so our focus has been on that but I told mom we better at least get some things preliminarily booked as I know it will be a busy time.

Thanks Beth about Katy's cheer. She was really excited and although this is all new to her and she is still learning she has REALLY found a new love. It is so weird to not be with our soccer friends after playing for 8 years but we are making all new friends and it is fun. The girls will still do swim and Katy also does track so we are ever the busy sports family.

So exciting to see some of the pics come back from our 5K gals yesterday and looking forward to seeing more from our gals in the 1/2 today!!

Hope everyone else is having a fun and relaxing weekend. I am thinking about taking my girls out to the Galleria in Roseville. I don't get out there too often and thought it would be fun to have lunch and do some window shopping.

Have a great day all!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #398
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies! Sunday already! This weekend is going by too fast. I hope you are all having a good one.

Yesterday, Adam went to his girlfriend's house, and Noelle was at friends, so Ruben and I took the twins and went out to lunch. Mexican food....Mmmmm! Then we went to the Halloween Mart and had fun checking out all the costumes and decorations. I really want to add a scary clown carnival to our front yard, but they are so expensive! Yikes.

Today I think we are just going to kick back at home. It's still hot out. Today it's supposed to be 97 with a "real feel" of 100. Ugh. I know that's not as hot as it's been, but I am so ready for some temps in the 60's or below! That won't happen until probably sometime in November at least.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day. TTYL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Ladies, the HOJO is a little out of my price range. I am looking at the Anaheim Plaza (I am staying there for my upcoming visit in October... so depending on how that goes, I may NOT be considering it for February...) but what I am wondering is, do you think the extra walking distance (to the HOJO itself... not to the parks... I know where it is from the parks) will be prohibitive to the meet n greet and/or to getting together with you all? I mean... the whole point of this trip (for me) would be to spend time with a bunch of awesome Disney loving women... are there those of you who have stayed in "another" hotel in the past and hated it because you were apart from everyone else? It is highly unlikely that I will be able to convince any of my girlfriends to accompany me on this trip so if I went I'd be staying alone. Thoughts?
I wasn't sure where the Anaheim Plaza was, but on Google maps it says it's about a half mile, or an 11 minute walk, from the Hojo. That's not too bad. But, it is still far if you've been walking all day. That's if you are wanting to just go hang out with some of the ladies at the hotel. BUT, if you are talking about the Meet and Greet party, that's at the Carousel hotel, which isn't as far. (0.3 miles or 6 minutes) So that's definitely doable for the party.

If you want to be closer to the main group, what about some of the hotels closer on Harbor? Fairfield Inn, Tropicana, Camelot Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn, etc? I've never stayed at those, but they might be worth checking out.

Good luck! And don't worry too much. Most of the time we are out and about, either in the parks, DTD or eating meals. As long as you make the party, you'll be fine.
If staying a bit further away is the only way to make the trip, then it's worth it.

Quote:
Since I can't get onto the facebook page, is there another way to see what the "teal blue" color is? Can you post a photo of it here, or something?

Thanks!!!
The actual shirt has not been posted. Just the name of the color. It's a Hanes shirt, so maybe you can check on their website to see if it shows it there.
But, don't worry, once it's posted, it will be posted both places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post

IMO DCA is looking like the Hollywood studios in FL. The entrance. Signs in the park etc. I feel each park should have some unique character.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That's why I love Animal Kingdom so much. So different and unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Hope everyone else is having a fun and relaxing weekend. I am thinking about taking my girls out to the Galleria in Roseville. I don't get out there too often and thought it would be fun to have lunch and do some window shopping.

Have a great day all!!
Sounds nice.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #399
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I use Super Shuttle from Orange County Airport (SNA) to the hotel and back. There is usually a Travelocity code that saves about $3 each way on a round trip booking. The code that was working as of a few weeks ago is UYR59. It takes the discount off your PARTY, not per person, so if you are traveling in a group, have everyone make their own ressie at supershuttle dot com.
Thanks Lisa! I will keep this in mind for getting to and from the airport! I would assume it's cheaper than taking a taxi. But I will check out those prices too.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #400
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:

Thanks!!!
Do you have facebook? Add me as a friend and I'll add you to the group page. I'm Stacie Lee Churches Baumgartner.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #401
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:

Thanks!!!
Hi Karisa!

Look up this site, and click on the teal. Hopefully, this will give you an idea of the color. You can also click on the product detail to see the sizing.

http://www.haneslocator.com/Catalog/...ProductID-5680

Ok, I just tested it out. It only took me to the MAIN page. After you get there, click on Catalog, then click Women's the click style #5680. Hopefully you will eventually get there. LOL!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #402
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi Tracey!!

Welcome home after a wonderful 2 weeks! LOL...I can't believe you didn't mind the humidity! Wow...... I would have wilted, like the wicked witch.

Which reminds me that I saw "Wicked" in Frisco. I loved it, but it was one of those plays, that once was enough for awhile. Now give me Phantom, and I could see that over and over again! Hee hee....that smilie was as close as I could get to the Phantom.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #403
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi Karisa!

Look up this site, and click on the teal. Hopefully, this will give you an idea of the color. You can also click on the product detail to see the sizing.

http://www.haneslocator.com/Catalog/...ProductID-5680

Ok, I just tested it out. It only took me to the MAIN page. After you get there, click on Catalog, then click Women's the click style #5680. Hopefully you will eventually get there. LOL!
Mel, is this the right one?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #404
kandyk
Mouseketeer

Pretty color, I love it. I can't wait to see the design, if it's anything like the last two years I know it's going to be beautiful. Mel is so talented!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #405
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

You ladies are awesome! Mel, I was able to see it through the link you sent... Beth, that looks like the one I saw.... Stacie, friend request sent. Now I should have TWO ways to keep up with this awesome group!!!

Now to get my October trip planned out... wow I gotta say one thing, all the information on these boards can be a touch overwhelming.. Magic Mornings and upgrading to AP's and MHP and it possibly being sold out and... wow! But I feel like once I get my AP I will be able to enjoy it so much more... won't be in such a rush for the next year to cram everything in all in one short trip... and I am starting to look forward to a solo trip or two or three just to have the ability to take my time in the future!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: