Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #376
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Well so much for going to the park to unwind!!! What the h*** was I thinking? So we got DS all excited about going tonight, then when we got over there the traffic was backed up to kingdom come (we only live about 4 miles away). So then we were like okay, we'll go to Knott's, and got DS all excited about Camp Snoopy. Then halfway THERE, DH realized he left his and DS's Knott's passes at home. So, turn around, run into the house, etc, meanwhile DS is chattering about all of the things he wants to ride. Then as we get closer, DH checks his phone--Knott's closes at 8:00 and it's 7:45. . We had decided to go to the chicken dinner restaurant for dinner, so DH was like well, just drop us off at the gate and then we'll run in and do a ride while you park. Okay, so that's our plan until we get right up there and DH says, "DS, which one ride do you want to ride?" and guess what? DS is fast asleep!!! Oh my lord. We debated just going back home, but we were hungry, so we just parked and unloaded DS and he did well in the restaurant, but it was like what else could go wrong?
Oh Dear! Quite the night. Traffic can be such a nightmare! At least you can have a do over easily enough, right
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #377
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Beth that is awesome that you got to go to Wicked! Mom and I took the girls in June and we loved it!!

I am another that thinks having a car in DW is the way to go. We have always had a timeshare so we had to have one but it is SO much more convenient and makes it nicer. I do also agree that the ADRS are kind of a pain but we usually just make as many as we can and then figure if we are not hungry or don't want to go we can always cancel.

Shelby that is a bummer about last night but not surprised with the 1/2 this weekend as well as it being labor day. I'm sure it is prob packed! Sorry your night was a bust.

Good luck to all our running divas!! SOOO jealous and want to do this so bad. Have been looking at the pics on FB and looks so fun! REALLY hoping it works out that we can do the tinkerbell one in 14 and hope to do this one some day as well!

We are off here in a bit to Katy's first football game. I have to volunteer in the snack bar first and then I get to watch her cheer. First time she will be wearing her cheer uniform and get to see a full game with the half time show etc so looking forward to that!

Hope everyone is out having a fun holiday weekend!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #378
raftislander
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
HELLO, ladies!!!! I'm back!!!

Hello, Kit!! So glad this is the year you'll finally be able to join in the fun!! It's about time! LOL
I'll add you to the attendee list, and if you'd like you can post a photo for the front page as well.

Where in NV does your sister live? I'm in Las Vegas.

I'm back!! I missed you all so much. It was a fun get away, but I missed my Divas!
My sister lives in Minden, just south of Carson City. My mom is in an assisted care facility in Gardnerville (next door to Minden). Just got back from a visit. Visiting my mom is always an emotional roller coaster as she does not recognize me at times. All in all though, this was a good visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
Will anyone be around the park October 5-9??? I'm 90% sure my daughter & i will be coming down then. I cannot wait to see the Halloween stuff again! It's been a few years!!

We're still undecided if we'll do the halloween trick or treat tickets though. We did it a couple of times at DCA, but have not done it at DL. Daughter said she didn't think we needed to, but wondering if it's better now that it's at DL. Do they close the park to people without those tickets? Seems lame to have to pay $50 as a Premium Annual passholder

Feedback welcome!

I will be at the parks October 3-6 and will be going to Halloween party on October 5. I cant help laughing about this trip becuse it started out as a solo trip to cheer me up after my DD heads off to college (Uof Oregon) this fall and I am left with an empty nest. It has now become a gathering of 8 family members (daughters grandkids, sister and cousin). I love Halloweentime and havent been since 2009. Cant wait to see Halloween Screams again. Let me know if you want to meet up for a dole whip or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Helllllllooooooo Divas! How's it going? I know, I know...I have been MIA from here for forever! I just want to go with you so much and know that is just not a possibility this year so I have been staying away for my own sanity! Anyway, does anyone here remember the LPF? Well, it's time to have one in the Pacific Northwest! Calling all interested Divas! I am having a movie marathon/sleepover at my house in Lynden, WA either October 27th or November 17th depending on the schedules of those interested in attending! Kandace from the Seattle area is helping me plan the event! More details will be forthcoming, for now I am just trying to figure out who all would like to come and which of those dates would work for you! So facebook me or pm me here and lets get this party started!

Hope all the rest of you divas are fantastic!

TTYL,
Sarah May
Sounds like fun! I can't do it in October but if you choose the November date- count me in!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #379
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Oh boy, I've missed a lot again! Over the last couple of weeks I took my kid and cats to Seattle to stay with my parents, packed my 3 bedroom house into storage and my personal stuff into the back of my pickup and left home! I'm in Portland now, decided to split the drive into 2 days as the truck is old and I get tired. So glad I did, my right leg was so cramped up by the time I got here last night it wasn't even funny. That truck is not meant for long drives. I'm about to pop in the shower and get back on the road north to Bothell.

I skimmed a little bit of the posts and saw that someone went to see Wicked! I'm so excited to see that. I'm going to MWR at Bremerton next week to see if they have discounted tickets. We're going either way, but a military discount would be nice.

I'm planning kid #1s birthday trip again, she's decided that she does want to go to Disneyland after all. And a few days after her birthday a friend is getting married in that area, so we're going to combine the trip, I think. We have some shopping to do, because the wedding is a steampunk themed costume party.

Lots to do!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 09-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #380
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies! Happy Saturday!
We survived the first week of school here, but not without one of the kids coming down with a cold. Guess it's the season for germs! I just hope it doesn't make the rounds through all six of us....it usually does though despite my best efforts.

Anyway, I am in the mood for Halloween, so we are heading out to a huge store here in Vegas that sells costumes and decor year round. I can't wait for it to be October already.

Have a great weekend, everyone! And best of luck to all our Divas running the marathons this weekend!!

Heather, I've been following your move on Facebook. It's a lot of work, isn't it?! Good luck. Oh, and that was me who went to "Wicked". It was awesome, you're going to love it.

Tracey, sounds like that dinner at Crystal Palace was really nice. Especially the fireworks.

Shelby, sorry your night didn't go as planned! This is a really busy weekend at DL. Knott's chicken dinner is delicious though, so at least that part was good.

Kit, sorry to hear visits with your mom can be a roller coaster. That's so rough. But, I'm glad this was a good visit overall. As for the Diva get together, I do believe it has been planned for November. Are you on Facebook at all?

Kelly, I hope Katy has a great time cheering at her game today.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #381
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Ladies, are any of you from the phoenix area? I am trying to see if anyone might be willing to get together for coffee or something here in town. I am just a leeetle scared to take a solo trip when I don't know ANYONE. Cuz I am a wimp like that. :-(
You can do it! We don't bite, I promise. LOL Do you have a friend locally that might want to come with you?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #382
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
This will be my first solo trip too. I am a little nervous, especially about flying alone and getting to the parks from the airport, but I am almost 32 years old. I think I should be able to handle it....I hope!

The only one I have really talked to a whole bunch is Jessica, and she might not be able to come, so I am a little nervous about not knowing anyone, but also really excited for the opportunity she might be getting!
I use Super Shuttle from Orange County Airport (SNA) to the hotel and back. There is usually a Travelocity code that saves about $3 each way on a round trip booking. The code that was working as of a few weeks ago is UYR59. It takes the discount off your PARTY, not per person, so if you are traveling in a group, have everyone make their own ressie at supershuttle dot com.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #383
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Over all: Won't need to go back. Felt like I did was at getting the same experience as at Disneyland, but working 10 times harder to get it. For the overall park experience anyhow.

I feel the need to go back this time and take in some of the stuff I missed in 2010 - I'm looking forward to seeing the parks decorated for Christmas. Last time I was there at Halloween. In 2004 I was there for a few days the week before Christmas, but we spent 90% of our time touring the resorts and looking at their decorations (which is good because I won't need to spend much time doing that this trip). The only two I missed last time were AKL and WL. I also missed a lot of the "little details" and didn't go in many shops at all, nor did we eat anywhere but counter service, so I'm looking forward to a little more sit down food this time.

What I hated: The mix of people. Very rude people. <snip> in general the guests were pretty much self focused.

Lots of cast members with no sense of magic or humour.

I didn't have the cast member problem as much (maybe it was because I was there "off season" and the CMs were probably less "seasonal" and more "permanent"? The guests, on the other hand, AY CARUMBA! I realize some of it is cultural, but jeez Louise!

The distances between attractions, between parks, to get to transportation, etc.. The distances are just huge. Really ads to the exhaustion, and not as much can be accomplished.

TOTALLY agree on this. When you realize that can fit all of DL and DCA and I think part of Downtown Disney CA inside the Magic Kingdom, but they have 12 fewer attractions than DL, you come to understand why you are SO DEAD TIRED at the end of the day. LOL

Grocery delivery: We ended up using wegoshop and our bill was $430!! I was shocked actually. delivery and tip was about $70.

I used Garden Grocer last time for two of us. $40 minimum and about $15 delivery/tip. I think our total was around $65. This time I'm not planning to have much food in the unit (since I'm offsite, the travel time just isn't worth it), so I'll order a case of water and a couple snack items from Walmart.com and have them delivered.

Fantasmic: LOVED it! Seriously great show. I missed the big river boat, but loved sitting on a bench.

Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King productions: Really great shows!

I do love the bench aspect of Fantasmic...... I saw BatB, Little Mermaid and Nemo shows last trip. REALLY looking forward to Lion King on this trip!

Lisa, I do have a full set of maps for you. Just pm me your address. I came home on the 27th, and am still unpacking!
PM sent. Welcome home!

Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #384
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
We are not planning to rent a car so hopefully we will be able to get around ok. Bummer about waiting so long for buses.

Did you park hop at all? We were thinking for our first trip we would probably just spend a full day at each park, then go back at the end of the trip to the things we missed/or want to see again. I think it would be easier than trying to park hop.

Glad you had a good time at your resorts & with your family though!!!
We had a car on my 2004 trip but that was because one in our party had an ECV and we were staying offsite. There's no way we would have been able to do all the resorts like we did without the car. In 2010 and for this trip, I will not have a car. I will be staying a Bonnet Creek and they run a shuttle to the parks which we managed to time well every day but one going to the parks. That actually ended up well as we met a family who was driving to the park (they walked past the shuttle stop, all dressed for Mickey's Halloween Party) and I commented on their costumes and told them I had free parking if they had room for us in their van. (I had the Premiere pass that year) so they not only gave us a ride there, but told us they were staying till close and if we were also, they would give us a ride back, saving us a cab ride.

Because of my pass, I had park hopping, but I only used it once, on my first day I spent a few hours at Magic Kingdom before my friend arrived. After she arrived, we went to Epcot for Food & Wine fun. We also had a split day the day of the Halloween Party, but other than traveling between Epcot and MK, it just takes too long to be super practical. I am not adding Park Hopping to my ticket this trip (unless I upgrade to the Premiere pass again - still on the fence about that), but even if I do, I have no plans to use hopping. I've already planned Magic Kingdom as my park on my Mickey Party day and I have an Ohana ADR after my day at Animal Kingdom. Plus, being off season, the parks close early enough that it really isn't helpful.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #385
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone. . Hope everyone having a lovely day.

As I stated I grew up on the east coast. From Vero beach FL. Watched WDW go from one park to four. Yes it can be overwhelming. If any of you ever need help with anything at WDW just ask. I have been there many times.

I find Disneyland much different. Personally did not like them taking down the California letters. Each park should be unique.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #386
ten6mom
Mouseketeer

Hi Ladies... I don't have anything exciting but in an effort to "just jump in and chat" as so many have suggested... here I go!

First of all... super excited about those who have seen and are going to see Wicked! I am not a theater person but that one along with Phantom and Les Mis are just super awesome!

I was in Disneyland in July for a couple of days on a last minute/pseudo birthday trip. It wasn't until after I got back that I started finding out about Disney/Disneyland chat rooms (is this a chat room???) and found out how much of the park I had been missing in my 30-plus years of going. (Never been to WDW and not sure whether I want to, truthfully). Much of what I realized I was missing was thanks to MyYearWithTheMouse (thank you Shelby!!!) so I have decided that for our upcoming trip in October, we are gonna take some time to do things other that just rides. My kids (2 boys- 8 and 5) are less than thrilled.. but guess what.. I am the mommy! This will be the first time the boys have gone without their dad (the divorce was final in June) so I am a little worried about that... but my sister and her family are going and so are my parents so I hope that will alleviate some of the daddy missing.

Anyway, on this trip in July it was just me and a friend, and we really rushed through because we didn't know all the things that we were missing! After doing lots of "research" I am hoping for a much more fulfilling trip with the kiddos. Of course we will do all the big rides... and some of the smaller ones too. Do you know, I have NEVER been on the Storybook Land Canal Boats????

Am debating about MHP... I was going to convert my parkhoppers to AP's my first day and try to get tickets for MHP for the next day at the AP price... but my research suggests they might be sold out by then. I really can't see spending $54 MORE dollars per person .... so trying to decide if it's worth it! Money is always such an issue!!! I can't even see spending $46 per person... but that's better than $54!

I am excited for a potential coffee meet with Stacie and Heather, both also of the greater Phoenix metropolitan area!

And I am seriously considering booking a room for the event in February/March... way down the street due to above mentioned $$$ problems... and just being ready for a potential roommate if one should present herself. What do you think?

Thanks ladies... I look forward to getting to know you all!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #387
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am so jealous of you girls who live close to the parks, and can decide to go almost whenever. I so wish I could do that. Maybe one day!

I can see how it would be crazy busy there this weekend though, with it being a long weekend and the race on top of it. I would probably be avoiding this weekend, even if I did live there. Unless I was involved in the races, which is also something I'd love to try one day. Something about it being a Disney race makes running sound so much more appealing! Haha.

And ten6mom, I know what you mean about finding out so much about the parks from these boards. I learned so much before going on my first trip (in 13 years) and got to experience so much more than I probably would have without these boards. They are so awesome. I have also met some great people from here. They really are great boards!

I am getting so excited for this trip! Now that my flight is booked, it seems so real. Being so far away, Disneyland used to be just a dream. Now this will be my 3rd trip in less than 3 years, and I love that I am able to do it so much now! I just wished I lived closer so I could go even more often! Haha. Oh well. We are hoping to go as a family in Dec 2013, and I am really looking forward to that!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #388
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
HAHA, you reminded me of another favorite moment. My 16 year old asked if he could have his hair cut at MK. I agreed and then it ended up that my youngest got his hair cut and my nephew and my husband! The ladies at the barber shop were awesome and actually gave a great hair cut! Made for some great photos too!
That's so cool! And what a great souvenir! When we were there I was laughing because a family came in, brother and sister in the 8-11yo range. The little girl wanted Pixie Dust in her hair (and if I don't get a cut next time, I'm definitely getting Pixie Dust!), so they sat her up on the chair and put some in. Then the barber said to the boy, who was the older one, "Do you want some Pixie Dust too?" and he shrugged and said, "Nah." So then she said, "What about some Pirate Dust?" and his face lit up and of course got the same glitter and confetti. I love that Disney Magic. I blogged about DS's first cut here: http://myyearwiththemouse.com/2011/0...first-haircut/

Quote:
We did do some ADR's but we also ended up just walking up to a few places and getting in. Our last night we had two meal credits left and at 8 oclock I walked up to Crystal Palace and asked if we could get in. The lady told me no, they were booked solid and I had best settle for counter service. Then a nice lady in the booth behind her looked at her screen and said she could fit us in, no problem! It was awesome! When we got done eating we walked out onto the porch right as the fireworks went off and had a great view without waiting or fighting for a spot. It was wonderful!
That is super-cool! It's good to know that can still happen. And so awesome that you got a fireworks view! I really liked WDW's dining plan (the DLR one is a joke). We ended up using two credits for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (LOVED IT!) and a quick service for the other dinner and it worked out perfectly. I feel like I'll be so much better prepared for our next trip. I keep trying to get DH to make it next year. For some reason he seems resistant...

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #389
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
You can do it! We don't bite, I promise. LOL
Well, we will but it costs extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post

I find Disneyland much different. Personally did not like them taking down the California letters. Each park should be unique.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I liked the letters. Then again, I was one of the rare guests who enjoyed DCA even before the changes. I'm sure it's amazing now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten6mom View Post
Hi Ladies... I don't have anything exciting but in an effort to "just jump in and chat" as so many have suggested... here I go!

First of all... super excited about those who have seen and are going to see Wicked! I am not a theater person but that one along with Phantom and Les Mis are just super awesome!

I'm not really a theater person either. We have Phantom here on the Strip, but it's a shortened version of the Broadway play. It was still spectacular though. I recently saw Mary Poppins and that was pretty neat, too. Oh, and we saw Beauty and the Beast as well. So, while I haven't seen very many, the ones I have seen, we've enjoyed.

I was in Disneyland in July for a couple of days on a last minute/pseudo birthday trip. It wasn't until after I got back that I started finding out about Disney/Disneyland chat rooms (is this a chat room???) and found out how much of the park I had been missing in my 30-plus years of going. (Never been to WDW and not sure whether I want to, truthfully). Much of what I realized I was missing was thanks to MyYearWithTheMouse (thank you Shelby!!!) so I have decided that for our upcoming trip in October, we are gonna take some time to do things other that just rides. My kids (2 boys- 8 and 5) are less than thrilled.. but guess what.. I am the mommy! This will be the first time the boys have gone without their dad (the divorce was final in June) so I am a little worried about that... but my sister and her family are going and so are my parents so I hope that will alleviate some of the daddy missing.

Sorry to hear about your recent divorce. Your October trip sounds like it will be very special though, with all the family joining you. I love Halloween, so October is one of my favorite times to be in the parks. And, I'm sure all your new planning will make it extras fun for the kids.

Anyway, on this trip in July it was just me and a friend, and we really rushed through because we didn't know all the things that we were missing! After doing lots of "research" I am hoping for a much more fulfilling trip with the kiddos. Of course we will do all the big rides... and some of the smaller ones too. Do you know, I have NEVER been on the Storybook Land Canal Boats????

Aw, I love that ride. I won't wait in a long line for it, because it move so slowly, but if you can time it right, it's so cute!! I really enjoy it. You'll like it, I think.

Am debating about MHP... I was going to convert my parkhoppers to AP's my first day and try to get tickets for MHP for the next day at the AP price... but my research suggests they might be sold out by then. I really can't see spending $54 MORE dollars per person .... so trying to decide if it's worth it! Money is always such an issue!!! I can't even see spending $46 per person... but that's better than $54!

I hear ya on that! It's so expensive. Ouch! But, I'm a sucker for anything Halloween. lol

I am excited for a potential coffee meet with Stacie and Heather, both also of the greater Phoenix metropolitan area!

Heather and Stacie are both great! I hope it works out for you to meet up with them.

And I am seriously considering booking a room for the event in February/March... way down the street due to above mentioned $$$ problems... and just being ready for a potential roommate if one should present herself. What do you think?

Do it, Karisa! You should definitely give it a try. It's a lot of fun, and if for some reason you don't enjoy it, well, then you never have to do it again. But, if you don't, you'll always wonder how much fun you could have had.

Thanks ladies... I look forward to getting to know you all!
My replies are in blue.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #390
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYearWithTheMouse View Post
Then the barber said to the boy, who was the older one, "Do you want some Pixie Dust too?" and he shrugged and said, "Nah." So then she said, "What about some Pirate Dust?" and his face lit up and of course got the same glitter and confetti. I love that Disney Magic.
Awww, you gotta love that!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: