Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #2251
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

I'm sick. Horribly, awfully sick. I feel like hell. I've got coughing fits if I try to breath too deeply, scratchy throat, runny nose and just feeling so run down. I hate being sick. I'll be spending the day in bed, trying to breath, drinking as much fluids as I can, and having a huge pity party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Have there been any updates on the WIWF tour? It's the only thing I haven't paid for and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to swing it, depending on when a check is due.
I sent a message awhile back on Facebook to all those doing the tour. Since the group is so small, only about 4 people, each person is going to call at the 30 day mark and book their own reservation.
So, no need to worry about sending a check. When the 30 day mark comes up, if you are able to swing it, just call and make your reservation.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #2252
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I'm sick. Horribly, awfully sick. I feel like hell. I've got coughing fits if I try to breath too deeply, scratchy throat, runny nose and just feeling so run down. I hate being sick. I'll be spending the day in bed, trying to breath, drinking as much fluids as I can, and having a huge pity party.
Get better soon Beth
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #2253
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Well ladies my Annual Pass expires today but we went out with a bang. I had one of the best trips ever yesterday!! It was a wee bit crowded (meaning really crowded) but we made the best of it and once the fireworks were over, it was dead and we closed down the park.

And after many, many times of riding Star Tours, I finally got chosen as the rebel spy and I had the weirdest look on my face. Cliff found it amusing and felt the need to remind me about it all night. The first thing he told Devin when we saw him was "Your mom got chosen as the rebel spy on Star Tours. You should have seen her face" then he cracked up hysterically for a few minutes...glad I could make him laugh.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #2254
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Oh man Beth sorry you got the bug. Katy was super sick last week with the flu or whatever it was. She missed 2 days of school and is still not 100% but better than she was. Then Friday night I fell and hurt my ankle. ER said sprain but I am going to ortho tomorrow as it feels worse than that and I heard it snap. I stepped in a hole and my foot went completely sideways while my leg was straight. So I am stressing a bit about the trip. I know it is a ways a way but the nurse said even with a bad sprain it could take 6 to 8 weeks and disney is a lot of walking on a normal leg. So I may be getting a scooter who knows. Will know more tomorrow after I go to the doc.

Hope you feel better quick and this doesn't keep you down. Sucks I know!! We had hoped to get flu shots and I was investigating getting them at the drug store as I didn't want to go to 2 different docs but Katy got sick before and I guess you can't get the shot if you are sick. SOOO we might get them in a week or two.

Katy has a big cheer comp this Sunday and shelby starts basketball today so I am feeling pretty helpless not able to drive and help out but my family has been helping so I am grateful.

Been talking with my team and we are working on a name! Mom is going to be getting a scooter so if I have to get one we will def be racers LOL.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #2255
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Get better soon Beth
Thanks, Katie! I've been drinking hot water with lemon and honey. Tastes gross, to me, but hoping it will help. At the very least, it's soothing my throat.
I'm also chilling in bed and watching, "Ted". It's really a horrible movie!! I would not recommend it, but right now I'm to sick to care. LOL

Quote:
Well ladies my Annual Pass expires today but we went out with a bang. I had one of the best trips ever yesterday!! It was a wee bit crowded (meaning really crowded) but we made the best of it and once the fireworks were over, it was dead and we closed down the park.
Awww, I'm sorry. But, sounds like you gave it a good farewell. Will you renew at all? Maybe a lower level?

Kelly, thanks for the well wishes. I'm sorry Katy was sick. It's worse when our kids are sick. Noelle's been coughing for over a month now. Going for her 4th doctor appt later today. Anyway, glad Katy is on the mend, and I hope your ankle isn't too bad! Disney is a lot of walking.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #2256
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:

And after many, many times of riding Star Tours, I finally got chosen as the rebel spy and I had the weirdest look on my face. Cliff found it amusing and felt the need to remind me about it all night. The first thing he told Devin when we saw him was "Your mom got chosen as the rebel spy on Star Tours. You should have seen her face" then he cracked up hysterically for a few minutes...glad I could make him laugh.
So sad when a pass expires. Sounds like you had a great final day!

Feel better Beth, at least you'll be all over it by the trip.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #2257
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Get well soon, Beth!!

Aw, I was just checking out the photos on MarathonPhoto from this weekend. I actually really like the pre-race shot they took of me and Sarah.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #2258
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Beth, and anyone else feeling crummy, hope you feel better soon.
I was sick (with three different things) from Christmas Eve to a week after New Year's. It was horrible!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing great!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #2259
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella
Get well soon, Beth!!

Aw, I was just checking out the photos on MarathonPhoto from this weekend. I actually really like the pre-race shot they took of me and Sarah.
I like it too!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #2260
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Howdy all!

Beth, Kelly and the rest of you with the ickies, FEEL BETTER!

Congrats to Grandma Jill! The baby is adorable! (pics on Facebook)

Nothing much going on here today. Dishes, laundry and WalMart. Wheeee.

Got my door sign designed and laid out. Just needs a couple more touches. It needs to be blingy enough to be seen from space. LOL Part of the door sign design is going to be able to be incorporated into something for our scavvy team, so double bang for my design-buck there. Woo hoo!

Last edited by LisaCat; 01-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #2261
GeorgiaJill
GeorgiaJill

The same junk is hitting folks in Georgia too!
Will be heading for Disneyland in the morning and will be there until the 31st. Meeting Daisy Swords(Princess Duck), my DIL, and the rest of the Swords family - my son, Chris and two grandkids-Meghan and Donovan. We will have so much fun!! Legoland is on the agenda too!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #2262
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Aw feel better soon!

Was it all the late night parties for Stacie that got you down?

Quote:

LOL this made me laugh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaJill View Post
The same junk is hitting folks in Georgia too!
Will be heading for Disneyland in the morning and will be there until the 31st. Meeting Daisy Swords(Princess Duck), my DIL, and the rest of the Swords family - my son, Chris and two grandkids-Meghan and Donovan. We will have so much fun!! Legoland is on the agenda too!
Hi Jill! Hope you have a fantastic time with your family!

BTW- you did get your sweatshirt, didn't you?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #2263
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That stinks. The crud has been going around my office and I have managed to avoid it. Hope you feel better soon and no one else gets sick close to trip time!

Quote:
I sent a message awhile back on Facebook to all those doing the tour. Since the group is so small, only about 4 people, each person is going to call at the 30 day mark and book their own reservation.
So, no need to worry about sending a check. When the 30 day mark comes up, if you are able to swing it, just call and make your reservation.

Hmm, I didn't get that message. Will we all definitely be with the same tour guide? Or is there just one per day?

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite

Last edited by CamoMama; 01-22-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #2264
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Get well soon, Beth!!

Me too!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #2265
VintageDisneyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
And I am so excited that I am on your team. You have some insider secrets, right??? Well, it doesn't matter. I'm not super competative. No matter what Amy says. We just didn't stop to go to the bathroom because we wanted to have better blatter control.. really!!
Been sending you PM's. Don't know if you got them. Trying to work on names with Kelly. Let me know if the messages are getting to you. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: