Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #2086
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
So, you are going to buy. How kind of you.

Well, that works out splendidly. GS make a trefoil--shortbread, and a savannah smiles---lemon.

Oh this is super.
Is it the lemon coolers? Those used to be only regional and we don't get them up here.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #2087
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Don't know if you saw this but for those of you with a HOJO room booked without the retro rate, today only you can book at 25% off is you are staying for 4 nights. The code is sr6.

Good Luck!
I called on this and it's only good if all 4 nights are booked at that rate, so if you have the first 2 nights already booked at the retro rate, you won't want to change it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #2088
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Lisa I think we are going to do the same. Can you just cancel existing and put the money towards new flights? We bought the cheapest "online" fares they had at the time which were WAY more than this so wasn't sure how that would work. I think we may stay over sunday night now also if we can. Would be 69 to fly back mon versus I think we paid 123 or more.
Go to "change flight" (or maybe it's change reservation) on the right of the SW screen. Enter your confirmation and name info. Select the flights you want to change (check first and see if they are still available to book and if the price went down!) and when it asks you to choose flights, pick the same ones again. If the price went down, you will have a credit for future travel - but it has to be used for the person it was booked under (new this last year - hubby and I used to use each other's reservation funds but that doesn't work any longer).

Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #2089
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Promise? Wow, cookies and I don't even have to lift a finger, they are fed to me. Do I get fanned while I am eating, too?
I gain 5 lbs on this trip already. Add a box of GS cookies and add 2 lbs. I will not be getting fat(ter) alone, dangnabit!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #2090
LisaCat

Just had an inspiration on a door sign..... off to hunt for graphics on the web! Toodles!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #2091
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies! I just spent 5 hours cleaning the kid's rooms. We are having the pest control guy out here later this week and I wanted everything put away and picked up. Yes, they can do it themselves, but I wanted it done the way I like it done. lol Plus, I went through their closets and did some organizing. Didn't see any scorpions, but you never know! I highly doubt there is just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup View Post
I am trying to convince the DH to plan a trip up there. We have family close to Portland and Seattle that we haven't seen in years and I haven't been up there since I was a kid. I heard about a place called Alphie McPhee's that I want to check out and the kids should see the Space Needle.
Oh, you should, especially if you have family.
I searched for Alphie McPhee's and came up with this: http://archiemcpheeseattle.com/ Is that what you meant? If so, it looks like it's got a bunch or neat, wacky stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I would want to do the Thursday Tour if possible. Who is making those reservations?
Tracey, since the groups ended up being so small for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, each person is just making their own reservation. So, on the 30 day mark, just go ahead and call in the morning to book your tour if you want. It's just so much easier that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
I'm leaving Friday to spend 3 weeks in New Jersey for the Sandy relief operation, and may not have computer access. If anything comes up after Friday, I can take care of it when I get back (prob Feb 3rd.)
Sounds like you are all set! Good luck in New Jersey. Sandy really did a number over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
K.. my last pedicure was about a week ago, and my last manicure.. I have acrylic nails so I will be going in for a fill on friday. but I havent had a hair cut in almost a year. I might go in before our trip... I want some purple highlights! I think my old age is making me crazy.
Go for it! Purple highlights sound awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I want purple highlights too, Micah keeps telling me I'm crazy. LOL I also want a wrist tattoo.....but have to decide a style.
A wrist tattoo??? Um....ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I gain 5 lbs on this trip already. Add a box of GS cookies and add 2 lbs. I will not be getting fat(ter) alone, dangnabit!
Well, I'm already starting out fat, so there. lol

Good luck on the door sign! Can't wait to see it.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #2092
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Just booked my flights! Flying JetBlue into LGB Friday afternoon and then returning Sunday.

Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #2093
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Just booked my flights! Flying JetBlue into LGB Friday afternoon and then returning Sunday.
Hooray for a booked flight!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #2094
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Ready, set, go!

Count me in for a booked flight as well! I also switched my room rez to HoJo (thanks LisaCat for the heads up on the discount!) I arrive on Tue, Feb 26th and go home on Mon, Mar 4th. Yippee, one more thing checked off the list!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #2095
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is it the lemon coolers? Those used to be only regional and we don't get them up here.
Very much like lemon coolers. Crescent shaped, powdered sugar. Boxes are small, you should consider several.

Quote:
Just had an inspiration on a door sign..... off to hunt for graphics on the web! Toodles!
Mayhaps you would care to make an extra door sign for your good friend, AmyOkraSue. Just talking outloud.

Quote:

Makes it seem more real, huh?
Quote:
Count me in for a booked flight as well! I also switched my room rez to HoJo (thanks LisaCat for the heads up on the discount!) I arrive on Tue, Feb 26th and go home on Mon, Mar 4th. Yippee, one more thing checked off the list!

Woo hoo. I am lucky, it is a 98 mile drive for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #2096
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

A moment of silence, please.

My AP expires today.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #2097
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Whoo hoo, Jen!!

Quote:
Awesome, Cindy!! Glad you'll be at the Hojo with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
A moment of silence, please.

My AP expires today.
I am truly sorry for your loss, AmySue.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #2098
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup View Post
I am trying to convince the DH to plan a trip up there. We have family close to Portland and Seattle that we haven't seen in years and I haven't been up there since I was a kid. I heard about a place called Alphie McPhee's that I want to check out and the kids should see the Space Needle.
We love seattle. We've used citypass while visiting and think it's a good deal! http://www.citypass.com/seattle

@ Amysue: How many different varieties are there of girl scout cookies? We only have 2 different ones here. I may have to buy a box of each.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #2099
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
We love seattle. We've used citypass while visiting and think it's a good deal! http://www.citypass.com/seattle

@ Amysue: How many different varieties are there of girl scout cookies? We only have 2 different ones here. I may have to buy a box of each.
This year, there are only 6 varieties. Last year, I think 9.

Types: 1) DosiDos=peanut butter sandwich cookie. The cookie parts are kind of nubbley since have oatmeal in them.

2) Thin Mints=chocolate cover chocolate/mint wafer

3) Samoas= chocolate carmel coconut

4) Trefoil=shortbread with a sprinkle of sugar on top.

5) Tagalongs=chocolate covered wafer cookie with a bit of peanutbutter on top of the cookie part.

6) Savannah Smiles= lemon cookie in a crescent shape covered with powdered sugar.

I did not describe them particularly well, by the way. If you go to littlebrowniebakers.com, it will have a good description.

I cannot officially take orders until season opens for sales for our area council, which is January 27....so think about it.

I have only been to Seattle once, and it was more a visit than vacation, so did not see much besides my friend's home and specialty practice.

I think I should go.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #2100
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Go Lisa, Go!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: