Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #2041
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Getting very excited for the upcoming trip.
More excited that tomorrow my oldest daughter is having her second baby. Noelani is coming via csec in the morning. I have my grandson here now enjoying a little alone time with him so his mommy can get a good nights sleep.l

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #2042
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Lisa, I didn't find your pin - and I looked in every store in DL, CA, and DTD. Sorry.
Thank you SO MUCH for looking. I was afraid it was sold out. Oh well.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #2043
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong;47093939

Hey AmySue - how ya doing??? I'm in the same boat - not catching up now....... Hopefully I'll be able to get my head in the game soon though. Hopefully. It is getting closer and closer....................... Which also means my birthday is getting closer and closer! [SIZE="1"
All right, in the interests of full disclosure and fairness ( ) it's also Angie's b-day (luvs you Angie, my roomie!!!).[/SIZE]

I am doing okay, currrently have a miserable cold, and I have totally lost patience with it. How many days until your birthday? Mine is in 304 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
AmyOkraSue, are ya wanting a tee-shirt this year? It's not pink.....
Not this year, Mel, thanks for thinking of me. Work hours massively reduced in June, unable to find another position.....only buying essentials for now.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #2044
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Received some checks today from Lorinda M, Tina G, and Heather S.

Thanks ladies.

Amy, totally understand.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #2045
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
Getting very excited for the upcoming trip.
More excited that tomorrow my oldest daughter is having her second baby. Noelani is coming via csec in the morning. I have my grandson here now enjoying a little alone time with him so his mommy can get a good nights sleep.l
Congrats Michele. I hope everything went well today.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #2046
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good afternoon! Is it time for bed yet?? I am exhausted. Some of you read on FB that my son found a scorpion in his room last night. Well, after that I could not sleep. Talk about paranoid. I kept thinking I saw things moving and crawling everywhere. Last time I checked the clock it was 3 a.m. Not sure when I drifted off.

Anyway, the kids are back in school today. Super quiet around here. I cleaned the kitchen this morning and guess what....it's still clean!!! For now. Until they get home. lol

So, is everyone up to date on their "letters"? January 10th is right around the corner! Did everyone who wants one, order their new group shirt? What about the scavenger hunt? All signed up for that? Those signed up for Fantasmic, don't forget to send Bridget a "letter" for that, too.
What else... oh, the Meet and Greet. Those "letters" should all be in by now. Deadline has passed for that, unless you've spoken with Capri and made other arrangements.

I think that's it. For now. I like how there's no activity with the trip for months on end, then bam! Sudden crunch time to get reservations made, shirts ordered, etc. Then, ahhhh, relaxation time again. Until.... time to pack!! Uh oh, panic sets in. Where's my suitcase?? Do I have my matching shirts? Where is my exchange gift? What should I put on my door sign?? And, I need to find time for my mani/pedi/hair cut!!
Then, before you know it, we are all at Disneyland, laughing, eating, catching up (not really caring if you got that mani/pedi/haircut after all) and having a blast with friends, both old and new. Yep. Can't wait.

Have a good day, ladies.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #2047
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Hmm yes mani/pedi Hair ... Just realized I am stuck in Blythe ... where to go? Is there even a place? If I find one will I come out looking better or worse....ARG>>>

Last trip ... 6/2/2012 thru 6/6/2012

recent trip : Last week of April 2011

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
Old 01-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #2048
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

By the way my name needs to be added to the lists: Scavenger Hunt, Meet and Greet, and I am staying at HOJO's

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #2049
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda View Post
Hmm yes mani/pedi Hair ... Just realized I am stuck in Blythe ... where to go? Is there even a place? If I find one will I come out looking better or worse....ARG>>>
That's funny.

You know, I've never had a pedicure in all my 41 years. My last manicure was almost 20 years ago. And, since I had a haircut last August, I probably won't bother with another one. Whew! Knocked those off my list real quick

Quote:
By the way my name needs to be added to the lists: Scavenger Hunt, Meet and Greet, and I am staying at HOJO's
OKay, added you to all but the hunt list. I don't keep a list for that, Katie/MamaKate does.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #2050
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Thank you SO MUCH for looking. I was afraid it was sold out. Oh well.
I think it sold out quickly. One guy I asked kind of laughed and said that he hadn't had any for weeks. It was interesting looking for a special pin like that. I always asked a CM to make sure they didn't have it, and one guy that I told I was looking for an AP pin said "An inky pin?" Or maybe he meant "an inky pen", but I was standing right in front of the pin display. He did go ask someone else, though, when I explained what I was looking for, so he was trying to be helpful!!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #2051
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's funny.

You know, I've never had a pedicure in all my 41 years. My last manicure was almost 20 years ago. And, since I had a haircut last August, I probably won't bother with another one. Whew! Knocked those off my list real quick

OKay, added you to all but the hunt list. I don't keep a list for that, Katie/MamaKate does.
Thank you apparently I am still staying at HOJO'S as I have not been able to find a victim ummm err roomy yet for DLH

Old 01-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #2052
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Oh and what is this about a "Door sign" where is that info listed? I missed it.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #2053
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Some people make signs for their hotel doors. I haven't for a couple years, but made a whole pirate map one the year that that was more our theme.

It is silly and fun, and you can tell which rooms have attendees in them due to the signs.

Oh, on another note: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES: I will likely be able to bring girl scout cookies for anyone who orders them from me.

The timing is usually right for my daughter's troop, and she is overjoyed by anyone who cares to participate. I will provide more info as the time comes nearer.

Like the way I can always make it about me?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #2054
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

And another post about ME ME ME...weird, but my post count has gone down from about 5000 to what it shows now.

Does this mean, that I am that confused, and it was my OTHER personality that made previous posts?

Curioser and curioser.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #2055
mommaU4

Quote:
Thank you apparently I am still staying at HOJO'S as I have not been able to find a victim ummm err roomy yet for DLH
Well, I think most of the ladies are rooming at the Hojo this year. A few at other area hotels. Maybe trying to cut costs? Sometimes, even with a roomie, the DL hotels can be so expensive. That's my guess. But, you can try asking again on the DIS Divas FB page and see if there are any takers. If you just ask on here, you probably won't get anyone as most of the group only reads on FB nowadays.

Quote:
As Amy said, it's just a fun thing we do, especially when there is a large group staying at one place. It lets others know who's in what rooms and where. So you can room hop and visit. I'll see if I can find some examples of door signs from trips past and post them for those who are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Like the way I can always make it about me?
Well, I like Girl Scout cookies, so yes, I guess that you do make it all about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
And another post about ME ME ME...weird, but my post count has gone down from about 5000 to what it shows now.

Does this mean, that I am that confused, and it was my OTHER personality that made previous posts?

Curioser and curioser.
Weird. My post count better not go down!! I've worked hard on that thing over the years.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: