Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #1996
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
That's me right?? I just want to make sure because it's a little off from how I spell my name. LOL Not a big deal, just making sure I'm on there.

I'm so ready for the weekend....anyone else????
Yes that's you. I probably spelled others names wrong too, but it was a major accomplishment that I actually got the list up in the first place . Life is still a little hectic. I did fix the spelling though and it will be correct from now on .
Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #1997
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
There are no oldies in this group!

Lorinda, I was looking at your signature, and I also have 3 daughters and 1 son.
No sons-in-law or grand kids yet though! lol (My son is 18, my girls are 16, 12, and 12, so there better not be any grand kids anytime soon!!)
Some day, I hope.
My son is 34 daughters 33, 28, and about to turn 25 this month
Yes I was a young mama . My grands are 13,12,12,8,5,4 now !
Time sure flys

Last trip ... 6/2/2012 thru 6/6/2012

recent trip : Last week of April 2011

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #1998
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda View Post
My son is 34 daughters 33, 28, and about to turn 25 this month
Yes I was a young mama . My grands are 13,12,12,8,5,4 now !
Time sure flys
Another young mama here .... and a young grandma too!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #1999
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
If I recall correctly, I bribed...errr, umm, I mean twisted your arm to participate last year.
Darn, my schedule is already full for that day. SNAP! I'm so sorry. There is nothing that can be done. This middle-aged, hot-flashing lady has already made reservations (non-refundable) to relax, point, and laugh for the scavenger hunt this year.

I'm sure there are some younglings you can bribe and arm twist....ahem....Wendy and Tammy....your turn!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #2000
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Darn, my schedule is already full for that day. SNAP! I'm so sorry. There is nothing that can be done. This middle-aged, hot-flashing lady has already made reservations (non-refundable) to relax, point, and laugh for the scavenger hunt this year.

I'm sure there are some younglings you can bribe and arm twist....ahem....Wendy and Tammy....your turn!
I signed up...never done any type of scavenger hunt before. You ladies are scaring me! What have I gotten myself into ?

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !

Last edited by Lorinda; 01-04-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #2001
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Yes that's you. I probably spelled others names wrong too, but it was a major accomplishment that I actually got the list up in the first place . Life is still a little hectic. I did fix the spelling though and it will be correct from now on .
Oh no worries, just wanted to be sure it was me I thought I was the only "Kerri/Kerry/Kerrie/Carrie/etc etc etc" but thought I check

Quote:
I signed up...never done any type of scavenger hunt before. You ladies are scaring me! What have I gotten myself into ?
'eh, it will be fun!!!!!

Happy Friday everyone!! I'm going to take Monday off work, it's Micah's birthday and I'm going to give him some money to spend at the fish stores around us, ones we don't go to all the time. He will like that. I think I'll have the girls give him some Star Trek shot glasses I found and in IOU for a "date" to see the new Star Trek movie that's opening in May, because we will probably all want to see that. And I'll take him to Benihana's to eat. I'm excited about that!! We are members of their "club" so for our birthday months we get $30 certificates to use but they are only good Monday-Thursday and since BH is about 40 minutes away we don't go there to eat that much, I figure the combination of fish stores and BH is good for his day. Nothing else planned, not working at the bar this weekend so no pressure there, maybe we will go see a movie later
What's everyone up to?

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #2002
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I shall relax, point and laugh with you.

Quote:
Aww, don't listen to them. It's fine. Last year the hunt had a very creative theme and you could tell a lot of work was put into it by the scavenger hunt committee, but it was very challenging. There was a lot to accomplish, and I think teams were just exhausted by the time it was over.

However, I know that the team has listened to input from the ladies and this year they have promised it's going to be much more simple and the focus is going to be back on just having fun with it. So, don't worry. You'll do just fine.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #2003
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
What's everyone up to?
I was just reading through your plans for Micah's birthday. I have no clue what to do for Ruben. His birthday is January 13. I am truly stumped. You mentioned Micah is into Star Trek, but Ruben isn't into any thing like that. He's not into sports, doesn't collect anything. He is so hard to shop for!
He wants a gun holster but I don't know the first thing about that. I'll have to get creative and see what I can come up with. He likes to do things rather than own things, if that makes sense. So maybe a night out... somewhere... hmmm.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #2004
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I found the monkey bride! She was hiding in the back of the attic today. Eeeee!

Any word on the rules for scavvy hunt team names? I have something in mind.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #2005
Lorinda
Mouseketeer

Is there a facebook page for this group of ladies?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #2006
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hey gals!

I was doing some checking around and found out that its cheaper to fly back home on Monday instead of Sunday, so I changed flights and am staying another day!! I am so excited!

So I can definitely make Mimi's breakfast now, and enjoy the rest of the day roaming the parks!

Not sure yet if Paula or Karisa can stay with me the extra night, so I might have extra room if someone wants to join me. Or of anyone has room for one extra night if they can't then I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #2007
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas
He is cute now!! Before he was just illegal
I like big butts and I cannot lie

Ok gals! I just called to confirm my hotel ressies and he was like.. oh yes, you have 2 reservations.. on for 2 nights, and the othr for the next 2 nights. The way he was saying was like we were going to have to switch rooms!! When I asked abut that he said no.. probably not. LOL!! I hope not!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #2008
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
If you didn't, you might want to request to be on a "Low Rider" team. It will be a little less intense and a good way to ease into the fun. LOL

We have a few teams that are super competitive (do you know what "Mouse Adventures" is? Yeah. Professional grade Disney Scavenger Hunters. It's madness, I tell you! ROFL!)

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #2009
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
Ok gals! I just called to confirm my hotel ressies and he was like.. oh yes, you have 2 reservations.. on for 2 nights, and the othr for the next 2 nights. The way he was saying was like we were going to have to switch rooms!! When I asked abut that he said no.. probably not. LOL!! I hope not!
Well that is confusing! How come they aren't just down for 4 nights total?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #2010
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
If you didn't, you might want to request to be on a "Low Rider" team. It will be a little less intense and a good way to ease into the fun. LOL

We have a few teams that are super competitive (do you know what "Mouse Adventures" is? Yeah. Professional grade Disney Scavenger Hunters. It's madness, I tell you! ROFL!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: