Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #1861
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPinup
Sure, that sounds good Do you know how much the ice skating is?

Where is that one located?

Thanks Beth!
On Harbor just south of Katella.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #1862
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!

Happy New Year (almost) to all the Divas. I haven't been around much, but I'm impressed on how beautifully the trip planning has come together.

I've sent my checks for the adorable t-shirt (blinged) and the Meet & Greet

For meals, I know we're not keeping track of the counter service, but count me in for Rancho del Zocalo and Trader Sams on Wednesday, and Earl of Sandwhich on Thurs.

Also, if you could add me to the Mimi's reservation for Sunday, that would be great.

I"m looking forward to seeing so many wonderful friends in @ 2 months. Wow, time sure goes fast!
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #1863
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks so much Sarah!

Jen I sent you a pm.

So we are going on NYE and were going to do ART cuz we are staying a ways off site. Do you think the Toy Story lot would be better? I have a premium so I have free parking. I just didn't want mom to have to stand and wait forever at that late hour. Anyone??

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #1864
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Thanks so much Sarah!

Jen I sent you a pm.

So we are going on NYE and were going to do ART cuz we are staying a ways off site. Do you think the Toy Story lot would be better? I have a premium so I have free parking. I just didn't want mom to have to stand and wait forever at that late hour. Anyone??
We always use the Toy Story lot. Every evening we been there they are running shuttle after shuttle. They do have people standing but if your mom doesn't want to stand wait and be the first on the next one .... it'll be lined up right behind the full one. Make sense???
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #1865
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=kandyk;47004846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hey Beth, Not sure if it is too late, but I really want to do Trader Sam's Wednesday night.
/QUOTE]

Do we have a time when we are meeting up for drinks there too? That's always a good time.
I'd like to meet up for drinks at one point. That sounds fun! I am thinking I might want to try and catch WoC on the Friday night of the girls trip, and maybe some drinks after. Does that get in the way of anything that's planned already?

Mel, I sent your cheque out on Monday, but with the holidays, it might take a little longer. Hope it gets there on time!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #1866
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
Happy New Year (almost) to all the Divas. I haven't been around much, but I'm impressed on how beautifully the trip planning has come together.

I've sent my checks for the adorable t-shirt (blinged) and the Meet & Greet

For meals, I know we're not keeping track of the counter service, but count me in for Rancho del Zocalo and Trader Sams on Wednesday, and Earl of Sandwhich on Thurs.

Also, if you could add me to the Mimi's reservation for Sunday, that would be great.

I"m looking forward to seeing so many wonderful friends in @ 2 months. Wow, time sure goes fast!
Hi Chris! Nice to see you around here.

[QUOTE=DisneyStitch626;47008292]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk View Post

I'd like to meet up for drinks at one point. That sounds fun! I am thinking I might want to try and catch WoC on the Friday night of the girls trip, and maybe some drinks after. Does that get in the way of anything that's planned already?

Mel, I sent your cheque out on Monday, but with the holidays, it might take a little longer. Hope it gets there on time!
Andrea, you are OK with your payment. No worries!

It might work out to do Trader Sam's Friday night after the show. Another nice spot to go is The Lounge at Napa. Totally different atmosphere, but fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
OK but you're not sitting in a warehouse that is literally freezing.....I am. For 8 hours a day I am frozen, I'd much rather be too hot than too cold. You need to just move to WA. LOL

I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I could go!
Kerri, i'd rather be hot than cold too. I can't stand to be cold. It takes me forever to warm up. Ask, Beth. One time we waited for Fantasmic to start, and I had on my coat, hat, gloves, a blanket and my cozy Uggs, and I was still shivering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Howdy all!

Beth, your ticker is scaring me.... 61 days? EEK!
Me too !!!

[QUOTE=kandyk;47004846]
Quote:
Hey Beth, Not sure if it is too late, but I really want to do Trader Sam's Wednesday night.
/QUOTE]

Do we have a time when we are meeting up for drinks there too? That's always a good time.
Well we can always have some drinks Wednesday night.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #1867
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
We always use the Toy Story lot. Every evening we been there they are running shuttle after shuttle. They do have people standing but if your mom doesn't want to stand wait and be the first on the next one .... it'll be lined up right behind the full one. Make sense???
The shuttles are great from there. Lots of them, like Linda said. They even have their own route, that bypasses much of Harbor, and once they get to the parks, they have their own area for loading and unloading.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #1868
kelmac284

Thanks Linda and Mel. I really didn't want to do the art and since we have our own car but I was afraid if we parked in the Mickey lot that when it got out the lines would be horrendous. I will def check it out!!

Mel I gave mom the amount and your address but then she lost it so she gave me a check yesterday and I am mailing it today! Sorry for the delay but it will be on it's way!! Hey that rhymed LOL.

Anyway we are off bright and early tomorrow so again Happy New Year everyone and can't wait once I get back to get in full trip planning mode. So excited!!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #1869
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Fly by

Just a quick fly-by to wish everyone a great New Year! I had a nice Christmas in Modesto, and now I'm in Sacramento visiting a friend, and I leave Sunday for DL.

Quote:
And the Holiday nickel machines are onstage (finally) at DL and DCA. Is anybody willing to pick up a set for me? There is a machine in DL in the Opera House (Mr Lincoln exit) and one in Kidwell Camera in DCA. Each one has 3 designs so it would require a total of 6 nickels and 18 quarters to do all 6 coins. PM me if you think you can pick them up for me. You wouldn't have to mail them, I can wait till the Diva trip. Thanks!
Lisa - are you still looking for someone to do this? I'd be happy to. Let me know. (I think I'm in your 'hood at the moment - isn't that funny!)

Quote:
Then on wed we are taking the girls ice skating in DTD and hopefully meeting up with Cindy.
I'm looking forward to it! I may have my uncle with me too!

I'm very excited about my DL trip. I'm doing the Holiday tour on the 31st, and the Walk in Walt's DL Footsteps tour on the 3rd (thanks to Mary Jo's great review!)

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #1870
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
On Harbor just south of Katella.
Right next to the Red Lion actually We walked to the TS lot from the RL in August and it was about a 3 minute walk.

Quote:
Thanks so much Sarah!

Jen I sent you a pm.

Do the TS lot. Just so much easier. And ART, when we've ridden ART it's always full and we always have to stand the entire ride because people don't know how to share seats anymore. lol Where are you staying again?

Quote:

It might work out to do Trader Sam's Friday night after the show. Another nice spot to go is The Lounge at Napa. Totally different atmosphere, but fun too.

Kerri, i'd rather be hot than cold too. I can't stand to be cold. It takes me forever to warm up. Ask, Beth. One time we waited for Fantasmic to start, and I had on my coat, hat, gloves, a blanket and my cozy Uggs, and I was still shivering.
That's how I am too, always cold....always. LOL Drives me nuts but it's part of why I prefer working in an office and why I moved away from Idaho....LOL That said, it's just about as cold here as it is in Idaho right now. lol
If people want to do drinks Friday night I could be down for that. I wish I could make it Wednesday but it will be hard enough to get Thursday and Friday off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Just a quick fly-by to wish everyone a great New Year! I had a nice Christmas in Modesto, and now I'm in Sacramento visiting a friend, and I leave Sunday for DL.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I'm so glad it's Friday. lol I'm just ready for the week to be over. I do need to get some work done though so I gotta run.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #1871
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Hi ladies!

Just checking in since I don't do that very often. I'm such a FaceBooger these days...the dark side of online communication.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #1872
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Howdy all!

Beth, your ticker is scaring me.... 61 days? EEK!
60 days now!! It's coming up fast and furious now!! Lots of details and plans to pay attention to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk View Post

Looking at the schedule, it appears that Friday evening would be the best option.

What time?? 9:00? 10:00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
I just made that reservation today, but I can still add you. The manager was very nice.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #1873
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Do any of you locals/cast members know if they still have the 4th pin in the passholder set available at the parks? I have the first three and need the last one (Mickey). It wasn't out yet when I was there in October. And I can't find it on ebay either. Help! LOL

Old 12-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #1874
kelmac284

Sarah we are staying at the Staybridge on Manchester for the first few days which would include the 31st. We are moving over to the DLH on the 2nd and I guess we were lucky because we got the last senior discount they were handing out. Looks like it is back to Harbor for us in 13

Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #1875
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies! It's the last weekend of 2012!!

Anyone have any fun plans for New Years Eve on Monday? Even though the Strip is always bustling with activity we've never once spent NYE down there. They close it off to cars and the people take over the streets. It's fun to watch on tv, but I do not want to go deal with that mess in person!
We usually have a quiet night at home, just the family. We'll order some food, watch movies and play games until the ball drops. Then, it's off to bed since Ruben works the next morning. Not very thrilling, but it's what we do. lol

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: