Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #1816
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Capri I am with you and Beth on the break from Disney. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Disney and always will but with the crowds and outrageous price increases I am getting a little tired. We are renewing our AP's this year but I dropped mine back down to a deluxe. With the payments I was able to do the premium for the first and ONLY time last year but mine expires in Jan. So it is back to deluxe for me. The ONLY reason I even renewed is because we are doing the diva trip and the cheer deal and then we are hoping to go at halloween finally next oct. Haven't done halloween since 09 so am really wanting to do that again. After that hard to tell. Will need passes for the cheer/diva trip in 14 however that may be our ONLY trip that year so we may just let the passes go and just get tickets. Who the heck knows LOL. But this summer for our summer trip with the kids I suggested to mom Yosemite and Mt. Rushmore. She is not too keen because of her mobility issues so not sure what we will end up doing but I too am hoping to see some other parts of the world. It all just depends on finances

I will admit I have barely thought about the diva trip with xmas and Katy's birthday and our trip but I know as soon as all this craziness is over I will be getting excited about the diva trip!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 12-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #1817
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I have no idea what to wear, or to buy to wear for the M&G. I am not good at the dress-up thing.
I've got a couple of ideas I'm kicking around. I'm limited by luggage/packing room.

I will have to get a grey T shirt this year. The only grey one I have is reeeeeeeally UGLY. LOL

Other than that, I think I've got all the days covered but the lime green <gag>. I need to look at tie-dying a lime green shirt with navy blue to tone it down. Maybe a Mickey head tie dye if I can figure that out. LOL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1818
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I'm excited about the trip..it's getting close!! My first Diva trip, although I have met many of you already I'm looking forward to meeting more of you.

Who's ready for Christmas??????

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 12-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #1819
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Just giving this a bump in case others who are not of Facebook missed it.

I know it was a bit cryptic, but we can't talk about you-know-what, so I was crossing my fingers that everyone knew what I meant. I'm sorry if you didn't see it.
OMG, I can't believe I missed that! Apparently, the huge purple font was too subtle for me!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #1820
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat

I've got a couple of ideas I'm kicking around. I'm limited by luggage/packing room.

I will have to get a grey T shirt this year. The only grey one I have is reeeeeeeally UGLY. LOL

Other than that, I think I've got all the days covered but the lime green <gag>. I need to look at tie-dying a lime green shirt with navy blue to tone it down. Maybe a Mickey head tie dye if I can figure that out. LOL

I love that you think you're going to tone something down by tie-dying it. You make me smile

Old 12-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #1821
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
OMG, I can't believe I missed that! Apparently, the huge purple font was too subtle for me!
Haha! Well, it was my fault. I should have bumped it a few times after I posted it, and I didn't. I'm sure many others did not see it here on our thread. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Who's ready for Christmas??????
Me! Me! Thanks to Amazon flash deals, I even stayed within budget. Score!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
I love that you think you're going to tone something down by tie-dying it. You make me smile
LOL! So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
What is this "limited by luggage/packing room" you speak of? There's no such thing. There's always room.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1822
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Good Morning! DBF and I are going to see This is 40 tonight. Then we're going to the LA Zoo tomorrow.

I'm all done with my Christmas shopping, just need to wrap.

I have to work on Monday but at least I get Christmas off. I work for a newspaper so we never close.

I'm really excited for the new 10K race Disney announced. It's the day before the Half Marathon in September and if you do both you get a Dumbo Double Dare medal! Wendy, Jessica, are you guys going to do both?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #1823
sierranevada
DISDiva

Good morning ladies! I am done with shopping (also thanks to Amazon because I don't do malls!), wrapping and Christmas dinner shopping - yeah!

Beth - only suggestion on meal times is the BBQ - I would do it earlier - around 11:30 or 11:45. Two reasons - it is a big meal and gives more time to "digest" before dinner that night and it will be easier to get a large group in on the earlier side. All other times look good.

Off to San Francisco this weekend with a close friend flying up from LA. We had planned on lots of site seeing and shopping at Union Square but have a feeling it will be raining - yuck! Oh well - got us a room at the St. Francis (love old style SF) so will still have a great time.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #1824
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Good Morning! DBF and I are going to see This is 40 tonight. Then we're going to the LA Zoo tomorrow.

I'm all done with my Christmas shopping, just need to wrap.

I have to work on Monday but at least I get Christmas off. I work for a newspaper so we never close.

I'm really excited for the new 10K race Disney announced. It's the day before the Half Marathon in September and if you do both you get a Dumbo Double Dare medal! Wendy, Jessica, are you guys going to do both?
HI Sarah! Wow, two Marathons, back to back. Youza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Good morning ladies! I am done with shopping (also thanks to Amazon because I don't do malls!), wrapping and Christmas dinner shopping - yeah!

Beth - only suggestion on meal times is the BBQ - I would do it earlier - around 11:30 or 11:45. Two reasons - it is a big meal and gives more time to "digest" before dinner that night and it will be easier to get a large group in on the earlier side. All other times look good.

Off to San Francisco this weekend with a close friend flying up from LA. We had planned on lots of site seeing and shopping at Union Square but have a feeling it will be raining - yuck! Oh well - got us a room at the St. Francis (love old style SF) so will still have a great time.

Love Frisco at Christmas. We usually stay at the Villa Florence, I think right down the street. One year, we were there during a big rain. It was kind of fun. Everyone had their umbrellas up, bags in hand, hustling and bustling, and so on. That along with all the wonderful Christmas decorations, made me feel like I was in a movie or Christmas card.

I would agree on the BBQ time. Although, I am not going to have dinner that night anywhos, after eating at the BBQ. Thought I'd skip it, and just go for the desserts.

I do have one question about the Fantasmic show. Are we going to have to split up and do the two showings? I don't mind doing the second show if that is the case.

Quote:
LOL! This makes me smile!

Last edited by tinkermell; 12-22-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #1825
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell
HI Sarah! Wow, two Marathons, back to back. Youza!
The 10K on Saturday is 6.2 miles and the Half Marathon on Sunday morning is 13.1. So 19.3 mikes total. :-)

In WDW they do the Goofy challenge. A full marathon (26.2 miles) and a Half Marathon (13.1) in the same weekend!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #1826
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I do have one question about the Fantasmic show. Are we going to have to split up and do the two showings? I don't mind doing the second show if that is the case.
We might. I am going to post the info after the holidays for F! and ask when they send their "confirmation" to me, if they will indicate if they are willing to do the later show if we can not get enough tickets to the first one. More info in the new year.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #1827
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Navy blue dye will tone down lime green. Lots of navy blue dye. LOL

Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #1828
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Good morning ladies! Off to San Francisco this weekend with a close friend flying up from LA. We had planned on lots of site seeing and shopping at Union Square but have a feeling it will be raining - yuck! Oh well - got us a room at the St. Francis (love old style SF) so will still have a great time.

I love SF during Christmas. My uncle and I met there last year and stayed at the Radisson on the Wharf. Excellent location! We had a great time (and got totally addicted to Ghirardelli hot chocolate!)

Okay, I've sent out my Meet and Greet and my tee shirt stuff. I think the only things I have left to do are get a M&G gift and outfit (I have an idea but am still thinking and looking) and book my airfare (minor detail.) I checked this week and it's $400. That's not the worst price I've seen, but I need to decide if I want to pony up or if I want to use miles. I usually only use miles for flights over $500. I plan on doing booking (whichever way) when I get back from my trip.

I'm leaving Sunday for Modesto to spend Christmas with my aunt, then on Thursday I'm heading for Sacramento for a few days, then on the 30th I fly from Sac to LA for my 6 day solo trip to DL for NYE!!! Actually, my uncle will be joining me for a day or two, so not totally solo!

I hope everyone has a calm and joyous holiday season.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #1829
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good afternoon, ladies!! I spent all morning wrapping presents. But, I do believe I am done except for one or two that I still need to get. I don't like wrapping. I do half in wrapping paper and half in gift bags. lol

Hope you are all having a good Friday! After today my kids are home on winter break. I'm excited to bake cookies, watch movies and just share lots of family time. tonight I think we are going to look at Christmas lights, and tomorrow hopefully (finally) get a Santa photo.

Bridget, that's fine about the BBQ. The only reason I had set it at a little later time was because of the Minnie character meal in the morning. I didn't think people would want to do a buffet and then the BBQ so soon. But, honestly, at anytime it would still be a lot of food so people are just going to have to pick and choose which they want to do. So, the earlier time is fine. I trust you! Oh, and have fun in San Fran!

Mel, like Bridget said, the Fantasmic group will possibly have to be divided into two seatings. But, we had planned to post more about that after the holidays. Too much going on right now!! lol I love once the trip planning starts, it really starts! But, it also starts around the end of the year with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. So much all at once.

Sarah, have fun! I used to take the kids to the zoo all the time when we lived in Burbank.

TTYL, ladies! Have a good weekend.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #1830
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Since I am all about the food these are my plans... I'm not really a fan of Storyteller's but since I can get an AP discount there I will go with that one... Storytellers Cafe
Surf's Up character meal
Carthay Circle
Minnie and Friends character breakfast
Big Thunder BBQ
Carnation Cafe OR Option 2~Cafe Orleans -- I have to think on this one!! I love both!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: