Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #1576
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
ummmm everything......lol The staff was rude, they repeatedly scoffed at us, told us they wouldn't bring us extra towels (when there were NO towels at the pool), yelled at Cassidy when she simply called and asked if they had WiFi (not free, just if they had it and the lady yelled through the phone "we don't have FREE WiFi!! it doesn't say that anywhere!!!" or something along those lines. We had 6 people in the room (and they knew that, that was why we stayed there) and 4 towels but they would never bring more, we asked for extra blankets (blankets on the bed were really thin and it was cold that weekend, it rained the whole time (and yes, the kids still went in the pool lol) and it snowed over the Grapevine, they said they "might have a blanket or two but probably not". They did bring 1 blanket, luckily we had blankets in the minivan so the kids used those and Micah and I used the one they gave us. There were odd hairs in the tub, I cleaned those up and the floors were sticky. As for the towels, we asked 5 times in 2 days and never got them, finally we walked past a maid cart and we just grabbed some from her cart so we had 8. I contacted the management after we got home and they didn't respond at all, I also posted on TA and if you do a search on the board for the Castle Inn you can find this report (probably with more details and slightly different wording lol) again. lol We won't stay there again, it just wasn't worth it.

Happy Friday everyone, super busy right now!! Got haircuts for Jade and I last night, then went to Target to look for clothes for her trip, we didn't buy anything though. We did get stocking stuffers (Target had chocolate bars for $1 each, king size ones) and I got her an ornament, it felt weird, to buy that stuff with her there.....lol I got some bells but I need to get more and I need some silver cording as well, I may go back tonight to get that and some Twinkies.....LOL Since Hostess is declaring bankruptcy.......
I have a lesson tonight, it's a high intermediate lesson so more complicated. Should be fun! Girls leave tomorrow, they will be gone until next Saturday.
Well that hotel is crossed of my list!! That is terrible to have such bad service!!!

Not a Twinkie left in my town. I bet they are all over ebay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
Dropping in to say hi to all. It's been a bit since I have been on here, FB is where I do most of my keeping up.lol
So lots going on. One is I just had a surprise party for my husband. It was great. He had no clue and I was so happy to give him his first surprise party.
This week is my last at current job and I couldn't be happier. Seriously just didn't like it and will never miss it.lol I can't wait for my new job selling cruise vacations with a huge travel online travel agency. I start classes on the 26th.
The next news is my health. I am not feeling to happy with what I have read. Most know I had the pulmonary embolism in Jan to which kept me from coming to the trip this year. I had to have a repeat cat scan in June and the embolism was gone but they found a spot on my other lung that needed to be recheck again. I just had the new scan and we hoped to see it was gone or that it didn't grow but... it did grow and there are 3 more. So I am still waiting to hear from the dr but it's a high chance I will need to have a lung biopsy. So not wanting this to happen but don't like the unknown. I have been googling it quite a bit and don't like what I read as grown and finding more is just not a good sign. Please say a prayer that all is good. Oh and my current ins will end at the end of the month and my new ins from the new job kicks in on Jan 1st. Does anyone know if they can use it as a pre exhisiting if it's a group ins and not an inexpedient one?
I am also planning my daughters baby shower. It's going to be beautiful. She wants an elegant party with little baby shower norms. Her colors are black and white damesack and purple. I have someone special from here making her a baby blanket and cart seat canopy plus a crib bumper.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
Sorry to hear about your health. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way!

We had a great time in the parks this weekend. Violet enjoyed everything so much, she was super calm all day, but that is the norm with her anyway. I'm ready to take her back to do the things we didn't have time for. Maybe I can leave her parents at home this time.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I'm having it at my house with 10 people. The shopping is done but not the cleaning. Ugh.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #1577
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Well that hotel is crossed of my list!! That is terrible to have such bad service!!!

Not a Twinkie left in my town. I bet they are all over ebay!

Sorry to hear about your health. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way!

We had a great time in the parks this weekend. Violet enjoyed everything so much, she was super calm all day, but that is the norm with her anyway. I'm ready to take her back to do the things we didn't have time for. Maybe I can leave her parents at home this time.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I'm having it at my house with 10 people. The shopping is done but not the cleaning. Ugh.
Cleaning is the worst!
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #1578
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Cleaning is the worst!
Sure is!

I'm not having Thanksgiving here, but I will be having family staying here. So, I will be cleaning extra good for that. I am making a brined smoked turkey, stuffing, gravy and creamed onions, to take to my SIL's.

Today, we painted part of our garage. Then we have to put some cabinets back in that we took out. Those have to be repainted also. Grrr! The list never ends.

Beth, Noelle's party day sounded perfect for her.

Kerri, I did see your reply on Facebook. I totally believe you, and am not worried.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #1579
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Howdy all!

Michele - If you maintain continuous health coverage, you should have no problem. I believe the law allows 61 days that you can have between plans. You might call your current insurance company and ask them to be sure. Worst case, they will tell you to get COBRA coverage for December, but I think the HIPPA law is 61 or 63 days.

I can't believe I'm only 4 days from WDW. I'm starting to get nervous that I've totally forgotten to do or pack something important. I'm such a stress puppy.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #1580
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Howdy all!

Michele - If you maintain continuous health coverage, you should have no problem. I believe the law allows 61 days that you can have between plans. You might call your current insurance company and ask them to be sure. Worst case, they will tell you to get COBRA coverage for December, but I think the HIPPA law is 61 or 63 days.

I can't believe I'm only 4 days from WDW. I'm starting to get nervous that I've totally forgotten to do or pack something important. I'm such a stress puppy.
If you've forgotten something ..... just shop!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #1581
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning, ladies! Speaking of cleaning, that's what I've been doing all morning. Well, not as much cleaning as organizing. I hate to clean, love to organize. I rearranged the twins room and it looks really good now. Too bad it won't last long. lol

Have a good day, ladies! Don't forget sign ups are going on for the Christmas card exchange if you are interested. Those will continue until the 30th.

Lisa, I like Linda's idea. If you forget something, just go shopping!

Mel, good luck with all the remodeling you are doing. Even though you aren't having Thanksgiving at your house, it sure sounds like you are doing most of the cooking! That's nice of you.

Trudi, I loved the pics from DL. Violet is so precious.

Kelly, thanks for the info on Forks. I know it's a sleepy little town. I just think it will be neat to take a pic there. Really, I'm looking forward to seeing the beaches near there.

Kerri, okay, what are yucky beans?? Did I miss that somewhere? lol
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #1582
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
If you've forgotten something ..... just shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Trudi, I loved the pics from DL. Violet is so precious.

Kerri, okay, what are yucky beans?? Did I miss that somewhere? lol
Awww, thanks. We had such a great time! Oh, I looked high and low for the monkey bride and it was not there!

Don't know what yucky beans are either.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #1583
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Yucky beans sound, well, yucky!

We saw the monkey bride! She's on the left, almost all the way at the end of the section right below a bucket of 8 balls (like those black forture ones). I think if you are on the right side you would miss her.

I agree that Violet is adorable.

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I have a few last minute things to get at Fresh and Easy tomorrow (because they are like fresh and easy ) and we will be all set for the big feast.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1584
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I did my shopping yesterday so I'm ready. After work today I'm just going home and prepping food, I need to get the beans ready (I may make them tonight, they are better the next day usually lol) and I got some broccoli and other veggies to make myself a veggie plate. They always have appetizers but they are heavy fat things so I'm going to do Ranch and veggies for myself so I don't eat too much of the fatty ones. LOL

Ok, yucky beans (I tend to forget people don't know what they are ) are just green bean casserole but I make it differently, I use fresh beans instead of canned or frozen, and instead of just milk I use sharp cheddar cheese. So I add 2 cups of sharp cheddar (well really I just mix it in until I think it looks cheesy enough lol) in place of the milk and add about 1/4 cup of milk so it does have some liquid. I also use a full can of french fried onions instead of part of the can. They come out crisp and cheesy and oh so good!! They are called yucky beans because they look yucky and kids always say "ewwww yucky beans" lol

Melody, I'm sending a new check today.....via UPS......LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #1585
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
We saw the monkey bride! She's on the left, almost all the way at the end of the section right below a bucket of 8 balls (like those black forture ones). I think if you are on the right side you would miss her.
Yay for the Monkey Bride! You almost have to look back as you're going past her to see her. If you're on the right side, it's almost impossible to see her (or if you just refuse to believe the truth, doesn't matter where you sit, you'll never get over yourself enough to see her )

Did you do the Holiday Tour? How was it?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #1586
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Good morning!
I have so not been keeping up. I really don't know what's going on anymore, I'm just showing up in February hoping that the meet is still on

Tomorrow is going to be a hectic. We are joining my aunt & her family for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I'll probably nap until I have to leave for work at 10:30pm. Yup, I'm opening up the Bath & Body Works store. I work there 11:30pm - 8am and then at The Disney Store 2:30pm - 11pm. Hoping it goes by fast!

Anyone else going Black Friday shopping?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #1587
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Oh, I looked high and low for the monkey bride and it was not there!
I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? I have a few last minute things to get at Fresh and Easy tomorrow (because they are like fresh and easy ) and we will be all set for the big feast.
I'm ready. Which isn't saying much. lol We are keeping it very simple because it's just us and also we are leaving the next day so I didn't want a bunch of left overs that no one will be home to eat. We'll have all the usual stuff, just not very much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I did my shopping yesterday so I'm ready. After work today I'm just going home and prepping food, I need to get the beans ready (I may make them tonight, they are better the next day usually lol) and I got some broccoli and other veggies to make myself a veggie plate. They always have appetizers but they are heavy fat things so I'm going to do Ranch and veggies for myself so I don't eat too much of the fatty ones. LOL
You are so "good" and healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
If you're on the right side, it's almost impossible to see her (or if you just refuse to believe the truth, doesn't matter where you sit, you'll never get over yourself enough to see her )
I'm ignoring that comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post

I have so not been keeping up. I really don't know what's going on anymore, I'm just showing up in February hoping that the meet is still on
I rather like that idea. Sounds good to me!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #1588
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Have a nice holiday!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #1589
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #1590
mommaU4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: