Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
JoshuaShaw
DIS Veteran

Awesome report; I really enjoyed your pictures.

Question: on average, about how many shots do you think you captured on a single battery charge? I recently bought the HX20 and took it on a trial run this past weekend, but didn't achieve anywhere near the 320 shots the manual boasts under CIPA conditions. Just trying to figure out the best way to maximize my battery life.
JoshuaShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #32
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Great Review! We have rented points and are staying on property for the 1st time at BWV next May. We got a standard view so I'm interested in finding out what kind of view we might end up with. I have to agree with the other posters about you pics, they are beautiful!
Thanks! I hope you have a great stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaShaw View Post
Awesome report; I really enjoyed your pictures.

Question: on average, about how many shots do you think you captured on a single battery charge? I recently bought the HX20 and took it on a trial run this past weekend, but didn't achieve anywhere near the 320 shots the manual boasts under CIPA conditions. Just trying to figure out the best way to maximize my battery life.
I never made a complete count. I think i was averaging 150 pictures a day plus some video and reviewing,
and only once or twice did i ever switch to my backup batteries. (we usually had an afternoon nap where i recharged)
I did keep my GPS off (I didn't want to run out of battery and miss the 3rd and 4th of July fireworks) and there were very few pictures with flash.

These are the cheap backup batteries plus charger I bought: http://amzn.com/B0032GWZXE
They have worked very well for me since the trip (they were new for the trip so I mostly stayed with the Sony battery.). As an added bonus, the ones I received conform to Sony's info-lithium spec, so the battery life meter shows minutes remaining, starting around 150, instead of the 4-step battery icon that the stock Sony battery shows! Of course with something that cheap, you may get what you pay for (basically nothing, but you're not out much either). I bought a memory card at the same time so the combined order qualified for free shipping, but they were shipped in seperate packages.

Last edited by hakepb; 09-17-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Typo
hakepb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #33
JoshuaShaw
DIS Veteran

Very cool, thanks for the tips.

I'll probably stick to the Sony brand for a backup battery, due to bad luck with generic brands in the past.
JoshuaShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #34
DVC Kristen
Kristen

The view at Disney are quite AMAZING! I am thrilled to see all of the success of the guests that visit and have great feedback! Awesome pictures!
DVC Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: