Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Booking at WBC...

We are planning to book a fall WDW vacation and planning to stay at WBC for the first time. If I book with Ken at Vacation upgrades will he know what suite/tower we will be in at booking or is that determined at check in? Should I be discussing location requests with him? What baby equipment? Is it possible to get a crib/packnplay and a highchair? Booking offsite is definitely outside my comfort zone. Any knowledge would be great appreciated!
Thank you!!!

-Kelly
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
We are planning to book a fall WDW vacation and planning to stay at WBC for the first time. If I book with Ken at Vacation upgrades will he know what suite/tower we will be in at booking or is that determined at check in? Should I be discussing location requests with him? What baby equipment? Is it possible to get a crib/packnplay and a highchair? Booking offsite is definitely outside my comfort zone. Any knowledge would be great appreciated!
Thank you!!!

-Kelly
Pack n play cribs and high chairs are provided for free. Request them check-in and they will be delivered to your room.

As for room requests, my experience is the best time is when you check in. Remember, nothing is guaranteed. Unlike Disney resorts, where you pay extra for views or shorter walks to the bus, there is more luck of the draw at bonnet creek.

Do you know what you want to ask for, anyway? There is tons of info in the "we looooooove bonnet creek" thread.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
Pack n play cribs and high chairs are provided for free. Request them check-in and they will be delivered to your room.

As for room requests, my experience is the best time is when you check in. Remember, nothing is guaranteed. Unlike Disney resorts, where you pay extra for views or shorter walks to the bus, there is more luck of the draw at bonnet creek.

Do you know what you want to ask for, anyway? There is tons of info in the "we looooooove bonnet creek" thread.
Thanks for the response! I really don't know what to request, except if possible I would like a "quiet" location as I have three children, two of whom will need naps during the day. However, I don't really want to get too stuck on a certain location, as I don't want to get disappointed if it doesn't pan out. I guess I was more curious as to whether or not I would know where I was going to be when I book so then I can research the location.
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
Thanks for the response! I really don't know what to request, except if possible I would like a "quiet" location as I have three children, two of whom will need naps during the day. However, I don't really want to get too stuck on a certain location, as I don't want to get disappointed if it doesn't pan out. I guess I was more curious as to whether or not I would know where I was going to be when I book so then I can research the location.
The resort doesn't have really "Quiet" and "loud" areas like some hotels (Or onsite at Disney). With all the towers around the central lake area, your best bet for a quieter location is either higher up in the towers, or a view over the parking lots. In general though, I've found that with a higher floor and with the patio door closed, there aren't really any major noise issues.

The Resort is compact enough that other than personal preferences, there really isn't a bad location in the entire place. Everything is within really easy walking distance at the resort. (unlike some of the hikes at the spread out Moderates and Values onsite)
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
brooklindaddy
Earning My Ears

The only thing I can add to this thread is to ask if there are any conventions guests staying at WBC, so that you don't get stuck in the same building with a partying crowd. Pretty quiet rooms when you are in them. If you want a view of the pool/lake, then expect the extra volume of laughs, screams, and hollering that goes on at the pools.
We were there last year in Aug, and did not find noise to be an issue at any hour of the day.

2008 - off site (Summer Bay Resort)
2009 - Port Orleans
2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - Bonnett Creek/Coronado Springs
2012 - off site (Hilton Grand Vacations)
2013 - did not make a visit
brooklindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
MinnieTeacher
Mouseketeer

We found the resort to be very quite also. I don't think you'd have a problem unless you were poolside on a lower floor. I'd request a higher floor to be safe. Also check on e-bay. We got a great deal on there from redweeksforless. They were great to work with and everything went off without a hitch. I called the resort and made my own request, however none of my requests were met.
2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010-Polynesian Resort
2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Me

: DH

DD

DS

MinnieTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote